Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+7
Chaos-Blades
Sgdhdh
Ehillnerfer
lashed
Roger Explosion
tank720
splosionman
11 posters

To longshot owners who have taken their guns apart

splosionman

To longshot owners who have taken their guns apart Empty To longshot owners who have taken their guns apart

Post  splosionman Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:37 am

I have recently bought a longshot and want to modd it but I can get the orange bolt grip off If you know what I mean. Is there anyway to get it off, preferably without breaking anything?
    tank720
    tank720

To longshot owners who have taken their guns apart Empty Re: To longshot owners who have taken their guns apart

Post  tank720 Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:07 am

i know how grab a filips head screwdriver and put it under the bolt and lever it out.
    Roger Explosion
    Roger Explosion
    Administrator
    Administrator

To longshot owners who have taken their guns apart Empty Re: To longshot owners who have taken their guns apart

Post  Roger Explosion Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:24 am

I think you can also use a claw hammer
    lashed
    lashed

Post  lashed Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:40 am

Roger Explosion wrote:I think you can also use a claw hammer

+1

Over @ Haven this is the recommended method.

-lashed
    Ehillnerfer
    Ehillnerfer

Post  Ehillnerfer Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:32 am

Dont use a claw hammer it scrapes the paint off the gun, just use a flat head screwdriver works the best, and dont be afraid of using force.
    tank720
    tank720

Post  tank720 Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:28 pm

yeah ehillnerfer is right.
    Sgdhdh

Post  Sgdhdh Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:06 pm

Ehillnerfer wrote:Dont use a claw hammer it scrapes the paint off the gun, just use a flat head screwdriver works the best, and dont be afraid of using force.
    i put like paper undernearth the claw hammer to remove it so it wont touch the gun
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:37 am

Mine was loose enough that i could pull it off by hand.
    I suggest using a screwdriver, if it doesn't just "pop" off.

EDIT:
    Chaos-blades wrote:Mine was loose enough that i could pull it off by hand.
    I've really got to watch how i word things.

~Chaos~
    splosionman

Post  splosionman Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:51 am

ive taken the gun apart and added springs but my drillbit is just not long enough to drill out the air restrictor
    Can you take th barrel apart?
    if not then could someone from adelaide lend me a long drillbit
    Sgdhdh

Post  Sgdhdh Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:41 am

splosionman wrote:ive taken the gun apart and added springs but my drillbit is just not long enough to drill out the air restrictor
    Can you take th barrel apart?
    if not then could someone from adelaide lend me a long drillbit
    you dont need to drill it out, you just need to cut those 3 sticks thats holding the round piece (you should see it when you remove the spring chamber). then all the air restrictor should fall out, thats how i did mine.
    WV17
    WV17

Post  WV17 Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:46 am

their not even hard to cut i actually sawed them out with an apple corer (no small wire cutters) oh and when they come out your gun will be loud so no stealth once first dart is gone.
    splosionman

Post  splosionman Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:14 pm

Sorry I worked this out for myself I had a stupid moment. But more problems.
    I have added a nightfinder spring and a wipeout resistor springs and taken out all the saftes.When I prime the gunI have to pull really hard several times to get the cache to take hold. Why is this.
    I checked nerf haven but that place is a maze. And What have you got against longshots roger explosion.

Edit:I also glued two pieces of foam to the plunger to protect my hearing

Last edited by splosionman on Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
    oompadidoompity
    oompadidoompity

Post  oompadidoompity Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:41 am

splosionman wrote:Sorry I worked this out for myself I had a stupid moment. But more problems.
    I have added a nightfinder spring and a wipeout resistor springs and taken out all the saftes.
    When I prime the gunI have to pull really hard several times to get the cache to take hold. Why is this.
    I checked nerf haven but that place is a maze. And What have you got against longshots roger explosion

exact same thing i did added a nightfinder spring and a small part of the resistor spring from a supa splat infront of the nightfinder spring nice and quiet now
    splosionman

Post  splosionman Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:27 am

I meant I added a wipeout spring to make it go further.
    Do you have cocking Problems?
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:28 am

splosionman wrote:.When I prime the gunI have to pull really hard several times to get the cache to take hold. Why is this.
    on.

Edit:I also glued two pieces of foam to the plunger to protect my hearing

Myself and Tidge discussed this, and after much debate we concurred that the answer is thus

GET TEH BUUFFZZ NOOOB!!!1!!!shiftone

. In all seriousness.... the longshot is a very complex gun with very small tolerances an clearances in the breech mechanism. You can just add things.. the foam you have added is the problem here, it means the plunger head will fall just short of the catch most tries.. also with those added springs you'll want a stronger catch spring or your catch wont be able to take it...

also finally to fix the problem of the gun being tough to prime i'll reitterate

GO GET TEH BUUUFZZ!!!1!
    splosionman

Post  splosionman Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:28 am

sorry for being nooby but I did replace the catch spring, and took the foam off incase this was the problem.
    I gave up looking on nerf haven a while ago and It seems that people either live with it or my gun is screwed up.
    I intend to get another spring and angel breach it(eventually) so Ill make it key ring primed which shold fix the problem.

I'm through with this thread so mabye someone shold lock it.
    What the f*ck does BUUFFZZ mean
    WV17
    WV17

Post  WV17 Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 am

GET SOME MUSSSSEEELLLSSS THATS WAT BUFFZZZ MEANS!
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:37 am

I think you've just added too many springs to it. Mine has the stock Ls spring and i added a nitefinder spring. It works well.

@ Aj that's why i rock the Ls, because I am TEH BUFFFSSS.

-T
    oompadidoompity
    oompadidoompity

Post  oompadidoompity Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:13 pm

what color is your longshot the yellow ones have a stronger catch i think cos i have the original ls spring + bbb spring and the catch is 100 percent cool with it never failed me once and i didnt do shit to it no extra springs or nothing and this gun kills im just waiting to go to the hobbyshop on thursday to get the brass to angel breech it
    splosionman

Post  splosionman Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:26 pm

Where the hell did you get a BBB spring? I'm going to the hardware store on wednesday to get two c836 springs(one for my nite finder). The advantage with a keyring primed gun is you can go spastic with the springs you put in there, however I might have to do a bit of reinforcement on the plunger. By the way does anyone know for shure if you can get C836 springs from hardware stores.

Oh, and mine is yellow
    oompadidoompity
    oompadidoompity

Post  oompadidoompity Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:39 pm

huh maybe my ls is like on drugs like i said ls + bbb spring = ultimate power haha got the bbb spring from my bbb lol just got back from the states if anyone waas wondering the guns i have now are longshot times 2 one nib rapid fire twenty thats fun bbb oh and a paintball version supasplat someone waas looking to buy paintballs who was it aus nerf i think i can sell em too you if you want
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:42 pm

splosionman wrote:The advantage with a keyring primed gun is you can go spastic with the springs you put in there, however I might have to do a bit of reinforcement on the plunger.

uh... not true

sure the boltsled can snap with extra springs, and keyring priming fixes this. but the catch spring will need beefing up if you go "spastic with the springs"

and to the dude with the BBB spring in it.. give it time I reckon... these things dont break overnight but watch out because its a pretty common occurrence

Aj
    WV17
    WV17

Post  WV17 Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:49 am

This may be a noobish question :oops:. BUt if I add a second spring and have no AR's will it break my LS?
    aardman
    aardman

Post  aardman Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:18 am

When ever you put extra springs in a nerf gun its possible it will break. So you need to reinforce.
    splosionman

Post  splosionman Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:23 pm

-Aj- wrote:
    splosionman wrote:The advantage with a keyring primed gun is you can go spastic with the springs you put in there, however I might have to do a bit of reinforcement on the plunger.

uh... not true

sure the boltsled can snap with extra springs, and keyring priming fixes this. but the catch spring will need beefing up if you go "spastic with the springs"

and to the dude with the BBB spring in it.. give it time I reckon... these things dont break overnight but watch out because its a pretty common occurrence

Aj

How many times do I have to say it?! I have replaced the catch spring with a stronger one.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:43 am