Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

3 posters

Hello all. New Nerfer from Adelaide

Kelen Rai

Hello all. New Nerfer from Adelaide Empty Hello all. New Nerfer from Adelaide

Post  Kelen Rai Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:51 pm

Hello everyone.
    Im from Northern Adelaide, and i am very new to Nerfing in general.
    I found this site (and the wider Nerf community) from a customer. They came in to buy paint for thier Nerf guns and it sounded intresting so I came over for a look. After a week or so lurking around all i can say is WOW! The effort that some people put into thier equipment is amazing.
    Now I recently purchased a set of 2 Tek 4's for my son's 4th Birthday, and the fun we have had has left me wanting more. I am getting a Maverick soon, and I would like to know where to from here?
    I have no experiance with Modding and the idea of cutting into my new toys is intimidating.
    What would be a good starting point with Modding?
    Also what would be an effective set of weapons to aim for as a new player? Preferably with zero or minor modification.

I know that there is alot of information on the site and I have missed answers to my questions.
    I fear I am suffering from infomation overload, so if this information is out there please point me in the right direction.

Thankyou and Hello

Kelen Rai
    Winterstrike

Hello all. New Nerfer from Adelaide Empty Re: Hello all. New Nerfer from Adelaide

Post  Winterstrike Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:46 pm

Firstly, welcome to the most active nerf community in Australia! I'll make things easy for you, come to one of our wars and see for yourself what you like. It's much easier to visualise what nerf guns are all about after seeing them in real life. Check out the websites in my signature for more introductory information to nerf.
    TheKhakinator
    TheKhakinator

Hello all. New Nerfer from Adelaide Empty Re: Hello all. New Nerfer from Adelaide

Post  TheKhakinator Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:06 pm

Nitefinders are a good first modders gun (much better then the unreliable Maverick) but for a good fun time stock the Raider is great (though expensive).
    Kelen Rai

Post  Kelen Rai Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:11 am

After talking to Winterstrike and some of the other members last night (sorry but i have forgotten your names) I am even more pumped to join in.
    I had a look at your site last night Winterstrike and I found that it is very friendly to new people.
    I really like the Nerf gun reviews, took the "what am I looking at?" to a nice "hey isnt that the gun with the real good review?".
    My friend also dropped by today with my Maverick, and that is a real fun gun. Feels good in hand and I am getting a good RoF and nice groupings too. He also brought a Double Shot and that really needs some work. Poor thing could barely clear the barrel.
    So after having a bit of fun playing with the Maverick and getting the Double Shoot to fire better (a lost cause im thinking) we went down to my local Kmart. And sitting there were 2 Magstrikes. Now I was going down to just show him some of the other guns but i cant pass up a gun with that nice a review. A quick visit to layby resulted in us both getting a Magstrike in the not to distant future.
    I am really looking forward to joining in and bringing my friend along to.
    Thankyou for all the advice so far.

PS. My wife seems to have a good time shooting me in the head, is this a cause for concern?
    Winterstrike

Post  Winterstrike Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:20 am

Glad I could help, that's exactly what AN was designed for. Hope you have fun with your new acquisitions and hope to see you in the future.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:55 pm