Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+8
sitras
SnowDragon
Jackolow
matt.chopper
Servulus
-Aj-
Psykka
dandaldaks
12 posters

unfortunate events with the longshot : (

dandaldaks
    dandaldaks

unfortunate events with the longshot : ( Empty unfortunate events with the longshot : (

Post  dandaldaks Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:53 am

recently i was opening up my longshot and in the process there was a stripped screw which means the phillips head engravements were stripped off so now i have a f_cked up longshot so i can't open it does any one know how to fix it HELP PLZ
    the location of the screw is on the handle the furthest one

update - i haven't got it out i just forgot about it an carried on and painted it and now it looks like this
    unfortunate events with the longshot : ( Longshot1 itz hectic isn't, I'll probably take some more pictures

Last edited by dandaldaks on Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:55 am; edited 2 times in total
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

unfortunate events with the longshot : ( Empty Re: unfortunate events with the longshot : (

Post  Psykka Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:20 am

This should be in the questions thread.

Is it one of the two screws at the very front? If so that happened to my gun too. These screws are super long so there's a lot of friction on them. I took every other screw out of the gun and levered it open then either take a hacksaw or dremil (carefully!) to the screw mount inside the gun. You wont be able to put that screw in anymore. Be sure to trim the two sides of the screw mount down so they don't press together and make the gun bulge.
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

unfortunate events with the longshot : ( Empty Re: unfortunate events with the longshot : (

Post  -Aj- Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:58 am

Bunnings and other hardware stores sell screw removal kits, however I've never investigated whether they are small enough for our purposes.

Psykka's method works too, you need to do it carefully to minimise damage to he rest of the gun

Aj
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:13 am

Another way to do this is to use a drill and a bit, the bit should be just larger then the shaft of the screw it self, then carefully you can drill down in to the head of the screw until the head of the screw breaks off.

To make this procedure easier you could use a drill press, but i have never needed to use a drill press before, unless i am drilling out a stainless steel screw or bolt, or a screw with a shaft of under 2.99mm (3mm i can do easily by hand).

The screw itself has a shaft of about 2.5mm so a 3mm bit will do this job.

Once you have the body apart you will still be able to remove the screw by either using a pair of pliers (if there is enough of the screw to grab) or if you have a dremel and a cutting disk you might be able to place a slot in the screws body and use a jewellers flat head screw driver, to remove the shaft.
    matt.chopper
    matt.chopper

Post  matt.chopper Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:35 am

I had this same problem.
    The stuch screw was at the front of the main gun so...
    I cut through the screw with a copping saw.
    The best thing is it worked
    Jackolow

Post  Jackolow Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:03 pm

I'm not sure if it'll work, however if you have enough control, you could glue the tip of a metal stick (like a screw driver), put it in the screw and let it set... screw it out (hoping the glue holds) and then just dissolve the glue in some sort of solvent

Thats probably what those screw remover kits are
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:59 pm

I had this problem with an internal silver screw.

Just drill that sucker out. One screw won't cause the whole case to fall apart.
    dandaldaks
    dandaldaks

Post  dandaldaks Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:48 am

meh i just riped his head off
    sitras
    sitras

Post  sitras Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:55 pm

yeah i had it as well so i got a flat-head screwdriver (a cheap one) and pushed into the screw, because they are so soft i made my own indent to un-screw it with
    xX-Foamin8tor-Xx

Post  xX-Foamin8tor-Xx Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:19 am

last time i had a stripped screw i just glued a stick to it and unscrewed it then got a new srew
    problem solved....well it worked for me
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:11 pm

It's because SOME PEOPLE put their screw into their nerf gun too hard. That's what ruin their guns.

A prime example is Rees85.

When I bought his Recon, holy crap the screws were in the nerf gun so freaking far that I stripped almost most of my screws.

Khail
    Khail

Post  Khail Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:11 am

My mate did the same thing on the bottom of thos two screws, he just drilled out the screw so now he has a 10mm hole, its only visible from one side of the gun, so its not too atrocious.
    SuctionCup
    SuctionCup

Post  SuctionCup Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:09 am

Lol, I'll have to watch out for this when my longshot arrives!

This could turn into a 'How I accidentally broke my blaster' thread. That would be awesome.

- SuctionCup -

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:18 am