Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Calendar Calendar


+3
Winterstrike
Darth Lai
Pocket
7 posters

    Round up of the new 2010 Nerf blasters

    Pocket
    Pocket


    Posts : 18
    Join date : 2010-07-15

    Round up of the new 2010 Nerf blasters Empty Round up of the new 2010 Nerf blasters

    Post  Pocket Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:39 pm

    Hi, just thought I'd do a quick summary on the new 2010 blasters and the scenarios I think you'd use them in:)

    http://urbantaggers.blogspot.com/2010/09/review-new-nerf-round-up-favourite.html
    Darth Lai
    Darth Lai


    Posts : 207
    Join date : 2010-07-13
    Age : 25
    Location : Adelaide, South Australia

    Round up of the new 2010 Nerf blasters Empty Re: Round up of the new 2010 Nerf blasters

    Post  Darth Lai Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:17 pm

    Haha. Great "review" mate, as always.

    I WANT THE SPECTRE AND THE BARREL BREAK
    avatar
    Winterstrike


    Posts : 260
    Join date : 2009-04-16
    Age : 43
    Location : Adelaide SA

    Round up of the new 2010 Nerf blasters Empty Re: Round up of the new 2010 Nerf blasters

    Post  Winterstrike Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:17 pm

    I appreciate what you're trying to do for the community but a lot of what you say makes me want to /facepalm. I'm sorry I can't be more diplomatic about the way I say things as I'm not in "eloquent mode" when I speak on here but here are some quotes that I find to be at first amusing and then sad, as it does what a review should not do, which is misdirect.

    Ok, so i've mentioned it several times but the new Alpha Trooper CS-18 has taken the title of my favourite blaster; it's the all purpose blaster with power and accuracy
    A reverse plunger is a reverse plunger is a reverse plunger. A recon is a deploy is a raider is an alpha trooper.

    Not the confrontational type? Bit of a loner? Prefer sneaking around under the cover of darkness? (lets park the fact the blaster is bright yellow) The Spectre REV-5 is for you.
    The "silencer" doesn't work as one, and even if it did, how does this gun make you personally any more stealthy?

    Time to arm yourself with a solid melee weapon like a Nerf baseball bat (we don't have N-Force swords here in Australia)
    Those baseball bats are intended for use with soft baseballs but they're still not meant for striking humans. I wouldn't recommend using these in nerf wars.

    . So again, bring out your Alpha Trooper but configure it with a Raider CS-35 drum for maximum rounds for your slam-fire, with multiple clips strapped to your chest.
    What was the whole point of buying an alpha trooper only to ditch the 18 round mag for the raider's 35 drum mag since it's internally the same gun? Then you contradict yourself more with strapping even more six clips to your chest with a bandolier because the bandolier is the only "convenient" thing you can find?

    I know I can take criticism personally and I urge you not to. I say these things to you not to belittle but to request for you to make your review seem more like one but please don't make false claims(the alpha trooper is more powerful than other guns). The more people that read misleading reviews, the more I have to deal with undergeared new players who think they're armed to the teeth.
    Switchblade
    Switchblade


    Posts : 232
    Join date : 2010-08-05
    Age : 28
    Location : Brisbane Represent!

    Round up of the new 2010 Nerf blasters Empty Re: Round up of the new 2010 Nerf blasters

    Post  Switchblade Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:14 am

    to me it seems like these are hypothetical roleplaying makebelieve scenarios but I agrre that some of the information is misleading (alpha is stronger than other blasters)

    I read the review on the alpha and was like "holy crap 8/10 performance (or whatever you gave it) and was tempted to get one, but a LS will always be better because it's not reverse plunger.
    Pocket
    Pocket


    Posts : 18
    Join date : 2010-07-15

    Round up of the new 2010 Nerf blasters Empty Re: Round up of the new 2010 Nerf blasters

    Post  Pocket Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:47 am

    Winterstrike wrote:I appreciate what you're trying to do for the community but a lot of what you say makes me want to /facepalm. I'm sorry I can't be more diplomatic about the way I say things as I'm not in "eloquent mode" when I speak on here but here are some quotes that I find to be at first amusing and then sad, as it does what a review should not do, which is misdirect.

    Ok, so i've mentioned it several times but the new Alpha Trooper CS-18 has taken the title of my favourite blaster; it's the all purpose blaster with power and accuracy
    A reverse plunger is a reverse plunger is a reverse plunger. A recon is a deploy is a raider is an alpha trooper.

    Not the confrontational type? Bit of a loner? Prefer sneaking around under the cover of darkness? (lets park the fact the blaster is bright yellow) The Spectre REV-5 is for you.
    The "silencer" doesn't work as one, and even if it did, how does this gun make you personally any more stealthy?

    Time to arm yourself with a solid melee weapon like a Nerf baseball bat (we don't have N-Force swords here in Australia)
    Those baseball bats are intended for use with soft baseballs but they're still not meant for striking humans. I wouldn't recommend using these in nerf wars.

    . So again, bring out your Alpha Trooper but configure it with a Raider CS-35 drum for maximum rounds for your slam-fire, with multiple clips strapped to your chest.
    What was the whole point of buying an alpha trooper only to ditch the 18 round mag for the raider's 35 drum mag since it's internally the same gun? Then you contradict yourself more with strapping even more six clips to your chest with a bandolier because the bandolier is the only "convenient" thing you can find?

    I know I can take criticism personally and I urge you not to. I say these things to you not to belittle but to request for you to make your review seem more like one but please don't make false claims(the alpha trooper is more powerful than other guns). The more people that read misleading reviews, the more I have to deal with undergeared new players who think they're armed to the teeth.

    Hi,

    Thanks for the in depth response. I need to clarify the baseball bat isn't supposed to be for humans. It's for zombies.

    I appreciate what I write and the blog itself isn't for everyone; I have tried to make it pretty clear in most posts that Urban Taggers is about out of the box Nerf, role playing, indoors. I personally don't participate in Nerf wars and have expressed that many times on the blog. I don't do mods nor am I concerned with reverse vs direct plungers. Personally, in the environment I use the blasters (ie my small apartment) they're ALL pretty adequate- but I do make references to where I'm using them (eg staircase, lounge area etc).

    I have acknowledged several times that Longshot reigns supreme for power and accuracy in other posts, but this specific post is meant to be a round up of the new 2010 blasters and my Alpha Trooper does seem to be more powerful in comparison to the Spectre,Barrel Break, Barricade + Deploy. (it'll probably get owned by the Stampede.. but I'm still waiting on mine)

    I absolutely agree it's not as powerful as the Longshot, (i've even posted a video review proving it) but my Alpha Trooper does seem to be more powerful than both my clear and regular Raiders. Sure it's supposed to have the same reverse plunger mechanism, but I'm only going with my own experiences.

    As for the stealthiness of using the Spectre- I've also mocked the "silencer" on the Spectre REV-5 several times on previous posts as I do with most attachments; I feel they're mostly there for show but they give you something nice to look at, which does add to the fun. (As with wearing those COD night vision goggles..although it's more likely to have you end up in a crumpled heap at the bottom of the stairs)

    I get that a good majority of the "Nerf community" is into wars and having the most powerful blaster and in turn modding and so forth. While I think that's great and all, I'm of that small minority (or maybe just me!) that just enjoys my Nerf blasters because of the way they look and work in my apartment or office. I generally assume anyone who reads my reviews and recommendations I post should be able to tell that Urban Taggers is not the place to go to for serious technical reviews because there are plenty of cool sites that cover this off already; it's more for the roleplay cool factor of a toy blaster.

    If you're face palming every time you read my posts, I hope you don't give yourself brain damage because you'd be likely to keep doing so in future if you kept reading!

    All being said, I admit not everyone reads what I write in detail and I may unintentionally mislead readers; I shall endeavor to make my posts more transparent in what they're meant to be.

    Cheers


    Switchblade
    Switchblade


    Posts : 232
    Join date : 2010-08-05
    Age : 28
    Location : Brisbane Represent!

    Round up of the new 2010 Nerf blasters Empty Re: Round up of the new 2010 Nerf blasters

    Post  Switchblade Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:54 am

    Lol you only end up on a heap in the floor while using NVGs if your not aware of you surroundings or don't take your time and rush into something.

    But I get where you comming from with the whole " I dont mod them" and "playing in small indoor places" then for those purposes, stock blasters will br fine and I understnad that you don't like to/want to mod either, personnel preference.
    avatar
    Nuggetsfan


    Posts : 13
    Join date : 2010-02-15
    Age : 37
    Location : Jindabyne nsw

    Round up of the new 2010 Nerf blasters Empty Re: Round up of the new 2010 Nerf blasters

    Post  Nuggetsfan Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:52 am

    Don't worry pocket I'm also all about out of the box performance and indoor battles so your not alone
    TheDoubleBracket
    TheDoubleBracket


    Posts : 25
    Join date : 2010-08-31
    Age : 32
    Location : Victoriaaaargh

    Round up of the new 2010 Nerf blasters Empty Re: Round up of the new 2010 Nerf blasters

    Post  TheDoubleBracket Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:04 am

    Switchblade wrote:Lol you only end up on a heap in the floor while using NVGs if your not aware of you surroundings or don't take your time and rush into something.

    But I get where you comming from with the whole " I dont mod them" and "playing in small indoor places" then for those purposes, stock blasters will br fine and I understnad that you don't like to/want to mod either, personnel preference.
    Yeah but you haven't seen the COD NVGs. They're uber shit And you have no depth perception with them on.
    Switchblade
    Switchblade


    Posts : 232
    Join date : 2010-08-05
    Age : 28
    Location : Brisbane Represent!

    Round up of the new 2010 Nerf blasters Empty Re: Round up of the new 2010 Nerf blasters

    Post  Switchblade Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:21 am

    TheDoubleBracket wrote:
    Switchblade wrote:Lol you only end up on a heap in the floor while using NVGs if your not aware of you surroundings or don't take your time and rush into something.

    But I get where you comming from with the whole " I dont mod them" and "playing in small indoor places" then for those purposes, stock blasters will br fine and I understnad that you don't like to/want to mod either, personnel preference.
    Yeah but you haven't seen the COD NVGs. They're uber shit And you have no depth perception with them on.

    Dude, I fucking have them, there right next to me right now. Don't jump to conclusions that you don't know shit about. All you need is a couple of minutes to adjust to it, then It's easy.
    *Nerfer~Sludge*
    *Nerfer~Sludge*


    Posts : 18
    Join date : 2010-08-22
    Age : 23
    Location : Gold Coast

    Round up of the new 2010 Nerf blasters Empty What i want

    Post  *Nerfer~Sludge* Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:46 am

    I really want the spectre and alpha trooper so bad

    Sponsored content


    Round up of the new 2010 Nerf blasters Empty Re: Round up of the new 2010 Nerf blasters

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:08 am