Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

5 posters

New Nerfer in South-East Queensland

Kastor
    Kastor

New Nerfer in South-East Queensland Empty New Nerfer in South-East Queensland

Post  Kastor Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:41 am

Kastor here.

I recently went on a Nerf buying spree and nabbed myself a Recon, Maveric and one of those clear edition raiders.
    I managed to modify the Recon and Raider (Air Restrictor Removed, spring stretched (after doing the modifications I realised stretching the spring does nothing ) I plan on painting them all soon though I'm not sure where to begin or what the best paint to use is so I thought the OzNerf forums would be a great place to start. That and i don't know anyone nearby that also collects Nerf.

Cheers
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

New Nerfer in South-East Queensland Empty Re: New Nerfer in South-East Queensland

Post  littlebro05 Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:51 am

Hey dude, you are lucky taht you have hit one of the most active communities state wise.

http://www.oznerf.com/nerf-wars-f7/brisbane-kelvin-grove-war-25th-septemeber-2010-the-aftermath-with-film-t2121.htm

There is some footage on saturdays war! Remember to reinforce your plunger if you have bought the Recon and raider, They will break if you don't watch out :). Reply quick. I'll be on chat box.
    Kastor
    Kastor

New Nerfer in South-East Queensland Empty Re: New Nerfer in South-East Queensland

Post  Kastor Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:18 am

Heh, Unfortunately I'm leaving the house now. I'll be on later on today hopefully.
    I Haven't thought about reinforcing the plunger. I better get on that right away!

cheers
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:30 am

Kastor wrote:Heh, Unfortunately I'm leaving the house now. I'll be on later on today hopefully.
    I Haven't thought about reinforcing the plunger. I better get on that right away!

cheers

Do you have MSN. I'll PM you the details.
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  inf0rm3r Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:03 pm

Welcome
    jacko1120
    jacko1120

Post  jacko1120 Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:09 pm

Ahhh another gold coast nerfer.
    Welcome mate, Im at molendinar on the gold coast.
    Im guessing you do your nerf shopping at Helensvale?
    SuctionCup
    SuctionCup

Post  SuctionCup Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:38 am

Welcome the the friendly site of Australian Nerfers. I hope you post heaps of topics filled with heaps of infoamation.

- SuctionCup -
    Kastor
    Kastor

Post  Kastor Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:17 am

Thanks for the welcome guys.

On recent dilemma I've just had to face: the brace that supports the slide/cocking mechanisim in my Recon CS-6 has snapped. out of my arsenal my recon would have to be my fav so I'm pretty gutted. anyone know of a way to fix it? or is it trash/spare parts now?

on a more positive note I've aquired a nerf longshot which I plan on modding soon anyway. If my recon is trashed would the recon spring do well in the LongShot?

cheers
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:22 am

Yeah. The Recon spring + Longshot is an alright combo. Not the best, but not the worse.

Show us pictures of what you mean. Because I've never head this problem before lol.

P.S. There are three wars which will be held in the span of 3 weeks, 1 war a week.

NorthSide War - Ferny Grove
    Central Brisbane - Fairfield
    SouthSide War - Mt Gravatt

Check them out in the Nerf War section.
    Kastor
    Kastor

Post  Kastor Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:32 am

Hmmm I dont have a camera, not even a camera phone so I cant take a photo. But if you've got a recon handy if you look down where you insert the magazine you'll see the dart barrel. on either side of the dart barrel you'll see two plastic strips which connect to the grey slide that is used to cock the recon. Basically its snapped where it joins to the dart barrel. (the part you remove before you drill through the Air Restrictors.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:04 am

Oh those two little tabs? Haha drilling out the AR is the noob way :P. I use the pipe cutter method since it's so much cleaner :P. Nah I'm kidding. Whatever is easier for you.

The pipe cutter method takes like 2 seconds. Drilling takes a long time.

What I wuold do is put some sort of pin through there to replace those nubs. That's all I can really think off :(.

P.S.

Come online tonight. I will give you info for the upcoming war events.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:59 pm