Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+13
revo
lefty
heist
oxymoron
Kaos88
SnowDragon
inf0rm3r
Kalvis
killerbunny
littlebro05
phuonguyen
Switchblade
MrOthy
17 posters

Indoor week night war 5th Jan Update 2

Poll

Do you think a week night indoor war in Brisbane would interest you?

[ 23 ]
    Indoor week night war  5th Jan Update 2 - Page 2 Bar_left85%Indoor week night war  5th Jan Update 2 - Page 2 Bar_right [85%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Indoor week night war  5th Jan Update 2 - Page 2 Bar_left15%Indoor week night war  5th Jan Update 2 - Page 2 Bar_right [15%] 

Total Votes: 27
    MrOthy
    MrOthy

Indoor week night war  5th Jan Update 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Indoor week night war 5th Jan Update 2

Post  MrOthy Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:02 pm

SnowDragon wrote:I'll be there, hopefully with my new urban BDUs and a couple of friends.

That is awesome the more the better

oxymoron wrote:Sounds like a lot of fun. Would it be ok for a couple of noobs to come and watch for a bit maybe. Not sure the wife would let me spend all night warring.

Come when you can and leave when you must! The best place to watch is in the game getting shot at! So bring a gun it's a heap of fun.
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Indoor week night war  5th Jan Update 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Indoor week night war 5th Jan Update 2

Post  SnowDragon Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:22 pm

You know, if there's going to be a smoke machine, I'm going to dig out my laser pointers for a laser sight. Under 1mW Of course, but with the smoke it won't matter. It'll look kick ass
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:11 pm

Spoke to my mate and he is dead keen too so we'll both the there with modded stampede's
    heist
    heist

Post  heist Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:48 am

I'm in too and maybe my nephew
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:49 am

oxymoron wrote:Spoke to my mate and he is dead keen too so we'll both the there with modded stampede's

Interesting. What have you done to the stampedes?
    phuonguyen
    phuonguyen

Post  phuonguyen Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:27 am

Convinced my bro to be my chauffeur. I'll rock up.
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:05 pm

littlebro05 wrote:
    oxymoron wrote:Spoke to my mate and he is dead keen too so we'll both the there with modded stampede's

Interesting. What have you done to the stampedes?

Got the spring/O Ring/plunger padding combo from Black Tactical as well as an upgrade to 15volts. No amount of ammo is too much with this gun now.
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:38 pm

Quick few questions regarding the update,

1) I assume this is still a stinger/dart hire event, thus eyewear?
    2) Who's umpiring/why do we need an umpire?

No physical contact may or may not be hard to enforce in a CQC indoor enviroment, and I also assume this means you are putting the lid on those of us with melee weapons.

I might even bring my cardboard Riot Shield, would kick ass with the barricade.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:06 pm

oxymoron wrote:

Got the spring/O Ring/plunger padding combo from Black Tactical as well as an upgrade to 15volts. No amount of ammo is too much with this gun now.

Interesting. Do you know what the ranges are from the spring replacement? Please no bullshit too. Some a guestimate. Mines' getting about 60-65ft flat with 80ft on 20degrees angled. I've got a tripleshot spring and stock spring combo. With 16Vs through it.
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:48 pm

Addedum Question: When are we being kicked out of the venue?

EDIT: Can you please list an exact rules list so we know what to expect/bring.
    lefty
    lefty

Post  lefty Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:49 pm

SnowDragon wrote:Quick few questions regarding the update,

We are new to Nerfing and looking forward to this event. I was wondering how the dart hire works?
    Are we meant to also bring darts (and anything else) as standard with us?
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:57 pm

lefty wrote:

We are new to Nerfing and looking forward to this event. I was wondering how the dart hire works?

Basically, how it works is that Informer bring a huge ass tub of darts, you pay him some cash and you get to use the darts in the tub for the war. So you don't need to bring any dartage with you to a game.
    MrOthy
    MrOthy

Post  MrOthy Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:16 am

2) Who's umpiring/why do we need an umpire?

No physical contact may or may not be hard to enforce in a CQC indoor enviroment, and I also assume this means you are putting the lid on those of us with melee weapons.

I might even bring my cardboard Riot Shield, would kick ass with the barricade.

First:
    Yes threre will be 1100 new blue stingers(just finished making them)
    also 350 streamlines and 250 whistler/suction darts. As for the glasses, in some games we encourage head shots.

Second:
    I will umpire/facilitate. There is a lot of cover in the building and a umpire or umpires will have a good view to help stop cheating and keep the games flowing.

Third:
    Melee weapons are fine just use them on the torso, the no physical contact is more hands on, wrestling etc. At one war, I had a person barge someone over who was behind a riot shield and then shoot them.

SnowDragon wrote:Addedum Question: When are we being kicked out of the venue?

EDIT: Can you please list an exact rules list so we know what to expect/bring.

Fourth:
    I am happy to stay playing as long as people want to, so if that's one or two in the morning then I'm cool with that.

Fifth:
    Rules will vary from game to game. But a hit is only when a dart hits a player on the full. Ricochet and gun hits don't count. As far as what to bring, I would suggest modded Longshot/Quadshot for long range and then Raider/Alpha Trooper for rate of fire. Barricade/ Maverick/Furyfire for a side arm due to rate of fire.

lefty wrote:

Last:
    I have bagged up all the darts in lots of 50. There is no need to bring darts. At the start of the event, there will be a cup next to the dart box, just put in a gold coin donation and take a bag. I also have 500 FBR stefans for those who have modded their guns for FBR.
    When you leave, empty all the darts into the box.

Last edited by MrOthy on Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:20 am

We should never encourage headshots.... especially with stingers. IF that thing hits someones teeth, you'll be looking at an expensive dental bill lawsuit.
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:28 am

Man I hope that encouraging headshots bit was just a typo.
    MrOthy
    MrOthy

Post  MrOthy Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:59 am

Just to clarify about the head shots:
    In previous wars, we have had 4 teams for Capture the Flag, due to 30+ people playing. So to keep the games flowing and producing results, we instituted body hit = respawn, head shot = out of the game. Games were limited to 10-15 minutes long, and we needed results for Round Robin competitions. This will not necessarily happen at this war, depending on numbers, it's just something I've done in the past which was effective. Obviously, you have to consider the environment and maturity of those playing before instituting such a rule.

Looking forward to this war, and am excited about setting up the venue tomorrow. Only 2 days to go!
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:09 am

A reason to encourage players to give headshots isn't cool, no matter your player base, especially with Stingers.
    Kaos88
    Kaos88

Post  Kaos88 Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:12 am

So looking forward to this!
    Still applying custom paint to my guns for this.
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:44 pm

Hey guys, on the odd chance that this goes past, let's say... 10:30 can one of you guys be so kind as to offer me a lift home? The reason for this is that mym mum wont be able to ppick me up after this time, hence my previous question.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:08 pm

In reply to MrOthy's post. Were these with stock darts? We still discourage them (however, it's your war) since hard tipped darts to the teeth ain't pretty. Especially since we're doing CQB. Pointblank shooting will definitely happen.
    MrOthy
    MrOthy

Post  MrOthy Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:24 pm

I'm looking forward to this war! I spent alot of today setting up the venue.
    For those who are coming to this war, please post what game types you like. We may not use them all, but if there are a lot of people who want one type, that will help me plan for tomorrow.
    revo
    revo

Post  revo Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:26 pm

Hopefully, I'm comming tomorrow.
    MrOthy
    MrOthy

Post  MrOthy Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:29 pm

Switchblade wrote:Hey guys, on the odd chance that this goes past, let's say... 10:30 can one of you guys be so kind as to offer me a lift home? The reason for this is that mym mum wont be able to ppick me up after this time, hence my previous question.

Hay man what suburb do you live in? Do you have a curfew?
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:33 pm

MrOthy wrote:
    Switchblade wrote:Hey guys, on the odd chance that this goes past, let's say... 10:30 can one of you guys be so kind as to offer me a lift home? The reason for this is that mym mum wont be able to ppick me up after this time, hence my previous question.

Na It's just that my mum isn't going to stay up till... Whenever we decide to finnish, so she said before 10:30, she can grab me, anytime after that... Find another way home.
    I live in acacia ridge, pretty much next door to woolworths there.
    MrOthy
    MrOthy

Post  MrOthy Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:40 pm

Switchblade wrote:
    MrOthy wrote:

Na It's just that my mum isn't going to stay up till... Whenever we decide to finnish, so she said before 10:30, she can grab me, anytime after that... Find another way home.
    I live in acacia ridge, pretty much next door to woolworths there.

Ill be the last to leave, so if you have not got a ride home by then I will take you home!
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:48 pm

Which reminds me Othy. What size snap caps did ben supply you? Are they the larger snap caps?
    MrOthy
    MrOthy

Post  MrOthy Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:05 pm

littlebro05 wrote:Which reminds me Othy. What size snap caps did ben supply you? Are they the larger snap caps?

I got the snap caps from the supplier, I wanted the big ones but they sent me the small ones. Although, I think that the small ones will be better for this war, as there will be lots of drum mags to go with Stampedes, Raiders and Alpha Troopers.

Are you still unable to come? It'd be cool to see you there!
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:16 pm

Of course I'll be able to come! You come to my wars. I'll try my best to come to yours :D. I got a lift organised with Kaos88 (our first zombie in the HvZ game). We'll be there around 5:30.

Yes! Small ones. Did you weight them with anything?
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:41 pm

MrOthy wrote:I'm looking forward to this war! I spent alot of today setting up the venue.
    For those who are coming to this war, please post what game types you like. We may not use them all, but if there are a lot of people who want one type, that will help me plan for tomorrow.

Obviously, Team Survival.
    1 flag CTF might be an interesting game mode indoors, along with traditional 2-flag CTF.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:45 pm

Isn't 1 Flag CTF just called Infiltration? Remember, we did that at the Fairfield war.
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:09 am

Counterstrike gametype?
    Have 'hostages' and terrorists inside a room, and the CT's have to enter the room, eliminate the T's without out causing civilian casualties.
    We could add weapon restrictions, if needed.
    Would be awesome when it's dark...ish, I know that people can easily cheat if it's pitch black.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:34 am

If we had 100% no assholes... then it would be perfect. There's always one in the bunch of many though :(. T's aren't allowed to kill the hostages as they are held for ransom. That's the scenario anyway.
    Reconzor
    Reconzor

Post  Reconzor Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:59 am

Switchblade wrote:Counterstrike gametype?
    Have 'hostages' and terrorists inside a room, and the CT's have to enter the room, eliminate the T's without out causing civilian casualties.
    We could add weapon restrictions, if needed.
    Would be awesome when it's dark...ish, I know that people can easily cheat if it's pitch black.

Dude, that would be awesome :D. Too bad I cant go though.

On a serious note, make sure no body buys an BBBB(nerf terminology).
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:36 am

littlebro05 wrote:If we had 100% no assholes... then it would be perfect. There's always one in the bunch of many though :(. T's aren't allowed to kill the hostages as they are held for ransom. That's the scenario anyway.
    Yeah that makes sense, also you can't use the hostages as human shields either,because then we will bring out the stingers and try to headshot.
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:34 am

littlebro05 wrote:Isn't 1 Flag CTF just called Infiltration? Remember, we did that at the Fairfield war.

Nah, one flag CTF is like two flag CTF, only there's one flag and it sits in the middle of the arena and the objective is to run it to your ENEMY'S base in order to score.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:27 am