Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+3
littlebro05
TheKhakinator
TheBradl3s
7 posters

How to Make a Stefan Compatable Clip

TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

How to Make a Stefan Compatable Clip Empty How to Make a Stefan Compatable Clip

Post  TheBradl3s Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:13 am

Hey everyone! Here's a tutorial on how to modify your clips to accept Stefans. Lets get started.

What you Need:

- Dremel/Rotary Tool
    - Super Glue
    - PVC Sheet/Polycarbonate
    - N-Strike Clip

First take your clips and unscrew the 2 screws on the bottom and then cut along the slide to open it up.

How to Make a Stefan Compatable Clip Img2321q

and it should look like this

How to Make a Stefan Compatable Clip Img2336j

after you have opened it up, take one of your stefans and make a mark just after the dart

How to Make a Stefan Compatable Clip Img2328sw

and then take some polycarbonate or PVC sheet and cut 2 small peices to the size shown in the pic (don't have the exact measurement) and you want it to be about 3mm width.
    and then put them just after the mark and then super glue them in.

How to Make a Stefan Compatable Clip Img2324yHow to Make a Stefan Compatable Clip Img2329u

Now take the sliding pieces and mark where the pieces of PVC are going to slide, mark them and then cut them out with a Dremel. Use the Bit Pictured

How to Make a Stefan Compatable Clip Img2330vHow to Make a Stefan Compatable Clip Img2331cp

and it should look something like this

How to Make a Stefan Compatable Clip Img2333m

Now put it all back together, starting with the screws on the bottom and then use some superglue and glue the sides together.
    and then the inside of the clip should look like this

How to Make a Stefan Compatable Clip Img2337z

Hopefully this isn't too confusing and it works!

- Brad
    TheKhakinator
    TheKhakinator

How to Make a Stefan Compatable Clip Empty Re: How to Make a Stefan Compatable Clip

Post  TheKhakinator Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:54 am

Good mod, good mod. It then just depends on the breech of the gun as to whether it'll load well.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

How to Make a Stefan Compatable Clip Empty Re: How to Make a Stefan Compatable Clip

Post  littlebro05 Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:19 am

Oh my god see. Why can't kids your age on these forums contribute just like you're doing. I'm not going to probably ever use stefans, but this is is something people who aren't using blue foam or stock darts so they can use clipi system blasters. You're actually contributing to the community. Alot of the younger kids on these forums don't do much for the community.

Keep up the great work. I can see in the not to distant future an 'original AND useful' mod by TheBradl3s. I will hopefully see something like that soon.
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:26 am

littlebro05 wrote:Oh my god see. Why can't kids your age on these forums contribute just like you're doing. I'm not going to probably ever use stefans, but this is is something people who aren't using blue foam or stock darts so they can use clipi system blasters. You're actually contributing to the community. Alot of the younger kids on these forums don't do much for the community.

Keep up the great work. I can see in the not to distant future an 'original AND useful' mod by TheBradl3s. I will hopefully see something like that soon.

Thanks Littlebro! I didn't design this though, Tidge did i think, just i haven't seen any write-ups on how to do it here, so i thought I'd make one
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:34 am

Hey you're contributing it to the 'Australian Forum' not NQ or NH. Now people don't have to look as hard to find what they need.
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:36 am

littlebro05 wrote:Hey you're contributing it to the 'Australian Forum' not NQ or NH. Now people don't have to look as hard to find what they need.

Exactly
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:41 am

TheBradl3s wrote:
    Thanks Littlebro! I didn't design this though, Tidge did i think, just i haven't seen any write-ups on how to do it here, so i thought I'd make one
    Yeah, this mod is a home-grown SA mod invented by tidge himself originally.

Great work mate, the only thing i'd suggest is that you re-inforce the under side of the follower (dart platform) as the cuts that are made weaken that spot, in fact, I remember Tidge's original clip's follower broke. He repaired it by fabricating a completely new follower from more of the acryllic sheeting. (you'd probably remember it as the one that broke the other week).

I hope to see more stuff like this from you "supermaxx Kid"
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:42 am

Oh by the way you know the part where you dremeled it so you could open it. You can actually force it open. You can do this by pushing it up 20mm like a 'n strike' breech and it will split in half.
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:47 am

littlebro05 wrote:Oh by the way you know the part where you dremeled it so you could open it. You can actually force it open. You can do this by pushing it up 20mm like a 'n strike' breech and it will split in half.
    Sometimes the glue that they use is a bitch and needs to be dremelled or put into hot water.
    ShootEmUp
    ShootEmUp

Post  ShootEmUp Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:53 am

Very nice write up, clear pictures and clear instructions. Keep up the good work.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:27 am

Up the rep of his post!

Great writeup!
    hichrich
    hichrich

Location : Sydney, NSW, Australia, Planet Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, The Universe

Post  hichrich Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:35 pm

Very, VERY nice write up. I will be doing this but in a different way...

...on a SUPERCLIP!!

I will probably use brass square, as this will add strength and stability to the clip because my old superclip broke :(. But yeah, if you want me to do a superclip stefan mod give me a shout.

PEACE OUT LIZARDS!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:21 am