Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Calendar Calendar


+16
gamepro383
FaytZero
Chaos-Blades
dandaldaks
bulletproofvest
whichgrep
Saintznerf
kingkottah
gooni
TheBradl3s
Joey
Hamish
LostBoy
SuctionCup
Psykka
Piesamus
20 posters

    World War 3, Perhaps?

    Piesamus
    Piesamus


    Posts : 24
    Join date : 2010-11-14
    Age : 27
    Location : Armadale, cuz'.

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  Piesamus Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:01 am

    As most of you would know by now, North Korea has started shelling South Korea's island provinces due to South Korea's military training on said islands. For those who don't know, click here.

    Well, with the US sending in a special carrier to negotiate and back up South Korea , there has been skepticism that China will back up North Korea, causing both Supernations to bring in their Allies (Unfortunately, that means us too) and in turn possibly causing a third World War, the first of which based mainly in Asia rather than Europe.

    With both China and North Korea having strong ties with Russia, and knowing the US' views on the ex-Communist landmass, this could move onto Europe. Since we're in the age of Nuclear Weaponry, Nagasaki and Hiroshima may repeat itself on an international scale.

    Anyway, OzNerf, what're your views on this? Do you think we'll go to war? Who'll be supporting us if we do?
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 439
    Join date : 2010-08-20
    Age : 32
    Location : Melbourne, Preston

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  Psykka Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:29 am

    I'll get to work on an FEV virus. One of you guys need to found vault tech.

    I can't wait ^.^


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Halt, Hammerzeit!
    SuctionCup
    SuctionCup


    Posts : 195
    Join date : 2010-09-20
    Age : 23
    Location : Scenic Rim

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  SuctionCup Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:32 am

    World war 3? That would make a good movie...
    But anyway, I dont really believe that there will be a world war, mabye a war perhaps, but not a world one.

    This is a very serious topic for a forum popualised by teenagers and adults who play with toy guns !
    LostBoy
    LostBoy


    Posts : 546
    Join date : 2010-06-28
    Age : 23
    Location : Melbourne. Victoria

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  LostBoy Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:44 am

    I dont think there will be a WW3. I think itll be like the Iraq war.
    Hamish
    Hamish


    Posts : 213
    Join date : 2009-10-08
    Age : 25
    Location : Adelaide

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  Hamish Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:49 am

    Depends really. If it does happen it will be really short, more of a war about who has the most nukes. Basically don't piss off any good economies like Japan or China and definitely don't go messing with Korea. NATO won't stop anything. Did the Americans listen when they were told not to invade Iraq?

    Thats my thoughts.

    -Hamish
    Joey
    Joey


    Posts : 551
    Join date : 2010-08-07
    Age : 34
    Location : Brisbane

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  Joey Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:08 am

    North Korea's economy is so bad that they couldn't fuel a war for more than a month, let alone a world one.

    Russia? Eh, they would probably just defend themselves they have enough issues with the land they own than anything else.

    China could become an unstoppable war machine which is kinda scary, however most of their income comes from exports. Would probably go straight for Japan if they are still sour about that whole WW2 thingy.

    Really though I think that China and Russia see NK as an annoying nuicence. Communism taken too for in the other direction. Both those countries have tried the whole 'dictator' thing and now without it they are doing better than ever.

    If anything NK is going to do something stupid (Nuke SK, and in turn everyone is going to fire on them, leading up to a big land grab for NK).

    Otherwise play less 'Call of medal of Duty: modern black ops 6' because any world war will go like this:


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Slydev nerf parts and accessories store
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s
    Moderator
    Moderator


    Posts : 512
    Join date : 2010-06-28
    Age : 25
    Location : The Awesome Adelaide!!!!!!! Rank: Goblin Welder

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  TheBradl3s Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:19 am

    Psykka wrote:I'll get to work on an FEV virus. One of you guys need to found vault tech.

    I can't wait ^.^

    Most Definitely do you know were the closest one is? because i want to be first and become the overseer! also, Good luck with the FEV and making everyone super-mutants... I'll start building the G.E.C.K.

    anyway, on-topic. WWIII. Hopefully it wont happen, when the US bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki, they didn't know that it would be as devastating as it was, despite they knew its power. Also these days fusion bombs like the fat-man used on Hiroshima and Nagasaki (i hope im right) isn't as powerful as fission which is used in the hydrogen bomb which is more powerful. Hopefully it wont happen, because the world will be f***ed over if it does.

    And i believe the Japanese are part of the Allies, or allies with the US because they helped japan get back on its feet and by doing that they made them make a constitution and in that it says that the Japanese cant attack the US, or something like that. If im wrong, just say, im just remembering what i learnt in History last year.

    And there is also the possibility of letting North ans South Korea fighting it out them self's, so yeah...

    That's my take on it all.

    - Brad
    gooni
    gooni


    Posts : 385
    Join date : 2010-07-17
    Age : 44
    Location : Adelaide 5039.SA.AU.... Rank: Ghetto King

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  gooni Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:53 am

    TheBradl3s wrote:

    And there is also the possibility of letting North ans South Korea fighting it out them self's, so yeah...

    That's my take on it all.

    - Brad

    First off, North and South Korea are still at war "technically" as the Korean war never realy ended, no peace agreement/treaty was signed.

    The Japanese have a "self defence force", and in their constitution that they "can't" goto war unless they are attcked on their home soil or sovren territory," or a naval vessel or aircraft I think.

    The US is a very close allie to South korea and Japan, and would help out with support or troops and assets if needed. Remember that north korea has the worlds largest "standing army" but as Joey said , they are broke as, apart from the money they make scamming aid and selling smack. All capital they would/do have will be spent on a war effort.

    That being said, there will not be an escalation in this conflict I would say. As this attack is more of a show of force by Kim Joung-un, the son of Jong-il who was given a high ranking post in the north korean army in preparation for is succession of his fathers role as leader of the north.

    We also have to remember that China plays a big part in this story, as they are the norths closest friend's, and they "the Chinese" realy dont want it to heat up too much, as it will bring to much pressure on them from the international community, and I think the chinese want to take over the world in a non military manner.

    So I think we are safe .... for now.
    kingkottah
    kingkottah


    Posts : 263
    Join date : 2009-01-16
    Age : 25
    Location : Newcastle NSW

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  kingkottah Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:12 am

    TheBradl3s wrote: Also these days fusion bombs like the fat-man used on Hiroshima and Nagasaki (i hope im right)


    You got it backwards, Fat man a plutonuim based nuke was dropped on nagasaki while 7 or 14 days before that little boy a hydrogen based nuke was dropped on hiroshima.

    Im not to sure about Fat man being plutonuim based im pretty sure of it though.

    My thoughts, well we aint going to war unless neccessary due to our small defence force.
    Joey
    Joey


    Posts : 551
    Join date : 2010-08-07
    Age : 34
    Location : Brisbane

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  Joey Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:38 am

    TheBradl3s wrote:
    And i believe the Japanese are part of the Allies, or allies with the US because they helped japan get back on its feet and by doing that they made them make a constitution and in that it says that the Japanese cant attack the US, or something like that. If im wrong, just say, im just remembering what i learnt in History last year.

    Technically correct, the Japanese cannot have an invasion army. Only a home defense one, this is why they only send out engineers to aid us in wars now.


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Slydev nerf parts and accessories store
    Saintznerf
    Saintznerf


    Posts : 54
    Join date : 2010-09-16
    Age : 27
    Location : Grafton, new south wales

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  Saintznerf Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:01 pm

    I'LL FIGHT WITH NERF GUNS!!!! i have friends in south Korea one of them took a picture through there windows and you could see were the bomb hit! it's really scary. But we would win we have majority of countries on our side!!!
    avatar
    whichgrep


    Posts : 111
    Join date : 2010-11-02
    Age : 53
    Location : Victoria

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  whichgrep Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:15 am


    You got it backwards; Fat man, a plutonuim based nuke was dropped on Nagasaki, while 7 or 14 days before that, little boy, a hydrogen based nuke, was dropped on Hiroshima.

    I'm not too sure about Fat man being plutonuim based. I'm pretty sure of it, though.

    Just in case you really care:

    Fat Man (Nagasaki) was a plutonium-based implosion bomb (many chunks of plutonium fired into the centre of a sphere to create a critical mass).

    Little Boy (Hiroshima) was a uranium-based gun-type design (a uranium bullet was fired into a uranium target to create a critical mass).

    Pure fusion bombs don't exist as the fusion won't generate a chain reaction, so fission is generally used to trigger a fusion reaction, and then keep it going, as in fusion-boosted fission weapons or the later three-stage fission-fusion-fission bombs.

    Hydrogen bombs were designed at Los Alamos -- where the technology for Fat Man and Little Boy was developed -- but weren't invented until after WW2 (early fifties, I believe).

    (Spent way too much time researching radiation while learning about nuclear physics).
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest


    Posts : 508
    Join date : 2010-05-29
    Age : 26
    Location : Adelaide Hills

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  bulletproofvest Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:56 am

    I dont bother getting worked up about this crap. I just enjoy life and hope that dosent happen.
    dandaldaks
    dandaldaks


    Posts : 203
    Join date : 2010-09-05
    Age : 26
    Location : beans

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  dandaldaks Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:44 am

    I guess its bad for the world and the environment, but I kind of think it will liven up the world
    e.g. ACTUAL NEWS STORIES
    Also Kim Jong-il will finally get whats coming to him
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades


    Posts : 345
    Join date : 2009-05-18
    Age : 32
    Location : Adelaide, South Australia

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  Chaos-Blades Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:28 am

    Psykka wrote:I'll get to work on an FEV virus. One of you guys need to found vault tech.
    I can't wait ^.^
    TheBradl3s wrote:
    Psykka wrote:I'll get to work on an FEV virus. One of you guys need to found vault tech.
    I can't wait ^.^
    Most Definitely do you know were the closest one is? because i want to be first and become the overseer! also, Good luck with the FEV and making everyone super-mutants... I'll start building the G.E.C.K.- Brad

    I can't decide, I don't know whether I want to be a Ghoul or the founder of RobCo

    IF everything turns out to be like a videogame, it'll be in this order,



    Modern warfare 2







    Fallout 3







    Legend of Zelda: Windwaker
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest


    Posts : 508
    Join date : 2010-05-29
    Age : 26
    Location : Adelaide Hills

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  bulletproofvest Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:16 am

    Too true...
    FaytZero
    FaytZero


    Posts : 103
    Join date : 2010-05-31
    Age : 32
    Location : Adelaide

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  FaytZero Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:16 am

    i dont know whats more scary, elves in tights or knightkin?
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 439
    Join date : 2010-08-20
    Age : 32
    Location : Melbourne, Preston

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  Psykka Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:35 am

    Chaos-Blades wrote:
    Psykka wrote:I'll get to work on an FEV virus. One of you guys need to found vault tech.
    I can't wait ^.^
    TheBradl3s wrote:
    Psykka wrote:I'll get to work on an FEV virus. One of you guys need to found vault tech.
    I can't wait ^.^
    Most Definitely do you know were the closest one is? because i want to be first and become the overseer! also, Good luck with the FEV and making everyone super-mutants... I'll start building the G.E.C.K.- Brad

    I can't decide, I don't know whether I want to be a Ghoul or the founder of RobCo

    IF everything turns out to be like a videogame, it'll be in this order,



    Modern warfare 2







    Fallout 3







    Legend of Zelda: Windwaker

    1. Hide during the war
    2. Ghoulification when the bombs fall
    3. Gonna get me a lion boat when the world floods
    4. ?????
    5. Profit


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Halt, Hammerzeit!
    gamepro383
    gamepro383


    Posts : 34
    Join date : 2010-11-07
    Age : 23
    Location : Crib Point, Victoria

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  gamepro383 Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:57 pm

    I think it will be WW3 because the Chinese will get involved soon and a nuclear war will start.
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator


    Posts : 410
    Join date : 2010-07-18
    Age : 51
    Location : Adelaide, Australia

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  Servulus Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:35 pm

    phuonguyen wrote:

    I don't know what's more scary either, the fact that I'm berating someone who is 4 years older than I am, in punctuation or the fact that there is someone who is 5 years younger than me, on this forum, who can post better than said 21 year old.

    Strike 1.

    Phuong, I've got it, forget about this radiographer training, you would make a perfect English teacher!
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon


    Posts : 199
    Join date : 2010-08-22
    Age : 29
    Location : Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  SnowDragon Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:10 pm

    Ah, a topic to which I am an expert hahaha.

    There's a military doctine called MAD, or Mutually Assured Destruction. In short, it's a Tense, but Stable Peace. Neither side can launch an attack without being wiped out in the process. This is the case here.

    For those who are too young or don't read enough, this incident has happened before, it was called the Axe Murder Incident, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axe_murder_incident.

    There won't be a world war because the only countries warring will be NK, SK and the USofA. In which case, NK won't last two weeks. They may have the 4th largest military in the entire world, but they don't have the technology. The United States can overfly NK's air defences with B-52s and bomb them back to the stone age with conventional and non-conventional armaments.

    But it won't come to that, since the DMZ and in particular, the 38th parallel is the world's biggest minefield. No side can cross it without first shelling the ever loving crap out of it, and that takes time and alerts the enemy, who then counter attack with the aforementioned bombers.

    And North Korea doesn't even have a functioning nuclear payload or the means to deliver it anywhere yet.

    TFL:DFR: Media sensationisation, expect a tense cease fire along the DMZ for a week or two, then status quo.
    CrossPurposes
    CrossPurposes


    Posts : 14
    Join date : 2009-11-02
    Age : 30
    Location : Shellharbour

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty .

    Post  CrossPurposes Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:27 am

    Im actually a dual citizen with another country, and i received a conscription letter last week and it said, that if the conflict between North and South Korea gets any worse i will be conscripted as of the 10/04/11 and i will undergo 8 months of training then i will be sent to the South Korean side of the demilitarized zone for 12 months.
    fml.

    I think this will get to a global scale, USA will get involved soon (as always) then all of their allies will get involved and nearly everyone hates North Korea so if the North keeps on getting confident and shelling the South, there will be a war, Well i think anyway.
    kingkottah
    kingkottah


    Posts : 263
    Join date : 2009-01-16
    Age : 25
    Location : Newcastle NSW

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  kingkottah Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:43 am

    Yeah when I turn 18 and there is some massive war I may end up being drafted into the US army, but hey ill just go to Greece cant get me there!
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon


    Posts : 199
    Join date : 2010-08-22
    Age : 29
    Location : Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  SnowDragon Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:41 pm

    kingkottah wrote:Yeah when I turn 18 and there is some massive war I may end up being drafted into the US army, but hey ill just go to Greece cant get me there!

    ...Aside from the fact that you're 14 and live in NSW.
    CrossPurposes
    CrossPurposes


    Posts : 14
    Join date : 2009-11-02
    Age : 30
    Location : Shellharbour

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  CrossPurposes Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:43 am

    Yeah i was going to say, what makes you think that America of all countries with a hundred million patriotic people willing to join the US Army would go out of their way to conscript someone from Australia? I dont even think America would need conscription, ever.
    kingkottah
    kingkottah


    Posts : 263
    Join date : 2009-01-16
    Age : 25
    Location : Newcastle NSW

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  kingkottah Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:17 am

    CrossPurposes wrote:Yeah i was going to say, what makes you think that America of all countries with a hundred million patriotic people willing to join the US Army would go out of their way to conscript someone from Australia? I dont even think America would need conscription, ever.


    Three major wars, WWI, WWII, Korea and Veitnam, all had drafting, my uncle was drafted for Veitnam (well was going to be he went to Canada) and my grandpa was drafted for Korean War (they didnt like him so they rejected him for his opinon for the war (he was going to be a officer))

    Take a guess the second the US's soliders reserves go down their going to be drafting like crazy.


    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon


    Posts : 199
    Join date : 2010-08-22
    Age : 29
    Location : Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  SnowDragon Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:01 am

    kingkottah wrote:
    CrossPurposes wrote:Yeah i was going to say, what makes you think that America of all countries with a hundred million patriotic people willing to join the US Army would go out of their way to conscript someone from Australia? I dont even think America would need conscription, ever.


    Three major wars, WWI, WWII, Korea and Veitnam, all had drafting, my uncle was drafted for Veitnam (well was going to be he went to Canada) and my grandpa was drafted for Korean War (they didnt like him so they rejected him for his opinon for the war (he was going to be a officer))

    Take a guess the second the US's soliders reserves go down their going to be drafting like crazy.



    From their own country. You loon.

    It's no secret the US will draft as soon as there is another big war. They're fighting two of them and a police action in three different countries.

    And now that a couple of weeks have passed since the event and nothing has happened, we can safely say, as usual, I was right. Media over-hyping something they don't know nothing about, and people panicing about something they don't know anything about it.

    EDIT: I should also add something about the military being hard work, not your 'ideas of awesome' just because you've played Fail of Duty.


    Last edited by SnowDragon on Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Extra Info)
    gooni
    gooni


    Posts : 385
    Join date : 2010-07-17
    Age : 44
    Location : Adelaide 5039.SA.AU.... Rank: Ghetto King

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  gooni Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:11 am

    I would say that there would not be another global conflict again in out life times , and it there was , it wont be for some many years to come. And my that time "real" people will not make it to a battle field, it would all be RoV's and meet puppet clones controlled from underneath a mountain some where in Colorado or Nevada. Then all them years of playing CoD and MoH would of paid off.
    CrossPurposes
    CrossPurposes


    Posts : 14
    Join date : 2009-11-02
    Age : 30
    Location : Shellharbour

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  CrossPurposes Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:46 pm

    @kingkottah: "three major wars, WWI, WWII, Korea and Veitnam" Thats four, learn how to count. Why do you say your relatives were drafted when straight after you said they wornt "well was going to be he went to Canada" and "they didnt like him so they rejected him for his opinon for the war"

    you cant be a conscript and be an officer. To be an officer in the Army requires time and experience (which conscripts don't have) Like i said before, a country like America Will not go to all the trouble to conscript one person from Australia. You dont even have to go. If you refuse you just wont be allowed into the US ever again (assuming you've been there before). I know i have a choice but i would like to go back again and it should be a good experience for me.

    And by the way, America at does not even have conscription anymore anyway, and they will most probably never ever need it again.

    so...your argument is flawed.



    @gooni You have been watching way too much Si-Fi my friend.



    Either way if im not sent to the South Korean DMZ ill be sent to Kosovo or Serbia peace keeping with the U.N.


    Last edited by CrossPurposes on Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:14 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Because the Kids an idiot)
    kingkottah
    kingkottah


    Posts : 263
    Join date : 2009-01-16
    Age : 25
    Location : Newcastle NSW

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  kingkottah Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:06 pm

    CrossPurposes wrote:@the kid who thinks hes going to be concripted in the US army: "three major wars, WWI, WWII, Korea and Veitnam" Thats four, learn how to count. Why do you say your relatives were drafted when straight after you said "But diddnt because they diddnt like his view" and "Went to canada"
    your argument is flawed.

    @the newcomer You have been watching way too much Si-Fi my friend.

    I edited it and forgot to change 3 to 4.

    My Grandpa was drafted and in training they didnt want him for his view on the war

    My uncle im not too sure all I know was my grandma sent him to Canada.


    Gooni has not been watching too much Si-Fi http://www.trutv.com/shows/conspiracy_theory/index.html a link to Jessie Ventura's series, they went under the mountain (in calarado I think) and was proof that when shit hits the fan the people with power in America will be hinding under a mountain.
    CrossPurposes
    CrossPurposes


    Posts : 14
    Join date : 2009-11-02
    Age : 30
    Location : Shellharbour

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty .

    Post  CrossPurposes Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:13 pm

    I have edited mine again, you might want to have a look.
    gooni
    gooni


    Posts : 385
    Join date : 2010-07-17
    Age : 44
    Location : Adelaide 5039.SA.AU.... Rank: Ghetto King

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  gooni Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:01 pm

    CrossPurposes wrote:


    @gooni You have been watching way too much Si-Fi my friend.

    REALLY, I thought one could never watch too much Si-Fi.

    well, one half of what I said is correct in parts. Soon, say with in the next 20 to 30 years , I would bet that there would be no or very few manned aircraft used within a war time situation.

    Just look at the predator and global hawk, The US and Israeli forces have carried out many many strikes with such UAV controlled from shipping containers a good way away from the area of operation. It is just a matter of time before they replace all their assets with such vehicles.

    And if the human race is still around is a few 100 years time, who is to say that we will have become a land of peace and love, their will still be conflicts, it just in our nature, unless we have bread it out by then. And that brings me to the next part of what I said, Who knows , cloning is here now , and only a mater of time before a fully functioning human will be cloned.
    And who would do it I hear you ask, well the people with the big budgets i.e military powers that like spending all they can to have the upper hand against their potential enemies.
    If we still had any kinda of morality, we as a society might not obgect to a cloned human if their was know higher brain activity. Just add a wifi adapter in the head and a controller board and bam meat puppet , and have pimply fat teens in front of screen with a PS3/XboX controllers or a mouse and keyboard and a headset.
    What do you get them, a morally acceptable war over who knows what. No one of importance gets killed or even the general public, and free meat puppet soup for the wildlife, its all win.


    But back to topic, There will be out break of fresh global conflict over the passings incident on the korean peninsula. It was just the DPRK doing it's normal thing, ohhh look at me I'm DPRK, I'm scary, give me more aid or I might do something ells.

    Gooni.


    And yes , I do watch a lot of Si-Fi( my kids names are proof of that) but a lot of docos aswell and I do read a bit too. (insert sarcasms here) You know there called books,they are made from a thing called paper, back when I was young every one had them, not this interwebs thing.
    killerbunny
    killerbunny


    Posts : 325
    Join date : 2010-06-30
    Age : 29
    Location : North brisbane

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  killerbunny Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:26 pm

    Any war would be more of a tactical operation because armies are controlled by governments and no politician is going to say "lets nuke a city", because the public would be against killing millions of innocent civilians.
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 439
    Join date : 2010-08-20
    Age : 32
    Location : Melbourne, Preston

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  Psykka Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:49 pm

    killerbunny wrote:Any war would be more of a tactical operation because armies are controlled by governments and no politician is going to say "lets nuke a city", because the public would be against killing millions of innocent civilians.

    Well I don't know that anyone could be referred to as 'innocent' but yeah they aren't just going to nuke the shit out of civilians without a damn good reason.


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Halt, Hammerzeit!
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon


    Posts : 199
    Join date : 2010-08-22
    Age : 29
    Location : Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  SnowDragon Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:40 pm

    MAD.

    That's all there is to a nuclear arguement.

    As to the 'people won't fight in wars anymore' bit, wrong again. Robots can never replace human soldiers until radio signals cannot be jammed, or until true sentient AI is invented (Which is 100% impossible, don't even start.) Economical factors as well prevent robots from completely taking over. The cost to train a light infantry man is something like 750,000 dollars. The cost of fully automated/remote controlled fighting robot? Upwards of a few hundred million.

    What is turning into truely remote is Air power, and the only reason is because the only thing limiting fighter design today is the squishy human pilot with can only withstand 9gs at best with a special suit and ten years worth of specalised training. That's the only thing that will change. And even if robotic infantries were doable, only two countries in the entire world has the technology to build them and that's Russia and the US.

    And in case you realised how the system works, nothing gets said. It just happens and we find out about it 20 years later when the documents get declassified. That is because no one nukes another country these days, they infiltrate a small team of special forces and use nerve gas.

    Sponsored content


    World War 3, Perhaps? Empty Re: World War 3, Perhaps?

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:33 pm