Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+2
SnowDragon
Felix
6 posters

Space Marine IRL Nerf War

Felix
    Felix

Space Marine IRL Nerf War Empty Space Marine IRL Nerf War

Post  Felix Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:18 pm

I was talking about this on the Facebook page and I was wondering...

"How over-powered would a Space Marine Suit be in a Nerf War?"

Or rather if there were any special rules that could be made to balance this out.
    Game modes, rules and suggestions would be very nice.
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Space Marine IRL Nerf War Empty Re: Space Marine IRL Nerf War

Post  SnowDragon Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:24 pm

Not very, since a space marine A) wouldn't be able to move, B) would sink into any ground that had the slightest bit of rain, C) could not move any faster than a 2 year old could crawl, D) couldn't crouch or take cover, E) Could be heard from 6 miles off and finally , F) Could not aim it's gun.

You can tell I hate space marines with a passion, but that's how physics works.

And any 'health' rules set in place don't work because if you start assigning them 'storywise' health, then I'm going to take a magstrike and take them down a peg or two. And banning weapons like magstrikes or anything automatic is a good way for players to tell you to go and **REDACTED** yourself.
    Felix
    Felix

Post  Felix Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:28 pm

Fair enough, but the suit that I have allows for complete freedom of movement and speed (quite surprising) and in terms of terrain and cover I made it so that it can even walk through sand and get behind, or charge through cover easily.
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:43 pm

I also forgot you'd be a MASSIVE target. Remember, any part of you in a nerf war is a kill. You're wearing something that makes you like 8 feet tall and like 5 wide. Easy prey for anyone with 'Strike, stampede, barricade or hell, just about anything.

I have heard of so called 'terminator' game modes though, where it's everyone vs like 3 people who have 50 hit points, and it's the job of the survivors to kill these 3 people, but the survivors can only die once. Good when it's like hide and seek I bet.
    Felix
    Felix

Post  Felix Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:03 pm

SnowDragon wrote:I have heard of so called 'terminator' game modes though, where it's everyone vs like 3 people who have 50 hit points, and it's the job of the survivors to kill these 3 people, but the survivors can only die once. Good when it's like hide and seek I bet.

That would be a bloody awesome idea, why not a terminator game mode with an actual WH40K Terminator? Another idea would sorta be like Team Fortress 2's Headless Horseman Halloween game mode, except IRL.
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:34 pm

The terminators kinda have to be normal people for it to work though. Won't be any fun for the terminators if they're huge targets and can't run, especially if humanity has stampedes and 'Strikes.

Terminators also have to be good at counting dart hits in their head down from 50 to zero as they take hits.
    Felix
    Felix

Post  Felix Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:02 am

I think I could do that, or have someone to keep an eye on me and count down for me.
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:08 am

Even better if your terminators reacted they get shot, like in the movies.
    Felix
    Felix

Post  Felix Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:35 am

Space Marine Terminators have no nuclear parts, only Titans and warp faring vessels do, because they sort of have a caged star as a reactor.
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:53 am

I meant like flinching and twitching, not mushroom clouding
    TheTrueMcMuffin
    TheTrueMcMuffin

Post  TheTrueMcMuffin Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:07 am

SnowDragon wrote:I meant like flinching and twitching, not mushroom clouding
    LOL
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:27 pm

Felix wrote:Space Marine Terminators have no nuclear parts, only Titans and warp faring vessels do, because they sort of have a caged star as a reactor.

I'm pretty sure space marines have small fusion reactions in their backpacks.

In any case the match type you are talking about is Juggernaut. The Juggernaut has as many lives as there are other players. Every other player has a single life (usually armed with pistol weapons). The juggernaut has any weapon they like. The person that lands the killing blow on the juggernaut becomes the juggernaut in the next round.
    Felix
    Felix

Post  Felix Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:55 pm

Psykka wrote:I'm pretty sure space marines have small fusion reactions in their backpacks.

A sub-atomic or crystal fusion reactor, but they don't explode when they die, I'll have to find out more info.

Psykka wrote:In any case the match type you are talking about is Juggernaut. The Juggernaut has as many lives as there are other players. Every other player has a single life (usually armed with pistol weapons). The juggernaut has any weapon they like. The person that lands the killing blow on the juggernaut becomes the juggernaut in the next round.

Also, I reeeeeeally like this game mode idea, could you tell me more detail on this game mode?
    TheTrueMcMuffin
    TheTrueMcMuffin

Post  TheTrueMcMuffin Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:30 pm

Psykka wrote:
    Felix wrote:Space Marine Terminators have no nuclear parts, only Titans and warp faring vessels do, because they sort of have a caged star as a reactor.

I'm pretty sure space marines have small fusion reactions in their backpacks.

In any case the match type you are talking about is Juggernaut. The Juggernaut has as many lives as there are other players. Every other player has a single life (usually armed with pistol weapons). The juggernaut has any weapon they like. The person that lands the killing blow on the juggernaut becomes the juggernaut in the next round.

Keen on playing this at our next war
    Felix
    Felix

Post  Felix Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:34 pm

Just so you know, I'll also have melee weapons, of course I'll be pulling any strikes though.
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:20 pm

I'd like to see you go into hand to hand/melee combat in a mock up of space marine power armour. haha
    Neodore
    Neodore

Post  Neodore Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:28 pm

SnowDragon wrote:I'd like to see you go into hand to hand/melee combat in a mock up of space marine power armour. haha

0_0
    depending on how heavy it was you could probably sit on them
    Felix
    Felix

Post  Felix Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:55 am

I have high maneuverability in it, not to mention a power-fist, power-sword and a combat knife.
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:18 am

This thread is retarded

You want the 'good' part of being a space marine, ie more lives, without accepting any of the limitations of the space marine -ie you should be 8 ft tall, your armor should be many inches thick etc

Space marine suits would not be overpowered unless you create rules to make them overpowered, because in nerf and hit armour or no armour counts as a hit.

I see no reason why the juggernaut game mode would be enhanced by this type of cosplay, nor would any of your 'power' melee weapons do anything game wise, there are no armor saves in nerf.

If you really want to cosplay 40k and use nerf guns that's fine, many do in steam punk etc but this is a nerf forum, not a cosplay forum.

Also please stop talking about the physics etc like it's real, gw's pseudo science is laughable at best in terms of plausibility, and this is coming from a long time (ex) 40k player

Aj
    Neodore
    Neodore

Post  Neodore Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:39 pm

-Aj- wrote:This thread is retarded

You want the 'good' part of being a space marine, ie more lives, without accepting any of the limitations of the space marine -ie you should be 8 ft tall, your armor should be many inches thick etc

Space marine suits would not be overpowered unless you create rules to make them overpowered, because in nerf and hit armour or no armour counts as a hit.

I see no reason why the juggernaut game mode would be enhanced by this type of cosplay, nor would any of your 'power' melee weapons do anything game wise, there are no armor saves in nerf.

If you really want to cosplay 40k and use nerf guns that's fine, many do in steam punk etc but this is a nerf forum, not a cosplay forum.

Also please stop talking about the physics etc like it's real, gw's pseudo science is laughable at best in terms of plausibility, and this is coming from a long time (ex) 40k player

Aj

Aj you are such a buzzkill

:EDIT: On a side note i actually have to agree with aj if you think about how much you move around even putting on cricketing pads and whatnot hinders your movement, and in a game where practicaly any hit count would belive that making yourself a bigger target would be a big no no.

special rules would have to be made up for a match to include an "armor suit" but there would have to be a few restrictions such as there are open spots in the armor or you could have a mobile state and a entrenched state
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:28 pm

Well finally someone backs up sanity.

Although could you have done it in a more buzzkill way?
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:04 pm

of course gw physics need to be taken with a grain of salt. But then it is 40,000 years in the future.
    I mean scientists have discovered something that could be used to make stealth fields. I think it's called meta matter.

In any case let them have their cosplay fun. Balance is hardly an issue if you are enjoying it.
    Felix
    Felix

Post  Felix Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:56 am

It was just a thought anyway, there's no way I'll be doing it during summer, it would only ever be done during winter anyway.
    I just wanted to hear any thoughts and/or ideas on the subject, and as you can see their are a LOT!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:36 pm