Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+3
longstrikeguy
littlebro05
wallo
7 posters

Another (slightly older) Sydney Nerfer

wallo

Another (slightly older) Sydney Nerfer Empty Another (slightly older) Sydney Nerfer

Post  wallo Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:18 pm

Hi all, newbie from Sydney here.

Received a Longshot for Christmas - it was given to me so it would complement the Vulcan given to my 5 year old son. Looks like it'll be great fun. The Longshot seems a bit disappointing at first though - I'm hoping to pick up some useful tips and info from people here to get it to shoot a bit further.

Anyway it looks like the average age here is slightly south of mine (I'm in my mid 30's) so maybe I am too old for this sport/hobby... But who cares, it's all about fun anyway! I could even be tempted to go to one of those organised events next time there's one in Sydney.

Well if anyone has some quick tips for making a Longshot useful without compromising reliability to a great extent, I'm all ears. This looks like a seriously fun pastime and I look forward to it (paintball is just way too expensive for me).
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Another (slightly older) Sydney Nerfer Empty Re: Another (slightly older) Sydney Nerfer

Post  littlebro05 Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:40 pm

Welcome to the forums...

If you want something to help you increase the strength of your longshot go to here...

http://modworks.blogspot.com/2009/09/nerf-longshot-mod-guide.html

And if you haev the guts to increase the strength of the Longshot even further! This is the more 'intermediate' side of the longshot...

http://modworks.blogspot.com/2010/03/nerf-longshot-brass-breech-mod-guide.html - Although only attempt this if you're willing to risk the usage of your longshot!.

Being in your mid 30s means nothing. We have dads who play with their son which just shows that Nerf can be a good day out for the family. At the moment, it seems that Sydney isn't doing too well with Nerf Wars. You might be one of the people who can get it off the ground? They're biggest wars from what I've seen is up to four people.

If I were you, I'd get your family and friends into and make it 'exclusive' between yourselves. I only started off playing with my cousin and now in Brisbane we have a very big community. The best way to do that, I can't remember who suggested it on the forums is to buy most of your friends all Mavericks (Mav) or Nitefinders (NF). They're very cheap and reliable Nerf guns. Very easy to modify. K-mart has NFs for $10 and Mavs for $15. Non-sale price.

Paintball is also expensive and more painful :P. I hope you enjoy your stay :).

longstrikeguy
    longstrikeguy

Another (slightly older) Sydney Nerfer Empty Re: Another (slightly older) Sydney Nerfer

Post  longstrikeguy Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:17 am

Welcome, i am having a nerf war on the 2nd of Jan in chatswood.
    Heres a link: http://www.oznerf.com/t2232-nsw-nerf-war-sydney-2nd-of-jan

Hope you can come. We have about 10 people coming at this stage.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:33 am

longstrikeguy wrote:Welcome, i am having a nerf war on the 2nd of Jan in chatswood.
    Heres a link: http://www.oznerf.com/t2232-nsw-nerf-war-sydney-2nd-of-jan

Hope you can come. We have about 10 people coming at this stage.

Lets just hope they all turned up. Thumbs up if they do! Keep on persevering and you'll get there.
    wallo

Post  wallo Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:44 am

Awesome, thanks for the welcome guys.

Availability of time is always tough with the kids but I'd be willing to get involved. Heck, my wife thinks I'm just a big kid so why not. I'm not allowed to do paintball any more because I ended up with some permanent marks on my back after the last game of it, and that was 8 years ago... And the wallet draining was a killer.

I've definitely got to mod the Longshot then. I've got all the tools I need, just need the time. That brass mod looks terrific. Found some springs on Ebay but I've noticed from a few posts that some people here are advising people to stay away from them... Hmmm.

Ah, and littlebro05 - funnily enough I had a spare Maverick lying around. I'm sure that'll make a nifty side arm. Time to start modding!

Longstrikeguy - I'll see if I can make it, thanks for the invite.
    Genacon
    Genacon

Post  Genacon Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:04 pm

Hey there, welcome to the forums fellow sydney nerfer person.
    I say, you're never to old to be a kid or something like that, actually i just made that up.

Anyway welcome.

Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:43 pm

wallo wrote:Hi all, newbie from Sydney here.

Anyway it looks like the average age here is slightly south of mine (I'm in my mid 30's) so maybe I am too old for this sport/hobby...

Old.. mid 30s, aint old. I am one of the most active older members here in Australia and well i am 40. Age is only a state of mind. It is a well known fact that men never grow up, they are always kids no matter how hard they try to hide it.
    thestick
    thestick

Post  thestick Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:53 pm

Servulus wrote:Old.. mid 30s, aint old. I am one of the most active older members here in Australia and well i am 40. Age is only a state of mind. It is a well known fact that men never grow up, they are always kids no matter how hard they try to hide it.

Try telling that to my girlfriend.
    wallo

Post  wallo Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:13 am

Servulus wrote:
    Old.. mid 30s, aint old. I am one of the most active older members here in Australia and well i am 40. Age is only a state of mind. It is a well known fact that men never grow up, they are always kids no matter how hard they try to hide it.

Hehehe too right, I am just a big kid and having 2 kids who are both boys just helps me with excuses for buying more toys!

Plus I'm hoping that age brings a bit more wisdom when it comes to modding... We'll see!

The missus is practically begging me to get to a Nerf war to get it out of my system so I can stop talking about it at home...

Last edited by wallo on Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a line)
    Fled74
    Fled74

Post  Fled74 Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:56 am

Good to see another older Nerfer here.
    I'm 36 and my 4-year-old daughter always wants to play with Daddy's pretty yellow guns.

My wife accepted long ago (before we were married) that I'm just a big kid who collects toys.

To quote the Irish playwright George Bernard Shaw: “We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.”

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:35 am