Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

5 posters

New older member from rural Victoria.

svturtle

New older member from rural Victoria. Empty New older member from rural Victoria.

Post  svturtle Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:03 am

Hi guy's.
    Just thought i would introduce myself and ask a question. I'm a 38 year old big kid and i am married with one 5 year old girl. I race rc cars, ride mountain bikes and NOW i am hooked on these nerf guns. I currently have 2 mavericks, 2 longshots and a recon. I have done the basic AR mods etc on these guns, no springs yet though. I'm having a ball with my family and mates blatting each other with these. I can see why these are so addictive. My question is about silicone grease, what is a good safe brand to buy? I know opinions will vary, but i'm looking for responses from guy's who have used X brand for a long time with no issues.

Thanks.
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

New older member from rural Victoria. Empty Re: New older member from rural Victoria.

Post  Servulus Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:25 am

Old? Your a spring chicken!

You cant call yourself a kid till your over 40... till then your just getting old.

Welcome on board to the Aussie Nerf site. Hope you will be another active member and not just another lurker, we need numbers out there at the wars, we need more adult kids.

Now as for greese, I choose now to use graphite powder, its so slippery.
    Acerised
    Acerised

New older member from rural Victoria. Empty Re: New older member from rural Victoria.

Post  Acerised Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:35 am

Hahaha, servulus

Any ways welcome bro!
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:57 am

Any electrical grade spray on silicon lubricant will suffice, but for real slippery action, the 'gel' silicon grease is better - Ive used 'Moly-tech' for about a year with no problems

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Silicone-Lubricant-Grease-100g-Suit-Water-Filter-O-Ring-/250721519002?pt=AU_SmallKitchenAppliances&hash=item3a602ac59a

That will last you a long time

Graphite powder was developed for machinery, metal on metal etc, its reasonably plastic safe but I'd say from my experience only that Silicon Grease is the superior lubricant for most nerf blasters - graphite may suit the kinds of guns you have been working on lately though Lachlan (vulcan, stampede - lots of fast repetitive cycles)

Aj

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Bow to me for I am your new god mod

Roger Explosion wrote:you won't even get close to hitting the broardside of Aj's ego using stock streamlines
    svturtle

Post  svturtle Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:52 am

Servulus, according to my wife i am the biggest kid. Yes getting old too quickly but definately not gracefully. -Aj- that Moly-tec grease seems to be along the lines of what i'm chasing.

Thanks again.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:11 pm

Hi, I'm another older member of Nerf collectors.

Anyway I have not had very good experience with silicone grease. I bought a can of spray-on from Bunning but if I spray it on o-ring, I find it made the o-ring expanding slightly and becoming looser.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:43 pm