Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+17
taerkitty
clunk07
oxymoron
Zandor
neumein
haydenj10
Cerbyn
Psykka
Brunius
Eclipse
Godspeed_22
seph
TheBradl3s
Akimbo Assassin
littlebro05
-Aj-
psyk
21 posters

Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5)

psyk
    psyk

Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) Empty Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5)

Post  psyk Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:06 pm

What's up guys!

My account has been approved (thanks, Phuonguyen!) and so I'm here contributing my first post to this forums.

This is my second version of the Barricade Clipfed Conversion mod, and I would like to thank a friend named "Spartan" for his Longshot buttstock.

Since SGNerf and myself came out with the 1st version of the clipfed mod, many other enthusiasts have created their own versions,
    including transplanting the Barricade internals into a Longstrike shell, but the most commonly done version (especially not in our region)
    is the one which uses the Raider CS-35 magwell.

If you have seen one, or read about one, you would know that although it is a very secure way of holding your mags onto your barricade,
    it requires alot of cutting, especially cutting into the main "body" of the barricade itself, and of course, sacrificing the Raider magwell
    which in turn renders the Raider useless since it cannot securely hold a clip any longer, but the biggest gripe that I have with that method
    is that you have to load your darts into the clip facing backwards. To me, I would want to carry "universal" clips on me when I go for a war,
    so that I can swap clips between any of my on-hand blasters at any time.
    The thought of me having to carry clips with darts loaded backwards specially for my Barricade felt like it defeated the whole purpose of converting it to being clip-fed.

Also, there are some versions with the magwell facing the "correct" direction, but that also means that the clip-release button is very close to the trigger, giving you just enough space to squeeze your index fingers in for a trigger squeeze. I've got relatively stubby and chubby fingers so that's a hassle to me too.

So, TGFSpartan!
    Along came his longshot buttstock...
    and the buttstock means a clip holder...
    and along came this version...
    and here's the writeup.

Things you need:
    - a marker
    - Dremel / Drill
    - Cutting Bit
    - Sanding Bit (optional)
    - Small Drill Bit (i used a size big enough for an M3 machine screw)
    - Some screws (i used M3)
    - some washers or nuts (sizes vary, you'll know why later)
    - and if you're extra kiasu since we're Singaporean, some goop / epoxy.

First of all, let's start with the Longshot buttstock.
    You only need this much:
    Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) 01

with a clip on the inside it will look like this (ala fake cross-section!)
    Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) 01a

now let's mark it and start cutting away!
    Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) 2a
    Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) 03
    Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) 04

now for this part it's a little more intricate:
    Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) Bb

that's just the first side. then chop the second side till you get something like this:
    Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) Cc

when you're done it should look something like this:
    Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) Dd
    Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) Ee
    Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) Ff

that done, put whatever's left of the buttstock aside.
    Now let's move on to the barricade itself.
    open up your barricade and remove the turret (and all little things attached to it.)

then, chop away the bottom "base"!
    Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) 05

now, let's look at the internals.
    I'll cover some good tricks you might want to apply to your barricade even if you're not going to do this clipfed conversion mod.
    However, I'm not going through the switch relocation "trigger on-off" mod, which SGNerf has already kindly done.
    Since we're going to have the barricade fire off streamlines, please wrap the flywheels with afew layers of e-tape.
    There is no "exact amount" of e-tape to be used. Trial and error, my friend. keep trying until your barricade fires off streamlines.
    Every barricade is manufactured with a slight margin of error, so every barricade will require a different amount of e-tape.
    For my barricade, it took 2 rounds of my e-tape on each flywheel.

now let's attack the dart pusher piece. if you dont know, it's this piece:
    Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) 06a

what we're doing here is to get a little more distance out of the dart pusher.
    why? so it'll push the darts just that few mm further into the flywheel, of course!
    so we're going to sand the "track" till it's a little longer.. just by afew mm!
    before:
    Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) 07

after:
    Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) 08

and that's not all... remove the screw holding the return spring, and stretch the return spring like in the next pic.
    oh, and while you're at it, grab some washers (i used 2) and move the screw over to this location:
    Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) Aa

now your trigger pull will be abit tougher, but the dart pusher will travel a little further!

before you put the dart pusher back, get your drill bit and get ready to drill a hole:

before:
    Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) 10

after:
    Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) 11

and then attach a screw, and you can add a washer, a bunch of washers, or some nuts, or whatever it is, this will have to be tweaked later.
    Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) 12

i know, you're going to say "OMG IT'S OFF-CENTER!!!"
    yes i know, and it's done for good reason. you'll find out why later.

now look at the trigger. see that long thing sticking out? that's actually the prong to rotate the turret.
    since there's no turret, there shall not be a need for the prong.
    Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) 13
    Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) 14

you can actually cut the whole thing off till it's flush, but for me, i left that bit because it sits just nicely on the outside of the clip,
    it's sort of a "kiasu-ism" thing but you can do without this. it's just me.

Next, let's go remove the irritating "lock" or whatever mechanism it is.
    this is the mechanism that forces you to fully squeeze the trigger or it'll just get stuck mid-way.
    Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) 09
    just unscrew those two silver screws and remove everything that was being held there. yayness.

we're almost there!
    now what you need to do, is grab the right side of your "new" clip holder, and do this to the right side of the barricade:
    Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) 16

i just used one machine screw. however, if you want that extra strength, go ahead and slap on some epoxy or goop or whatever you want.
    do the same for the left side. but, if you realised, the "top wall" of the left half of the barricade shell is higher than the right half.
    you need to use some kind of spacers to align the clip holder and the top wall to the other half of the shell.
    i used a combination of an m4 nut and 2 small washers.
    they gave me the exact amount of space needed. you can't see this in the pic, SORRY!
    you can, however, see the space between the top of the clip holder and the top wall.
    Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) 16a

these pics were taken before i made the "intricate cuts" to the top of the clip holder, that's why there isn't a hole on top like you should have.
    it's supposed to be there. sorry for the confusion!

now just fit the two shells together, and look at the bottom. depending on your alignment, you may or may not have to do this:
    Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) 17

open it back up, and "test fit" a clip in.
    it should look something like this:
    Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) 20
    Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) 19

now do you know why the hole was drilled off-center?
    cos you dont want your screw to go into the little slot at the back of your darts, which defeats the purpose of wanting to extend your dart pusher!
    earlier i mentioned that you need to tweak the config of your dart pusher. trial and error again, my friend.
    find a combination that is good enough to not impede on the darts moving up from the clip, while being able to push the darts into the flywheels.
    i ended up using an m3 screw with one single washer. yours will probably be different.

close it back up, and you're done!
    now you have a mean looking clipfed Barricade!

Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) 21
    Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) 22
    Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) 23

Next step, go nuts and make two so you can be "Automatic Clipfed Akimbo Barricader"!!

yes, it holds 6-dart clips, 18-dart clips, and 18-drum mags very well.
    Demo video time!

now go convert your own Barricade!!!
    hahahah...

EDIT: Okay i've got an update on my barricade -

Since i was playing around with my barricade and trying to tweak it's effeciency,
    i've done something to the flywheel system and the dart pusher system so that now, virtually no darts get stuck or get caught on the dart pusher on it's return after firing a shot.

For those of you familiar with the Barricade, look into the entrance (where the darts enter) of the flywheel box, and you'll see two "guides" before the flywheels.
    Most of the time, clipfed Barricades see the darts being pushed just a little short of the flywheels. Extending the dart pusher any longer will block subsequent darts from coming out of the clip...

So my solution?

I cut off the lower "guide" at the entrance of the flywheel box, wrapped the lower flywheel with a ton of e-tape (since it was also the guide that limited how much e-tape you could wrap on the flywheels), and did absolutely NOTHING to the dart pusher.
    Now what happens is that the darts get pushed into the flywheel box, and instead of meeting with the guides, they meet with the lower flywheel first, which in turn, helps to pull it in all the way.

I've got a number of nerf enthusiasts try out my clipfed barricade and there were no mis-firings thus far

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    update:

Okay so here's my own rev 2.5,
    because it's basically using a longshot buttstock clipholder but i chose to have it placed in the reverse direction.
    you need to sand down just 2 very small nubs to get the buttstock to accept clips in either direction.

by doing this i'm busting the "blue longshot buttstock can accept a clip in either direction" myth.
    both blue and yellow longshot buttstock clip holders only accept clips in one direction unless you shave off those two little nubs.

anyways, by having the clipholder in this direction, it's MUCH easier to work with (cutting is much much much easier) and to me, it's visually alot more pleasing.

Last edited by psyk on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated to feature Rev. 2.5)
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) Empty Re: Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5)

Post  -Aj- Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:53 pm

Saw this on SGnerf, great mod well done!

Aj
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5) Empty Re: Barricade Clipfed Conversion Mod (Rev. 2 - and now with Rev. 2.5)

Post  littlebro05 Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:51 pm

Drool. Barricade RVCS-35. Haha.

Great idea to use the Longshot Stock as the 'clip holder' so the clips are more secured. Which also reminds me, just me being OCDbut I reckon the aesthetic side of things the barricade longshot stock would look better if it was pointing in the opposite direction (so it would look tapered). Would be easier to holster it :D. However, I'm jealous, I wouldn't bea ble to do this haha.
    psyk
    psyk

Post  psyk Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:40 am

littlebro05 wrote:Which also reminds me, just me being OCDbut I reckon the aesthetic side of things the barricade longshot stock would look better if it was pointing in the opposite direction (so it would look tapered). Would be easier to holster it :D.

you know, i think i would give this a shot if i manage to get my hands on another spare longshot buttstock, cos i do have another barricade lying around somewhere.
    hahah...
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:53 am

psyk wrote:
    littlebro05 wrote:Which also reminds me, just me being OCDbut I reckon the aesthetic side of things the barricade longshot stock would look better if it was pointing in the opposite direction (so it would look tapered). Would be easier to holster it :D.

you know, i think i would give this a shot if i manage to get my hands on another spare longshot buttstock, cos i do have another barricade lying around somewhere.
    hahah...

But does that mean you have to load the magazines facing backward again? Thought you were trying to avoid that in the first place.
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:43 am

You Legend!

- Brad
    seph
    seph

Post  seph Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:10 am

Thats a really nice clean mod right there
    Godspeed_22
    Godspeed_22

Post  Godspeed_22 Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:46 am

For someone who's never handled a dremel or the likes before, would this be too hard? It just looks so damn awesome!!!
    psyk
    psyk

Post  psyk Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:57 am

Akimbo Assassin:
    actually, the longshot buttstock clip holder is a bi-directional holder...
    so it doesnt matter which direction you feed the clip in

Godspeed_22:
    Well, you dont exactly need a dremel for this, you can use hacksaws and files...
    for practise, draw lines like i did (or stick some tape to create the lines) and then get some dremel practise by dremelling close to the line, then clean everything up with some files. I've got quite abit of dremelling experience doing many integrations and modifications, so once you have scrap plastic, go ahead and practise away

and to everyone else, thanks for the comments.

I have yet to try this out with a 35-drum and see how secure it is.
    I think i'll do that tonight, although i'm itching to finish up another project...
    Eclipse
    Eclipse

Post  Eclipse Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:17 am

@psyk I heard from Coop772 on Youtube that if you put stronger springs in the clip holder it'll hold fine. May be a bit loose otherwise.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:53 am

Akimbo Assassin wrote:

But does that mean you have to load the magazines facing backward again? Thought you were trying to avoid that in the first place.

Hmm. I'm pretty sure the Longshot you can put the clip in either way :P.... at least I think so...
    Brunius

Post  Brunius Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:21 am

littlebro05 wrote:
    Akimbo Assassin wrote:

Hmm. I'm pretty sure the Longshot you can put the clip in either way :P.... at least I think so...

Not in the yellow longshot, at least.
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:39 pm

WOOT you just saved me doing a write up for this mod. I've taken about half the pics for it and I really couldn't be arsed.

Nice work.

Putting stronger springs in allows you to use drums. Also you can have the clip holder around the other way. That's how I'm doing my one.
    psyk
    psyk

Post  psyk Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:07 pm

danerfdude, just like Psykka said, yes, Coop772 is right, if you upgrade the two springs they'll be able to hold a 35-dart drum...

Brunius: OMGosh you're right, however, it's nothing a little dremelling can't handle...
    Cerbyn
    Cerbyn

Post  Cerbyn Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:52 pm

I've finally found a use for my Longshot Looks like i'm gonna steal its stock for this and sell off the rest or something. I think I might try to do this for the next WA war. Great write up btw, I love how you've marked all the pictures clearly to show where to cut, makes it alot easier to follow.
    psyk
    psyk

Post  psyk Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:01 pm

Alright, I've tested this out with a 35-dart drum,
    and yes, it holds up well but it's probably not secure enough for usage in a war.
    3 hard shakes and the drum falls right out.
    haydenj10
    haydenj10

Post  haydenj10 Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:54 am

Hey,
    I tried the mod and it worked out pretty well except for a few things:
    * It still doesn't push the dart far enough, even with the screw and tape on the fly wheels!
    * when the dart pusher is returning it gets caught on the next dart coming up from the clip, thus jamming the gun.

Please help, and thanks for the tutorial.
    psyk
    psyk

Post  psyk Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:54 am

haydenj10 wrote:Hey,
    I tried the mod and it worked out pretty well except for a few things:
    * It still doesn't push the dart far enough, even with the screw and tape on the fly wheels!
    * when the dart pusher is returning it gets caught on the next dart coming up from the clip, thus jamming the gun.

Please help, and thanks for the tutorial.

there are many factors that could be related to these issues.
    One, try re-aligning your clipholder closer to the flywheel box. Every little bit counts, even if it's 1mm. Did you try firing a whistler dart? Just fit one whistler into the clip and try firing it. If it fires, then try wrapping even more e-tape on the flywheel.

As for the dart pusher mech, try extending it a little more. In my first barricade, i used a screw with an m4 nut and a washer. That gave me just the right distance to push my darts into the flywheels without blocking the other darts that were next in the clip.

And, with regards to the returning problem, make sure you "stretch" the return spring. If you have done so already, try stretching it just a little more.

Every barricade has a slight marginal difference in manufacturing.
    Keep tweaking!
    haydenj10
    haydenj10

Post  haydenj10 Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:21 am

Thanks,
    I have tried the whistler before, and it shot pretty well, when I shoot with the streamlines, i have to pull the trigger 2 or 3 times to make it shoot. I also extended the pusher with a screw (don't know what size but looked pretty close to yours) and i put the clip holder as close as possible. I guess i will have to try stretching the spring more, and wrapping more E-Tape around the fly wheels.

Thanks A Load

Edit: I fixed the returning pusher thing, but i can't for the life of me to get it push far enough. If i unscrew the screw in the dart pusher a little bit to make it push further, it won't return properly. But when i get it returning properly by screwing it in, it won't push far enough!!! Please help.

Sorry if you don't understand. If you don't I can take pics.
    neumein
    neumein
    Donator
    Donator

Post  neumein Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:36 am

Looks pretty good. I used the clip well out of my broken recon, works well, but isn't as elegant as yours.
    psyk
    psyk

Post  psyk Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:36 pm

haydenj10 wrote:
    Edit: I fixed the returning pusher thing, but i can't for the life of me to get it push far enough. If i unscrew the screw in the dart pusher a little bit to make it push further, it won't return properly. But when i get it returning properly by screwing it in, it won't push far enough!!! Please help.

Sorry if you don't understand. If you don't I can take pics.

i know what youre talking about. I have an idea... Try this...
    Align the screw or the clip in such a way that the screw (since its technically the screw that's pushing the dart) pushes the top of the dart instead of the side like in my picture...

I think its worth a shot.
    haydenj10
    haydenj10

Post  haydenj10 Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:24 am

Ok, i'll try that after school today, i also get your reasoning. Thanks!
    Zandor
    Zandor

Post  Zandor Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:36 pm

Awesome. Finally now I know what I want to do with my Barricade nice work psyk! Although I think I'd have a go at fitting the LS stock the other way around for holstering / aesthetic purposes wish me luck!
    psyk
    psyk

Post  psyk Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:51 pm

Zandor wrote:Awesome. Finally now I know what I want to do with my Barricade nice work psyk! Although I think I'd have a go at fitting the LS stock the other way around for holstering / aesthetic purposes wish me luck!

Well, like Brunius has mentioned,
    only the blue longshot stock allows for "dual direction" clip loading.

but if you just take a look at the slot opening for the yellow longshot stock, you'll know where to sand away
    psyk
    psyk

Post  psyk Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:51 am

okay so here's my own rev 2.5,
    because it's basically using a longshot buttstock clipholder but i chose to have it placed in the reverse direction.
    you need to sand down just 2 very small nubs to get the buttstock to accept clips in either direction.

to Brunius and everyone else:
    by doing this i'm busting the "blue longshot buttstock can accept a clip in either direction" myth.
    both blue and yellow longshot buttstock clip holders only accept clips in one direction unless you shave off those two little nubs.

anyways, by having the clipholder in this direction, it's MUCH easier to work with (cutting is much much much easier) and to me, it's visually alot more pleasing.

*I've updated my original post with this update too.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:43 pm

Hehe, why the serious face all the time? Give us a cheeky smile.

You truly are one of the mod experts around. Like you compulsory thumb up at the end of your video.
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:45 pm

Is it just me or did you film this behind a counter at work or something? Thumbs up if you did lol
    psyk
    psyk

Post  psyk Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:01 pm

Akimbo Assassin wrote:Hehe, why the serious face all the time? Give us a cheeky smile.

You truly are one of the mod experts around. Like you compulsory thumb up at the end of your video.

hahaha thanks... i'm just tired. had a loooooooooong weekend and pulled an all-nighter last night. My brother just managed to get a flight back home from Tokyo.
    and thank you for the huge compliment

oxymoron wrote:Is it just me or did you film this behind a counter at work or something? Thumbs up if you did lol

You're right, this is filmed behind the counter at work, this is my shop, and it's the same counter you see in my original clipfed video and in the overhauled spongebob blasters video. The mall gets pretty quiet during the afternoons on weekdays, so that's when i begin to mod stuff haha...
    seph
    seph

Post  seph Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:15 pm

Is there any other methods where you don't have to use a Longshot's stock?
    Like a Recon or something?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:28 pm

psyk wrote:
    oxymoron wrote:Is it just me or did you film this behind a counter at work or something? Thumbs up if you did lol

You're right, this is filmed behind the counter at work, this is my shop, and it's the same counter you see in my original clipfed video and in the overhauled spongebob blasters video. The mall gets pretty quiet during the afternoons on weekdays, so that's when i begin to mod stuff haha...

I need to find a job like that myself! Have you seen my mod with the momentary action switch, it would go awesome with your clip conversion. I'd like to give this a try, I might have to make a shorty longshot to steal the stock!! Nice work as always.
    taerkitty
    taerkitty

Post  taerkitty Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:54 pm

seph wrote:Is there any other methods where you don't have to use a Longshot's stock?
    I've seen it done with the Raider's magazine well, but I suspect you can do it with any CS-x blaster's magazine well, including the Recon. As for the Recon (or LongStrike) stock, that I'm not so sure.
    psyk
    psyk

Post  psyk Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:43 pm

taerkitty wrote:
    seph wrote:Is there any other methods where you don't have to use a Longshot's stock?
    I've seen it done with the Raider's magazine well, but I suspect you can do it with any CS-x blaster's magazine well, including the Recon. As for the Recon (or LongStrike) stock, that I'm not so sure.

Well, Jerm of the Nerf Mods And Reviews blog made his clipfed conversion out of a Recon magwell before...

and he even reshelled a Barricade into a Longstrike.

As for my job, nah, I own the store, so honestly, quiet means no business... hahaha...

Try looking around for broken LS shells or scrap parts for the longshot buttstock... I got my first extra buttstock from someone who didn't like the longshot buttstock...

Have fun doing this, guys.
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:03 pm

I have 2 LS buttstocks for sale. Link in my sig...
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:29 pm

psyk wrote:
    As for my job, nah, I own the store, so honestly, quiet means no business... hahaha...

I know what you mean, I ran my own business for a while, and quiet is both good and bad...

You should just go mainstream, get contracts to mod blaster's as a side-job for when it's quiet. Wouldn't that be awesome - every modder's dream job!!
    psyk
    psyk

Post  psyk Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:26 am

clunk07 wrote:
    I know what you mean, I ran my own business for a while, and quiet is both good and bad...

You should just go mainstream, get contracts to mod blaster's as a side-job for when it's quiet. Wouldn't that be awesome - every modder's dream job!!

hahaha... well... i guess why I don't really wanna do contracts much is because I like modding my own guns for my own purposes... you know what I mean? hahaha...

yeah... wonder how long this shop is gonna survive hahahahaha!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm