Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+7
Joey
Silent Scope
TheBradl3s
Psykka
killerbunny
Reconzor
littlebro05
11 posters

Longshot B-reach Rev.3 Write-up (PICTURE HEAVY)

littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Longshot B-reach Rev.3 Write-up (PICTURE HEAVY) Empty Re: Longshot B-reach Rev.3 Write-up (PICTURE HEAVY)

Post  littlebro05 Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:16 pm

This kid man. Why aren't all the younger members of these forums as crazy as this kid...

Great idea, because now you don't have to worry about the boltnub breaking due to the over powered springs put in the Longshot. I would not be surprised if it was hitting 40metres +.
    Reconzor
    Reconzor

Longshot B-reach Rev.3 Write-up (PICTURE HEAVY) Empty Re: Longshot B-reach Rev.3 Write-up (PICTURE HEAVY)

Post  Reconzor Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:33 pm

Holy crapola. Neato write up. The stuff you do is fantastic.
    Nice idea with the extra catch spring. Keep up the awesome work.
    killerbunny
    killerbunny

Post  killerbunny Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:16 pm

I'm really impressed. That's some great work.

What does the plastic rod do?
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:37 pm

Very nice indeed, this seems to basically be a version of SilentScope's conduit barrel breach but you worked out the kinks it seems.

The brass is just a dart pusher right? That seems far more stable than brass breaches and easier to align properly too.

EDIT* Scratch that... I just noticed that it will only feed from clips modified for short steffans. Silent scope was trying to make it take stock length dart. This is still a cool mod though, I think I might actually do this one. I don't like brass breaches normally because you have to be too careful closing it so the darts don't get cut. *EDIT

Your father isn't an engineer perchance is he?
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:36 pm

Psykka wrote:
    Your father isn't an engineer perchance is he?

No lol, in fact, Dad doesn't understand half i do

and the plastic bar is to stop the dart popping out when you load a clip in, it was a problem I had with rev. 1

I haven't range tested mine, but its going about 90ft I think.

The main reason why i designed this was because i never found that i was able to have awesome springs and use modified streamlines, so i designed my own breech which most likely wont break!

- Brad
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:00 pm

This breech is very much the same as uin13/ice's breech design he made a while ago, albeit its improvements. My biggest observation was the clever use of keeping the bolt nub connected as one piece with the bolt itself rather than chopping it off and gluing it to a connecting 16mm UPVC/1/2" CPVC equivalent.

One thing I would modify in this breech would be to drill a hole large enough for a metal bar/wire to feed through the nub and utilise that as a dart guide rather than a piece of plastic as to simplify it. Apart from that, besides the incompatibility with streamlines, it seems that this breech is just about ideal in many ways compared to the brass design based on its simplicity and feed reliability (one thing I hate about brass breeches, that's for sure).

Psykka wrote:Very nice indeed, this seems to basically be a version of SilentScope's conduit barrel breach but you worked out the kinks it seems...

Scratch that... I just noticed that it will only feed from clips modified for short stefans. Silent scope was trying to make it take stock length dart.
    My conduit breech is rather different, taking design merits from the Angel Breech layout.

I will say for the record that I have tried to adopt this style breech with the ability to accept longer darts. Just like brass breeches, the amount of effort to ensure proper sealing requires 100% attention to measurements nothing out beyond the mm in variance. So far I haven't been able to pull it off as a result. Though it doesn't seem out of the question if nihil413 has been able to pull off something similar in concept...

Anyway Brad, you've given me motivation to get cracking with making one streamline compatible. Keep up the excellent work.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:21 pm

TheBradl3s wrote:

I haven't range tested mine, but its going about 90ft I think.

- Brad

Man bull shit, I wouldn't be surprised if you're hitting 100ft+ with that modification. Well... maybe when it's a little angled. However, with the springs you've added such as the BT v2 (or chad's spring) on top of your LS stock spring, then I would not be surprised at all.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:23 pm

Brilliant guide. I believe that setup should be enough to hold a stage 3 longshot without any aluminium parts.

While this is easier, wont a bras breech shoot further due to better air flow?
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:09 am

Joey wrote:wont a bras breech shoot further due to better air flow?

Its more because if its better air seal, but my design also has a very nice air seal (90%) But brass breeches chew up darts because of the 1/2" brass.

- Brad
    ElementGuy
    ElementGuy

Post  ElementGuy Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:49 am

When removing the locks, does that include the clip lock?
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:52 am

no.. only the ones pictured.

- Brad
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:24 am

Hmm, you've inspired me to crack open one of my stock longshots.
    psyk
    psyk

Post  psyk Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:47 am

oh this is really sweet.
    thanks for this writeup... this is way easier to make than an angel breech for sure!

cos i'm lazy that way.
    bbqbeefburgerman
    bbqbeefburgerman

Post  bbqbeefburgerman Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:26 pm

Damn, you've made another brilliant guide Brad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:30 pm