Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+4
gooni
Switchblade
Dietzie
TheBradl3s
8 posters

How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled

Poll

Am I awesome?

[ 5 ]
    How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled Bar_left25%How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 2 ]
    How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled Bar_left10%How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled Bar_right [10%] 
    [ 2 ]
    How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled Bar_left10%How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled Bar_right [10%] 
    [ 11 ]
    How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled Bar_left55%How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled Bar_right [55%] 

Total Votes: 20
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled Empty How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled

Post  TheBradl3s Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:22 pm

Has this ever happend to you?

How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled Img2916i

Well, here is how you fix it.

NOTE: This will take a bit more than a week to be fully compleated.

What you need:

- Dremel
    - SuperGlue
    - 3 Day Epoxy
    - Epoxy Putty (Steel or multi-purpose)
    - 0.5mm Aluminium Sheeting (Avalable From Bunnings $15 a sheet)
    - Pliers
    - A Shit load of clamps
    - Sharpie
    - File

Ok heres how ya do it:

Hold your broken boltsled togeather and draw lines like this on your boltsled, and try to make them line up as best as you can.

How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled Img2917le How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled Img2918ak

Now Grab your dremel with this bit and dremel out the lines. Once again, Like in the picture ans make sure they line up.

How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled Img2922r How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled Img2923qt

Now superglue the boltsled togeather and make sure its dry (about 1-2 hours)

How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled Img2928m

Now, grab your epoxy putty and carefully fill in the gaps and then let fully dry (24 Hours)

How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled Img2929u How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled Img2930bg How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled Img2931p

Now, once the epoxy putty has fully cured, Carefully file it down so its flush and the epoxy putty is only in the holes. Pics to explain:

How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled Img2937y How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled Img2938

Well, the boltsled should be back to its original strength, if not more! but dont go trying it yet. Here we will do Lilbro's Reinorcement. I swear by this as it works PERFECTLY! anyway back to the writeup:

Grab your 0.5mm Aluminium sheeting and trace out the boltsled on the alu and then cut them out, Make sure you leave some around the edges, as you will need to bend the Alu around the boltsled. You can also cut the Aluminium out with normal scissors.

Note: You will want to mark one side of the boltsled and the corrosponding cutout to go with it, as both sides of the boltsled are different. (As you can see with my two lines ||)

How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled Img2940y How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled Img2941pf

Now slowly and carefully, bend over the edges of the aluminium with your pliers.

How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled Img2942c How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled Img2943 How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled Img2944t

Now get your 3 Day epoxy, mix some up and then glue the aluminium onto the boltsled and then clamp the hell out of it, (I used 3 claps on each side, 6 in total.) (Allow 5 days to FULLY cure to make sure it has maximum bond)

How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled Img2945ag
    How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled Img2946b How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled Img2947al

Now, I forgot to take a picture of the finished Boltsled, but it works, Just ask Gooni, as I have him to thank for breaking his boltsled (accidently ofcourse) and allowing me to fix it for him and thus giving you guys a writeup!

Have fun!

- Brad
    Dietzie
    Dietzie

How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled Empty Re: How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled

Post  Dietzie Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:08 pm

The grove and epoxy idea would work a treat on unbroken 'sleds in addition to sheeting as re-enforcing.
    Brilliant job mate

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    To grow old is inevitable
    To grow up is optional
    Adult member of the NIC: I PLAY WITH TOY GUNS AND I VOTE

Trying to bring organized wars to the Fraser Coast

Facebook: Knownas Dietzie. Find me through Brisbane Nerf Group or Fraser Coast Nerf Group
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled Empty Re: How to fix a Broken Longshot Boltsled

Post  Switchblade Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:12 pm

Nice writeup, my sled wasn't broken, but I used 1mm (I think) high tensile steel sheeting for my reinforcement. A bull could ram it and it wouldn't break

Great write up once again.
    gooni
    gooni

Post  gooni Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:17 pm

I am glad that I could help you out Brad.

A very good write up has come from my misfortunes.

I didn't know that you did that much work on it, making channels and filling them with the epoxy putty is a stroke of genius my frind.

And yes, it is a strong fix indeed, I have had no problems with it at all now that it has been fixed.

Once again, thanks fixing it for me. It is now pwn.

Gooni.
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:33 pm

So with the dremel-ed part on the inside of the boltsled, it would be just epoxy putty and not any metal L thingy?

Also may I ask how powerful the LS was when it broke?
    seph
    seph

Post  seph Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:54 pm

2120, my Longshot's sled broke with a combo of
    1. Stock spring
    2. Recon spring
    3. Streched Maverick spring. (Yes I was a noob)

Brad: Great guide, once I get a Dremel I shall do this.
    gooni
    gooni

Post  gooni Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:30 pm

2120 wrote:So with the dremel-ed part on the inside of the boltsled, it would be just epoxy putty and not any metal L thingy?

Also may I ask how powerful the LS was when it broke?

It only had a chad spring in it, BUT I always primed it with one hand, and very rapidly therefore creating a heap of stress on that boltsled.

Gooni.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:06 pm

seph wrote:2120, my Longshot's sled broke with a combo of
    1. Stock spring
    2. Recon spring
    3. Streched Maverick spring. (Yes I was a noob)

Brad: Great guide, once I get a Dremel I shall do this.

Mate, Any spring upgrade you MUST reinforce it. Even if it has a 'stretched maverick spring'.

Yeah my boltsled broke and I used a similar method, but without epoxy putty and super glue. I just used a shatload 3 day epoxy. Mine now works again :D.
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:12 am

Well done, sir, you are quickly becoming the Top contributor to the mod section.

TheBradl3s wrote:NOTE: This will take a bit more than a week to be fully compleated.
    Just had to pick on that, there's no "a" in completed. But if that's the only negative you can find in a write-up, you're doing well.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:15 am