Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+4
abowden
splosionman
Echoes
Chaos-Blades
8 posters

Air Hunterz Z-curve bow 100+ feet (no bullshirt!)

Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Air Hunterz Z-curve bow 100+ feet (no bullshirt!) Empty Air Hunterz Z-curve bow 100+ feet (no bullshirt!)

Post  Chaos-Blades Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:57 am

I saw these in the Philipines over christmas but they worked out to be $50. I found this on Ebay for $30 including shipping from the UK, the ones they were selling online in AUS wereabout $40 including shipping.

What caught my eye was the boastful claim on the box;

Air Hunterz Z-curve bow 100+ feet (no bullshirt!) Sdc10811

And after taking it to the park down the road, I can tell you all, it lives up to the claim and then some.

Another pic;

Air Hunterz Z-curve bow 100+ feet (no bullshirt!) Sdc10812

SO;

Ranges (not accurately measured)

"Red X Arrows" - 130+ feet angled, 80ish flat

"Arrow Zartz" - maybe 100ish angled, 60ish flat

As for availability, I've seen the yellow and blue versions of these at Toyworld (parafield) but they only come with 3 suction "zartz"
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Air Hunterz Z-curve bow 100+ feet (no bullshirt!) Empty Re: Air Hunterz Z-curve bow 100+ feet (no bullshirt!)

Post  Chaos-Blades Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:04 am

ElementGuy wrote:Any modding potentiel?

It's a bow,

Mod Ideas;

-turn the piece of shiz sucker arrow into a long range one
    -buy some "bounce Zarts" and convert them, to arrows
    -possibly replace the bands with medical tubing
    -mount it on a nerf-gun shell and make a catch, to make it a crossbow

I'm trying to think of a way to launch darts, but none seem effective to me.
    Echoes
    Echoes

Air Hunterz Z-curve bow 100+ feet (no bullshirt!) Empty Re: Air Hunterz Z-curve bow 100+ feet (no bullshirt!)

Post  Echoes Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:13 am

Well if you crossbow it, I'm sure you could somehow stick a plunger head and rod to the bowstring and have the plunger tube completely stationary. A bit like the BBB actually.

That being said, the need for airseal will completely screw this "bow" up due to friction. Perhaps you could treat it like Rambo's bow with explosive arrows. That would allow for an alternate, longer ranged weapon for Demomen in FFP. Just an idea that probably won't work
    splosionman

Post  splosionman Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:20 am

I think the idea of using something like this would be fine for demoman. Although it is quite long range, I'm sure it is not easy to aim.
    Maybe if a demo man used this instead of a titan, he would not be able to use grenades, or the arrows count as grenades, meaning he can only take 3 and they do not kill tanks if they hit their shield.
    It goes without saying you couldn't use this with a titan as well.
    abowden
    abowden

Post  abowden Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:40 am

Shoot scatter blasts out of it?
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:59 am

Hey I assume you went to the Phils and took them home?

I'm going later this year. This time I'm not bringing back home figurines of naked guys in barrels, I'm looking forward to bringing back to Aus, customs permitting, some nerf guns unseen here.
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:54 am

Echoes wrote:Well if you crossbow it, I'm sure you could somehow stick a plunger head and rod to the bowstring and have the plunger tube completely stationary. A bit like the BBB actually.

That being said, the need for airseal will completely screw this "bow" up due to friction. Perhaps you could treat it like Rambo's bow with explosive arrows. That would allow for an alternate, longer ranged weapon for Demomen in FFP. Just an idea that probably won't work
    I mean, if I "crossbowed" it, I would still shoot arrows, I'd just add a catch and trigger and shell,

BTW the BBB's bow arms do nothing but get in the way and look cool

abowden wrote:Shoot scatter blasts out of it?
    Waaaaay too heavy for the bow, besides, you're better off throwing them
    2120 wrote: Hey I assume you went to the Phils and took them home?
    nope, read my post^^^

2120 wrote:I'm going later this year. This time I'm not bringing back home figurines of naked guys in barrels, I'm looking forward to bringing back to Aus, customs permitting, some nerf guns unseen here.
    Those are funny, have you seen the female ones?

They have pretty much everything that we have except for some old ones that didn't sell or dodgy rip off versions

I'm not really sure if this could be incorporated into FFP, it does give some long-ranged support though. I guess we can test it out sunday.

Multi-classing for the win? Demo-Sharpie???
    Hamish
    Hamish

Post  Hamish Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:21 am

This sets me thinking of a game type idea I had a while back. Cowboys vs Indians. Cowboys have short ranged western-style weapons like Mavericks and double shots and indians have long ranged small RoF weapons like BBB, Crossbows and these. Just an idea but the would suit it perfectly.
    JWatt7
    JWatt7

Post  JWatt7 Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:35 am

Its looks kool, would be better if modified to be a crossbow. Cowboys vs Indians sounds like a good idea if you ask me. Is it easy to aim with?
    Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:10 pm

Chaos-Blades wrote:BTW the BBB's bow arms do nothing but get in the way and look cool

I'm not really sure if this could be incorporated into FFP, it does give some long-ranged support though. I guess we can test it out sunday.

Multi-classing for the win? Demo-Sharpie???

I'm well aware that the BBB's arms do nothing :P. I was just saying it'd look a tad similar and the catch would work in a similar way. Just that there'd be no spring... but anyway that's not important.

Demo-sharpie would be so awesome. Surprise shield destroy!
    Roger Explosion
    Roger Explosion
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Roger Explosion Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:50 pm

I got one of these things ages ago. lodsa fun.

Chaos-Blades wrote:
    Mod Ideas;

-turn the piece of shiz sucker arrow into a long range one
    Bam!
    Air Hunterz Z-curve bow 100+ feet (no bullshirt!) Imgp1639d

half a practice ball (Nerf ball like things i found at Kmart) glued onto the sucker.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:32 am