Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+7
Xoenz
PhantomSambo
oxymoron
Silent Scope
littlebro05
RL
JayDesu
11 posters

Painball Darts [R&D: Project Update]

JayDesu
    JayDesu

Painball Darts [R&D: Project Update] Empty Painball Darts [R&D: Project Update]

Post  JayDesu Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:12 pm

Ok so I was walking through Kmart and I saw this;

Painball Darts [R&D: Project Update] 7995293_0_9999_med_v1_m56577569834179269

$8.95 for 100. I have recently purchased some foam from inf0rm3r so my head got ticking and I thought "alright"... so I grabbed this hand full of balls and brought them all the way home.

I sized up my tube and started putting the (kinda) sticky stuff on and then I placed the balls on the lip of each one. NOTE: I used the silicone filler stuff because that is all I had.

Painball Darts [R&D: Project Update] 2011-012

I've made 6 and am going to try them in a clip tomorrow once they are dry.

Even though they are expensive (I haven't done the math) I thought it would be interesting on how they will work (if they will work). I understand that they may stuff up my gun if it busts while in action but hey I'll just clean it up and wait for the next blow

Painball Darts [R&D: Project Update] 2011-013
    Here are my poorly lit up, one time use, paintball foam darts.

ADDED:

Here are the results. Please ignore what I said before about only 1 gun bursting. I just looked at the vid again and saw that 2 stock guns burst the darts. Still surprising results though.

UPDATE: I will be attempting to make these balls firable with a regular nerf gun with as little modding as possible. I may have to invest in buying one of their blasters and seeing how it works and as a last resort i may work an integration. None the less. I will keep you posted about my balls and will post pics!

PS. All innuendo (no matter how poorly it was written) was on purpose for the funsies.

Last edited by sd_type on Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:16 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Project Update)
    RL
    RL

Painball Darts [R&D: Project Update] Empty Re: Painball Darts [R&D: Project Update]

Post  RL Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:18 pm

they'd work like a whistler I suppose, so for CS guns and those placed into brass/PETG it might be a struggle
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Painball Darts [R&D: Project Update] Empty Re: Painball Darts [R&D: Project Update]

Post  littlebro05 Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:58 pm

Haha that's an interesting concept actually! :D. The foam would be reuseable too.

Interestingly enough those splatballs fit perfectly in 17/32" barrels. I'd like to see them on a video to see how they perform :D. Assuming that stock blasters can actually break the splatball.
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:06 pm

Try 14-17 cents per dart (not including glue) at streamline length. At least around that figure.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    HELL YEAH ULTIMATE STREET CRED YO!

Give back to your fellow member and buy his wares. All profits stay in Australia, tune up my VR SS V8, and more.
    In case you're curious about my WTB requests or my Triple Shot products .

Don't worry, I've compiled a list so far of us VIC crew here, yo.

Also, can you people start putting titles in PMs? I can't be bothered trying to figure out what the subject and context is within a PM.

Now a proud owner of a Holden VR Commodore SS V8 with a stage 2 shifter, VVVVRRRRRRRROOOOOOMMMM!
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:52 pm

Silent Scope wrote:Try 14-17 cents per dart (not including glue) at streamline length. At least around that figure.

Technically it would 'kind of' get cheaper each time you reuse the foam. I would probably make a crater in the foam first then put the splatball on so it sticks in better lol.
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:26 am

If you pull the round sight off the front of a wipeout pistol you can drop these things straight in the hole and use it how it was originally designed. The barrel is too large in diameter so you need to angle it to stop the ball rolling out the front, but even with that dodgy method and no seal I was getting ranges of 25-30 meters out of my modded wipeout.
    I paid $15 for my jar though

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "...My presence is a present - Kiss my a$$..." K. West
    JayDesu
    JayDesu

Post  JayDesu Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:52 am

I've done the test shots but I need to to edit the video and I'm going out for a relatives birthday. Will edit and post as soon as I am back.

General results though, for the ball to burst on soft plastic (I used an upturned storage container like you get at the dollar shop), your gun needs to be modded. ONE gun was able to effectively burst on impact as a stock gun.

I'll leave you guys guessing.

I used;

Longshot AR + NF Spring, no FG
    Longstrike with Barrel
    Maverick
    Alpha Trooper
    Longshot FG

Last edited by sd_type on Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    PhantomSambo
    PhantomSambo

Post  PhantomSambo Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:54 am

Well obviously it was the longshot front gun. Nothing else compares
    JayDesu
    JayDesu

Post  JayDesu Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:59 am

PhantomSambo wrote:Well obviously it was the longshot front gun. Nothing else compares

Sorry that one went through the box and out the brick wall on the other side; paint ball did not burst though so very poor results.
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:58 am

I would say the Mav. I dunno if the dart would fire correctly with clip guns.

Last edited by Xoenz on Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
    kingkottah
    kingkottah

Post  kingkottah Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:39 am

I got a double set of the guns that shoot them, its a really fun toy. I tried to but the balls in my wipeout with a 1/2" petg barrel, well the gun has some force but they just flop out because the seal is really shit with 1/2".

Oh and the gun is basicly a wazooka with a splat ball peice which connects to the water shooter attachment.
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:48 am

Where to you get your wipeout guns from?
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:13 am

kingkottah wrote:I got a double set of the guns that shoot them, its a really fun toy. I tried to but the balls in my wipeout with a 1/2" petg barrel, well the gun has some force but they just flop out because the seal is really shit with 1/2".

Oh and the gun is basicly a wazooka with a splat ball peice which connects to the water shooter attachment.

If you want a 'proper' barrel buy 17/32". Petg is way too lose. For spherical ammunition you need the barrel to be as firm a fit as possible, whether it's air or spring plungered. Tests have been done with airsoft pellets that barrels with even 0.5mm a different or less can largely affect the velocity of the airsoft pellet. This also goes for paintball guns. That's why you can buy tightbore barrels for your paintball guns.
    JayDesu
    JayDesu

Post  JayDesu Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:38 pm

Video results posted. Call me a liar and ignore what I said about only 1 gun winning. I was standing about 4m-5m from the target area.
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:25 pm

I just cracked up laughing over the rich audio of splatballs hitting the target area. KER-SPLAT!

Also, bonus lols at the maverick. Oh god that made my night.

HELL YEAH ULTIMATE STREET CRED YO!

Give back to your fellow member and buy his wares. All profits stay in Australia, tune up my VR SS V8, and more.
    In case you're curious about my WTB requests or my Triple Shot products .

Don't worry, I've compiled a list so far of us VIC crew here, yo.

Also, can you people start putting titles in PMs? I can't be bothered trying to figure out what the subject and context is within a PM.

Now a proud owner of a Holden VR Commodore SS V8 with a stage 2 shifter, VVVVRRRRRRRROOOOOOMMMM!
    JayDesu
    JayDesu

Post  JayDesu Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:42 pm

LOL yeah mav fail xD.
    Frankie27
    Frankie27
    Founder
    Founder

Post  Frankie27 Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:48 am

These splatballs combined with my BBBB and I swear I was shooting a paintball gun.
    JayDesu
    JayDesu

Post  JayDesu Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:02 am

Frankie27 wrote:These splatballs combined with my BBBB and I swear I was shooting a paintball gun.

I'm going to try to make sabot rounds to house the paintballs and discharge at the lip of the Barrel (once i get the brass from oxymoron. Hopefully I can make it so my LS can hold the balls without the fear of the balls rolling out while running around.

Can you hold it in the BBBB without it falling out?
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:23 am

17/32" Brass Tube. 'Nuff said. Try the barrel out and you will see :).
    JayDesu
    JayDesu

Post  JayDesu Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:34 am

littlebro05 wrote:17/32" Brass Tube. 'Nuff said. Try the barrel out and you will see :).

Will try Hobby Co. tonight. Are the sizes called anything else? Looking on the website but cannot find.
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:54 am

Yeah, the product codes for K & S Brand brass are:

1/2" - 139
    17/32" - 140
    9/16" - 141
    19/32" - 142

"...My presence is a present - Kiss my a$$..." K. West
    JayDesu
    JayDesu

Post  JayDesu Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:09 am

oxymoron wrote:Yeah, the product codes for K & S Brand brass are:

1/2" - 139
    17/32" - 140
    9/16" - 141
    19/32" - 142

Thanks Oxy, you're a champ. Might have enough time to go at lunch (I have been on the forum while at work which is NOT a good thing... I have NOT done any work today)

Edit: Just came back... SOLD OUT! DDDx restocking in 4-5 weeks
    wamster01
    wamster01

Post  wamster01 Sat May 07, 2011 6:34 am

that would be scary to get hit by one because those splatballs hurt
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Thu May 26, 2011 2:58 am

I love these paintballs, i have afew of these.

You can shoot these from a Titan and they will travel 400ft easily. I can shoot these with my LSG and they travel 130ft. They fit down the barrel of petg really well, and even 9/16 brass is good. Personally i wouldnt even bother putting them on foam.

I've been shot in the neck with one of these paintballs in the neck fired from a titan from 40ft away on 10-12 pumps.

Felt like an elephant slapped me with its trunk.
    JayDesu
    JayDesu

Post  JayDesu Thu May 26, 2011 3:46 am

Hobby co. never restocked and I haven't had the time to work on my nerf guns. I have not forgotten this project though. Hardest thing is thinking about how to load these babies without them being gravity loaded (as i still want to be able to shoot out of stock clips).

I have some ideas but...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:49 am