Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+3
Nerph
TheBradl3s
ticklemenerf
7 posters

fix for a broken recon cs - 6 plunger?

ticklemenerf

fix for a broken recon cs - 6 plunger? Empty fix for a broken recon cs - 6 plunger?

Post  ticklemenerf Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:37 am

Hi everyone, I am rather new to nerfing, and I modded my recon a couple of days ago. I drilled out the air restrictor, and stretched the spring to make it more powerful. Now however, the end of the plunger is beginning to crack off...are there any suggestions of ways to reinforce or fix it up so that it won't break off completely?

Also I'm trying to get decent accuracy over a range of about 20 meters, is a recon ok for that or should I be looking more at a longstrike or something else?

thanks in advance for any help
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

fix for a broken recon cs - 6 plunger? Empty Re: fix for a broken recon cs - 6 plunger?

Post  TheBradl3s Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:51 am

Hey! Welcome to the forums! Don't forget to read the Rules .

Next time, this should also go in the Questions Thread, as it keep the forum cleaner. http://www.oznerf.com/t2840p210-the-questions-thread

Anyway, to answer your question: Get some 3 day Epoxy and a washer that is about the size of the back of the plunger and then cover the whole thing in epoxy, making sure to cover any cracks and then stick the washer on the back and let it cure for 5-7 days. Also stretching springs does absolutly nothing exept weaken them giving you less power.

To Get 66ft (20m) out of a Reverse plungered gun (Recon, Deploy, Longstrike, Raider, Alpha Trooper, Quick 16) will be near impossible unless you upgrade your spring and even then it may still be only getting around 50-55ft

You can get some upgrade parts here: http://black-tactical.com/store/weapon-accessories-foam-gun-parts-c-69_30 and this is your best bet, as these items are tested to make sure they work, and I can vouch for that, as I have bourght some of their stuff and it is great!

Hope this helps.

- Brad
    Nerph
    Nerph

fix for a broken recon cs - 6 plunger? Empty Re: fix for a broken recon cs - 6 plunger?

Post  Nerph Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:02 am

TheBradl3s wrote:...To Get 66ft (20m) out of a Reverse plungered gun (Recon, Deploy, Longstrike, Raider, Alpha Trooper, Quick 16) will be near impossible unless you upgrade your spring and even then it may still be only getting around 50-55ft...
    Psh, don't worry, I got an easy 70ft range with my gun, just needed to upgrade the spring and add a spacer so I recommend you do too!
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:06 am

Actually Nerph. You are just getting those ranges because you are using streamlines. Streamlines are very unpredictable.

70ft is very hard to achieve. Fire it flat and I would be surprised if it even got 40ft.

P.S. If you're very keen on modification. You should know one of the KEY elements of modification is called improvisation. Think about what you can do to fix the plunger. Just don't go asking because that means you're not actually 'keen'. Makes you sound that you're lazy.

Also use your 'broken' parts as a way to reestablish - What can I DO to not let my blasters BREAK. Simple word is reinforcement. Reinforcement with what? I don't know look it up or improvise.

There are various ways to fix the problem. If you do it by yourself, you get a way better sense of achievement. It's a good feeling.
    ticklemenerf

Post  ticklemenerf Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:35 pm

thanks to everyone for your replies, they've all been helpful
    and sorry I'll put it in the right thread next time I wasn't sure where it should go.
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:48 pm

littlebro makes a really good point. I looked around for reinforcement mods on my Alpha Trooper's plunger tube as it fell off.

Some places said washers, but I didn't have one, so I used a ten cent coin.

With my Longshot I tried putting little pieces of rubber band in as plunger padding. Didn't work, I moved on.

Oh and I'm really getting sick of people saying "my [reverse plunger gun] does [mythical ranges above 60 feet]". Seriously, don't wave your dick around if you haven't reached puberty. And nerfing-wise, reverse plungers are stuck at primary school level.
    ticklemenerf

Post  ticklemenerf Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:05 pm

2120, what gun would you recommend then as a long range weapon with reasonable accuracy?
    killerbunny
    killerbunny

Post  killerbunny Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:11 pm

Longshot.
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:12 pm

ticklemenerf wrote:2120, what gun would you recommend then as a long range weapon with reasonable accuracy?

Any air powered gun would be long range and accurate to around 130 feet (~37m)...

So that's BBUMBs, 4Bs, Mega missile etc..

But you gotta single them.

Otherwise your best bet is a nitefinder, triple shot or longshot, in which all need quite a fair bit
    of experience in modding correctly, but these guns would outperform the reverse plungers as they have direct plungers.
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:36 pm

My two best blasters go about 26-30m - the BBUMB and my singled Triple Shot.

Airguns are easier to modify to shoot far because all you need is a coupler, barrel the darts can fit in, and then darts that don't fishtail.

Springers are harder to modify because you need to find the right parts for upgrading, and stronger springs mean reinforcement.

Remember though - accuracy is not just down to the gun, for me it's largely a question of dart quality.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:09 am