Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+3
Psykka
TheBradl3s
Melefanty
7 posters

Approval feels good! Another Melb nerfer

Melefanty
    Melefanty

Approval feels good! Another Melb nerfer Empty Approval feels good! Another Melb nerfer

Post  Melefanty Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:23 pm

Hi everybody!

I've been waiting a while for approval from the admins, but it was worth the wait, and I have had good fun browsing the threads.
    I've only been recently introduced to Nerf guns, and started with purchasing the ol' faithful maverick a couple of months ago. Soon after that I bought a Longshot, and I have started some minor modifications since then; AR removal, russian roulette mod, penny mod, mav trigger spring mod, etc.

I will save my mod ramblings for a questions thread, but for now, I will just say I'm glad to finally be here!

-Matt
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Approval feels good! Another Melb nerfer Empty Re: Approval feels good! Another Melb nerfer

Post  TheBradl3s Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:32 pm

Welcome to the forums! Its always nice to have new members join.

Would your profile pic be your guitar by any chance? As I think I spy some EMGs and a Les Paul..... Nice! *start drooling*

Just one lil thing, would you be able to update your profile with your age?

Thanks, and Happy Nerfing!!

- Brad
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Approval feels good! Another Melb nerfer Empty Re: Approval feels good! Another Melb nerfer

Post  Psykka Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:57 pm

Hey mate welcome to the forums. I hope you have a good time here.
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:43 pm

Whereabouts in Melbourne? I'm holding a war next weekend on the westside.

Yo bro.
    Melefanty
    Melefanty

Post  Melefanty Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:02 pm

Cheers for the welcome guys!
    That's a pretty sharp eye bradl3s, most people just think it is a Les Paul because of the shape. It's actually an ESP Eclipse, which basically is just a maple Les Paul with actives :p. Such a pretty and powerful tone though, like giving a nightingale a shotgun!

I'm a bayside fella Silent Scope. I like in Hampton, probably a bit of a trek from western suburbs. Also, both my blasters are disassembled awaiting further modification, so I am not ready to war just yet.

Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:11 pm

Some of us can always provide some loaners if you need them. Just peep around the wars thread here to see if they're available in any upcoming wars.
    Melefanty
    Melefanty

Post  Melefanty Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:14 am

That's good to know Silent Scope, I might check it out sometime

@Psykka; Sorry to throw a question into a welcome thread, but I read in a muuuuuch earlier post that you put a Black Tactical V2 spring in your longshot, and since Winterstrike no longer sells his springs I just had a quick couple of questions; did you just stick with the V2 or did you leave the stock in as well? and did you try the LS O Ring from the same seller, since I assume you upgraded that as well? Cheers mate
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:23 am

It's your welcome thread so I don't see an issue in asking. Better than making a new thread :p

I just have the upgrade in there I took the stock one out. I also have a stock oring along with an BT longshot oring in there. Aditionally I have made a rupper top for the plunger than serves as both padding and an improved seal.
    You must also reinforce your boltsled if you plan to add any sprong power. I recomend littlebro's method as that is what I've used and it's very solid. I think his writeup is in the mod guide.

It might also be a good idea to glue some pipe into the stock of your longshot to stop it collapsing when you prime the blaster.
    Melefanty
    Melefanty

Post  Melefanty Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:34 am

Cheers for the reply mate.

I have been trying to source a rubber top for the plunger as per the recommendations on Modworks, but I have really struggled to find any that are the right size; Bunnings is a fail, and I've tried quite a few local stores to no avail.
    I read the boltsled mod, and I'm confident to give that a crack as well.

Did you reinforce the plunger head with epoxy? I think it was littlebro who recommended that so you don't rip the thread, but it seems like once you use epoxy you cannot replace/change the spring, or at least not easily.
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:33 am

Yeh Welcome to Oznerf, hope you enjoy your stay :]
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:11 am

Melefanty wrote:Cheers for the reply mate.

I have been trying to source a rubber top for the plunger as per the recommendations on Modworks, but I have really struggled to find any that are the right size; Bunnings is a fail, and I've tried quite a few local stores to no avail.
    I read the boltsled mod, and I'm confident to give that a crack as well.

Did you reinforce the plunger head with epoxy? I think it was littlebro who recommended that so you don't rip the thread, but it seems like once you use epoxy you cannot replace/change the spring, or at least not easily.

Personally I wouldn't epoxy it unless you were using some stupidly powerful spring.

I just made my rubber head myself out of a sheet of it. it's not hard you just have to be a bit careful.
    Melefanty
    Melefanty

Post  Melefanty Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:51 pm

Xoenz; cheers mate

Psykka; ah ok, I guess if I double loaded the spring it would be necessary, but it probably would make things easier if I didn't epoxy it. What type of rubber do you use? I tried to find the closest I could to the pads that they use on Modworks, and I found these very soft adhesive rubber pads that are made to add grip to kitchen appliances. Sadly I couldn't find any in stock large enough to cover the diameter of the longshot plunger head.
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:54 pm

I just used sheet rubber and cut it to size.
    KingCam
    KingCam

Post  KingCam Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:28 am

Welcome to Oz Nerf hope you have a good time here.
    Melefanty
    Melefanty

Post  Melefanty Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:45 am

ok cheers psykka, sounds like that will be much simpler

cheers kingcam! Having plenty of fun so far.
    FaytZero
    FaytZero

Post  FaytZero Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:30 am

Welcome and ditto to the previous posts
    Melefanty
    Melefanty

Post  Melefanty Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 pm

Cheers mate!
    Very jealous of you Adelaide-folk and their lenient Airsoft laws!
    Visiting adelaide for the first time this June for a tour, quite looking forward to it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:04 pm