Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+10
JayDesu
Mozart
Brunius
clunk07
TooBz
ElementGuy
Xoenz
Nerph
Synergie
Melefanty
14 posters

2nd Group buy from Black Tactical

Melefanty
    Melefanty

2nd Group buy from Black Tactical Empty 2nd Group buy from Black Tactical

Post  Melefanty Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:36 am

Hey guys,

I was a bit bummed that I missed out on oxy's group purchase from Black Tactical, so I thought why not do another!
    I'm interested in getting a Longshot V2 and an o-ring, so I thought i might as well see if anybody else is looking to by from there too?

Here's the site, for anybody who doesn't know it; http://black-tactical.com/store/weapon-accessories-foam-gun-parts-c-69_30

I'm in Melbourne SE suburbs, so this is probably best for Melbourne nerfers

Post if you're interested!

Matt

Order;

Melefanty
    - Longshot V2 Spring
    - Longshot O-Ring
    - Stampede Kit

ElementGuy
    - Spectre Spring

- Maverick spring
    - Spectre spring

Last edited by Melefanty on Wed May 11, 2011 7:27 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Update order information)
    Synergie
    Synergie

2nd Group buy from Black Tactical Empty Re: 2nd Group buy from Black Tactical

Post  Synergie Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:24 am

Echoes, 2120 and I did a group order last week, retards put 2x Longshot Springs in when we wanted 2x Recon/AT/LongSTRIKE springs... Of course Ill probably buy from them again, but it's nonetheless an inconvenience.
    Nerph
    Nerph

Post  Nerph Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:51 am

I need 3 O-rings (2x Nite-Finder ones and 1x Deploy)
    and the total comes up to $4.80

How much more would I have to pay for postage, etc. to Brisbane?
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:54 am

Nerph wrote:I need 3 O-rings (2x Nite-Finder ones and 1x Deploy)
    and the total comes up to $4.80

How much more would I have to pay for postage, etc. to Brisbane?

I'd say 60c (envelope)
    Melefanty
    Melefanty

Post  Melefanty Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:49 pm

I might give this a week or two to gather interest, also because I want to get a Stampede kit as well as the LS one, but I will keep track of prospective orders in the first post.

Keep the orders coming!

I haven't decided yet how to handle shipping from city to city; I am happy to have everything shipped to me, then charge a couple of dollars to ship to others depending on the item, but if we have 5 people from Brisbane ordering and only myself from Melbourne, then it would be a waste to have it all shipped to me then out to Brisbane.
    We'll see how the orders go
    ElementGuy
    ElementGuy

Post  ElementGuy Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:06 am

Can I please get a spectre spring for $8 and what would be postage to 5091?
    TooBz
    TooBz

Post  TooBz Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:55 pm

Have you guys ordered yet? I'm Interested in a few things.
    Nerph
    Nerph

Post  Nerph Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:03 pm

Oh, I also need 1 Recon O-Ring and 1 Recon Spring V2.
    When and how do I pay?
    Melefanty
    Melefanty

Post  Melefanty Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:53 am

Haven't ordered yet YooBz, just giving some time for people to decide what they want and do one big order. I kind of want to wait until the stampede kit is back in stock, but may not have the patience

I haven't decided how we will handle payment just yet Nerph. I will probably make one lump payment to black tactical, and then if people can send the money to my bank account or something?

After I make the order I will PM everybody with a total cost of their order and my bank account number.

Does anybody know a good way to calculate how much postage will be? Or can anybody hazard a guess?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:03 am

Probably the easiest way will be to just split the postage cost evenly - unless of course someone is purchasing bulky items. If everyone is getting spring/o-rings, it should work out fairly even.

I'm pretty sure DPEX works on 500 gram increments in their shipping costs, which makes it difficult to accurately work out individual costs for items weighing very little.
    Brunius

Post  Brunius Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:24 am

I'll grab a stampede kit if they're back in stock by the time you send the order in, if not I won't grab anything
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:44 pm

Brunius wrote:I'll grab a stampede kit if they're back in stock by the time you send the order in, if not I won't grab anything

I gave up waiting for them to re-stock last time, and bought direct from SgNerf, on the advice of OxyMoron. He has a 9kg and 13kg load spring, and also the return spring. I'm not sure if he also sells the o-rings and padding though.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:05 pm

What are the springs kg ratings..? Or something, it has zero info about them. The LS V2 spring, someone told me they're pretty nice. What about the NF one? And are the o-rings slightly larger OD or something, or just for additional o-rings?

Thanks,
    Cody
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:13 pm

Yeh, I wouldn't have a clue about the spring loads. I've had good success with the recon/raider/AT spring, V2 LS spring, Maverick spring, Spectre spring. Sorry, I don't have a NF...

BT V2 LS spring is very nice.

O-rings appear to be of slightly larger diameter/better fit. Worth the couple of $$ if you can't be bothered finding them locally.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:15 pm

What kind of power from the V2, though, man?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:22 pm

Mozart wrote:What kind of power from the V2, though, man?

With all blaster reinforcements, a V2 and stock spring, custom o-ring, brass breech, custom-weighted blue foam snap cap darts - 150 feet, fired from shoulder, minimal angle (approx 5 degrees).
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:30 pm

Sounds interesting, count me in. I'll take a V2 Longshot spring, a Nite Finder spring and at least one o-ring for each, depending on how much they are. I'll go check. Ohh, and I need it all posted to Burnie (North West of Tassie) please (:

Edit: yepp, all that. Comes to $29.20 if it's possible to have you post it to Burnie (7320) thanks! Let me know when you're ordering.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:37 pm

Mozart wrote:Sounds interesting, count me in. I'll take a V2 Longshot spring, a Nite Finder spring and at least one o-ring for each, depending on how much they are. I'll go check. Ohh, and I need it all posted to Burnie (North West of Tassie) please (:

Edit: yepp, all that. Comes to $29.20 if it's possible to have you post it to Burnie (7320) thanks! Let me know when you're ordering.

Just letting you know prices are in Singapore Dollars. So that would come to approx $22 AUD.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:55 pm

Ohh, yeah? So, my $29.20 will come to six or seven dollars less? No complaints to that (: thanks man.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:40 am

Mozart wrote:Ohh, yeah? So, my $29.20 will come to six or seven dollars less? No complaints to that (: thanks man.

Yeh, thought that would make you happy!!
    JayDesu
    JayDesu

Post  JayDesu Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:31 pm

Throw me in for a LSV2 spring. Once I get Chrisb spring, I will do comparisons.
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:10 pm

Pretty much all the stuff on BT is the same KG rating as what SG Nerf uses in his blog.

i.e. The LS V2 is a 14Kg spring.

The Stampede kit from BT is the 9Kg kit SG Nerf sells. I'm pretty sure BT might just buy the kit from SGN and mark it up a couple $

The BT Nite Finder spring is pretty wimpy compared to the Bunnings C-836 spring

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "...My presence is a present - Kiss my a$$..." K. West
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:02 am

oxymoron wrote:Pretty much all the stuff on BT is the same KG rating as what SG Nerf uses in his blog.

The Stampede kit from BT is the 9Kg kit SG Nerf sells. I'm pretty sure BT might just buy the kit from SGN and mark it up a couple $

But ZInv tells me that the BT stampede spring is 6kg, which is also featured in SGNERFS blog.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:15 am

Xoenz wrote:
    oxymoron wrote:Pretty much all the stuff on BT is the same KG rating as what SG Nerf uses in his blog.

But ZInv tells me that the BT stampede spring is 6kg, which is also featured in SGNERFS blog.

BT stampede spring is 9kg load. Direct quote from SgNerf's stampede mod guide:

Tested effects and usage of the various aftermarket springs shown above:

6kg load Spring
    - Works with 9V but RoF will be reduced by 50%, recommend >12V for better RoF.

9kg load Spring
    - 9V has difficulty moving the plunger, 12V gets normal RoF, recommend >15V for better RoF.

13kg load Spring
    - 12V has difficulty moving the plunger, 15V gets normal RoF, recommend >18V for better RoF.

Black Tactical got the spring specs and dimensions from SgNerf, and custom ordered the springs themselves (SgN provided this info out of goodwill - he has no business connections with BT)
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:38 am

oxymoron wrote:

Someone back this up or tell me otherwise, please. Is it worth getting, will it give me a good, healthy (not smash the shit out of my catch because it's too damn strong) power increase, or what? Info, people! Hahaa.
    ElementGuy
    ElementGuy

Post  ElementGuy Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:52 am

The C-836 won't do anything to your catch, as long as you put another spring in it, and it provides incredible power increase shooting ranges from about 40ft to 70ft. I'd get the C-836 because it's cheaper and way easier to get. BUNNINGS!
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:54 am

ElementGuy wrote:The C-836 won't do anything to your catch, as long as you put another spring in it, and it provides incredible power increase shooting ranges from about 40ft to 70ft. I'd get the C-836 because it's cheaper and way easier to get. BUNNINGS!

Ahhh. Good old C-836 spring.

It has ripped up every single padding that i have put into the NF, once it even unscrewed the head from the plunger..

This i have it lying in my For sale bin. Coils have been Precut. Any takers?
    Nerph
    Nerph

Post  Nerph Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:49 am

Xoenz wrote:
    ElementGuy wrote:The C-836 won't do anything to your catch, as long as you put another spring in it, and it provides incredible power increase shooting ranges from about 40ft to 70ft. I'd get the C-836 because it's cheaper and way easier to get. BUNNINGS!

It has ripped up every single padding that i have put into the NF, once it even unscrewed the head from the plunger..

So it IS stronger than the BT one?
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:53 am

Nerph wrote:
    Xoenz wrote:

... HELL YES. lol. It will own the BT anyday. It's like x2-5 times stronger, i think.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:12 pm

Alright, thanks guys (: please delete the NF spring from my order, Melefanty (:
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:59 pm

Xoenz wrote:
    Nerph wrote:
    Xoenz wrote:

... HELL YES. lol. It will own the BT anyday. It's like x2-5 times stronger, i think.

Stronger, but not recommended in my opinion.
    JayDesu
    JayDesu

Post  JayDesu Fri May 06, 2011 4:20 pm

Has this gone through or did it fall through?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sat May 07, 2011 12:59 am

sd_type wrote:Has this gone through or did it fall through?

Mate, I do order's with BT nearly every month. Not sure how much you'd save on shipping, but I'm sure we could work out something.
    JayDesu
    JayDesu

Post  JayDesu Sat May 07, 2011 5:18 am

if it didn't go through then relax. Dont know if I'd save much anyway. Still waiting for alu blot sled from chris before I can use that spring anyway. If I need to buy more then maybe
    Melefanty
    Melefanty

Post  Melefanty Mon May 09, 2011 11:14 am

Hey guys, still going ahead.
    Had a pretty hectic week so I haven't checked the thread in a while.

Incidentally, I saw that black tactical restocked the stampede kits on friday, but they have since disappeared from the order page! I want to see if they come back, then I think we might put the order through.

Cheers for the patience guys!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:13 am