Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+6
littlebro05
TheBradl3s
Brunius
neumein
bulletproofvest
Slammin Sam
10 posters

Nerf Strikefire + 6 Darts (Modded + Painted) 50 feet consistent

Slammin Sam
    Slammin Sam

Nerf Strikefire + 6 Darts (Modded + Painted) 50 feet consistent Empty Nerf Strikefire + 6 Darts (Modded + Painted) 50 feet consistent

Post  Slammin Sam Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:25 pm

Hi there!

I've decided to finally let go of this handy gun, and let someone else enjoy it by selling it on eBay!

To see images, please visit the link below:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250807160940&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_867wt_929

Description

This is a Nerf Strikefire Dart Tag Blaster. It’s a very small gun, but with the new modifications it can really Pack-a-punch (yes for zombies reference) The gun has a six dart capacity, and is easily reloaded and refilled. During Nerf wars, you can easily pick up single darts you find on the ground and put them in the open bullet chamber. What does this mean? This means you never have to sit there in the heat of battle and reload a clip! It’s incredibly easy to reload! The gun is a single fire gun, which means after shooting a bullet, you have to take another from the bullet holder and insert it into the barrel, then cock the gun. This can take as little as 2 seconds! The Strikefire blaster is a perfect sidearm, and is incredibly small for a Nerf Gun. It’s only 19 cm long, and 15 cm high, meaning it can easily fit in a small holster, or even pocket. The Strikefire can also fire ANY type of dart, which is great during battle as you don’t have to search around for streamlines to go inside a clip. The Strikefire actually acts as an attachment as well, so you can attach it to any gun with a rail. It also features a lanyard hook on the base of the handle, so you can strap it on your back while using your primary.

Overall, this gun is pretty epic. It’s the perfect secondary during battle, as it's small, can use any type of dart, and be reloaded and fired in just a few seconds. With the new mods and paintjob, the gun doesn’t only look great, it performs fantastically, with a consistent range of 50 ft. You will certainly love the look and feel of this gun.

Modifications

1. Air restrictor removed

2. Plunger padded with 19mm durable felt pad.

3. Small air release hole in barrel has been blocked.

You can trust that I took great care in modding this, as I originally did it for myself, then decided to sell it afterwards. The gun IS well padded, so the extra power in the plunger system won't break the gun. This gun is in perfect working condition, and has nothing wrong with it.

Paint Job

As you can see, the gun looks fairly realistic after I spray painted it. I took the whole thing apart and painted the separate pieces, just to add a little awesomeness. The new paintjob makes this weapon look like a small pistol. For a better look, flick through the image gallery up top. There’s even an FPS camera angle for you!

Range Test

The range tests are averaged from 6 streamline darts

PTG (Parallel to ground) = 35 feet

ATG (Angle to ground, about 30-40 degrees) = 50 feet

What's in the box?

1 x Modded and painted Nerf Strikefire

6 x Streamline Darts

8 x Clear Thumbtacs for optional easy dart modification (6 + 2 spare)http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250807160940&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_867wt_929
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Nerf Strikefire + 6 Darts (Modded + Painted) 50 feet consistent Empty Re: Nerf Strikefire + 6 Darts (Modded + Painted) 50 feet consistent

Post  bulletproofvest Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:38 pm

Holy crap, you like JUST joined and your already selling stuff. That's pretty sick
    I would buy but I just got two hooray
    neumein
    neumein
    Donator
    Donator

Nerf Strikefire + 6 Darts (Modded + Painted) 50 feet consistent Empty Re: Nerf Strikefire + 6 Darts (Modded + Painted) 50 feet consistent

Post  neumein Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:59 am

I noticed that you painted the entire gun black. That is a HUGE no-no if you actually want to use the blaster in public, not just a display piece. Having that little piece or orange plastic on the end signifies that it is a toy, and is actually a legal requirement.
    Brunius

Post  Brunius Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:13 am

neumein wrote:I noticed that you painted the entire gun black. That is a HUGE no-no if you actually want to use the blaster in public, not just a display piece. Having that little piece or orange plastic on the end signifies that it is a toy, and is actually a legal requirement.

Not actually a legal requirement in Australia. Only in America. Very common misconception.
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:19 am

Just a Lil thing, We don't use Angled measurements especially at 30-40 degrease. So the title shouldn't really say 50ft, it should say 35, as that's its flat range.

Other than that its good to see someone new already attempting to contribute. Good Job!

And yeah, Orange tips are not required by law here in Australia, same as black painted guns are also legal, but its just better to have your blasters brightly coloured as old people tend to get scared and call the cops if your in a suburban area.

- Brad
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:32 am

Eh. Popos can still be a doodle and be like lolz, no we'll confiscate it anyway. Just because it supposedly resembles a real firearm.

Oh well keep it up though, we'd like to see more of this sort of posting quality. It's what makes our forums look literate and legit :D.

Err yeah. Thumb Tacs is also another big NO. If you modify darts, it's either with hot glue or snap caps. Anything that says 'pointy' = lololol media.
    neumein
    neumein
    Donator
    Donator

Post  neumein Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:53 am

Hmm, my bad. Thankyou sirs for the efficient reduction of my ignorance Still, better to be safe than sorry.
    Slammin Sam
    Slammin Sam

Post  Slammin Sam Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:35 am

I noticed that you painted the entire gun black. That is a HUGE no-no if you actually want to use the blaster in public, not just a display piece. Having that little piece or orange plastic on the end signifies that it is a toy, and is actually a legal requirement.

As people posted below, it's actually legal in Australia.
    The only time I'm going to be using it in public is when there are Nerf wars on, which are usually inside only, and everyone else has a gun as well It's no big deal, I brought it to the last war and everyone loved it. Even let some people use it.

Just a Lil thing, We don't use Angled measurements especially at 30-40 degrease. So the title shouldn't really say 50ft, it should say 35, as that's its flat range.

Oh, sorry I just always see the PTG and ATG tests on ModWorks, so I thought it would just be nice to tell people all the data, instead of just some of it. I actually do use ATG during battle sometimes. In a large room you sometimes do need to angle it that much to get it across. So really, it depends on the situation.
    Flat range also isn't an accurate measurement, as the range also depends on the height of the gun above the ground when it shoots.

Other than that its good to see someone new already attempting to contribute. Good Job!

Attemping? :/ Can already see I've made an enemy.

Err yeah. Thumb Tacs is also another big NO. If you modify darts, it's either with hot glue or snap caps. Anything that says 'pointy' = lololol media.

Yeah most of my friends don't use them. And of course I wouldn't use them in battle unless everyone participating was using them, and wearing protective gear. They don't hurt too much. I let my friend shoot my back (shirtless) with a stock stampede from 2 metres away, and it barely hurt and didn't bleed.

I do understand though that this would cause some controversy. :/ Just a bit of fun to test it out.
    Brunius

Post  Brunius Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:55 am

Slammin Sam wrote:
    littlebro05 wrote:Other than that its good to see someone new already attempting to contribute. Good Job!

Attemping? :/ Can already see I've made an enemy.

Littlebro hates on everyone. It's pretty much a rite of acceptance into the community.

EDIT: Whoops that was brad I take that back

Last edited by Brunius on Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:11 pm

@Brunius LOL. TheBradl3s wrote that, not me <,<.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:20 pm

Behave yourself Littlebro - you Hater!!! LOL
    Brunius

Post  Brunius Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:22 pm

littlebro05 wrote:@Brunius LOL. TheBradl3s wrote that, not me <,<.

Whoops, its usually you hatin' on people so I jumped to conclusions. Sorry :/
    Acerised
    Acerised

Post  Acerised Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:40 pm

Hahaha littlebro
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:46 pm

It's not hating. It's constructive criticism <,<.
    Acerised
    Acerised

Post  Acerised Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:37 pm

Hahaha! :PPP
    Slammin Sam
    Slammin Sam

Post  Slammin Sam Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:39 pm

I'm liking this community already
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:42 pm

Slammin Sam wrote:I'm liking this community already

Wait till you get onto the chatbox
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:23 pm

Agreed Xeonz
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:58 pm

I'd like to establish that this, while I do question the reasoning behind black-only blasters, is a thread regarding sales and such. Not the personal opinions of what the community values in public perception and the like. I'm not going to lock this thread, but I'd like to request that you all just to keep to the topic at hand as best you can and direct your other concerns elsewhere. Thanks.

Carry on.
    Slammin Sam
    Slammin Sam

Post  Slammin Sam Tue May 03, 2011 6:22 am

Hey everyone!

I sold the Strikefire described above for $39.90! (after fees ect)

Just letting you guys know that I'm selling an identical one which I put on eBay today.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250814020039&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_861wt_1139

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:42 pm