Where: Hurstville Heritage Park, Lugarno . Navigate yourself to Forest Road, Gannons Park is in a sidestreet called Boatwright Avenue, there are other entrances to Gannons Park but they will leave you VERY far away, get yourself to HERE and you're bound to see me and my car. I suggest you get the location of this Street View image in Google Maps and use that to get directions to the war location.
A suggestion you could make to your parents who may be driving you down here is heading up to the Bowling Club which borders onto Gannons Park, while you play Nerf, you're parents could be dining up at the club, therefore turning a pointless 30minute/1hour drive into a day out for your parents.
General Rules & Guidelines:
- Whether I call myself an "admin" or an "organiser", my job is to arrange a day for the war and try guide participants through games, that said, I am always open to suggestions and happy to have others come on board to run games. I am an easy going person, but I like having "somewhat" organised games
- If you are hit by a dart in ANY part of the body, you are OUT. Call out "HIT", like paintball and return to your respawn point.
- If your gun is hit, you are OUT (Gun Hit)
- If you hit someone and they continue to play, call them out.
- Don't cheat in general, it's a game of tag.
- Don't argue with the person who calls a hit on you.
- Report to one of the organisers about a possible cheater and we will monitor them to see if they continue to do so.
- Eye Protection is a must, you only have two eyes, try to keep them intact!
- You are NOT allowed to pick up darts when you are dead or ‘tagged’. You can pick up darts when you are alive.
- Melee weapons are allowed IF it is made from very soft foam. If you are to meet or sneak on a player and you have no weapon, just place your hand on there shoulder to say I’ve got you.
- Plugged weapons are banned.
- Use common sense when considering engagement distances, don't fire point-blank to the face or neck.
Food: Since this finishes at 4pm, you have the option of eating beforehand, or I could arrange pizzas or a takeaway run. Post your preference. More details: My car is your foot locker, as long as you dont leave it dirty and/or broken, you're welcome to leave any of your gear (including valubles) in it, I'll lock it while we play games, but honestly, NO ONE goes where we are and we're playing quite close to where the car is parked (NOT MUCH WALKING!). In addition, I'll have a big esky packed with ice to put any drinks or food you might have, speaking of food, there are takeaway joints a short car trip away, as well as getting Pizza Hut delivered to my house which is a 1minute drive just up the road, I can run up there in the car and bring it down.
- Team Deathmatch (Obviously)
- Capture the Flag
- Free for All
- Pistols-only Variants
- VIP Escort
- Search & Destory aka Counter-Strike's "Defuse" maps aka Plant the bomb.
UPDATE: I now have 14 attendees (including myself), this will make for great 7v7 action, however I always want MORE ATTENDEES!
Confirmed Attendees: Synergie, Anthony, yeahryan + 1, SydneyNerfer, fpsscarecrow, Dan, Aidan, lolnerf, Blitzkrieg Nerf Team (5).
"Maybe" Attendees: Twist, AkimboAssassin, Echoes
Grounded Noobs: Xoenz
Last edited by Synergie on Fri May 20, 2011 3:39 pm; edited 48 times in total