Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Calendar Calendar


+5
Mozart
oxymoron
Xoenz
redcricket077
Kinetic Waffle
9 posters

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome!

    Kinetic Waffle
    Kinetic Waffle


    Posts : 108
    Join date : 2011-04-08
    Age : 30
    Location : 1008A/640 Swanston St, Carlton, Victoria, 3053

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Empty Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome!

    Post  Kinetic Waffle Fri May 06, 2011 1:47 pm

    Hey guys, just starting to get into nerf, very new here and all, and was wondering if anyone had one they wanted to sell, or knew someone in Australia who is really good at doing custom jobs? Also looking for attachments, including any...
    Good scopes, preferrably modded
    Lights/Laser sights
    35 dart drum.

    Basically, just looking to start getting into nerf with a really solid reliable gun. If someone's had one that works like a charm and has turned out from a really good mod job, or knows someone who does good mods and can also do a nice spray job, then a point in the right direction would be awesome.

    Thanks,
    KW.
    redcricket077
    redcricket077


    Posts : 629
    Join date : 2010-12-31
    Age : 25
    Location : SE Suburbs Melbourne

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Empty Re: Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome!

    Post  redcricket077 Fri May 06, 2011 1:54 pm

    For the scopes and sights, try DealExtreme. Many on this forum deal with them. Make a Post in The Want to Buy Thread in the trading section of this forum for the 35 Drum. Ebay also has some cheap steals every now and then.

    Good Luck!
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator


    Posts : 538
    Join date : 2010-12-30
    Age : 24
    Location : Liverpool, NSW

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Empty Re: Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome!

    Post  Xoenz Fri May 06, 2011 1:59 pm

    Well, i have just finished modding my stampede and it is brilliant.

    Runs on 16.2v, Servulus spring, improved catch spring, padded, re-lubricated and oring change.

    Shoots 19m flat.

    Pm for a guide or more details. i may contract one for you..
    oxymoron
    oxymoron


    Posts : 357
    Join date : 2010-12-19
    Age : 38
    Location : SE Brisbane, QLD

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Empty Re: Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome!

    Post  oxymoron Fri May 06, 2011 2:29 pm

    You could waste a heap of money on buying one of almost every gun (like me) or you could just get yourself a brass breeched Longshot (DIY or from Clunk07 or similar) and be done with it.
    Big power, super reliable, can't go wrong


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "...My presence is a present - Kiss my a$$..." K. West
    Kinetic Waffle
    Kinetic Waffle


    Posts : 108
    Join date : 2011-04-08
    Age : 30
    Location : 1008A/640 Swanston St, Carlton, Victoria, 3053

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Empty Re: Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome!

    Post  Kinetic Waffle Fri May 06, 2011 2:41 pm

    Yeah, I plan on getting a longshot, but I want to get one of those once I know a bit more about nerf. You know, longshot once I'm a decent marksman who knows my stuff, stampede just for fun. Also, I'll definitely PM about that stampede, and thanks for the advice on sights and scopes and drums all!
    Mozart
    Mozart


    Posts : 622
    Join date : 2011-04-24
    Age : 29
    Location : Burnie, TAS

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Empty Re: Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome!

    Post  Mozart Fri May 06, 2011 3:09 pm

    Sites and scopes and stuff are pretty pointless with Nerf, just as we shoot foam darts which aren't really reliable enough. More for aesthetics. Longshot is a great place to start, for sure. Stampede is a kind of pricey place to start. If you have no budget, I would definitely recommend you go and talk to Clunk about his Longshots, lots of power, he seems to be very good with Longshots. There are a heap of people who will be willing to modify a blaster for you, but with a Stampede, I'd say better off seeing if there are any people that live close to you, as it's pretty big and fairly heavy to ship.

    Goodluck, I hope I helped!

    Cody
    Kinetic Waffle
    Kinetic Waffle


    Posts : 108
    Join date : 2011-04-08
    Age : 30
    Location : 1008A/640 Swanston St, Carlton, Victoria, 3053

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Empty Re: Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome!

    Post  Kinetic Waffle Fri May 06, 2011 3:15 pm

    Xoenz is just a state away, but if there is anybody in Victoria, it'll probably come down to price differences vs quality. And yeah, I definitely will be getting a longshot, but that's for maybe a few months time. Mostly want a nice laser sight just to give me an idea if I'm firing from the hip, especially with something as automatic as a stampede, where it's pointing, when it will be getting ranges of near-20m.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 41
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Empty Re: Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome!

    Post  clunk07 Fri May 06, 2011 3:16 pm

    I currently am looking at performing commissions for Stampede's.

    16.8 v power increase
    9kg after-market spring
    Custom o-rings
    Plunger buffer/padding
    Custom paint job

    Here's two I've finished already, which may be up for sale, for the right price. PM me if you would like a quote, or to offer a price on either of these two:

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Stampe10

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Stampe11

    I could also work out something with red-dot scopes, but delivery is approximately 4 weeks. Ranges are approximately 75 to 85 feet, angled from the hip, with custom darts.


    Cheers,
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator


    Posts : 538
    Join date : 2010-12-30
    Age : 24
    Location : Liverpool, NSW

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Empty Re: Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome!

    Post  Xoenz Fri May 06, 2011 3:22 pm

    clunk07 wrote:I currently am looking at performing commissions for Stampede's.

    16.8 v power increase
    9kg after-market spring
    Custom o-rings
    Plunger buffer/padding
    Custom paint job

    Here's two I've finished already, which may be up for sale, for the right price. PM me if you would like a quote, or to offer a price on either of these two:

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Stampe10

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Stampe11

    I could also work out something with red-dot scopes, but delivery is approximately 4 weeks. Ranges are approximately 75 to 85 feet, angled from the hip, with custom darts.


    Cheers,

    Damn that second paint-job looks so sexy :-)
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 41
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Empty Re: Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome!

    Post  clunk07 Fri May 06, 2011 3:32 pm

    Xoenz wrote:

    Damn that second paint-job looks so sexy :-)

    Thanks for that, the first one actually looks better, but the colours didn't come out real good on the camera. I'll take another picture when I finish work. I'm slowly improving with this painting game!! lol
    Kinetic Waffle
    Kinetic Waffle


    Posts : 108
    Join date : 2011-04-08
    Age : 30
    Location : 1008A/640 Swanston St, Carlton, Victoria, 3053

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Empty Re: Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome!

    Post  Kinetic Waffle Fri May 06, 2011 3:39 pm

    Dear god those look terrifyingly sexy. This really is going to come down to a matter of price, and trying to now weigh up whether or not I want a longshot or a stampede now. But if you're getting 85 feet with those, then... well, hell, that's pretty damn close to a longshot, except running automatic.

    Gah, decisions decisions, now I don't know what I want
    Kinetic Waffle
    Kinetic Waffle


    Posts : 108
    Join date : 2011-04-08
    Age : 30
    Location : 1008A/640 Swanston St, Carlton, Victoria, 3053

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Empty Re: Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome!

    Post  Kinetic Waffle Fri May 06, 2011 3:40 pm

    Actually, just out of curiousity, what do those ultimate-modded longshots on your threat get for range, under the same circumstances as one of those stampedes?
    Mozart
    Mozart


    Posts : 622
    Join date : 2011-04-24
    Age : 29
    Location : Burnie, TAS

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Empty Re: Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome!

    Post  Mozart Fri May 06, 2011 3:47 pm

    Clunk's LSs get 150'+.. He's a nutter!
    Kinetic Waffle
    Kinetic Waffle


    Posts : 108
    Join date : 2011-04-08
    Age : 30
    Location : 1008A/640 Swanston St, Carlton, Victoria, 3053

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Empty Re: Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome!

    Post  Kinetic Waffle Fri May 06, 2011 3:49 pm

    And as a third note, I actually have two button up t-shirts that perfectly match those guns. If I cut them in half at the back and stitched them together, I could totally duel-wield in epic Hawaiian style.
    Kinetic Waffle
    Kinetic Waffle


    Posts : 108
    Join date : 2011-04-08
    Age : 30
    Location : 1008A/640 Swanston St, Carlton, Victoria, 3053

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Empty Re: Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome!

    Post  Kinetic Waffle Fri May 06, 2011 3:49 pm

    ...also, that range is scary. Close up, those would hurt like a god damned paintball if it was weighted...
    Mozart
    Mozart


    Posts : 622
    Join date : 2011-04-24
    Age : 29
    Location : Burnie, TAS

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Empty Re: Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome!

    Post  Mozart Fri May 06, 2011 3:53 pm

    There's an edit button at the bottom of each post so you can edit your post, so you don't have to write a nee one man. People get in trouble for double posting ):
    Kinetic Waffle
    Kinetic Waffle


    Posts : 108
    Join date : 2011-04-08
    Age : 30
    Location : 1008A/640 Swanston St, Carlton, Victoria, 3053

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Empty Re: Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome!

    Post  Kinetic Waffle Fri May 06, 2011 3:57 pm

    Ah. Right. Will do >..>
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 41
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Empty Re: Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome!

    Post  clunk07 Sat May 07, 2011 12:58 am

    Kinetic Waffle wrote:Actually, just out of curiousity, what do those ultimate-modded longshots on your threat get for range, under the same circumstances as one of those stampedes?

    With the right darts, and a very minute angle, ranges are between 135 feet and 165 feet for my LongShot, and prices start at $180, plus freight. Check out the youtube video on my LS mod tutorial thread.

    The going rate for a Stampede is $150 unpainted, plus freight. That includes all the modifications mentioned above, as well as the Li-ion batteries, and a charger. I use slightly more expensive batteries, but I do have some of the standard ones on their way in the mail, and I also have a spare charger. I'd probably even do you a good deal with paint, and it's up to you if you'd like the batteries and charger provided, or purchase your own separately. Obviously, I include the 3 x 18 clips, and bipod, but I'd have to get a shield and paint it, if you want that as well. And, as I'm feeling generous, I'll throw in some stinger darts as well. I know you're deciding on what to do, just thought I'd put out a bit of a sales pitch!! If you like, I can make a video on the Stampede early next week, and host it on youtube.

    If you want a definite quote, just send me a PM. I'm reasonably negotiable, depending on your needs.

    I think you'd be best off with a Stampede to start with, and upgrade to a longshot down the track. That's just my opinion though. I also hope to have some Maverick's available for commission by the end of next week.

    We're probably better off handling this by PM, or you could email me on:

    clunk07@hotmail.com
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator


    Posts : 538
    Join date : 2010-12-30
    Age : 24
    Location : Liverpool, NSW

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Empty Re: Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome!

    Post  Xoenz Sat May 07, 2011 1:04 am

    clunk07 wrote:
    Kinetic Waffle wrote:Actually, just out of curiousity, what do those ultimate-modded longshots on your threat get for range, under the same circumstances as one of those stampedes?

    With the right darts, and a very minute angle, ranges are between 135 feet and 165 feet for my LongShot, and prices start at $180, plus freight. Check out the youtube video on my LS mod tutorial thread.

    The going rate for a Stampede is $150 unpainted, plus freight. That includes all the modifications mentioned above, as well as the Li-ion batteries, and a charger. I use slightly more expensive batteries, but I do have some of the standard ones on their way in the mail, and I also have a spare charger. I'd probably even do you a good deal with paint, and it's up to you if you'd like the batteries and charger provided, or purchase your own separately. Obviously, I include the 3 x 18 clips, and bipod, but I'd have to get a shield and paint it, if you want that as well. And, as I'm feeling generous, I'll throw in some stinger darts as well. I know you're deciding on what to do, just thought I'd put out a bit of a sales pitch!! If you like, I can make a video on the Stampede early next week, and host it on youtube.

    If you want a definite quote, just send me a PM. I'm reasonably negotiable, depending on your needs.

    I think you'd be best off with a Stampede to start with, and upgrade to a longshot down the track. That's just my opinion though. I also hope to have some Maverick's available for commission by the end of next week.

    We're probably better off handling this by PM, or you could email me on:

    clunk07@hotmail.com


    Mnm brass breeched LS.

    BUt hey, you should try 'Servulus' spring, its stronger than the BT 9kg spring by a few KG. It really packs a punch.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 41
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Empty Re: Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome!

    Post  clunk07 Sat May 07, 2011 1:13 am

    Xoenz wrote:

    Mnm brass breeched LS.

    BUt hey, you should try 'Servulus' spring, its stronger than the BT 9kg spring by a few KG. It really packs a punch.

    I have a 13kg SgNerf spring in one of my Stampede's. Although, I'm reluctant to offer this as an option for my commissions due to reliability issues, as it isn't the perfect fit that Servulus' spring is. It requires honing down the OD of the spring to fit in the plunger tube, which poses the threat of heating the spring excessively if not careful. End result, I lose some coin, and need to replace it - not so much of an issue for my personal blaster's, but a bit prohibitive with commissions.

    If Servulus were to offer some for sale, I would definitely be interested.
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator


    Posts : 538
    Join date : 2010-12-30
    Age : 24
    Location : Liverpool, NSW

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Empty Re: Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome!

    Post  Xoenz Sat May 07, 2011 1:18 am

    clunk07 wrote:
    Xoenz wrote:

    Mnm brass breeched LS.

    BUt hey, you should try 'Servulus' spring, its stronger than the BT 9kg spring by a few KG. It really packs a punch.

    I have a 13kg SgNerf spring in one of my Stampede's. Although, I'm reluctant to offer this as an option for my commissions due to reliability issues, as it isn't the perfect fit that Servulus' spring is. It requires honing down the OD of the spring to fit in the plunger tube, which poses the threat of heating the spring excessively if not careful. End result, I lose some coin, and need to replace it - not so much of an issue for my personal blaster's, but a bit prohibitive with commissions.

    If Servulus were to offer some for sale, I would definitely be interested.

    I do believe he is selling more than 1, he has HEAPS..
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 41
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Empty Re: Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome!

    Post  clunk07 Sat May 07, 2011 1:24 am

    Xoenz wrote:
    clunk07 wrote:
    Xoenz wrote:

    Mnm brass breeched LS.

    BUt hey, you should try 'Servulus' spring, its stronger than the BT 9kg spring by a few KG. It really packs a punch.

    I have a 13kg SgNerf spring in one of my Stampede's. Although, I'm reluctant to offer this as an option for my commissions due to reliability issues, as it isn't the perfect fit that Servulus' spring is. It requires honing down the OD of the spring to fit in the plunger tube, which poses the threat of heating the spring excessively if not careful. End result, I lose some coin, and need to replace it - not so much of an issue for my personal blaster's, but a bit prohibitive with commissions.

    If Servulus were to offer some for sale, I would definitely be interested.

    I do believe he is selling more than 1, he has HEAPS..

    Thanks, I'll see if he will consider it.

    Cheers,
    phuonguyen
    phuonguyen


    Posts : 231
    Join date : 2010-07-09
    Age : 29
    Location : Wishart, Brisbane, Queensland

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Empty Re: Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome!

    Post  phuonguyen Sat May 07, 2011 10:09 am

    @ OP.

    Please read the rules of the forum. They are located at the top of every forum as a global announcement.

    Strike 1 for double posting.

    Please add you correct age to your profile as per the rules.

    The LS and stampede both have very decent ranges due to their internals being direct plungered (you'll pick up the terminology).
    A stampede would probably be the better for a new player due to the idiot-proof how to use, the stampede offers.

    Batteries + clip + trigger pull = working stampede.

    To get decent ranges from the LS it takes a bit more effort, with different breeches and barrels.
    Kinetic Waffle
    Kinetic Waffle


    Posts : 108
    Join date : 2011-04-08
    Age : 30
    Location : 1008A/640 Swanston St, Carlton, Victoria, 3053

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Empty Re: Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome!

    Post  Kinetic Waffle Sat May 07, 2011 5:09 pm

    Thanks for that. Sorry about the double posting, I'll go get myself familiar with the forum rules and fill in my age. Sorry for stepping on some toes!

    Anyway, thanks also for the advice. Already decided on a stampede. Hoping for her to be a very fancy one. Longshot for once I know what I'm doing.
    willster528
    willster528


    Posts : 5
    Join date : 2011-05-28
    Age : 22
    Location : Aus

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Empty Stampede Price

    Post  willster528 Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:09 am

    Much for the stampede with the custom paint
    and just a plain stampede
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser


    Posts : 2533
    Join date : 2009-07-07
    Age : 29
    Location : Brisbane Boi!

    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Empty Re: Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome!

    Post  littlebro05 Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:21 am

    Please don't bump old threads. Thanks.

    Sponsored content


    Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome! Empty Re: Buying Modded Stampede- Advice welcome!

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:34 am