Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Calendar Calendar


+4
Synergie
clunk07
Mozart
littlebro05
8 posters

    Nuts idea.

    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Nuts idea. Empty Nuts idea.

    Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 7:52 am

    This is probably in the wrong section, So I apologise to the mods as it is only semi-nerf related.
    (Its only in the planning stages

    I have a mini-laptop and i was thinking that I could make a program to make the twin guns from aliens, Parts will not be hard to source nor will the programming, I'll probably give into my utter dislike for modding for the sake of coolness and power. My question to all of you is which nerf will be best to use. I was thinking either Vulcans or Stampedes.

    Any input would help?

    It would work like this
    Security Camera (Dicksmith)mounted in between both if camera turns on(I.E starts recording)a second device device the depresses trigger.








    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser


    Posts : 2533
    Join date : 2009-07-07
    Age : 29
    Location : Brisbane Boi!

    Nuts idea. Empty Re: Nuts idea.

    Post  littlebro05 Wed May 18, 2011 8:05 am

    Was this some relevant to the sentry gun? It would be quite interesting actually.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Nuts idea. Empty Re: Nuts idea.

    Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 8:25 am

    Yes sorry, I didn't make that clear that hardest part will be making a mount.
    Mozart
    Mozart


    Posts : 622
    Join date : 2011-04-24
    Age : 29
    Location : Burnie, TAS

    Nuts idea. Empty Re: Nuts idea.

    Post  Mozart Wed May 18, 2011 8:28 am

    It would be awesome to see a fully remote turret blaster, that you could control from anywhere through the internet. Vulcan(s) would be a must, with like, thirty belts attached to each other, so it was one continual belt. Lots of shots!
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Nuts idea. Empty Re: Nuts idea.

    Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 8:32 am

    Yes i could control it from anywhere or have it automated or both ...simple computer "IF" statment covers that.
    As for the belts just a weight issue 3 or 4 with a high mount boxs could work.


    Last edited by Nerftastic on Wed May 18, 2011 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser


    Posts : 2533
    Join date : 2009-07-07
    Age : 29
    Location : Brisbane Boi!

    Nuts idea. Empty Re: Nuts idea.

    Post  littlebro05 Wed May 18, 2011 8:32 am

    I reckon it would be a GREAT idea for stock wars too. However, I would set them up as 'traps'. Because, unless you figure out a way for the vulcan not to friendly fire LOL>
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Nuts idea. Empty Re: Nuts idea.

    Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 8:36 am

    littlebro05 wrote:I reckon it would be a GREAT idea for stock wars too. However, I would set them up as 'traps'. Because, unless you figure out a way for the vulcan not to friendly fire LOL>

    This can too be programmed but way more complicated.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 41
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Nuts idea. Empty Re: Nuts idea.

    Post  clunk07 Wed May 18, 2011 8:44 am

    Something similar to this maybe, but x 2...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGRBjCrnjhs

    Personally, I'd go for Stampede's, but the issue would be limitation of rounds.

    Vulcans obviously would be a better option for ammo count, but a major issue would be how wide the entire unit would be. You'll need fairly big ammo boxes mounted on either side, for feed of live belts, and receivership of empty belts - otherwise you'll strip the feed gears with belts that are too long/heavy. This would make the entire unit fairly heavy, requiring a decent sized servo for pan/tilt.

    I'm not saying it isn't possible, not at all. I'm rather interested in the whole concept as well.

    Good Luck!
    Synergie
    Synergie


    Posts : 232
    Join date : 2010-12-27
    Age : 30
    Location : Lugarno, Sydney, NSW

    Nuts idea. Empty Re: Nuts idea.

    Post  Synergie Wed May 18, 2011 8:45 am

    Been done: Heat-seeking , Image recognition and I think I have seen someone on this site with a mobile Sentry gun (robot).
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Nuts idea. Empty Re: Nuts idea.

    Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 8:50 am

    That's just encouraging me to do a twin set-up+custom spring and all that.
    mull
    mull


    Posts : 222
    Join date : 2010-09-18
    Age : 36
    Location : Inner Western Suburbs, Victoria

    Nuts idea. Empty Re: Nuts idea.

    Post  mull Wed May 18, 2011 9:03 am

    Mozart wrote:It would be awesome to see a fully remote turret blaster, that you could control from anywhere through the internet. Vulcan(s) would be a must, with like, thirty belts attached to each other, so it was one continual belt. Lots of shots!
    Well, there are those USB missile launchers that have an online control and webcam feature.
    Since the software has been made, all you have to deal with is salvage and modify the circuits, and upgrading the motor and power supply to get it working on a much heavier piece of equipment.

    The only problem is lag.
    Kinetic Waffle
    Kinetic Waffle


    Posts : 108
    Join date : 2011-04-08
    Age : 30
    Location : 1008A/640 Swanston St, Carlton, Victoria, 3053

    Nuts idea. Empty Re: Nuts idea.

    Post  Kinetic Waffle Wed May 18, 2011 9:09 am

    Synergie wrote:Been done: Heat-seeking , Image recognition and I think I have seen someone on this site with a mobile Sentry gun (robot).

    As with any of these blasters, the thing that would be key is making a REALLY large ammo belt size. More the merrier.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Nuts idea. Empty Re: Nuts idea.

    Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 9:09 am

    Yes lag will be an issue but the AWESOME factor over rides this cheers MULL i dont think it would be hard to butcher.
    mull
    mull


    Posts : 222
    Join date : 2010-09-18
    Age : 36
    Location : Inner Western Suburbs, Victoria

    Nuts idea. Empty Re: Nuts idea.

    Post  mull Wed May 18, 2011 10:24 am

    I've thought about that about 2 years ago, but didn't proceed with it, as I couldn't see a purpose for it in my current life situation.

    Locked room, computer off, no one else in the household.
    ie. Sentry won't work, and there's no targets anyways.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Nuts idea. Empty Re: Nuts idea.

    Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 10:32 am

    I work in and office where 2 things matter cube wars and harmless pranks.....I would love to set up office pwnage while at lunch.
    My boss is awesome his rule is be at your desk during work hours you can stuff about so long as come friday your s**t is done or work sat for free.


    Last edited by Nerftastic on Wed May 18, 2011 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mozart
    Mozart


    Posts : 622
    Join date : 2011-04-24
    Age : 29
    Location : Burnie, TAS

    Nuts idea. Empty Re: Nuts idea.

    Post  Mozart Wed May 18, 2011 10:41 am

    Hahaa! That's so sweet, so you all have mad Nerf wars between cubicles, all the time? That's awesome.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Nuts idea. Empty Re: Nuts idea.

    Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 10:45 am

    Not all the time but fridays get bad after 3pm-office shut down to new in coming work..and we get a beer delivery if we all (The entire office) meets that weeks deadlines. We have a good team that pitches in to help us all meet it.
    Benjiman
    Benjiman


    Posts : 26
    Join date : 2011-05-12
    Age : 31
    Location : Geelong, Vic

    Nuts idea. Empty Re: Nuts idea.

    Post  Benjiman Wed May 18, 2011 11:39 am

    Nerftastic wrote:Not all the time but fridays get bad after 3pm-office shut down to new in coming work..and we get a beer delivery if we all (The entire office) meets that weeks deadlines. We have a good team that pitches in to help us all meet it.

    Reminds me of my job, its quite funny really when I saw the nerf office war video on youtube because come 7pm friday it really is Sales Vs our Tech support as we are the only guys open past that hour.

    Granted I'm the only one in sales that has even the slightest engineering bone in his body so its Ben and his modded blaster with the rest of Sales stock guns v Tech support and the entire leigion (spelling?) of heavily modded blasters.
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott


    Posts : 327
    Join date : 2011-05-10
    Age : 32
    Location : Ipswich, QLD

    Nuts idea. Empty Re: Nuts idea.

    Post  mister_elliott Wed May 18, 2011 12:26 pm

    Nerftastic wrote:Yes lag will be an issue but the AWESOME factor over rides this cheers MULL i dont think it would be hard to butcher.

    You can't really butcher processing speed into a system.

    I've put alot of thought into claymore-type nerf mines. Motion senor -> actuator -> Titan internals -> multiple short, spreaded barrels. Alternatively several of those spring party poppers crammed with darts.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 41
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Nuts idea. Empty Re: Nuts idea.

    Post  clunk07 Wed May 18, 2011 6:46 pm

    Benjiman wrote:
    Nerftastic wrote:Not all the time but fridays get bad after 3pm-office shut down to new in coming work..and we get a beer delivery if we all (The entire office) meets that weeks deadlines. We have a good team that pitches in to help us all meet it.

    Reminds me of my job, its quite funny really when I saw the nerf office war video on youtube because come 7pm friday it really is Sales Vs our Tech support as we are the only guys open past that hour.

    Granted I'm the only one in sales that has even the slightest engineering bone in his body so its Ben and his modded blaster with the rest of Sales stock guns v Tech support and the entire leigion (spelling?) of heavily modded blasters.

    Mate, you'll need to do a "sales pitch" to your sales team. I can hook them up with some modded blaster's!! lol

    Sponsored content


    Nuts idea. Empty Re: Nuts idea.

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:58 pm