Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Calendar Calendar


+8
bulletproofvest
RL
clunk07
plulse
Brunius
monk1junk1
LostBoy
Photo Ninja
12 posters

    Largest Nerf war

    Photo Ninja
    Photo Ninja


    Posts : 159
    Join date : 2011-03-26
    Age : 25
    Location : Ipswich, Queensland

    Largest Nerf war Empty Largest Nerf war

    Post  Photo Ninja Sat May 21, 2011 5:07 am

    Hey guys,
    I have an idea. I think we should set the record for the largest nerf war.We should apply and try to set a record and see if we qualify.
    Who thinks we should have something like this??
    LostBoy
    LostBoy


    Posts : 546
    Join date : 2010-06-28
    Age : 23
    Location : Melbourne. Victoria

    Largest Nerf war Empty Re: Largest Nerf war

    Post  LostBoy Sat May 21, 2011 5:38 am

    That sounds like a good idea.
    monk1junk1
    monk1junk1


    Posts : 26
    Join date : 2011-06-30
    Age : 24
    Location : Brissy

    Largest Nerf war Empty Re: Largest Nerf war

    Post  monk1junk1 Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:57 pm

    Yeah, except for the fact that alot of us are either too young to afford plane tickets to fly to a nerfing war site together or are too busy with jobs. It's a nice idea in concept, but in reality not really.... But it would be cool.. If only...


    Last edited by monk1junk1 on Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    Brunius


    Posts : 312
    Join date : 2010-10-30
    Age : 25
    Location : Emerald, Victoria, Australia

    Largest Nerf war Empty Re: Largest Nerf war

    Post  Brunius Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:08 pm

    monk1junk1 wrote:yeah, except for the fact that alot of us are either to young to afford plane tickets to fly to a nerfing war site together or are to busy with REAL jobs. it's a nice idea in concept, but in reality not really.... but it would be cool.. if only...

    Mate, have you EVER paid attention in English class?

    And if you have a "real" job, then you get annual leave.
    plulse
    plulse


    Posts : 31
    Join date : 2011-02-27
    Age : 23
    Location : QLD

    Largest Nerf war Empty Re: Largest Nerf war

    Post  plulse Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:12 pm

    sounds like a great idea but i think you'll have trouble getting enough people there but give it a try i'll try to come if you go ahead
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 41
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Largest Nerf war Empty Re: Largest Nerf war

    Post  clunk07 Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:57 pm

    Actually, you'd be surprised at the amount of "real" jobs that don't have entitlements such as annual leave/sick leave etc.

    Also, alot of work places have annual leave during school holiday period's booked out years in advance. (I'm assuming the aim would be to hold this during a school holiday break period)

    Cheers,
    RL
    RL


    Posts : 697
    Join date : 2010-09-27
    Age : 31
    Location : Sydney

    Largest Nerf war Empty Re: Largest Nerf war

    Post  RL Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:04 pm

    Brunius wrote:
    monk1junk1 wrote:yeah, except for the fact that alot of us are either to young to afford plane tickets to fly to a nerfing war site together or are to busy with REAL jobs. it's a nice idea in concept, but in reality not really.... but it would be cool.. if only...

    Mate, have you EVER paid attention in English class?

    And if you have a "real" job, then you get annual leave.

    Give this guy a break, the only thing he spelled incorrectly was "to" (albeit a few times) and not splitting "a lot". Anyway you wouldn't want anyone being so pedantic on your spelling.

    --------

    This would be a good idea, if it were in Sydney Maybe like 'biggest nerf gathering' or something.
    avatar
    Brunius


    Posts : 312
    Join date : 2010-10-30
    Age : 25
    Location : Emerald, Victoria, Australia

    Largest Nerf war Empty Re: Largest Nerf war

    Post  Brunius Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:07 pm

    2120 wrote:
    Brunius wrote:
    monk1junk1 wrote:yeah, except for the fact that alot of us are either to young to afford plane tickets to fly to a nerfing war site together or are to busy with REAL jobs. it's a nice idea in concept, but in reality not really.... but it would be cool.. if only...

    Mate, have you EVER paid attention in English class?

    And if you have a "real" job, then you get annual leave.

    Give this guy a break, the only thing he spelled incorrectly was "to" (albeit a few times) and not splitting "a lot". Anyway you wouldn't want anyone being so pedantic on your spelling.

    --------

    This would be a good idea, if it were in Sydney Maybe like 'biggest nerf gathering' or something.

    I'm not referring to his spelling. I'm referring to the fact that ONE of his 9 posts so far has had capital letters.
    monk1junk1
    monk1junk1


    Posts : 26
    Join date : 2011-06-30
    Age : 24
    Location : Brissy

    Largest Nerf war Empty Re: Largest Nerf war

    Post  monk1junk1 Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:15 pm

    Brunius wrote:
    monk1junk1 wrote:yeah, except for the fact that alot of us are either to young to afford plane tickets to fly to a nerfing war site together or are to busy with REAL jobs. it's a nice idea in concept, but in reality not really.... but it would be cool.. if only...

    Mate, have you EVER paid attention in English class?

    And if you have a "real" job, then you get annual leave.

    I'm fine with you criticizing me, but if you do could you please point out where it is i have gone wrong? I have attempted to fix my mistakes in this post and will endeavor to write more appropriately in future posts, but please don't just say "Don't you ever pay attention?". i hope we are able to get past this.
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest


    Posts : 508
    Join date : 2010-05-29
    Age : 26
    Location : Adelaide Hills

    Largest Nerf war Empty Re: Largest Nerf war

    Post  bulletproofvest Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:17 pm

    Brunius wrote:
    2120 wrote:
    Brunius wrote:
    monk1junk1 wrote:yeah, except for the fact that alot of us are either to young to afford plane tickets to fly to a nerfing war site together or are to busy with REAL jobs. it's a nice idea in concept, but in reality not really.... but it would be cool.. if only...

    Mate, have you EVER paid attention in English class?

    And if you have a "real" job, then you get annual leave.

    Give this guy a break, the only thing he spelled incorrectly was "to" (albeit a few times) and not splitting "a lot". Anyway you wouldn't want anyone being so pedantic on your spelling.

    --------

    This would be a good idea, if it were in Sydney Maybe like 'biggest nerf gathering' or something.

    I'm not referring to his spelling. I'm referring to the fact that ONE of his 9 posts so far has had capital letters.

    Your point is....? Don't bother BSM'ing
    Wasn't that annual war (I forgot what it was called) meant to be the biggest event?
    Mohrlock
    Mohrlock
    War Organiser
    War Organiser


    Posts : 109
    Join date : 2010-04-10
    Age : 38
    Location : Western Australia

    Largest Nerf war Empty Re: Largest Nerf war

    Post  Mohrlock Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:51 am

    bulletproofvest wrote:
    Your point is....? Don't bother BSM'ing
    Wasn't that annual war (I forgot what it was called) meant to be the biggest event?

    You mean Reign of Foam, right? It depends how many turned up We've had close to 40 at our largest events here in W.A.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser


    Posts : 2533
    Join date : 2009-07-07
    Age : 29
    Location : Brisbane Boi!

    Largest Nerf war Empty Re: Largest Nerf war

    Post  littlebro05 Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:55 am

    Our best was 36 people last year. We soon got up to 41 people from the HvZ event a few months ago. We average from 20-30 at central wars and 8 - 12 unfortunately at south side and north side wars. Predominantly, there are more Northsiders than southsiders as most of the central war players are from the north of Brisbane.
    KingCam
    KingCam


    Posts : 832
    Join date : 2010-03-24
    Age : 35
    Location : Lilydale,Melbourne,Victoria

    Largest Nerf war Empty Re: Largest Nerf war

    Post  KingCam Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:11 am

    littlebro05 wrote:Our best was 36 people last year. We soon got up to 41 people from the HvZ event a few months ago. We average from 20-30 at central wars and 8 - 12 unfortunately at south side and north side wars. Predominantly, there are more Northsiders than southsiders as most of the central war players are from the north of Brisbane.

    On Sunday we had 57 people turn up to Human Vs Zombies.
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia


    Posts : 457
    Join date : 2010-07-20
    Age : 28
    Location : Willeton, Perth, WA

    Largest Nerf war Empty Re: Largest Nerf war

    Post  Swatsonia Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:17 am

    HvZ is a completely different kettle of fish, however.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser


    Posts : 2533
    Join date : 2009-07-07
    Age : 29
    Location : Brisbane Boi!

    Largest Nerf war Empty Re: Largest Nerf war

    Post  littlebro05 Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:21 am

    No need to flaunt it Cam! The HvZ community down in Melbourne always has seemed to be a large one compared to 'general warring'. MAINLY because all you need to do is buy a Nerf Blaster from the store, and you're already ready to go. Whereas at wars, you have to go through the process of modifying them in order to compete with others.

    That's why I did the 'Speed Foam Warfare', where stock guns are still able to compete since the cover is nicely close to gether, but it does help if you have power and velocity in your darts.

    Sponsored content


    Largest Nerf war Empty Re: Largest Nerf war

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:51 am