Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+26
camo1010
Nooft1187
Arkham
RL
Unknown
killerbunny
Kinetic Waffle
Rictus
mull
Dietzie
oxymoron
phuonguyen
Ungodlyfreak
mister_elliott
CaptainSurprise
jacko1120
littlebro05
TheTrueMcMuffin
Mozart
boosted6
Psykka
TheBradl3s
clunk07
Xoenz
makeitgo
30 posters

How powerful is your blaster?

killerbunny
    killerbunny

How powerful is your blaster? - Page 3 Empty Re: How powerful is your blaster?

Post  killerbunny Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:53 am

My NF Is brass barrelled vacuum loading. with c-836 spring and the darts did have a bit of oil on them. my friend has a video of me firing down the testing thing at the science centre... I'll do a range test now. I'll be back.
    Arkham
    Arkham

Post  Arkham Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:17 am

All your calcs are wrong..two words Chuck Norris..LOL
    @MIG you need to warn people about possible brain explosion when reading this is the A.M. lol good work mate like the write up
    Nooft1187
    Nooft1187

How powerful is your blaster? - Page 3 Empty Muzzel velocity

Post  Nooft1187 Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:05 am

I dont want to discredit your hard work but I've seen a singled home made with an aur tank nearly twice the size of a titans filled to 90 psi radar tested and it only did 246 fps. I'd post a picture of said blaster but for its questionable legality.
    makeitgo
    makeitgo

Post  makeitgo Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:11 pm

I don't see how this discredits my work. According to its 246 fps, it has a range of ~137.76 feet. I can see, theoretically, that the homemade should be more powerful. However, with homemades, many factors can influence a blasters efficiency from one model to the next. In particular, is the air release. Most homemades incorporate a 'ball valve' which releases air relatively slowly. Completely dependent on the users ability to twist it open quickly. In this case, the size of the air tank is irrelevant after a certain size.

There are many more factors that can influence a blasters' efficiency but that's not what this thread is about. It's about obtaining it's average velocity according to it average range.

Nooft1187 wrote:I dont want to discredit your hard work but I've seen a singled home made with an aur tank nearly twice the size of a titans filled to 90 psi radar tested and it only did 246 fps. I'd post a picture of said blaster but for its questionable legality.
    Nooft1187
    Nooft1187

Post  Nooft1187 Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:30 am

makeitgo wrote:I don't see how this discredits my work. According to its 246 fps, it has a range of ~137.76 feet. I can see, theoretically, that the homemade should be more powerful. However, with homemades, many factors can influence a blasters efficiency from one model to the next. In particular, is the air release. Most homemades incorporate a 'ball valve' which releases air relatively slowly. Completely dependent on the users ability to twist it open quickly. In this case, the size of the air tank is irrelevant after a certain size.

There are many more factors that can influence a blasters' efficiency but that's not what this thread is about. It's about obtaining it's average velocity according to it average range.

Nooft1187 wrote:I dont want to discredit your hard work but I've seen a singled home made with an aur tank nearly twice the size of a titans filled to 90 psi radar tested and it only did 246 fps. I'd post a picture of said blaster but for its questionable legality.

It was using a sprinkler valve but not really important.
    I'm sory for shooting my mouth without fully understanding.
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:52 pm

My BBLS sticks heavies into cardboard @30m.
    RetfirDMX
    RetfirDMX

Post  RetfirDMX Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:10 pm

Can we figure out by stepping backwards from a desired average travel velocity, what parts/spring(s) we need? seems like if you knew the speed you wanted, you could find the air volume movement required to accelerate the dart in a certain length barrel to that speed. from that point, calculate using plunger volume and required psi to push that volume at said airspeed, then the spring force from that, and then load handling neccesary to not have the blaster explode in one's hands?

I ask because I want to hit some crazy range flat with my brassed longshot.
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:31 am

i have actually wanted to buy a chronograph, so i can test the power of all my blasters. But for now that is just another in that wish list that will most likely never be bought. But if i did get one i could answer this exact question.
    dandaldaks
    dandaldaks

Post  dandaldaks Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:53 am

Is it just me or is thread just a mathematics fap session??? i can has quote
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:58 am

dandaldaks wrote:Is it just me or is thread just a mathematics fap session??? i can has quote

It is just me or are you necroing a 4 month old thread for no reason. Please don't do it again.
    dandaldaks
    dandaldaks

Post  dandaldaks Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:58 pm

Shit sorry, i havent been here for a while and it appeared on my latest topics list

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:01 am