YES, this is the first day of the school holidays so I'd like to see you come up with an excuse now,
Where: Hurstville Heritage Park, Lugarno. Navigate yourself to Forest Road, Gannons Park is in a sidestreet called Boatwright Avenue, there are other entrances to Gannons Park but they will leave you VERY far away, get yourself to HERE and you're bound to see him and his car. He suggests you get the location of this Street View image in Google Maps and use that to get directions to the war location.
A suggestion you could make to your parents who may be driving you down here is heading up to the Bowling Club which borders onto Gannons Park, while you play Nerf, you're parents could be dining up at the club, therefore turning a pointless 30minute/1hour drive into a day out for your parents.
General Rules & Guidelines:
Whether Synergie calls himself an "admin" or an "organiser", his job is to arrange a day for the war and try guide participants through games, that said, he is always open to suggestions and happy to have others come on board to run games. He is an easy going person, but he likes having "somewhat" organised games
- If you are hit by a dart in ANY part of the body, you are OUT. Call out "HIT", like paintball and return to your respawn point.
- If your gun is hit, you are OUT (Gun Hit)
- If you hit someone and they continue to play, call them out.
- Don't cheat in general, it's a game of tag.
- Don't argue with the person who calls a hit on you.
- Report to one of the organisers about a possible cheater and we will monitor them to see if they continue to do so.
- Eye Protection is a must, you only have two eyes, try to keep them intact!
- You are NOT allowed to pick up darts when you are dead or ‘tagged’. You can pick up darts when you are alive.
Greets to littlebro as some the rules stated here are his.
- Melee weapons are allowed IF it is made from very soft foam. If you are to meet or sneak on a player and you have no weapon, just place your hand on there shoulder to say I’ve got you.
- Plugged weapons are banned.
- Use common sense when considering engagement distances, don't fire point-blank to the face or neck.
2-2:30pm Lunch Break
Food: Since this finishes at 4pm, you have the option of eating beforehand, or we could walk over to the local Soccer Club's Canteen, it closes at 4pm and provides sausages and chicken from the BBQ and many chocolates, chips and drinks. In addition, I'll have a big esky packed with ice to put any drinks or food you might have.
I will designate a 30minute break time at 2pm to 2:30pm, don't bugger off for food at other times, if we all go during this time we will minimize disruptions in between other games.
- Team Deathmatch
- Capture the Flag
- Free for All
- Pistols-only Variants
- VIP Escort
- Search & Destory aka Counter-Strike's "Defuse" maps aka Plant the bomb.
Games will be 10minutes in length. In the case of TDM and FFA games, teams will have 5 minutes of respawns after which, will be Sudden Death.
Confirmed Attendees: Echoes, Synergie, longstrikeguy, longstrikeguy's +2, Tony, Tony's +1, aidenlemans, Viewpoint, Viewpoint's +1, Dan, BlitzKrieg Squad (4), yeahryan, yeahryan's +2, Akimboassassin
Maybes: longstrikeguy's +1, iamlome, SydneyNerfer, yeahryan's +1, bakabill, bakabill's +2
Okay guys, Dart hire is definitely going to happen tomorrow. Details are as follows:
- For this war, and this war only, Dart Hire will cost $5. It is an optional payment.
- Paying me $5 will get you access to the box full of darts at the beginning of the round, and allow you load up your magazines at the beginning of each round.
- Not paying means you will not be able to begin the round with a full compliment of my darts, and will only be able to scavenge them after those that hired them have fired them off.
- End of round dart pick ups will see all darts returned to the box
- My darts will be marked with the letters "SFW" - Which stands for Sydney Foam Warfare. I reserve the right to take any darts that bear this marking. So please, don't use these letters if you want to keep your blue foam silitip darts
- Subsequent wars will see a full $10 charge for dart hire, but more details will be added as the date of the war approaches.
Last edited by Echoes on Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:33 am; edited 26 times in total