Only 70-75% of your team will be on the field. Respawn rules are that when someone 'is shot', they must return to base and swap with the next person who is waiting in line for their 'turn'. When they reach the respawn point, they must tag the next person in line back into the game. Obviously, one factor for calling it 'speed' is because you must return to base as quickly as possible to get your team going. (Note: If there is large numbers - this rule will apply)
Being a small playing field, you have to be quick on your feet. Staying in one place may results in a charge or rush causing a massacre (if there are a few in the same spot). It is recommended to split up to run to complete the objective while supporting your team mates through coverfire, distraction and division.
Here is a sample of what the battlefield will look like. Yes it has changed since I have more tarps and stakes. Each short tarp placed vertically is incremented in 10metre lengths. The field will be slightly longer lengthways, the width will stay the same. 40metres by 20metres
McCaskie Park, Blamey Street, Kelvin Grove, Queensland, 4059
Dart Hire (compulsory)
Provided by littlebro05 - $10 per person.
- Darts will include, weighted snap cap darts and silicone tips.
Dart Blaster Hire (optional)
Provided by littlebro05:
Updates on Gun Hire:
For those who have friends who don't have a blaster or if you bring a blaster and it isnt' up to your standard you can hire the following the blasters I will only be bringing a few though.
For $15 - You get Furyfire
-> Dart Hire
-> Ten Round Capacity
Dart Purchase (optional)
It is available after the war, you will get a mixture of silicone and snap cap darts. It will cost you $10 extra per person to get 100 darts. Then if you want more darts (per person) it will cost you $20 per 100 darts. If you have a friend, it will be better to split the cost if you want 200.
General Warring Rules and Etiquette
1. If you are hit by a dart in ANY part of the body, you are OUT (Hit)
2. If your gun is hit, you are OUT (Gun Hit)
3. If you hit someone and they continue to play, call them out.
4. Don't cheat in general, it's a game of tag.
5. Don't argue with the person who calls a hit on you.
6. Report to one of the organisers about a possible cheater and we will monitor them to see if they continue to do so.
7. Minimum engagement range = 2-3metres | For Air Blasters it’s 8metres
(NOTE: If the person charges YOU, you are able to shoot them at a close engagement range. However, if you charge at them - you will be given a warning)
8. Range Limit of 120ft (40’ish metres) - Big Blasts and Titans are banned.
9. EYE PROTECTION IS MANDATORY (You will most definitely need it in this war as the darts are flying at a higher velocity than HvZ blasters)
10. Melee weapons are allowed IF it is made from very soft foam. If you are to meet or sneak on a player and you have no weapon, just place your hand on there should to say I’ve got you. This is to avoid close shooting encounters from high end blasters
11. You are NOT allowed to pick up darts when you are dead or ‘tagged’. You can pick up darts when you are alive.
12. In case of a situation where both players have shot each other near or at the same time – this is a double kill. Both players must return to the safe zone / or respawn point.
13. When you are shot – you are NOT allowed to communicate with other players. Dead people can’t talk.
14. If children or anybody walks across the field, please halt your fire and screamout 'STOP' and continue the chain to yelling until the kids or other people are off to the field.
15. Please don't take the game too literally and get to serious about it. Nor boast about how good you are, no one likes arrogance or someone who is taking it way seriously. Be casual about it, it's just a game and we're here to have some fun.
1. Team Deathmatch (Elimination) - Only a few rounds
2. Capture the Flag
4. Retrieve and Retain - A new game type that may last up to an hour of solid gameplay!
5. Defend and Destroy - Please bring missiles or vortex howlers for this.
6. Army of Two - Can you survive the longest with yourself and your partner Smile
7. Pistol Round combined with CTF / Retrieve and Retain / Defend and Destroy - MAKE SURE YOU BRING SINGLE SHOT PISTOL SIZED BLASTERS
PISTOL SIZED BLASTERS INCLUDE:
1. Wipeout Pistol
8. X-Shot Pistol
9. Tek One
10. Recon WITHOUT Stock or Barrel attachment (even though those bits are useless anyway - just trying to run with the hand gun only theme)
11. Scout IX-3
12. Speedload 6
13. Dart Tag Gun (Hyperfire)
14. Element EX-6
15. Dart Tag Sharpshot
16. Tech Target Pistol
- Big Blasts
- Air guns that have a 40cm + barrel
- Blasters that shoot 40metres flat (i.e. can make it from one side to the field to the other by aiming it 'flat').
- If in between game breaks and you are you 'popping of shots', ONLY shoot within the field as we do not want accidents happening by accidentally shooting a non player.
- If you arrive early, please help set up. Bring a mallet. I will print out the format of where the stakes should be hammered,
- At the end of the day, stay AT LEAST until all the darts have been sweeped off the field and all the tarps have been taken down. I will give instructions at the end of the day.
- EYE PROTECTION IS MANDATORY, IF YOU GOT NONE - YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO PARTICIPATE
- If there is about 24 or more people. We will be splitting you up into three teams for the sake of easy management. Each team bout will consist of three rounds before rotating. NON PLAYERS must help REFEREE for any rule breaking, this means the team who is not participating in this round must stand on the outside of the battlefield to monitor anyone who has been hit to call them out if they do not notice. This will help the game run more smoothly.
- If this is your first time attending a war, please bring a blaster (and a spare one) that has AT LEAST the AR removal, these darts will not fire effectively if you have not at least done that modification. Use google, if you need help.
A list of attendees. If you are willing or might be participating in this war, REPLY to this thread stating the following. Age, any extra friends who are coming and Arsenal of EACH player. Arsenals included modifications on the blaster. Our age limit here is 11YO.
- littlebro05 (Age 19), Arsenal - RSCB'd Triple Shot (100ft) + NiteFinder (80ft) (overhauled) [Used for pistol rounds also]
- littlebro05 cousin (Age 15) Arsenal - Quadshot + Furyfire
- mister_elliot (Age 22), Arsenal - BB LongShot (120ft) + Spectre 50-60ft (pistol round use).
- inf0rm3r (Age 21), Arsenal - Longshot (80ft) OR Stampede (65ft) + Furyfire OR StormFire (pistol round use)
- vest4R (Age 15), Arsenal - Longshot (80ft) + Nitefinder (80ft) (pistol round use)
- Photo Ninja (Age 15), Arsenal - Shot Blast (100ft-120ft) + Nitefinder 50-60ft (pistol round use)
- Smeghead (Age 15), Arsenal - BBUMB RSCB'd OR breeched + Nitefinder 50-60ft (pistol round use)
- heist (Age 24), Arsenal - Longshot (60ft-80ft) OR Recon (50-60ft) + Stormfire (50-60ft) OR Tech Target (40-50ft) (pistol round use)
- jo nerf (Age 13), Arsenal - Longshot (50ft) + Nitefinder w/ SSPB integration (60ft w/ 30ft) (pistol round use)
- jo nerf + 1 (Age 13), Arsenal - ??
- lefty (Age ??), Arsenal - BBLS OR RSCB'd BBUMB (120ft) + Nitefinder (pistol round use)
- modops101 (Age ??), Arsenal - RSCB'd Triple Shot (100ft) + Nitefinder (pistol round use)
- lefty + 1 (Age ??), Arsenal - Longshot (60-80ft) + Nitefinder (pistol round use)
- plulse (Age 13), Arsenal - Inlined Clipped / Shotgunned / Breech Handcannon (100ft)+ Nitefinder w/ 6 turret Mav speedloader (60-80ft) (pistol round use)
- plulse + 1 (Age 13), Arsenal - Inline Clipped Handcannon (100ft) + Nitefinder (60-80ft)
- SnowDragon (Age 19) Arsenal - Longshot (60-80ft) OR Shot Blast (100ft) + Furyfire (pistol round use)
- DesertKind (Age 15) Arsenal - Longshot (60-80ft) + Nitefinder
- acerised (Age 17) Arsenal - RSCB'D TS (100ft) + NiteFinder
- mavrick man (Age 13) Arsenal - Everything LOL
- mavrick man's Dad's Arsenal - Everything again <,<
- mavrick man's mate (Age 13) - Recon
- mavrick man's friend (Age 13) - Something..
- Madmatty (Age 20), Arsenal - Recon AR Removed (50ft-60ft) + Maverick (30ft-40ft) (pistol round use)
- David&Sam + 2 more, Arsenal - RSCB'd Triple Shots (100ft)
- Door_Beatle (Age 16) Arsenal - ??
- UtahR (Age 31) Arsenal - ??
- pez7 (Age 13) Arsenal - Stampede (35-50ft) + NF (35ft)
- pez7 Dad (Age 18+) Arsenal - ??
Last Months Attendes - 21 people (soem people missing in photo aye inf0rm3r and oxy, heheheheahahaha)
heist Drink Sales!
Are you too lazy to walk across the shopping centre to buy yourself a drink? heist is the man for you! He will be selling cans of soda for $1 each. You read right! $1 each. Available throughout the course of the day.
Last edited by littlebro05 on Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:41 pm; edited 20 times in total