The name is Fuzzy Bunny, I'm 25, live around the Brisbane area, work full time, and Nerf on weekends...
I have had Nerf blasters for some time now, but my collection was rather limited, as all I ever used them for was random target practice in my room. About 6 months ago, a guy that lives in the same apartment complex bought a blaster, and invited a bunch of his friends around for a "Nerf war", I saw them getting set-up, quickly introduced myself, and asked to join... Since then we have had a game almost every weekend, with a few regulars and plenty of random people coming and going. Needless to say: it wasn't long before the regulars wanted "more power", so we all started doing basic mods on our blasters, and we enjoyed it so much that we started buying different models to see the internal differences, design potentials, and just for the challenge...
I am now at the stage where I must have clocked up hundreds of hours worth of research on not only the Nerf range but other brands, and homemades as well. I want to start doing more complex mods.
With the experience, and knowledge I have gained over the last 6 months, I have some pretty big ideas, and many "ambitious" projects that I would like to undertake... To be honest with you, I really don't want to go at it all alone... So I decided to finally join my fellow Nerfers here in Australia in hope of a little guidance and support where needed and perhaps some contacts or direction on where to find the materials I seek...
Don't get me wrong though, I am hoping that I will also have something to bring to the table, and that I may be able to help people out as well...
This is a list of my current yet growing arsenal, what mods have been done, and what mods I am planning:
- 2 x Vulcan EBF + 4 x Belts [Stock] (To be modded)
- 1 x Stampede ECS [Stock] (To be modded, got most parts needed)
- 1 x Unity Power System
- Titan AS-V.1 [Stock] (To be used in mods)
- Hornet AS-6 [Stock] (Not sure what to do with it - Suggestions?)
- Scout IX-3 [Stock] (AR removal, spring upgrade, not sure what else to do)
- 1 x Deploy CS-6 [AR Removal, Stretched Spring] (Not sure what to do with it - Suggestions?)
- 1 x Raider CS-35 [AR Removal, Steel plunger portion, Stretched Spring, a few small tweeks] (Not sure what else to do)
- 1 x Rapidfire 20 [Shortened barrel posts] (Not sure what else to do, maybe volume of air increase + quick reload)
- 1 x Longshot CS-6 [AR removal, bi-pod removal, twin oring replacement] (I don't like the look or feel - I want to change that and maximise it's potential)
- 1 x Longstrike CS-6 [AR removal, stretched spring, jam door lock removal, removable stock] (Not sure what else to do)
- 1 x Maverick REV-6 [AR removal, glued turret ratchet, russian roulette, added spring, bare barrel] (quick load rotation chamber)
- 1 x Barrel Break IX-2 [Stock] (Upgrade Springs, AR Removal, plug leak holes)
- 2 x Secret Strike AS-1 [1 x AR removal, 1 x Stock] (Not sure what to do)
- 1 x Nite finder EX-3 [AR removal, spring stretch, extended steel barrel for small rockets, slightly minimised]
- 1 x Spectre REV-5 [AR removal, spring stretch] (Not sure what else to do)
- 1 x Recon CS-6 [AR removal, spring stretch, aluminium plunger tube, steel trigger catch, hardened catch spring, oring replacement, handle on priming slide] (Parts coming, going to overhaul)
- 1 x Airzone - Triple Shot [Quick and dirty mod that did not work] (Overhaul)
I am also chasing the following list of blasters/materials:
- Alpha Trooper CS-18 (NIB\Used, must have 18 dart drum)
- Clear Recon CS-6 (NIB)
- Clear Raider (NIB\Good condition\Broken internals but shell in good condition, must have clear drum)
- Transparent orange clips found with Tactical vest (New\Good condition)
- Brass Tubing (You know what I'm talkin' 'bout)
- PETG Tubing
- CPVC Tubing
- Various colours of vinyl dye\plastic paint
- Hobby Battery Packs + Charger (New\Used)
- Flip Clip joiner (Good Condition)
- Original yellow "Raider" stock (decent condition)
- 2 x Broken Raider CS-35 with Mag-Well
- 2 x Barricade REV-10 (Used)
- Titan AS-V.1 rockets
- Longshot CS-6 Aluminium bolt sled, aluminium plunger cap, aluminium\steel trigger catch
- Magstrike AS-10 (Working condition, don't need the clip)
- Broken Recon CS-6 (Shell in decent condition)
- Longstrike CS-6 flip-up sight (Decent condition)
- Longshot CS-6 Blue scope (Good condition)
- Clips: as many as I can get - 18 dart clip\drum, 35 dart drum (Decent condition)
The above is just materials I think I will need to keep me busy and poor over the next 12 months. I will grab bits and pieces over time depending on availability\price\money in my bank
Basically... I want to have a play with a few blasters, cannibalise some that I find impractical by themselves and integrate them into others that I see potential in, and just keep the ones I like... All while I try to decrease my collection, they take up enough room as it is.
Don't be shy, say "hi", and I will see y'all around the forums