Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+8
lefty
Kat
Unknown
Johnnus
littlebro05
clunk07
Mozart
12 posters

Pump Action Shotgun Grip Replacement

clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Pump Action Shotgun Grip Replacement - Page 2 Empty Re: Pump Action Shotgun Grip Replacement

Post  clunk07 Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:57 pm

Yeh, just scored a Raider and 2 x Longshot's for $45 each. Man I love BigW!!

A hair trigger usually refers to it being very touchy - the action is very light to squeeze.

Cheers,
    Mozart
    Mozart

Pump Action Shotgun Grip Replacement - Page 2 Empty Re: Pump Action Shotgun Grip Replacement

Post  Mozart Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:05 pm

I know Longshots are always $45 at Kmart here, not sure about Raiders, though. Sweet man, get into this mod, we'll see who's comes out nicer.

Alright, thanks. It's not really a hair trigger anymore, than.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:24 pm

I don't know if it's an every day price, or just a sale, but BigW has the Raider's for $45. Pretty cheap, when people are selling the drums for $30 to $35, and stocks for $10. I figured this way, I'd get the hand grip and mag well for free, plus some spare screws!! haha Poor old Raider!!

Cheers,
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:31 pm

Yeh mate, everyday price. Well, for Kmart here. Still, you're exactly right, no point getting used pieces and paying more than a new one costs. I just sold my drum for a little under thirty ($36 included postage), the stock I'm keeping, now! Hahaa.
    NachoTaco
    NachoTaco

Post  NachoTaco Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:33 pm

I actually saw the video before this thread was created and I thought that it looked
    genuinely better than stock. And by the sounds of things it performs a whole lot better as well!
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:36 pm

Yeh, well I've got a Raider drum for my 2 Stampede's, now I've got 2 more drums and 2 more Stampede's. KineticWaffle's getting a custom Stampede from me, and I'm putting the Drum in to the kit as well, for normal price.

I'll probably look at doing the same for the second Stampede, if anybody wants it. Otherwise I'll have 3 Stampede's... haha
    tanand
    tanand

Post  tanand Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:17 pm

Mozart,

Hey just my curiousity speaking its mind here but, what adhesives did you use to secure the grip onto the body? I was thinking possibly the 3 day 2 part epoxy but then I'm wondering if there is any other adhesives out there I should use that would be stronger?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:51 pm

tanand wrote:Mozart,

Hey just my curiousity speaking its mind here but, what adhesives did you use to secure the grip onto the body? I was thinking possibly the 3 day 2 part epoxy but then I'm wondering if there is any other adhesives out there I should use that would be stronger?

I've done two grip replacements now.

Hot glue on the inside, and an old soldering iron to weld the outside together. A bit of sanding, and it looks pretty much like it's meant to be there.

I've had no issues with the join being weak etc etc.

Cheers,
    tanand
    tanand

Post  tanand Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:10 pm

A soldering iron? Wow I would never have thought of that, and it holds? I've heard of lots of people using solvent weld for the abs plastics on the shell but I'm just not sure if it would hold up enough or if it was worth using over epoxy. (I tend to over worry about being too rough with it, and since the Outdoor Sportsman is seemingly out of stock on Amazon now, I don't want to mess it up even more so as I technically only have 1 shot)
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:15 pm

haha - I'm a boily, so whatever I can weld is always a bonus - even if it's plastic.

Yeh mate, it takes a bit of getting used to, and the fumes aren't real good (so use a respirator), but once you've got it sorted, it's quite handy for fusing shell's etc.

The handle seems really strong. On the first PAS I did the grip replacement with, I've probably put over 1000 rounds through it, and had no issues with the handle flexing or being flimsy.

Obviously, the hot glue helps as well. You could definitely use epoxy adhesive though, if that was your preferred method.

Cheers,
    tanand
    tanand

Post  tanand Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:25 pm

Alright thanks for that, I might do a trio of adding epoxy to the joins on the inside of the shell where the solder can't reach, then weld the outsides then fill with hot glue for stability.

One last thing though, do you weld/glue it on when the handle is assembled? or should I mark where the handle would rest and then glue it on when it is in halves?
    I've done internal mods before but I'm STUMPED on when it involves integrations and replacements. Ie how to go about it, where to glue the bond first, etc. T___T
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:02 pm

I do it with the shell split in half. Hot glue first to secure the alignment, then the plastic welding.

Cheers,

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:55 pm