Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+5
clunk07
Unknown
Brunius
Luke
LukasForeals
9 posters

Your Preferred: primaries, secondary's, and darts

LukasForeals
    LukasForeals

Your Preferred: primaries, secondary's, and darts  Empty Your Preferred: primaries, secondary's, and darts

Post  LukasForeals Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:22 pm

Hey all, I'm new to the hobby, and thus, my 'arsenal' is very small at the moment, but, I would love to get into wars, and so I need to know what I should be buying.

just wondering if we could have a thread (as i couldn't find anything similar) where you just fill in the form, i don't want discussion about it just fill in your answers bellow

cheers,

foreals.

Preferred Primary?:
    Reason?:
    Darts used?:

Preferred seconday?:
    Reason?:
    Darts used?:

Luke
    Luke

Your Preferred: primaries, secondary's, and darts  Empty Re: Your Preferred: primaries, secondary's, and darts

Post  Luke Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:25 pm

Hey mate you missed this thread http://www.oznerf.com/t29p315-nerf-arsenals
    LukasForeals
    LukasForeals

Your Preferred: primaries, secondary's, and darts  Empty Re: Your Preferred: primaries, secondary's, and darts

Post  LukasForeals Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:27 pm

Luke wrote:Hey mate you missed this thread http://www.oznerf.com/t29p315-nerf-arsenals

I'm not asking you to list everything you have, post pics and grow your e-peen, just want to know what you use for wars, what your proffered blaster is and why
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:34 pm

Brunius

Post  Brunius Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:34 pm

LukasForeals
    LukasForeals

Post  LukasForeals Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:38 pm

thats better, but still a lot of bullshit to wade through lol
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:39 pm

Well,you asked for it.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:41 pm

I know what you mean, sometimes it hard to find good information and then people give you a hard time about not looking.

There are a few guns worth noting such as the Tripleshot and Longshot both of which have many modding options and great performance and decent price tags.

If you're into high powered air guns it'll be worth your while getting a BBUMB, cheap but effective.
    LukasForeals
    LukasForeals

Post  LukasForeals Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:41 pm

Luke wrote:Well,you asked for it.

i asked for it to be set out in a nice, easy to read, informative way...
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:42 pm

Honestly mate, that's a piece of string question...

What you use shouldn't really be influenced by what everyone else is using, it comes down to personal preference - weight, length, what mods you are able to perform yourself, ROF, range, accuracy etc etc

And obviously, you're loadout is going to change pending on game type. As alot of the more experienced members on here usually comment, the only way you'll know is to go and try things out for yourself.

Alot of the guys here use modified Longshot's, TripleShot's etc as a primary for outdoor war, but then use Stampede's or even Alpha Trooper's for indoor wars. In other game types, you're limited to what you type of blaster's you can use in correlation to a specific role (ie: soldier, engineer etc), and then you've got to take in to consideration range restrictions as well.

It also depends on your style of play, whether you're a rusher, camper etc.

What's good for someone else, may not suit even your physical attributes either. I'm no great source of experience on this matter, as I've not even attended a war, but alot of it is plain common sense.
    Personally, for an outdoor war, I'd use one of my modded LShot's as my primary, knowing full-well that I'd have no issues constantly priming the blaster for a full day with my spring combo. But, even alot of my mates around my age struggle to prime the LS consistently for 20 - 30 shots.

You're best bet is to take advantage of all the toy sales about to begin, and get your hands on some decent bargains. Variety is the spice of life!! haha

Cheers,
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:43 pm

Well you can't always get what you ask for!
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:43 pm

Yeah, your not going to get that on a forum about toy guns

Anyway, If you've got the cash I'd recommend looking at Clunk's sales.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:44 pm

Luke wrote:Well you can't always get what you ask for!

Yep, that's for sure. I'm positive that I asked for people to be supportive and welcoming to new member's somewhere on here, as I'm sure alot of other people have also...
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:45 pm

Or BigW, Myer (No Big Deal),Target, Toys R Us and Kmart sales
    LukasForeals
    LukasForeals

Post  LukasForeals Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:46 pm

clunk07 wrote:Honestly mate, that's a piece of string question...

What you use shouldn't really be influenced by what everyone else is using, it comes down to personal preference - weight, length, what mods you are able to perform yourself, ROF, range, accuracy etc etc

And obviously, you're loadout is going to change pending on game type. As alot of the more experienced members on here usually comment, the only way you'll know is to go and try things out for yourself.

Alot of the guys here use modified Longshot's, TripleShot's etc as a primary for outdoor war, but then use Stampede's or even Alpha Trooper's for indoor wars. In other game types, you're limited to what you type of blaster's you can use in correlation to a specific role (ie: soldier, engineer etc), and then you've got to take in to consideration range restrictions as well.

It also depends on your style of play, whether you're a rusher, camper etc.

What's good for someone else, may not suit even your physical attributes either. I'm no great source of experience on this matter, as I've not even attended a war, but alot of it is plain common sense.
    Personally, for an outdoor war, I'd use one of my modded LShot's as my primary, knowing full-well that I'd have no issues constantly priming the blaster for a full day with my spring combo. But, even alot of my mates around my age struggle to prime the LS consistently for 20 - 30 shots.

You're best bet is to take advantage of all the toy sales about to begin, and get your hands on some decent bargains. Variety is the spice of life!! haha

Cheers,

thank you for a helpful post, and i understand exactly what you're saying, may aswell delete this thread

true what i have read about oznerf tho, fulllll of little kids lol
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:49 pm

I wouldn't bother deleting it, as some of the information relayed may help other's out in the future. Of course, my opinion tends to be different from the Admin's, and they're sailing this ship!! haha

But, get on board with the toy sales, and you'll have plenty of options. Also, if you check out the FAQ section by phuonguyen, I've got a small post down the bottom of the thread outlining where certain modding materials can be purchased.

Cheers,
    LukasForeals
    LukasForeals

Post  LukasForeals Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:57 pm

this could have been a very useful, and informative thread for new people, but instead, its pretty useless, simply because people feel the need to whinge...

if you don't want to answer the question being asked, then don't bother replying, it won't have any effect on you, and if you do feel like helping out, then just answer in the way that was asked for...

sad really
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:01 pm

Preferred Primary: LS
    Reason: Easy to use and practical

Preferred secondary: NF
    Reason: Great range when modded

gooni
    gooni

Post  gooni Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:08 pm

LukasForeals wrote:Hey all, I'm new to the hobby, and thus, my 'arsenal' is very small at the moment, but, I would love to get into wars, and so I need to know what I should be buying.

just wondering if we could have a thread (as i couldn't find anything similar) where you just fill in the form, i don't want discussion about it just fill in your answers bellow

cheers,

foreals.

Preferred Primary?:
    Reason?:
    Darts used?:

Preferred seconday?:
    Reason?:
    Darts used?:

Well it all really comes down to a few things.

What you are willing, what game types you will be playing , and what way you play said games.

As Unknown said, the tripleshot (TS) and the longshot (LS) are the two most favoured springers. But it is also good to have a good pistol of some kind, something like a nitefinder or a wipeout are again good blasters that offer good range with minimal modding.

BBUMB's (buzzbee ultimate missile blast) is a very cheep entry level airtanked blaster that offers a noob friendly long range blaster of modding ease.

There are many slightly harder to get blasters such as 4B's, the airtech and supermaxx range from nerf. They offer pwn but cost a bit more that the normal stuff.

Darts.

Most here in Adelaide use FBR or bluefoam stefans, as streamlines are just fail when it comes to warring with modded blasters.

I myself have move to bluefoam darts, as it is easy to work and offers great performance.

I have a range of blasters that I like to use, no real preferred primary really. But my LS and TS get a good workout. also some of my airtanked modded things get good usage.

My fave secondary at the moment is my spectre, it is the pwn lulz.

Well, I've dribbled on a bit, I think I will leave it at this for now.

Gooni.
    Johnnus
    Johnnus

Post  Johnnus Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:28 pm

Primaries:
    Alpha Trooper (close range, general combat)
    Buzz Bee Big Blast (for long range)

Why:
    AT: Easy to use, quite comfortable for me, gets good ranges for a stock blaster, as well as unusual accuracy for a CS blaster.
    4B: Comfortable, really accurate with the right darts, great ranges, very easy to use.

Secondaries:
    Maverick
    X-shot Stealth
    NF

Why:
    Mav: Comfortable, unusually good ranges for a Mav, easy to use, easy to reload
    Stealth: Comfortable, good ranges
    NF: Good ranges, 10 dart capacity (modded)

Darts:
    I don't have any FBR or Blue Foam, but I've ordered a sample pack from informer (via ebay) so I should be able to update this soon. For now though, stock darts - Streamlines, Suctions and Whistlers.
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:41 pm

LukasForeals wrote:this could have been a very useful, and informative thread for new people, but instead, its pretty useless, simply because people feel the need to whinge...

if you don't want to answer the question being asked, then don't bother replying, it won't have any effect on you, and if you do feel like helping out, then just answer in the way that was asked for...

sad really
    From time to time, we will have new members always trying to have their questions catered for as if answers are going to come from some magical platter.

Unfortunately, I personally will not be encouraging this sort of line of questioning because I feel that the only true way to have this query answered is to attend a war and get first hand experience with what the experienced nerfers use and what they've learnt to be useful. That, or it may be the case that you need to snoop around the mods directory to get a feel of the general type of stuff you can do with these blasters and decide what would be reasonable to buy for starting your collection. It will astound you how much you'll learn and understand if you put in the effort to go beyond the forum rules in general and use your initiative as well as your brain; a notion I should really start hammering in some of you members who have been here longer and should know better.

That said, we as a forum do not value to help others by holding their hands while a lack of effort is present in said individual. Go and lurk more while reading all you can because this hobby, like life, is simply what you make of it.

Also, start fixing your post quality with the correct punctuation, and also add a display pic while your at it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:50 am