Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Calendar Calendar


+19
oznerfnerd
SnowDragon
redcricket077
phuonguyen
Luke
Winterstrike
bulletproofvest
Silent Scope
RL
Brunius
Swatsonia
LostBoy
Johnnus
littlebro05
clunk07
Unknown
Joey
Dietzie
Arkham
23 posters

    General Respect

    Arkham
    Arkham


    Posts : 89
    Join date : 2011-05-27
    Age : 37
    Location : Baldivis W.A.

    General Respect Empty General Respect

    Post  Arkham Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:17 am

    Okay so over the past two weeks or so I have noticed that more and more members are becoming rather disrespectful to site authorities (Mods Admins and such). I am not doing this to do their job in anyway,I simple as a member get sick of seeing it and wish to voice my opinion as a mutual observer. It just really s**ts me that some people can not seem to grasp the fact that these guys put there personal time into a site. I enjoy being here and praise the all thsoe who put the time in to maintain it.I know this is only a web forum but these is no need to forego most social edicts when here. In most workplaces you would be fired for the s**t some of you pull.

    So I apologise to all the site authorities for my rant I mean no disrespect nor do I wish to appear to be over-stepping any boundaries. As as I said above Im sick of seeing it.

    So in simple terms if you can't show respect for the authorities who provide this site then "FOXTROT OSCAR" so legitimate members can use this and new members will feel welcomed.

    Sorry for the rant to all the Legit members.

    -Arkham
    Dietzie
    Dietzie


    Posts : 361
    Join date : 2010-10-30
    Age : 37
    Location : Granville, Queensland

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  Dietzie Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:26 am

    Good call mate. The mods/admins should be respected and thanked, not abused. That said I will openly admit that if I think a mod or admin steps out of line I will pull them up on it.
    Arkham, no need to apologize to the legit members, they will be right behind you.


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    To grow old is inevitable
    To grow up is optional
    Adult member of the NIC: I PLAY WITH TOY GUNS AND I VOTE

    Trying to bring organized wars to the Fraser Coast

    Facebook: Knownas Dietzie. Find me through Brisbane Nerf Group or Fraser Coast Nerf Group
    Joey
    Joey


    Posts : 551
    Join date : 2010-08-07
    Age : 34
    Location : Brisbane

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  Joey Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:15 am

    This is a forum where the average age is 15, the term 'respect' is about as common as 'discipline' :p

    That aside I have not noticed any disrespect towards mods/admins, not that I have been paying attention.

    Ironic though the topic as it was not to long ago it was a bit the other way around.


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Slydev nerf parts and accessories store
    Unknown
    Unknown


    Posts : 997
    Join date : 2010-07-07
    Age : 23
    Location : North Brisbane

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  Unknown Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:14 am

    As with everything in life there are exceptions, if a moderator or admin is abusing their power they do not deserve any respect.

    To be respected you must show respect, our admins do this be doing their job to the best of their ability.

    However, for the most part our Administration team does a good job and does indeed deserve a higher lever of respect.

    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 41
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  clunk07 Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:48 am

    Whilst I think that the Admins/Mod's are doing a pretty damn good job around here, I'm not going to be giving them respect just because they're in a position of authority.

    Respect is earnt or commanded, end of story. I tend to treat people the same way they treat me, most of the time anyway.

    I'm more concerned with the negativity that is slowly creeping in to the forum's....

    Cheers,
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser


    Posts : 2533
    Join date : 2009-07-07
    Age : 29
    Location : Brisbane Boi!

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  littlebro05 Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:54 am

    Bah it'll happen again! Many incidents in the past... doesn't really do much to change it again. I give it a few more months and some doodlenoggin' will create a thread about how lame authorities are.

    It's Australian culture, or any other culture that people don't respect what admins do. We see the popo's on the street, we automatically become uncomfortable even though we haven't done anything wrong.

    That's part of life lol.
    Joey
    Joey


    Posts : 551
    Join date : 2010-08-07
    Age : 34
    Location : Brisbane

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  Joey Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:37 am

    littlebro05 wrote:It's Australian culture, or any other culture that people don't respect what admins do. We see the popo's on the street, we automatically become uncomfortable even though we haven't done anything wrong.

    I don't know about you but I feel safer with police around. Generally the only reason to feel uneasy is if you have something to hide :p


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Slydev nerf parts and accessories store
    Johnnus
    Johnnus


    Posts : 204
    Join date : 2010-08-16
    Age : 25
    Location : Glen Waverley, Melbourne (VIC, Aus, Earth)

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  Johnnus Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:01 am

    I feel that this is not just a problem of disrespect towards site authorities, but disrespect to many people in general. I'm not so against for disrespect against idiots who do stupid things - they usually deserve what they get. After all, as the saying goes 'treat others the way you wish to be treated' (or something like that).It's more those who really haven't done anything wrong. Often you see posts/topics which are made by people, which are useful but are flamed for being 'n00bish' or too simple or whatever other word(s) referring to something being 'lower level' compared to something else.
    I have nothing experienced people assisting those of us who are less experienced (such as myself) in the art of Nerfing, but I do not understand why they feel the need to express their feelings (of n00bishness) and not otherwise contribute.
    Just because you've had better/more experience than other people have doesn't necessarily mean that because they're posting something, which is otherwise not new or particularly impressive to the modding Nerf world, requires flames and insults.

    I am posting this due to a recent incident, with the involved whom I shall not name as a sign of respect. I also wish that you do not specify your own involvement with this matter as a sign of mutual respect. You know who you are.

    [/rant]

    On a different note, I feel authorities should be held in high respect because they are the ones running...whatever it is they're running. Even if they're doing a pretty bad job, unless you know you can do better (and have proven your skills) then keep your mouth shut (or keep your fingers off your keyboard, whichever is more relevant).
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 41
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  clunk07 Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:09 am

    Johnnus - alot of the topics/posts you're referring to, whilst they may be helpful for the new-comer's, generally tend to have been answered numerous times beforehand. Alot of the "noobs" are just breezing in here, hoping for all their questions to be answered - like this place is some sort of magical answer sheet...

    I've only been here a short time, and technically I'm still a noob, but I tend to scour the internet and this site for answer's, before I go ahead an ask generalised questions. Maybe it's because I'm a little older, or maybe because I prefer to discover things myself, but either way, it's probably not a bad habit for people to have.

    Cheers,
    LostBoy
    LostBoy


    Posts : 546
    Join date : 2010-06-28
    Age : 23
    Location : Melbourne. Victoria

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  LostBoy Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:10 am

    My time too say something:

    Most of the admins, mods and other members don't respect other members on the forum, when we havn't done anything to them?

    Im not speaking for myself, but im speaking for other people on this forum.

    E.G: I was in chat, and this is what happend:

    @ Winterstrike : ******* isn't the only one.

    LostBoy : Hm, okay..

    @ Winterstrike : tons of noobs put pics of ho-hum stuff in there, but I realise that people sometimes need to show off

    I could get banned for posting that^




    Last edited by LostBoy on Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:17 am; edited 3 times in total
    Johnnus
    Johnnus


    Posts : 204
    Join date : 2010-08-16
    Age : 25
    Location : Glen Waverley, Melbourne (VIC, Aus, Earth)

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  Johnnus Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:13 am

    clunk07 wrote:Johnnus - alot of the topics/posts you're referring to, whilst they may be helpful for the new-comer's, generally tend to have been answered numerous times beforehand. Alot of the "noobs" are just breezing in here, hoping for all their questions to be answered - like this place is some sort of magical answer sheet...

    I've only been here a short time, and technically I'm still a noob, but I tend to scour the internet and this site for answer's, before I go ahead an ask generalised questions. Maybe it's because I'm a little older, or maybe because I prefer to discover things myself, but either way, it's probably not a bad habit for people to have.

    Cheers,

    What I mean is posts such as write ups and reviews, etc. I'm not referring to useless posts/topics in which the question has been clearly answered in very obvious topics. e.g. CPVC in Aus. A common question which has been clearly answered over and over again.

    I agree, people should search about more. But it's the issue of our modern age.
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia


    Posts : 457
    Join date : 2010-07-20
    Age : 28
    Location : Willeton, Perth, WA

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  Swatsonia Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:15 am

    Lostboy: That was on Chatbox, which is a lot less strict.

    Also, if younger guys can't take a bit of criticism, I pity you.

    From my experience, there have been people that have hassled the admins for prolonged periods of time.

    Face it, Admins are human too.

    Clunk has pretty much posted the ideal way to operate on the forum.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 41
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  clunk07 Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:17 am

    LostBoy wrote:My time too say something:

    Most of the admins, mods and other members don't respect other members on the forum, when we havnt done anything to them?

    Im not speaking for myself, but im speaking for other people on this forum.

    E.G: I was in chat, and this is what happend:

    @ Winterstrike : Johnnus isn't the only one.

    LostBoy : Hm, okay..

    @ Winterstrike : tons of noobs put pics of ho-hum stuff in there, but I realise that people sometimes need to show off

    I could get banned for posting that^



    Yeh, well it wouldn't surprise me if you did. I'd ban you for that. You have to log-in to the chatbox, so it has a slight hint of privacy to it, as the general public cannot see it, but they can read what's written in the threads. Not that Winterstrike would care, as he wouldn't say that if he was concerned of any rammifications. But, guaranteed, if you were to plaster my CB comments all over the forums, I can assure you we would be having issues!!

    I've been accused numerous times of being rude/arrogant etc towards other members - and if that's how people feel, then they need not communicate with me. End of story. I'm sure my post count of positive comments vs negative comments would be a pretty one-sided affair.

    @Johnnus - I'm not having a go at anyone. But, posting reviews and mod's that have been done numerous times is no different to asking the same questions over and over again.

    For example, Mozart did a nice write-up of adding the Raider trigger, handle and stock to a PAS. I was half-way through completing mine when he posted it. So, once mine was finished, I just added the finished pic to my existing PAS mod tutorial, with a brief description of how I'd done a couple of things differently. I really couldn't see the point in doing a write-up that had already been covered. It's not that I was feeling lazy, just couldn't see any value in it.

    Cheers,


    Last edited by clunk07 on Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    General Respect Cwc_lo10

    Clunk Weapons Co. Blaster-smith Services:
    Commissions offered on Stampede, LongShot, Spectre, LED Maverick.

    CWC Blaster-smith Services
    CWC Custom Paint
    LostBoy
    LostBoy


    Posts : 546
    Join date : 2010-06-28
    Age : 23
    Location : Melbourne. Victoria

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  LostBoy Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:19 am

    Swatsonia wrote:Lostboy: That was on Chatbox, which is a lot less strict.

    Also, if younger guys can't take a bit of criticism, I pity you.

    From my experience, there have been people that have hassled the admins for prolonged periods of time.

    Face it, Admins are human too.

    Clunk has pretty much posted the ideal way to operate on the forum.

    Other members on this forum are humans too. : |
    Johnnus
    Johnnus


    Posts : 204
    Join date : 2010-08-16
    Age : 25
    Location : Glen Waverley, Melbourne (VIC, Aus, Earth)

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  Johnnus Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:22 am

    Swatsonia wrote:Lostboy: That was on Chatbox, which is a lot less strict.

    Also, if younger guys can't take a bit of criticism, I pity you.

    From my experience, there have been people that have hassled the admins for prolonged periods of time.

    Face it, Admins are human too.

    Clunk has pretty much posted the ideal way to operate on the forum.

    I'm not having a go at you, Swat, but it's not necessarily that it's criticism that annoys me. Yes, some people get annoyed when they get told to change something because it'd help, but sometimes I read things which do not assist the topic, public or OP in any way whatsoever. Also, sometimes it's just because it's a particular person or group. If that doesn't make sense, I'll try to reword it.

    @clunk: Yeah, I can see what you're getting at. The problem is that humans are not identical (except twins, triplets, etc) and so everyone's opinions are different. As a result, lots of things are done differently by different people because it suits them better. And occasionally in the case of mod write-ups, the n00b one can occasionally be easier to follow or be more clear.

    Also, as the majority of the human population living in developed countries/areas are getting lazier and lazier, sometimes re-posting a mod write-up or review can stop them from clogging the forum with useless topics.

    And so far as I've seen, there hasn't been two threads which have been posted at a similar time frame (within a few days or weeks, depending on sub-forum) which are on similar topics.


    Last edited by Johnnus on Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 41
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  clunk07 Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:24 am

    LostBoy wrote:
    Other members on this forum are humans too. : |

    My point exactly - posts like this make me not want to help people out. Swatsonia was just pointing out that if younger member's can't handle a bit of criticism about toy guns, then how the hell do you plan on dealing with the real world, and real problems...

    He wasn't having a chop at anyone, virtually just saying in a polite way - get over it, there's bigger issues in life as to whether someone likes the unoriginal mod you've just completed on your toy gun.

    Cheers,


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    General Respect Cwc_lo10

    Clunk Weapons Co. Blaster-smith Services:
    Commissions offered on Stampede, LongShot, Spectre, LED Maverick.

    CWC Blaster-smith Services
    CWC Custom Paint
    LostBoy
    LostBoy


    Posts : 546
    Join date : 2010-06-28
    Age : 23
    Location : Melbourne. Victoria

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  LostBoy Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:26 am

    clunk07 wrote:
    LostBoy wrote:
    Other members on this forum are humans too. : |

    My point exactly - posts like this make me not want to help people out. Swatsonia was just pointing out that if younger member's can't handle a bit of criticism about toy guns, then how the hell do you plan on dealing with the real world, and real problems...

    He wasn't having a chop at anyone, virtually just saying in a polite way - get over it, there's bigger issues in life as to whether someone likes the unoriginal mod you've just completed on your toy gun.

    Cheers,

    I dont have an issue with people flaming, about my mod.

    All i would do is see what i could do, too make the mod better.
    Unknown
    Unknown


    Posts : 997
    Join date : 2010-07-07
    Age : 23
    Location : North Brisbane

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  Unknown Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:30 am

    It really isn't that hard, I know most of our members do the right thing but there is a handful that think because they're on the Internet they can be rude and get away with it.

    I've been on this for a fair bit longer than most of our members so I've seen numerous fights between Admins and general members. Why? Because there is a good and bad side in both groups. The good sides thrive while the bad sides fight.

    The bottom line is, a good admin deserves respect while a power hungry admin does not.

    Admins, if you are going to be unjust how can you ask for any respect?

    Others, just be friendly. If you wouldn't say it in real life, don't say it.

    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 41
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  clunk07 Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:31 am

    I wouldn't even have a clue as to what mod you're referring to.

    This is just going round n round n round. Getting me nowhere.

    At the end of the day, no one is being forced to be a part of this forum. If you're unhappy with what is happening, then you should either:

    • put in the hard yards yourself to make it a better place


    • deal with it, and move on


    • don't come on here


    There's really no need for people to carry on whinging and whining etc.

    Cheers,


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    General Respect Cwc_lo10

    Clunk Weapons Co. Blaster-smith Services:
    Commissions offered on Stampede, LongShot, Spectre, LED Maverick.

    CWC Blaster-smith Services
    CWC Custom Paint
    Johnnus
    Johnnus


    Posts : 204
    Join date : 2010-08-16
    Age : 25
    Location : Glen Waverley, Melbourne (VIC, Aus, Earth)

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  Johnnus Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:31 am

    clunk07 wrote:
    LostBoy wrote:
    Other members on this forum are humans too. : |

    My point exactly - posts like this make me not want to help people out. Swatsonia was just pointing out that if younger member's can't handle a bit of criticism about toy guns, then how the hell do you plan on dealing with the real world, and real problems...

    He wasn't having a chop at anyone, virtually just saying in a polite way - get over it, there's bigger issues in life as to whether someone likes the unoriginal mod you've just completed on your toy gun.

    Cheers,

    That makes a lot of sense, a lot of people around the world should read this thread (maybe not all of it). My issue is flaming for the sake of flaming, not because something is actually bad - it happens everyday, and I've seen it do pretty bad things.
    LostBoy
    LostBoy


    Posts : 546
    Join date : 2010-06-28
    Age : 23
    Location : Melbourne. Victoria

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  LostBoy Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:33 am

    I will start respecting admins/mods and other members on this forum.

    Oh, and stop being such a smarta** on Chatbox.
    avatar
    Brunius


    Posts : 312
    Join date : 2010-10-30
    Age : 25
    Location : Emerald, Victoria, Australia

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  Brunius Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:37 am

    [rant]
    Joey wrote:This is a forum where the average age is 15, the term 'respect' is about as common as 'discipline' :p

    That aside I have not noticed any disrespect towards mods/admins, not that I have been paying attention.

    Ironic though the topic as it was not to long ago it was a bit the other way around.

    Yeah, because you're such a f**king expert on respect.

    [/rant]

    I haven't really noticed any disrespect as such, but I do see admins/mods being simply ignored quite a bit...
    RL
    RL


    Posts : 697
    Join date : 2010-09-27
    Age : 31
    Location : Sydney

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  RL Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:45 am

    Johnnus wrote:@clunk: Yeah, I can see what you're getting at. The problem is that humans are not identical (except twins, triplets, etc) and so everyone's opinions are different. As a result, lots of things are done differently by different people because it suits them better. And occasionally in the case of mod write-ups, the n00b one can occasionally be easier to follow or be more clear.

    Also, as the majority of the human population living in developed countries/areas are getting lazier and lazier, sometimes re-posting a mod write-up or review can stop them from clogging the forum with useless topics.

    A million reviews of the Recon doesn't necessitate a million threads. Post in another thread, give you two cents there.

    Unfortunately, despite our cries for democracy in this forum, it is more autocratic than we think it is. Was that admin and new mod process decided by votes? Doubt it. It's free to join, and free to leave, but there are still owners and admins who are responsible for keeping the website as to how they like it. My tip: negotiate your way around it, teenagers tend to be really tunnel-visioned with life. Your thread is banned? Ah wells. PM an admin to discuss it.

    To be honest, Oznerf actually feels a bit more lax than Nerfhaven. To add to that, I think the fact that this forum has a larger teenage audience means there needs to be more restrictions and clamp-downs.

    Johnnus
    Johnnus


    Posts : 204
    Join date : 2010-08-16
    Age : 25
    Location : Glen Waverley, Melbourne (VIC, Aus, Earth)

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  Johnnus Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:47 am

    Perhaps this is not quite the right place to talk about this sort of stuff. What I think is that this forum is for posting about Nerf, asking questions which haven't been answered (or answered clearly) and advising people how to improve something.
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope


    Posts : 510
    Join date : 2010-07-01
    Age : 33
    Location : Greenvale, Victoria, Australia

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  Silent Scope Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:58 am

    I have a feeling that I'm not going to be on good sides here but here I go:

    Unknown wrote:To be respected you must show respect, our admins do this be doing their job to the best of their ability.
    clunk07 wrote:... I'm not going to be giving them respect just because they're in a position of authority.
    I honestly don't know how either of you get around in believing those principles.
    Try telling that to the cop next time, and see what happens. It may not be justified what they may be doing but that ain't gonna stop them from using the full extent of their powers if they choose to.

    Don't get me wrong: Personally I'd like to think that I'm generally well-received by being as fair and impartial as possible, but if I have to start promoting myself to earn brownie points in order to earn respect it undermines my position of authority to commit to my duties of acting in the interests of others.

    As so long as no action of antagonism has been lashed out against any administrator, there should be nothing to be concerned about. If you annoy me in any way, well... so yeah.

    clunk07 wrote:I'm more concerned with the negativity that is slowly creeping in to the forum's....
    Johnnus wrote:Often you see posts/topics which are made by people, which are useful but are flamed for being 'n00bish' or too simple or whatever other word(s) referring to something being 'lower level' compared to something else.
    I have nothing experienced people assisting those of us who are less experienced (such as myself) in the art of Nerfing, but I do not understand why they feel the need to express their feelings (of n00bishness) and not otherwise contribute.
    Just because you've had better/more experience than other people have doesn't necessarily mean that because they're posting something, which is otherwise not new or particularly impressive to the modding Nerf world, requires flames and insults.
    I understand where some people may get off believing this. Unfortunately I tend to be very different on the matter:

    I ended up sending this to a member who has since left after making the PM:

    Many of the queries you seem to describe as "stupid questions" can simply be solved with common sense and logic. It seems to me from following your trail that the many things you have "had bad luck searching" are simply because your queries simply should not take too much thought into finding a solution or answer in the first place without having the need to ask someone else for any other reason but double-checking what mistakes you may have already done.

    Likewise, I'm not trying to discourage people from asking questions full-stop; I only want to encourage people to minimise the need to ask easily-solved questions by using empirical approach and self-problem solving. While I do apologise for putting you on the spot here, my address also applies to those who seem to feel they need to have their hands held by those who have already taken the initiative to independently attain their own knowledge, and hone in on their skills. Queries such as What barrel length and material on X blaster should I use" comes to mind.

    ... Everything I have learned has come through doing research and learning from mistakes I've made through modding over the years. Please do not interpret this PM as a means for wanting you to leave; only instead to help you enjoy more out of this hobby by putting in the effort to make it enojoyable.

    If there's anything I need to personally say, my biggest concern would be that what many people don't understand is that reading the rules is not enough; you need to be willing to use your initiative and brain to prevent yourself asking and making dumb posts, and make the right decisions in your actions. And unfortunately, that notion is missing from a lot of members who have been here long enough and should know better.


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    HELL YEAH ULTIMATE STREET CRED YO!

    Give back to your fellow member and buy his wares. All profits stay in Australia, tune up my VR SS V8, and more.
    In case you're curious about my WTB requests or my Triple Shot products .

    Don't worry, I've compiled a list so far of us VIC crew here, yo.

    Also, can you people start putting titles in PMs? I can't be bothered trying to figure out what the subject and context is within a PM.

    Now a proud owner of a Holden VR Commodore SS V8 with a stage 2 shifter, VVVVRRRRRRRROOOOOOMMMM!
    Joey
    Joey


    Posts : 551
    Join date : 2010-08-07
    Age : 34
    Location : Brisbane

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  Joey Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:01 pm

    Brunius wrote:[rant]
    Joey wrote:This is a forum where the average age is 15, the term 'respect' is about as common as 'discipline' :p

    That aside I have not noticed any disrespect towards mods/admins, not that I have been paying attention.

    Ironic though the topic as it was not to long ago it was a bit the other way around.

    Yeah, because you're such a f**king expert on respect.

    [/rant]

    U mad?


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Slydev nerf parts and accessories store
    avatar
    Brunius


    Posts : 312
    Join date : 2010-10-30
    Age : 25
    Location : Emerald, Victoria, Australia

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  Brunius Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:06 pm

    Joey wrote:
    Brunius wrote:[rant]
    Joey wrote:This is a forum where the average age is 15, the term 'respect' is about as common as 'discipline' :p

    That aside I have not noticed any disrespect towards mods/admins, not that I have been paying attention.

    Ironic though the topic as it was not to long ago it was a bit the other way around.

    Yeah, because you're such a f**king expert on respect.

    [/rant]

    U mad?

    Yes. As a matter of fact, I am. *slow clap* Good job picking that up.

    Mad that people like you dismiss teenagers just because they're teenagers, without even trying to read what they're saying. You skim, get the basic idea, then flame them for something that they're not even asking.
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest


    Posts : 508
    Join date : 2010-05-29
    Age : 26
    Location : Adelaide Hills

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  bulletproofvest Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:16 pm

    Loving the rage in this thread... How ironic haha.
    LostBoy
    LostBoy


    Posts : 546
    Join date : 2010-06-28
    Age : 23
    Location : Melbourne. Victoria

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  LostBoy Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:17 pm

    Off Topic but, Admins/mods ban us from CB, but never tell us how long we are banned for.

    It really annoys me.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 41
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  clunk07 Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:17 pm

    SS - I get around fairly easily with my principles. Been earning over 6 figures for the last 4 years, ran my own business, been a manager, now I'm just a lowly trainee train driver. Haven't been to jail, have no outstanding debts.

    I see no need to show respect to authority figures. My general manner is quite courteous to all people I have contact with. I'm not going to bow-down in front of a copper, and clean his shoes. I speak to them with a civil tongue, and express the persona of a decent and genuine person. That is all that's needed - at the end of the day, they're a human no different than myself. Admittedly, they carry a firearm for work purposes, but that doesn't make them any better or worse than myself.

    Are you implying I should speak differently to the Admin's on here, just because they have the ability to ban me - from a website nonetheless. I talk to Admin/mod's no differently than I do to a new member, and this isn't going to change. I believe that I have a friendly disposition the majority of the time, and it's quite obvious that I've gone out of my way numerous times to help out other members. If I get banned from here for having an opinion, then so be it. Honestly, I've got bigger issues in my life than whether I can be part of this online community.

    If I was to attend a war that you hosted, obviously I would be respectful of your rules, and adhere to any guidelines you had in place. But, I'm not going to blow wind up your ass.

    Also, didn't you make the comment on CB a while ago that you don't respect people just because they're older than you? That's not far off my original comment.

    Short version - I have no issues with what you staff guys are doing. We've had this conversation numerous times. But, like you stated, you're not going to promote yourself to earn brownie points, so neither am I. This isn't a fortune 500 company.

    To end, do you honestly believe that there isn't negativity creeping in to this place. The constant flaming from a few younger member's who barely contribute is a pretty good sign of this. I hope you don't think my comment about negativity was in any way directed at the admin's, as it wasn't.

    Cheers,


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    General Respect Cwc_lo10

    Clunk Weapons Co. Blaster-smith Services:
    Commissions offered on Stampede, LongShot, Spectre, LED Maverick.

    CWC Blaster-smith Services
    CWC Custom Paint
    Joey
    Joey


    Posts : 551
    Join date : 2010-08-07
    Age : 34
    Location : Brisbane

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  Joey Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:21 pm

    Brunius wrote:Yes. As a matter of fact, I am. *slow clap* Good job picking that up.

    Mad that people like you dismiss teenagers just because they're teenagers, without even trying to read what they're saying. You skim, get the basic idea, then flame them for something that they're not even asking.

    I think your aggressive tone has kind of made my point here. I dismiss teenagers because when I was one I was just as bad, it's just personal experience so take a chill pill and relax. Just because I am saying that teenagers generally lack discipline and respect doesn't mean that I am saying that ALL of them do, and especially doesn't mean that YOU do. So try to take it less personally, k.


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Slydev nerf parts and accessories store
    avatar
    Brunius


    Posts : 312
    Join date : 2010-10-30
    Age : 25
    Location : Emerald, Victoria, Australia

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  Brunius Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:24 pm

    Joey wrote:
    Brunius wrote:Yes. As a matter of fact, I am. *slow clap* Good job picking that up.

    Mad that people like you dismiss teenagers just because they're teenagers, without even trying to read what they're saying. You skim, get the basic idea, then flame them for something that they're not even asking.

    I think your aggressive tone has kind of made my point here. I dismiss teenagers because when I was one I was just as bad, it's just personal experience so take a chill pill and relax. Just because I am saying that teenagers generally lack discipline and respect doesn't mean that I am saying that ALL of them do, and especially doesn't mean that YOU do. So try to take it less personally, k.

    Did you even read my post? You're flaming for something I'm not stating. So rather, you've made my point.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 41
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  clunk07 Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:26 pm

    LostBoy wrote:Off Topic but, Admins/mods ban us from CB, but never tell us how long we are banned for.

    It really annoys me.

    Well, if you didn't carry on with annoying crap, you wouldn't get banned, and then you wouldn't have any problems. Just a suggestion

    Cheers,
    avatar
    Winterstrike


    Posts : 260
    Join date : 2009-04-16
    Age : 43
    Location : Adelaide SA

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  Winterstrike Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:26 pm

    OK, so this is happening once again but having been an admin for longer now has made me a little wiser. Respect is nice, it's a great thing to have since most admins actually help out in real life with their own time and money. Respect is a way of appreciating that and because nerf is something we're passionate about, it feels extra good.

    That being said, if you don't respect the admins for doing that, we just don't care about you. Yup, we just couldn't care less. If organising wars, looking after the new members, responding to questions about whatever etc. isn't enough to earn your respect, well I just flat out don't really care what you have to say/think. Unless you're going to somehow contribute to the nerf community in some other tangible way, who really gives a crap about your opinion?

    Silent scope is a lot more civil than I am, and THAT should earn you more of his respect. I just can't be bothered saying things in a way I don't feel comfortable with. That being said, I don't hate anyone on here. If I dislike anyone, I'm pretty much going to ignore you and let you do your own thing as long as you don't break the rules.

    I respectfully(giggle) ask any admins to not lock this thread. It's off topic, and I'd like to keep my promise to the members. What happens in off topic, stays in off topic.
    Joey
    Joey


    Posts : 551
    Join date : 2010-08-07
    Age : 34
    Location : Brisbane

    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  Joey Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:28 pm

    Brunius wrote:
    Joey wrote:
    Brunius wrote:Yes. As a matter of fact, I am. *slow clap* Good job picking that up.

    Mad that people like you dismiss teenagers just because they're teenagers, without even trying to read what they're saying. You skim, get the basic idea, then flame them for something that they're not even asking.

    I think your aggressive tone has kind of made my point here. I dismiss teenagers because when I was one I was just as bad, it's just personal experience so take a chill pill and relax. Just because I am saying that teenagers generally lack discipline and respect doesn't mean that I am saying that ALL of them do, and especially doesn't mean that YOU do. So try to take it less personally, k.

    Did you even read my post? You're flaming for something I'm not stating. So rather, you've made my point.

    I really have no idea why you are so angry at me? I am being serious, clearly I am missing something, anyone else want to fill me in?


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Slydev nerf parts and accessories store

    Sponsored content


    General Respect Empty Re: General Respect

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:06 am