Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+19
oznerfnerd
SnowDragon
redcricket077
phuonguyen
Luke
Winterstrike
bulletproofvest
Silent Scope
RL
Brunius
Swatsonia
LostBoy
Johnnus
littlebro05
clunk07
Unknown
Joey
Dietzie
Arkham
23 posters

General Respect

LostBoy
    LostBoy

General Respect - Page 2 Empty Re: General Respect

Post  LostBoy Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:29 pm

clunk07 wrote:
    LostBoy wrote:Off Topic but, Admins/mods ban us from CB, but never tell us how long we are banned for.

It really annoys me.

Well, if you didn't carry on with annoying crap, you wouldn't get banned, and then you wouldn't have any problems. Just a suggestion

Cheers,

True that.

But now, im going to have a new life on CB and on this forum.
    Brunius

Post  Brunius Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:36 pm

Joey wrote:
    Brunius wrote:
    Joey wrote:
    Brunius wrote:Yes. As a matter of fact, I am. *slow clap* Good job picking that up.

Mad that people like you dismiss teenagers just because they're teenagers, without even trying to read what they're saying. You skim, get the basic idea, then flame them for something that they're not even asking.

I think your aggressive tone has kind of made my point here. I dismiss teenagers because when I was one I was just as bad, it's just personal experience so take a chill pill and relax. Just because I am saying that teenagers generally lack discipline and respect doesn't mean that I am saying that ALL of them do, and especially doesn't mean that YOU do. So try to take it less personally, k.

Did you even read my post? You're flaming for something I'm not stating. So rather, you've made my point.

I really have no idea why you are so angry at me? I am being serious, clearly I am missing something, anyone else want to fill me in?

Maybe think about things you've said to me on the past on here. Then it may become clearer. I think I won't post in this topic any more, too much chance of getting banned :s
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:46 pm

Oh so this isn't about what I said, this is about you being butthurt about something, lol. Whatever it is couldn't have been that bad, get over it. Srsly.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Slydev nerf parts and accessories store
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:46 pm

Guys this is a pointless thread that just cause's arguments!
    phuonguyen
    phuonguyen

Post  phuonguyen Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:48 pm

Urgh.

Not this again.

Every 3-5 months this comes up.

The answer's gonna be the same.

If you don't like it, leave.

We run the website to however we believe it to suit.

If you have a different approach, go start your own website, just don't advertise your site on ours.

TL;DR. Don't care, I'm gonna do whatever I feel like.
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:03 pm

It's no point trying to cause an argument, this place will always be the same. Whether that's good or bad is just your opinion. Keyword: just
    Winterstrike

Post  Winterstrike Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:13 pm

It's no point trying to cause an argument, this place will always be the same.

Well no, that's not the point. This place will change, we're hoping to improve it.

In the long run, nerf and other shooting sports will grow. This isn't some lame arse prediction, this is almost a certainty. This site is run in a rather relaxed fashion at the moment as we don't have that many members. The bigger it gets, the stricter we're going to have to be and we'll of course remember all those members that gave us trouble throughout the years. Whether or not you'll be here in the future is entirely up to you.
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:33 pm

Joey wrote:Oh so this isn't about what I said, this is about you being butthurt about something, lol. Whatever it is couldn't have been that bad, get over it. Srsly.

I lol'd.

Seriously though, what's this thread about anyway? Disrespecting admins? I *dare* you to go, right now, and 'dis' phuong. It'll take him a matter of seconds to ban your ass into the timezone.
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:34 pm

redcricket077 wrote:It's no point trying to cause an argument, this place will always be the same. Whether that's good or bad is just your opinion. Keyword: just

I have to wonder if this wasn't Arkham's intention to begin with...

I actually the tone of the site has really found some balance in the last 3 months compared to what I saw before that.

I lurked here for some time but didn't join in because I was so appalled by the behaviour of everyone, both mods and punters.

I really like the way the SGNerf guys deal with each other, now THEY understand respect and manners, and old SG himself is an example of how to help others out.

On the other end of the scale, you've got the blokes at Nerfhaven....

Now if being an arrogant @#$kwit was an olympic sport, some of those guys would be gold medalists.

I really think this post was a classic example of trolling / shitstirring, and people should take it with a grain of salt.

The mods have mellowed, people are trying to remember the rules...

Let's direct our energy towards meaner mods!
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:45 pm

I hope you mean better nerf mods, not harsher Moderators.

But in comparison to NH, Oznerf is really good, let's not ruin that.

I have an account over there but have decided not to post because they are such ass holes to each other.

On a lighter note, let's bring this community to a new level.
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:49 pm

Unknown wrote:I hope you mean better nerf mods, not harsher Moderators.

But in comparison to NH, Oznerf is really good, let's not ruin that.

I have an account over there but have decided not to post because they are such ass holes to each other.

On a lighter note, let's bring this community to a new level.

Hey yeah!!

I did a double entendre!!

Sorry about that, I'm old and dotty

Yes, I mean meaner, more creative modifications.

Not a further move towards right wing fascism by our moderators.

RL
    RL

Post  RL Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:57 pm

I read a lot here. And post too. I don't see myself as a major contributor in this forum, but for some reason I ended up in the top 10 list.

Anyway it just seems to be from personal observation that most of the 'complaints' about moderators and 'being treated unfairly' are coming from the teenagers. Coincadink? or a trend?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:09 am

SnowDragon wrote:
    Joey wrote:Oh so this isn't about what I said, this is about you being butthurt about something, lol. Whatever it is couldn't have been that bad, get over it. Srsly.

I lol'd.

Seriously though, what's this thread about anyway? Disrespecting admins? I *dare* you to go, right now, and 'dis' phuong. It'll take him a matter of seconds to ban your ass into the timezone.

Yep, it's attitudes like this that shit me to tears. Are you the head cheerleader for Admin's abusing their power???

Honestly, I don't agree with what Phuong has said, but that doesn't mean we have issues with each other. It's just differing opinions, that is all. Telling people to like it or leave, in that particular fashion, is neither beneficial nor pro-active. From the subtle undertones, it's apparent that Phuong's dealt with this discussion numerous times, so I understand where he's coming from.

But, like I've mentioned previously, I'm not going to sit in the dark and shut my mouth, for fear of being banned. And to be perfectly honest, I'm pretty positive Phuong wouldn't ban anyone for expressing their opinion, in a mature way. Whinging and carrying on, then yeh, I can see a banning on the cards.

I'm pretty sure this is a far cry from what Arkham originally intended, but that's social networking for you. At the very least, this thread has identified some issues that we could all address, to make this site function better.

Cheers,
    FaytZero
    FaytZero

Post  FaytZero Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:16 am

Hey, I know that i'm not that active in posting, but I read alot of the posts here. I personally havent seen anything that I find as "abusive" of the adminds powers.

Taking some words from mythbusters.

It seems there are some people with low sugar level's are getting cranky. Maybe they should have a cookie.

Cookie's make everyone feel better.
    Arkham
    Arkham

Post  Arkham Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:51 am

Okay so I have watched this thread grow.
    Firstly I didnt intend to stir s**t if i wanted to do that I would.
    It seems that people crack the s**t when they are not praised for their post when the post idea itself isnt the issues but the content. As for a noob making a clearer post..I fail to see how. This would be me giving driving instructions better than Skaife

Secondly what are peoples ideas of respect? It seems that from what I have read that members seem to have to like or be friends with someone to respect a person which is not so as I said

Just because the is the internet does not mean we should for go social edict. This mean manners
    Other points of respect included:
    Not back seat Moderating other people posts-Really we have mods how many bannings must be issued before people learn silence is golden
    Do not abuse a mod for a rule you break-You would poke a sleeping bear
    Failing to understand forum structure-Read 40-50 post to gain an understanding of how this forum operates-Going to another country and breaking there socail rule can get you Stoned to death.
    IF you clash with a mod dont take it to heart am PM the mod a "The Poor old me" story ask,discuss cop it on the chin.

Finally most of the persons i am talking are repeat offenders who seem to make the same mistakes.

oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:58 am

Arkham wrote:Okay so I have watched this thread grow.
    Firstly I didnt intend to stir s**t if i wanted to do that I would.
    It seems that people crack the s**t when they are not praised for their post when the post idea itself isnt the issues but the content. As for a noob making a clearer post..I fail to see how. This would be me giving driving instructions better than Skaife

Secondly what are peoples ideas of respect? It seems that from what I have read that members seem to have to like or be friends with someone to respect a person which is not so as I said

Just because the is the internet does not mean we should for go social edict. This mean manners
    Other points of respect included:
    Not back seat Moderating other people posts-Really we have mods how many bannings must be issued before people learn silence is golden
    Do not abuse a mod for a rule you break-You would poke a sleeping bear
    Failing to understand forum structure-Read 40-50 post to gain an understanding of how this forum operates-Going to another country and breaking there socail rule can get you Stoned to death.
    IF you clash with a mod dont take it to heart am PM the mod a "The Poor old me" story ask,discuss cop it on the chin.

Finally most of the persons i am talking are repeat offenders who seem to make the same mistakes.

Well mate...

This DOES seem like shit stirring, and it certainly also seems like back seat moderating.

If you want to be a mod, ask them.

Maybe they'll find a slot for you, and you can "right all the wrongs".

Personally, I reckon this forum is on a fairly even keel and there's no need for such wails of despair.

Might be time to take the curlers out...
    False
    False

General Respect - Page 2 Empty General respect

Post  False Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:39 am

I personally haven't witnessed anyone abusing their powers as such. And I also don't have any problems with the way this forum is run- I'm quite neutral to the matter, really.

I do also agree that respect must be earnt and not automatically possesed with the title of an 'authority'.

Just my two cents...
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:06 am

Actually i've noticed that from one member. His replys to admin were disgusting, is it from living in another state, that makes people think they can be rude, knowing they wont be bumping into them at a war? Sorry but people do that to each other over xbox live, it shouldnt happen here on the forum.

But also just think of the age majority of the members here?

End of the day kiddies, contribute if you can, and learn. Your modding blasters, so have fun.
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:13 am

when i'm on this forum i feel really mature because i contribute and i am a "decent" modder but then there are people that just troll and kill this awesome, actually very friendly nerf community we have here. I looked at NH and the forum isn't as friendly as this one. I want to keep it like that.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:03 pm