Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+11
Unknown
oxymoron
TooBz
Vavoom
clunk07
bulletproofvest
Arkham
littlebro05
TheBradl3s
redcricket077
Merzlin
15 posters

Selling: Homemade Lock n Loads

Merzlin
    Merzlin

Selling: Homemade Lock n Loads Empty Selling: Homemade Lock n Loads

Post  Merzlin Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:20 am

Hey guys, I'm Merzlin, a US'er. Now, if this is violating any rules, I am terribly sorry; I will remove the thread immediately. Before I commence, I'd just like to give you Australians (awesome nerf community btw!) a chance at my homemade lock 'n' loads. Obviously, there is the hurdle of shipping internationally, but I think matters can be adjusted; if someone can put an order together, shipping costs will be significantly reduced. Let me know!

Selling: Homemade Lock n Loads Single%252520banner%2525202%2525202

As you can see, today I am selling (identical), newly machined LPLs (Captain_Slug's design) with special adaptations made to the design.

Selling: Homemade Lock n Loads Dual%252520Banner

___________________________________________________________________________________________
    Hello, and welcome to my temporary sales thread showcasing two completely new LpLs. Both of these newly machined LPLs are completely identical in function and appearance. I'll jump right into the highlights that apply to both LpL, and remember, these highlights apply to both LPLs!

Both LpLs have:]
    + Excellent cuts made via scroll saw, band saw, and sanded using a combination of belt / disc sander
    + Utilizes an extension spring instead of a rubberband for the catch return force! Extremely classy looking, and you never have to worry about the rubberband snapping
    + Completely replaceable body parts with free 3 month insurance on all parts!
    + Sanded grips with dremel attachment and then a ladder combination of 100-600 fine grit sand paper
    + Lubed plunger tubes with excellent plunger seals. Both plunger designs utilize a skirt style plunger head with an optimal attachment (1/8" front plate with 3/16" spring rest and a spacer inside the head)!
    + Unique highlight adjustments made to the design using different material (not Polycarbonate)
    + Plusbow (K26) spring replacing the traditional K25 spring
    + Bushing is temporarily attached to plunger tube via mechanical adhesion and a space filler (electrical tape); little to no air escapes around the bushing
    + Aluminum plunger rod is used in both models. This prevents any damage to the plunger rod over time, by inherent or unnatural causes. Never worry about your plunger rod snapping again!
    + PE-UHMW handle inner plates colored opaque white for highlights. That area is under little or no stress, and the highlights add uniqueness to the blaster itself. As stated before, the handles are sanded down to perfection, feeling similar to handles found in Nerf brand blasters.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Ranges for these two blasters are completely identical, and are excellent when compared to a traditional LpL. Normal LPLs can achieve near-plusbow ranges when using a wide variety of darts (Slugs, hotglues, gumdrops, clinches) and shoot anywhere from 85-95 feet consistently. These two, however, sport different parts allowing them to achieve higher ranges when using slugs or any other dart type:

White LPL Range average: 95-100+ feet consistently when using #8 slug darts on 2" lengths of foam

Not only can these blasters fit in your pocket, but can also match, if not outrange, most primaries on the field! If you like to keep your blasters concealed and small, yet want to hit targets of upwards 100 feet away, these blasters are FOR YOU!

Individual pictures:

Selling: Homemade Lock n Loads IMAG0298
    Selling: Homemade Lock n Loads IMAG0296
    Selling: Homemade Lock n Loads Good
    Selling: Homemade Lock n Loads Good%252520two
    Selling: Homemade Lock n Loads Nice%252520handle
    Selling: Homemade Lock n Loads Nice%252520dual%2525203
    Selling: Homemade Lock n Loads Nice%252520dual%2525205

Pricing:
    1 White LPL = $60.00 + international shipping quotes

3+ LPLs = $170.00+ plus 35%=< off international shipping

Current stock: 15 White LPLs
    Prices are completely negotiable. I have the right to reject any consumer's interest in purchasing these blasters. If you have any questions, please personal message me on Nerf Haven, Nerf Headquarters, Nerf Revolution, OZ Nerf, Youtube, or you can email me at: jt16882 [at] gmail.com

Additionally, if you would like to custom contract any homemade design you want to come to life, or would simply enjoy a custom LPL with colored highlights and / or altered design mechanics, feel free to contact me.

Last edited by Merzlin on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Selling: Homemade Lock n Loads Empty Re: Selling: Homemade Lock n Loads

Post  redcricket077 Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:23 am

These are pretty awesome
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:28 am

Welcome to the site Merzlin! I saw these on YouTube and thought to myself that they were good!
    If I didn't already have a L+L, id buy one, haha

Hope you have a good time on out forums

- Brad
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:33 am

I'm actually somewhat interested in this. However! $110 for THREE LnLs + Shipping how much would that cost in total?

EDIT - Although you have hit a major problem! You need to probably make conduit couplers for us Aussies, since we can't get CPVC fittings and other stuff in Australia.
    Arkham
    Arkham

Post  Arkham Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:38 am

the only issues i for see if customs pick it up
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:58 am

Arkham wrote:the only issues i for see if customs pick it up
    True. but you could send it bit by bit, this would be rather costly but would reduce the chances greatly of it getting confiscated
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:07 am

Also, what size bushing are they in they? because if they are 1"x1/2" they WILL fit our 15mm PVC and I can verify that as I have these.

- Brad
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:11 am

If the blaster is disassembled, include some foam darts, and correctly fill out the custom's declarations (ie: kids toy foam blaster), you shouldn't have any issues with custom's.
    Vavoom
    Vavoom

Post  Vavoom Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:53 am

I would be interested in purchasing one of these as well. What's the shipping cost to Sydney?
    TooBz
    TooBz

Post  TooBz Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:58 am

Damn they look good!
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:19 am

I would definately get one if we can organise some sort of group buy and can be pretty sure we can get around customs.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:37 am

If you got them made with a CNC would prices go up or stay the same?
    NachoTaco
    NachoTaco

Post  NachoTaco Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:45 pm

Awesome! Seriously just an hour ago I was drooling over the nerfhaven thread and now it's here hahahaha.
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:48 pm

oxymoron wrote:I would definately get one if we can organise some sort of group buy and can be pretty sure we can get around customs.

I'll be one of those guys eagerly interested. But yeah kinda worried about customs, especially if you ship it in one piece. Unlike a boxed gun from a manufacturer, this looks too industrial to be a toy gun
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:49 pm

They ARE sexy Nice clean job
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:58 pm

Wow. So, you're saying $35 a pop, if we got more than three, plus shipping? Yeah, I'll take at least one. Who's gonna set up the group order? Actually, I'll do it.

I'll need cash before I pay for them. Let me know if you're down for one. Legit only, don't mess me around please. PM if you want one. I'll contact Merzlin when I get a few pms. Lol, pms...
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:05 pm

It does say current stock is four... so that's not a lot. I guess I'll say yes for now, because it doesn't seem like it'll be an instant thing (i.e. I can save up)
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:12 pm

Ohh, yeah..

I'll email him. See if he's building more. I'll put you down for one, man. No worries, you'll have time to save.
    Merzlin
    Merzlin

Post  Merzlin Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:21 pm

Hey guys, I really appreciate the feedback! I have to say, your community is awesome, and I look forward to working with you guys! Thanks!

littlebro05 wrote:I'm actually somewhat interested in this. However! $110 for THREE LnLs + Shipping how much would that cost in total?

EDIT - Although you have hit a major problem! You need to probably make conduit couplers for us Aussies, since we can't get CPVC fittings and other stuff in Australia.
    The set price on each LPL is $60.00. The %35 reduction is on international shipping: meaning, if you guys get a group order going, I will GLADLY help you pay for shipping because of its expense.

TheBradl3s wrote:Also, what size bushing are they in they? because if they are 1"x1/2" they WILL fit our 15mm PVC and I can verify that as I have these.

- Brad
    The bushing size is 1" x 1/2" PVC. These are identical to +bow bushings as well. I can use my calipers to measure the inside diameter, if you want.

Vavoom wrote:I would be interested in purchasing one of these as well. What's the shipping cost to Sydney?
    Shipping is really questionable right now. This is dependent on the size of the box and its weight. If you guys get more LPLs, the shipping is going to go up; but, there's going to be more people to split the charge for shipping (me included).

Unknown wrote:If you got them made with a CNC would prices go up or stay the same?
    If I made them with a CNC, the prices would go down. I don't have any quotes yet, but I will keep you guys updated.

Mozart wrote:Wow. So, you're saying $35 a pop, if we got more than three, plus shipping? Yeah, I'll take at least one. Who's gonna set up the group order? Actually, I'll do it.

I'll need cash before I pay for them. Let me know if you're down for one. Legit only, don't mess me around please. PM if you want one. I'll contact Merzlin when I get a few pms. Lol, pms...
    Well, they're going to be a bit more expensive than $35.00 each. Materials in plastic (UHMW and polycarbonate), K26 springs + the extension springs, and all the skirt seals add up quickly. So currently, the price is $60.00, but I am completely negotiable; meaning, if you guys get a bulk order going, I'm am completely compatible if you want to get a discount. Let me know!

As always, thanks for the feedback, keep me updated on your order, and I'll keep you guys updated on the CNC thing! Thanks again!
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:33 pm

Not to be the nit-picker, but are we talking USD or AUD?

Oxy, if you're interested, I'm sure I'll come on-board for one. Maybe a couple of the other Brissy guys may be keen as well. Direct shipping from the US to yourself, and then just post mine out to me. Should work out pretty good for everyone.

Cheers,
    Merzlin
    Merzlin

Post  Merzlin Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:35 pm

clunk07 wrote:Not to be the nit-picker, but are we talking USD or AUD?

Oxy, if you're interested, I'm sure I'll come on-board for one. Maybe a couple of the other Brissy guys may be keen as well. Direct shipping from the US to yourself, and then just post mine out to me. Should work out pretty good for everyone.

Cheers,
    I'm speaking in perspective of USD, let me convert that for you guys:

Price for you guys in Australia: 55.95AU

That's without a bulk order discount as well.

Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:47 pm

Hwy Clunk,

Already said I'd put together a group order man, lol. If you're interested, send me a PM.

Merzlin has specified he's able to make more and pretty quickly, if need be. At the moment, there are four interested. Was thinking there'll probably be about ten or more interested, hah. I'll leave it at least a week.

Cody
    Merzlin
    Merzlin

Post  Merzlin Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:35 am

I'd just like to let all users whom are interested in purchasing one, or multiples, of the homemade Lock 'n' Loads that I have access to a CNC machine. This will allow me to make moreLPLs in a faster duration. So as far as supply becomes concerned, I can meet all needs, whether it be a bulk order or not!

If you have any questions, let me know. I'll be more than happy to answer them
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:57 am

Once you get a batch from the CNC, I'll be up for getting a couple.

After I saw you post these on NH I went and watched all your youtube videos, they are very good quality.

Also, would you be interested in selling plus bows?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:04 am

Mozart wrote:Hwy Clunk,

Already said I'd put together a group order man, lol. If you're interested, send me a PM.

Merzlin has specified he's able to make more and pretty quickly, if need be. At the moment, there are four interested. Was thinking there'll probably be about ten or more interested, hah. I'll leave it at least a week.

Cody

I know you did mate, but I thought it would be smarter to break this up into a State order, as it would cut-down on postage costs quite a fair bit. We're both well experienced in shipping costs from mine to yours.. haha. It's just logistics, and I'm in no rush. I'd actually prefer to wait for the CNC version anyway.

Cheers,
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:33 am

As it stands, I have six well mannered chaps with a definite yes. Messaged Clunk to figure out what's going on there. Any one else interested, shoot me a pm.

Cody
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:39 am

As I said in my PM mate, it's just logistic's and money.

There's no way you can post an order of these units from the US to Tas, and then on to Qld, at the same cost as direct from the US to Brisbane.

Plus, depending on the guys in Brisbane that are interested, alot of secondary postage costs would be eliminated with hand-delivery, pick-up at war etc.

Nothing personal, just good business sense.

Cheers,
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:42 am

Fair call, I'll read your pm and reply there.

Edit: I've contacted Merzlin about shipping, will go with the cheaper option, obviously. I'll keep everyone informed. (:
    Genacon
    Genacon

Post  Genacon Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:25 pm

Vavoom wrote:I would be interested in purchasing one of these as well. What's the shipping cost to Sydney?

2120 wrote:I'll be one of those guys eagerly interested. But yeah kinda worried about customs, especially if you ship it in one piece. Unlike a boxed gun from a manufacturer, this looks too industrial to be a toy gun

I'm also interested in buying one of these. That makes three for Sydney wanting a L+L.

Would it work out cheaper getting a bunch into the country first and then shipping them off to people in different states, or cheaper shipping a few in to the country and then just shipping it to someone in the same state?

Personally i would have no problem driving to someones place in Sydney to pick one up, as that would also save (never mind the cost of petrol) on shipping.

EDIT : Reply To Mozart

Mozart wrote:Shall I put your name down for a definite one?

Yes, Please.

Last edited by Genacon on Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:34 pm

Hey man,

I'm doing a group order. Currently in the process of figuring out the cheapest option for us all, although I think what will happen is we'll ship them all to me, then I can ship three out to one of you Sidney guys and you can pick them up/drop them off, or whatever.

Shall I put your name down for a definite one?
    Merzlin
    Merzlin

Post  Merzlin Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:22 pm

Hey guys, been almost a month since the latest activity. Unfortunately, Mozart was unable to negotiate some conflicting terms as far as shipping arrangements are concerned; due to the incompatibility between the consumer, that group buy has dissipated.

However, I am still offering these blasters to Nerfers in Australia. I have several different options as far as customs are concerned, and compatible with reasonable requests. If you have any questions, please contact me here and / or my business email: jt16882@gmail.com

Again, I am still selling these blasters, and if OzNerf would like to arrange another group buy (small-large), just let me know!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:51 am