As I said I've been painting my gun this weekend I'm not completely finished but I thought I would post a few pics and briefly explain my Nitefinder integration plus the general mods.
I wish I could do a better write-up but the guns already finished.
First the general mods.
I won't go into the brass barrel and breech because I just followed the existing tutorials and it worked sweet.
The after market spring required extra reinforcement, I have seen people use allen keys in the bolt sled I didn't have two the same size so I used some wire coat hanger titan bond epoxy.
Other reinforcements include a new catch spring, I found at bunnings, which is hot glued in place on the catch. Titan bond epoxy was used to fill in some of the free space on the trigger and catch to make them more solid.
Something I need is a new material to pad my plunger head, the foam I used doesn't hold its shape for very long so it offers little protection. Any suggestions would be good. I've also improved the seal on the plunger head by using a size 14 plumbers o-ring in conjunction with the stock o-ring, I found this was perfect to fill the extra space and stop the stock o-ring from moving around. With some silicone grease it works great.
Ok now the Nitefinder integration.
All I can really do is show you photos of the finished product so they may not be the most helpful.
Basically I took the internals out and used a small amount of hot glue combined with trial and error to get the positioning just right. After marking the position I used titan bond 2 part epoxy and a bead of hot glue around the edges to permanently attach it to the front of the Longshot.
The 50mm DWV I used has to be attached when the Nitefinder and Longshot are dry and completely put back together, to ensure it won't interfere with any of the blasters functions. Then I used, the same method I used to attach the the Nitefinder to the Longshot, on the 50mm DWV.
There is a con, after this mod the blaster is very difficult to take apart and put back together.