Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+11
Unknown
Luke
Nyancatpro
oznerfnerd
Jeo
mister_elliott
clunk07
Joey
littlebro05
Silent Scope
RL
15 posters

This isn't a damn grammar forum

RL
    RL

This isn't a damn grammar forum  Empty This isn't a damn grammar forum

Post  RL Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:51 pm

Mods/admins, please feel free to slap me on the wrist, but I just needed to get this out here. My understanding is that whilst we are expected to be reasonably literate and fluent in our writing in these forums. But I absolutely hate it when other people barge in and start correcting each other on the smallest of things.

I'm not on this nerf forum to check for every minute spelling, grammatical, or syntax error. So don't do the same. As long as I can coherently understand you, without having to have a second or third take, you're fine.

Now just to make an example of someone...

Which is better? Overhauled AT3K or Doomsayer
    Nyancatpro on Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:19 pm

As the title suggests comma missing I was wondering what was better. The spring powered Doomsayer or the air powered Air Tech 3000 overhauled There should be a question mark here!. What I want the blasters to be judged on is reliability (likelihood of jamming, how many shots you can put through it etc needs a full stop as this is an abbreviation), range and how fun it is to use.
    I just want a personal opinion so don't criticise others' opinions
    Plz Please comment,
    NyanCatPro "Nyan Nyan!" :3
    =======================================

Re: Possibility Of Dual Wielding Barrel Break
    Nyancatpro on Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:21 pm
    Shit, where do I start?!Why not make dart holders for the barrel breaks ? now you have to capitalizeyou sort of get cardboard comma then measure the difference between the holes and then put something to hold them up there PUNCTUATION and then just put the darts on and so all u need to do is pop them in :3 Are those meant to be like testicles?
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

This isn't a damn grammar forum  Empty Re: This isn't a damn grammar forum

Post  Silent Scope Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:56 pm

Thank you for addressing this issue.

I feel that this may be an isolated case relating to one or two members committing to these antagonising measures. As a result, I'm not going to make any official warnings here but bear in mind that I will now be obligated to crack down on members who do breech the backseat moderating rules. I'm usually lenient on these matters but I too have been noticing these incidents occurring lately.

You have been warned people. Now go back to your rooms and play with your dart blasters.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:08 pm

I've already warned Nyancatpro once. If it happens again, SS or clunk will be dealing with it. This user has been the only one who has been actually doing the 'correction' of grammar.

If it gets out of hand... well you know who to PM.
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:55 pm

Just to add on that note, I have no intentions of delaying the inevitable with the strike system. You will be banned for a couple of days to help alleviate this problem.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:07 pm

I am glad that you guys are working on the case, backseat moderating has been an issue for a long time. A bi-product of the way things used to be run I believe.

In the last month I feel this place has been better than ever and it is all owed to the currents mods/admins
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:00 am

Joey wrote:I am glad that you guys are working on the case, backseat moderating has been an issue for a long time. A bi-product of the way things used to be run I believe.

In the last month I feel this place has been better than ever and it is all owed to the currents mods/admins

Thanks Joey,

I feel the maturity level has increased quite a bit around here lately. Maybe people are starting to get a sense of pride for this place after the introduction of the other site. Also, a few of the younger member's have stepped up to fill some gaps, which is rather pleasing to see.

I too have noticed a bit of BSM, but have been a bit pushed for time to deal with it. That won't always be the case though...

Cheers,
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:48 am

I have been liking oznerf more and more with the current leadership.

There have still been a few ugly bits of personality popping up here and there but it's definitely trending downwards. I appreciate all the efforts SS and support staff put in around here.
    Jeo
    Jeo

Post  Jeo Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:44 am

Joey wrote:In the last month I feel this place has been better than ever and it is all owed to the currents mods/admins

Agreed!
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:59 am

Jeo wrote:
    Joey wrote:In the last month I feel this place has been better than ever and it is all owed to the currents mods/admins

Agreed!

And seconded!

That latest young grammar expert is quite the little dick, isn't he?

Especially when he CAN'T @#$%ING SPELL!
    Nyancatpro
    Nyancatpro

Post  Nyancatpro Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:09 pm

Why do I feel like i'm being followed by you? Anyway, the sign ':3' basically means a cat smile. I sort of feel sad now because I seemed to be the only one targeted T.T
    I guess i'll just go find another hobby apart from nerf for a couple months then see if I get a better welcome than this.
    Out, Nyan
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Nyancatpro wrote:I sort of feel sad now because I seemed to be the only one targeted T.T
    Maybe its because your the one at fault?

Last edited by Luke on Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:19 pm

Luke, your kidding...
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:20 pm

Unknown, No I wasn't.

ALSO:
    Nyancatpro wrote:
    camo1010 wrote::
    Well I work in a store room for a decent size company that has alot of springs and other useful stuff lying around. when I get my blaster i might have to have a look in it to see what I could utilise some of my resources for.

I like to experiment with stuff so might see what crazy crap i come up with

"Alot" is actually two words a lot Just saying because my english teacher gets so pissed off when someone writes it that way -.-

Nyancatpro wrote:
    shadownerfer wrote:
    TooBz wrote:
    redcricket077 wrote:Is there an issue with the hot glue breaking off? I think some of the hot glue darts last war cracked up. I just thought it may be the brand of Glue you are using?
    Would that happen to be me Red?
    And yes there is an issue with hot glue breaking off as it will reveal the metal weight. That's why SS suggeted to me to always put a dab of hot glue before placing a weight.

TooBz: That is what i did from the first dart i made.
    Isn't it grammatically correct to type 'TooBz: That was what i did from the first dart i made one?' Btw, keep one trying :3
    That is what I was referring to.
    Brunius

Post  Brunius Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:35 pm

FFS, Can we just stop flaming each other? There's really no need for this.
    Nyancatpro
    Nyancatpro

Post  Nyancatpro Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:36 pm

Thank you Brunius.
    Farewell
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:39 pm

Nyancatpro wrote:Thank you Brunius.
    Farewell
    Mate, you do realise you DON'T have to leave. We were just pointing it out so you learn not to do it again.
    TooBz
    TooBz

Post  TooBz Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:40 pm

BYE BYE THEN!
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:51 pm

First of all, I wasn't flaming you specifically. Why would I hate on you personally? Think about it - I don't know you, I can only judge you on what you've contributed to the forum. And as I looked into your posts, you were being ridiculously pedantic with your 'knowledge of grammar'.

I just wanted to make myself clear, I'm not going to repeat anything I've already said, or what the admins and mods have already brought up.

Again I'll make it clear, your behaviour back then is not welcome, but you most definitely are, providing you conduct yourself appropriately
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:51 pm

2120 wrote:First of all, I wasn't flaming you specifically. Why would I hate on you personally? Think about it - I don't know you, I can only judge you on what you've contributed to the forum. And as I looked into your posts, you were being ridiculously pedantic with your 'knowledge of grammar'.

I just wanted to make myself clear, I'm not going to repeat anything I've already said, or what the admins and mods have already brought up.

But... just in case, I'll make it clear, your behaviour back then is not welcome, but you most definitely are, providing you conduct yourself appropriately
    |||Boone|||
    |||Boone|||

Post  |||Boone||| Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:04 pm

I'm sorry Nyancatpro, but you are just being pathetic here. One doesn't just walk out because someone (or many people) have taken offense to something they have done. A guy flamed me on a different forum, I didn't leave. Mind you the forum was shut down a month later but that's no the point. You are being, for want of a better word, a complete pussy and you need to stop.
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:09 pm

|||Boone||| wrote:I'm sorry Nyancatpro, but you are just being pathetic here. One doesn't just walk out because someone (or many people) have taken offense to something they have done. A guy flamed me on a different forum, I didn't leave. Mind you the forum was shut down a month later but that's no the point. You are being, for want of a better word, a complete pussy and you need to stop.
    I agrree it IS pathetic, and you could've said a little version or his avatar.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:27 pm

Alright guys. This flaming better stop. Just because a member didn't know about BSM'ing doesn't mean we all go target him. You guys are doing what exactly what winterstrike did, by humiliating one person. It's not on. Request this thread to be locked since I can't moderate this section of the forum and deleted. Thanks

Cyberbullying is not cool at all, and is actually one of the violation of rules of not flaming each other. How would you guys feel if you did something wrong and everyone flamed the shit out of you... not good at all.

Thanks.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:53 pm

2120 wrote:Mods/admins, please feel free to slap me on the wrist, but I just needed to get this out here. My understanding is that whilst we are expected to be reasonably literate and fluent in our writing in these forums. But I absolutely hate it when other people barge in and start correcting each other on the smallest of things.

I'm not on this nerf forum to check for every minute spelling, grammatical, or syntax error. So don't do the same. As long as I can coherently understand you, without having to have a second or third take, you're fine.

Now just to make an example of someone...

I feel that what was an honest post, has been rail-roaded and taken as open slather to flame people. I'm positive this wasn't 2120's intention...

Be assured, that future flaming and Back Seat Moderating will not be tolerated.

Nyancatpro - You've brought this on yourself, honestly. Maybe you should check your own quality of posts before criticising other's, and, re-read the rules. Threatening to leave really isn't going to bother anyone, so why not work on becoming a better member, rather than just throwing in the towel.

Luke - consider this your official warning. We've discussed your negative attitude previously, and to be honest, you had turned over a new leaf until this...

Cheers,
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:35 pm

Urgh, is this what you people get up to when I go to work on the one day I'm not available to help administrate this site?!

Not happy, I will be sending PMs later today to the various members I need to discuss further matters with to alleviate anymore issues already raised here.

Not happy, Jan....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:17 pm