Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Calendar Calendar


+25
LJNERF
Photo Ninja
-Aj-
Luke
False
redcricket077
melbnerf619
Slammin Sam
littlebro05
Roger Explosion
Winterstrike
Wolf
Silent Scope
Unknown
mister_elliott
Akimbo Assassin
oznerfnerd
Reaper
Swatsonia
RL
abowden
FaytZero
Joey
clunk07
Dietzie
29 posters

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Poll

    Do we need this

    [ 21 ]
    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Bar_left55%Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Bar_right [55%] 
    [ 11 ]
    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Bar_left29%Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Bar_right [29%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Bar_left16%Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Bar_right [16%] 

    Total Votes: 38
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619


    Posts : 711
    Join date : 2011-01-22
    Age : 25
    Location : E-Hills Melbourne

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  melbnerf619 Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:16 pm

    redcricket077 wrote:
    False wrote:@Reaper, I dissagree about having to have over 100 posts to vote. Becuase some people are post-whores and just post crap to get their post count up. Plus other people have been members for over a year and have witnessed what is going on but may have not posted as much as someone else.

    You mean melbnerf619?

    Wasn't just me, i continued it and Reaper started the 100 post thing.
    Luke
    Luke


    Posts : 986
    Join date : 2011-02-04
    Age : 24
    Location : Patterson Lakes, Melbourne

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  Luke Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:17 pm

    Reaper wrote:I voted yes, but I doubt that it will be necessary; however, it makes good insurance against the admins. Personally, we presently have the best admins I've ever seen on any site, ever here, IMO, but that could change as more admins come and go.

    Anyone who have been A) in the community for over a year and B) have over 100 posts should be able to vote, as they will be the ones with a lot of experience. Anyone who doesn't fit either of those criteria should not be allowed to vote, as they are more than likely 'n00bs' or inexperienced in the ways of the admins (no offence intended to anyone here).
    Yep here is proof.

    -Luke
    -Aj-
    -Aj-
    Moderator
    Moderator


    Posts : 406
    Join date : 2009-07-20
    Age : 32
    Location : Adelaide. South Australia

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  -Aj- Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:21 pm

    This thread makes me lol.

    To the people complaining.. who are you? where did your sense of entitlement come from? what have you done to advance the nerfing community of Australia?

    This site has never been, nor has it ever advertised itself, as being a democracy. Letting the majority decide things generally doesn't work, as the majority are generally idiots.

    I dont understand how anybody who's a member, who probably hasn't contributed anything in terms of original mods, who isn't know to host wars etc can demand something from oznerf.. what the <Censored> do we owe you?

    peace haters, imma go back to being a baller now, continue with your imaginary internets battles

    Aj



    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Bow to me for I am your new god mod

    Roger Explosion wrote:you won't even get close to hitting the broardside of Aj's ego using stock streamlines
    abowden
    abowden


    Posts : 296
    Join date : 2010-12-16
    Location : launceston

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  abowden Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:09 am

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 38441_7dtr2scy8f_m
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser


    Posts : 2533
    Join date : 2009-07-07
    Age : 29
    Location : Brisbane Boi!

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  littlebro05 Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:17 am

    @abowden - I highly agree. Seriously, none of us (except for a few certain individuals) have personally gone out to attack the AN site. Like seriously, we're arguing over NOTHING. Nerf is just a HOBBY. Get OVER yourselves and just go on with what you were doing before.

    A bunch of random internet people arguing over some stupid forum war? Nerf is just a toy. I play it, you play it. This REALLY is a bunch of Nerds fighting over something so silly.

    Like -Aj- said, these 'imaginary internet battles' are a LOL to him. I think these battles are utterly pointless.
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant


    Posts : 349
    Join date : 2011-04-22
    Age : 52
    Location : NSW

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  oznerfnerd Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:27 am

    -Aj- wrote:This thread makes me lol.

    To the people complaining.. who are you? where did your sense of entitlement come from? what have you done to advance the nerfing community of Australia?

    This site has never been, nor has it ever advertised itself, as being a democracy. Letting the majority decide things generally doesn't work, as the majority are generally idiots.

    I dont understand how anybody who's a member, who probably hasn't contributed anything in terms of original mods, who isn't know to host wars etc can demand something from oznerf.. what the <Censored> do we owe you?

    peace haters, imma go back to being a baller now, continue with your imaginary internets battles

    Aj


    This is a shocking attitude to take...unbelievable

    Fair enough, this thread is bordering on being a whinge session, but some have a point.

    People aren't "demanding" anything here, that hasn't been done.

    As for the majority being "idiots", that's your opinion. Are you the standard by which all shall be judged?

    Being older than you (and I reluctantly pull the age card, I am very young people friendly), I can tell you that this kind of attitude is where we get:

    Crooked politicians

    Crooked councilors

    Right wing christians who want to tell you how to live.

    And various other self righteous arses who want to make us do things their way because "they know what's best for us".

    I haven't complained about the mods here. If you check my posts, you will see that I have always said that there's no need to complain.

    I believe that the mods do a good job here, and are fairly mature.

    Having said that, this kind of post would alienate many and belittles the good work that has been done.


    Cheers,


    Last edited by oznerfnerd on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    Photo Ninja
    Photo Ninja


    Posts : 159
    Join date : 2011-03-26
    Age : 25
    Location : Ipswich, Queensland

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  Photo Ninja Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:30 am

    Yeah I agree with littlebro05 and abowden, we should be sharing experiences and ideas with each other not flaming or trying to belittling.
    Wolf
    Wolf


    Posts : 37
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 23
    Location : North Brisbane,Qld

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  Wolf Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:09 am

    Yeah, I totally agree. This is so pointless. If you have to argue, really, it has to be on a single IMPORTANT issue, not something that's gonna turn to Sh*T.
    LJNERF
    LJNERF


    Posts : 18
    Join date : 2011-04-17
    Age : 22
    Location : brisbane

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  LJNERF Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:26 am

    I was personally consulted by an admin over my post quality and since then I've been more careful about how I post so really, admins here may be tough on newcomers but its the best thing for them to stop them being banned in the long run.
    avatar
    Winterstrike


    Posts : 260
    Join date : 2009-04-16
    Age : 43
    Location : Adelaide SA

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  Winterstrike Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:28 am

    People aren't "demanding" anything here, that hasn't been done.

    That's actually untrue. There were several demands made of me by several forum members, which included me stepping down from admin(which I did willingly as I saw where this place was headed) and for me to move all their hard "work" over to my forum like I'm some kind of servant to them and I have nothing else better to do with my time. I could name names but suffice to say some of those members(even an admin) are still present and active here and I'm glad they're absent from AN.

    Most members will never see what goes on behind the scenes and I hope they never do as it's quite disheartening.

    I believe that the mods do a good job here, and are fairly mature.

    I believe this to an absolute crock as most admins here, founders especially, don't really give two shits about what happens to nerf as a sport. Hence they treat this place with casual flippancy. To prove my point even further, just take a look at how many admins have either gotten bored with nerf and quit/have never attended a nerf war in their life. A lot of us have moved on to make nerf a very real and important part of our life and it's more than just a passing hobby to us. If nerf is just something you just do for kicks, that's all very well but to us anyway, nerf is serious business. The admins who do care and actually put their money where their mouth is(invested in nerf, organise wars or mod a ton) have all moved to AN already with the firm exception of littlebro and clunk. Mad props go out to those two for sticking with place but the sentiment that is present in this thread is sickening to the point that we felt forced to move. WA has already done that and I can say with confidence that now SA, VIC and NSW all have too. Congragulations QLD, ACT, TAS and NT! This place is all yours now.

    And various other self righteous arses who want to make us do things their way because "they know what's best for us".

    I know this is not aimed at anyone in particular and especially not at me since Oznerfnerd is a hell cool guy. Thing is, even if I was a "self righteous arse" I'm going to keep right on being that because I don't see most of you pulling your thumb out of your arse to actually do anything to further this hobby along as a real sport. Some people have donated lots of time and even money to me already to make sure nerf grows and I'm not about to let them down. Posting mods/write-ups up are more for gloating if you don't actually do commissions or help people build them. Perhaps when you start organising events, donating cash, feeding us at wars or start selflessly helping others build nerf guns then you can start lecturing us "self righteous arses" about what we should do. Until then, sit back, enjoy the ride and don't get in the way.

    Oh, and for those interested, Reign of Foam will be held again this year, but this time in Adelaide. Next year is either going to be NSW or WA, depending on what organisation we can get done. It would've been QLD, but after the warm fuzzy feelings I got from that crowd, I might get too emotional and weepy.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser


    Posts : 2533
    Join date : 2009-07-07
    Age : 29
    Location : Brisbane Boi!

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  littlebro05 Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:49 am

    Like I said. I'll say it again. Everybody should just realise NERF is just a HOBBY. You are getting riled up for NO REASON AT ALL. If you have time to argue, go play with your toy blasters, I know I certainly will. Get over yourselves, get some Nerfing happening, who really cares? At the end of the day, it's just a bunch of adults acting like a bunch of kids over a small cookie.

    I seriously do not care where you guys go, we all have our own individual communities and we can build from that. As long as we don't troll each other. Unless you like them 'internet dramas' you really need to get outside...

    As for RoF, I don't really give a flying ****, you organise it whereever you want, you can do it in QLD if you want to, I don't care. Nerf ain't no sport, it's just a hobby. I'll even advertise YOUR SA wars on this site. We still get a good amount of congestion.

    Not to mention that all this arguing is deterring people from our community. Newer members will think we're all assholes and BAM, no more community. Simple as that.
    avatar
    Winterstrike


    Posts : 260
    Join date : 2009-04-16
    Age : 43
    Location : Adelaide SA

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  Winterstrike Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:41 am

    littlebro05 wrote:At the end of the day, it's just a bunch of adults acting like a bunch of kids over a small cookie.

    Nerf ain't no sport, it's just a hobby.

    OK so this is the attitude of your lead war organiser in QLD eh? Right, so it's no surprise why war attendance in QLD is dropping if this is the way you view it. Go ahead and belittle our passion if it makes you feel like a big man. Wow, you're all grown up and as soon as you finish your uni degree and become "respectable"(been there, done that) you'll probably just quit this childish crap and play mature stuff like golf, am I right? Every sport has to start small somewhere and it's this kind of attitude that keeps nerf down. Who needs negative public perception about nerf/paintball/airsoft with people like you internally destroying what we're trying to accomplish?

    Sorry if I'm too "hardcore" for you, but I'm sure people appreciate having a war organiser or admin that isn't going to disappear on them anytime soon. I used to say "Littlebro and Informer are doing wonders for nerf in QLD, but I guess it's just informer now. Hey, he only spends thousands of dollars and countless hours of his time helping us out. Why don't you go ahead and tell him what a "small cookie" nerf is and that he's just wasting his time?
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser


    Posts : 2533
    Join date : 2009-07-07
    Age : 29
    Location : Brisbane Boi!

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  littlebro05 Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:53 am

    I don't where you got that from. Said nothing about you being too hardcore? Stop making stuff up lol. Like I've said before there are three large communities I know about. The Assassin's Guild (Stock Wars), BNG (Brisbane Nerf Group, we do semi-stuff) and Joey's group is another casual group. It's still a hobby. I'm happy for you to call it a sport, I see it as a hobby haha. Sorry if I said it like that, I'm apparently bad at English.

    Not really our numbers have gone up. Our recent south war saw an increase from average of 10 to up to 20. Our central wars have boosted from 16 to 26+. I don't know what you're talking about?

    I said that it's just a bunch of adults fighting over a 'small cookie'. Oh I know how much inf0rm3r has spent, more than you would ever know, until he tells you of course haha. Taking it to a personal level is fighting over a small cookie.
    avatar
    Winterstrike


    Posts : 260
    Join date : 2009-04-16
    Age : 43
    Location : Adelaide SA

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  Winterstrike Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:00 am

    I don't where you got that from. Said nothing about you being too hardcore? Stop making stuff up lol.

    Not really our numbers have gone up. Our recent south war saw an increase from average of 10 to up to 20. Our central wars have boosted from 16 to 26+. I don't know what you're talking about?

    Way to emphasise the unimportant parts of my post. Good job there. Hey, what's that thing that flew right over your head?

    I'm glad to see more and more people nerfing. I'm sincere about that. I'm not happy to see someone with your attitude in charge but hey I'm not there and there's nothing I can do about that. Hopefully someone else with a real passion for it will come along and get things going. Clunk? Unknown maybe?
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin


    Posts : 394
    Join date : 2010-09-16
    Age : 47
    Location : Sydney, NSW

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  Akimbo Assassin Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:08 am

    Hehe, Winterstrike and Littlebro, just calm down.

    It obviously seems like Littlebro feels Nerf is more of a hobby to him while Winterstrike is more serious and passionate about Nerf. Neither of you are wrong in how you think and feel about Nerf. Just like some people think of cars as merely transport from A to B, while others are a lot more passionate about cars, collecting and customisation them.

    I think this thread is originally asking about whether members can voice (or vote) on mods/admins if they aren't satisfied with the work mods/admins are doing. Guess there will always be some people not satisfied with the way things are being run. You can't satisfy everyone. Unless there is one mod/admin who has been abusing his/her power to many members and well known for doing that, he/she will be kicked off the board by other mods/admins.
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope


    Posts : 510
    Join date : 2010-07-01
    Age : 33
    Location : Greenvale, Victoria, Australia

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  Silent Scope Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:18 am

    I hope I'm not the only one that sees the irony of having the QLD notion of nerf viewed as a hobby in contrast with the QLD-based Foam Sports.


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    HELL YEAH ULTIMATE STREET CRED YO!

    Give back to your fellow member and buy his wares. All profits stay in Australia, tune up my VR SS V8, and more.
    In case you're curious about my WTB requests or my Triple Shot products .

    Don't worry, I've compiled a list so far of us VIC crew here, yo.

    Also, can you people start putting titles in PMs? I can't be bothered trying to figure out what the subject and context is within a PM.

    Now a proud owner of a Holden VR Commodore SS V8 with a stage 2 shifter, VVVVRRRRRRRROOOOOOMMMM!
    abowden
    abowden


    Posts : 296
    Join date : 2010-12-16
    Location : launceston

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  abowden Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:40 am

    no, you aren't the only one, and why can't people stop being assholes to each other?
    Unknown
    Unknown


    Posts : 997
    Join date : 2010-07-07
    Age : 23
    Location : North Brisbane

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  Unknown Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:49 am

    My hobby is soccer and soccer is a sport. Well there you go.

    As far as I'm concerned all the communities around here are pretty equal, except Tas and NT (just because of the lack of numbers).

    Now this thread is about the procedure for vote of no confidence, not about "Our community beats yours".

    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser


    Posts : 2533
    Join date : 2009-07-07
    Age : 29
    Location : Brisbane Boi!

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  littlebro05 Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:02 am

    Yeah haha. I can see the irony of that. I may join foam sports, but I still view Nerfing as a hobby. A place where everybody join for wars, show off their junk and have a good time.

    Yes WS, I briefly read it and it went in one eye and didn't go through my noggin' at all. Why? Because I'm a simpleton, just wanting to have wars with others to have some fun.
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant


    Posts : 349
    Join date : 2011-04-22
    Age : 52
    Location : NSW

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  oznerfnerd Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:03 am

    Winterstrike wrote:
    People aren't "demanding" anything here, that hasn't been done.

    That's actually untrue. There were several demands made of me by several forum members, which included me stepping down from admin(which I did willingly as I saw where this place was headed) and for me to move all their hard "work" over to my forum like I'm some kind of servant to them and I have nothing else better to do with my time. I could name names but suffice to say some of those members(even an admin) are still present and active here and I'm glad they're absent from AN.

    Most members will never see what goes on behind the scenes and I hope they never do as it's quite disheartening.

    I believe that the mods do a good job here, and are fairly mature.

    I believe this to an absolute crock as most admins here, founders especially, don't really give two shits about what happens to nerf as a sport. Hence they treat this place with casual flippancy. To prove my point even further, just take a look at how many admins have either gotten bored with nerf and quit/have never attended a nerf war in their life. A lot of us have moved on to make nerf a very real and important part of our life and it's more than just a passing hobby to us. If nerf is just something you just do for kicks, that's all very well but to us anyway, nerf is serious business. The admins who do care and actually put their money where their mouth is(invested in nerf, organise wars or mod a ton) have all moved to AN already with the firm exception of littlebro and clunk. Mad props go out to those two for sticking with place but the sentiment that is present in this thread is sickening to the point that we felt forced to move. WA has already done that and I can say with confidence that now SA, VIC and NSW all have too. Congragulations QLD, ACT, TAS and NT! This place is all yours now.

    And various other self righteous arses who want to make us do things their way because "they know what's best for us".

    I know this is not aimed at anyone in particular and especially not at me since Oznerfnerd is a hell cool guy. Thing is, even if I was a "self righteous arse" I'm going to keep right on being that because I don't see most of you pulling your thumb out of your arse to actually do anything to further this hobby along as a real sport. Some people have donated lots of time and even money to me already to make sure nerf grows and I'm not about to let them down. Posting mods/write-ups up are more for gloating if you don't actually do commissions or help people build them. Perhaps when you start organising events, donating cash, feeding us at wars or start selflessly helping others build nerf guns then you can start lecturing us "self righteous arses" about what we should do. Until then, sit back, enjoy the ride and don't get in the way.

    Oh, and for those interested, Reign of Foam will be held again this year, but this time in Adelaide. Next year is either going to be NSW or WA, depending on what organisation we can get done. It would've been QLD, but after the warm fuzzy feelings I got from that crowd, I might get too emotional and weepy.

    Hey Winterstrike,

    There was nothing in my post aimed at you at all, nothing.

    The "demands" bit...

    I'm only talking about this post, what I've seen here. I don't know what else has happened previously or by PM, and it's not my business anyway.

    Mods being reasonably mature...

    I did say "reasonably", and again, I'm not sure what's going on in the backgroud. I do try not to read too much into things.

    Self righteous arses...

    Not you, I didn't even think of your name.

    These "arses" are people you meet in everyday life, who just want you to do things their way. They look for positions where they can satisfy their urges.

    Contribution...

    I sell products for a hobby that I personally enjoy. Of course I do it at a profit, but it is a small one (I have a day job).

    My products are designed to make modding easier for kids, and also to give them better performance from their blasters.

    When I see a kid posting a question on the forum about one of the models I'm into, I try to give him some real advice.

    That's as much contributing I can do at this stage of my life.

    To summarize,

    I think that given the age of our average punter, a vote system could get messy.

    While I agree with some of AJ's points, his delivery could be construed as offensive and self opiniated too many, and may undermine the work of all the mods.

    The SGNerf forum is an example of how we should aspire to behave. The Nerfhaven forum is an example of where we could end up if we carry on like this all the time

    Wolf
    Wolf


    Posts : 37
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 23
    Location : North Brisbane,Qld

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  Wolf Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:06 am

    Wow, Guys, this is like racial discrimination (but between states)! Calm Down. This a community dedicated to Nerf, for goodness sakes! This isn't politics.

    Littlebro does great wars, just because he views it as a hobby, doesn't mean his wars are any different.

    Btw oznerfnerd, I agree entirely, you've got the ace in the hole.
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant


    Posts : 536
    Join date : 2009-08-04
    Age : 31
    Location : Ipswich, Brisbane, Australia

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  inf0rm3r Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:30 am

    Can't we all just get along?
    abowden
    abowden


    Posts : 296
    Join date : 2010-12-16
    Location : launceston

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  abowden Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:43 am

    Apparently not, I think this has gone way out of hand.
    Joey
    Joey


    Posts : 551
    Join date : 2010-08-07
    Age : 34
    Location : Brisbane

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  Joey Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:39 am

    Going off this thread maybe a vote of no confidence in the members would be a better approach :p


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Slydev nerf parts and accessories store
    Dietzie
    Dietzie


    Posts : 361
    Join date : 2010-10-30
    Age : 37
    Location : Granville, Queensland

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  Dietzie Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:18 am

    Well..... If I had seen where this was going I wouldn't have bothered posting.
    I ask IF we need this procedure in case an admin OR mod gets to big for their boots and it turns in to a flame war between two groups that should be working together.

    I will try to bring us all back to the subject at hand.
    I see the points of all three sides of this debate and would like to ask the current admin/mod and if possible founder team to PM me or post the current procedure as they see it.
    I know this might be seen as me asking a lot as I am just a peasant here but I would like to see NERF moving further towards being a recognized sport which won't happen if we 1: can't all get along. 2:Have our internal power structure start power tripping.

    Now if we can continue this debate with out the flameage, finger pointing and "mines better than yours-ing"
    Thanking everyone in advance for their co-operation.


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    To grow old is inevitable
    To grow up is optional
    Adult member of the NIC: I PLAY WITH TOY GUNS AND I VOTE

    Trying to bring organized wars to the Fraser Coast

    Facebook: Knownas Dietzie. Find me through Brisbane Nerf Group or Fraser Coast Nerf Group
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 41
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  clunk07 Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:21 am

    Winterstrike wrote:
    Oh, and for those interested, Reign of Foam will be held again this year, but this time in Adelaide. Next year is either going to be NSW or WA, depending on what organisation we can get done. It would've been QLD, but after the warm fuzzy feelings I got from that crowd, I might get too emotional and weepy.

    TBH, you're probably more concerned about having your ass handed to you, rather than getting emotional, but I'm pretty sure that either way, you'd still be weepy...

    Us Qlder's are a pretty proud bunch, and we tend to stick together fairly well. You getting on here to tell us all about how good AN is and how shit ON is - that's just your opinion, and it counts no more than anyone else's.

    I understand where you're coming from, and what you're trying to achieve Chad, and hats off to you for taking the plunge. Personally, I couldn't give a crap whether Nerf is considered a hobby or sport. Just as long as it gets the kids off the street/couch. You could call it classical cross-country safety dart throwing, for all I care. I doubt I will ever participate in a war, though I have organised 2 so far, with attendee's numbering around 15 each time. Not bad for a town sporting 3000 people...

    I'm here to help people out, end of story. Don't really care if I'm doing it as an admin, donator or just a plain old member. And couldn't care less where they're located, how old they are etc etc. But, I'm not here to deal with crap. I lack the intellectual ability to have text-related arguments over the internet. If I see something wrong, I speak up. Always have, always will. That's who I am, and it's not going to change. If someone's got a genuine issue with me, let's deal with it IRL.

    Anyway, that's my piece. I'm at the stage where this bullshit has convinced me to down-scale my efforts, both on and off this site. Which is a shame really...

    But, this is grossly off-topic. Regardless of how this place is run (dicatorship/democracy etc etc), member's still need a voice. Attitude reflects leadership, and we're meant to be about attracting new member's, are we not???

    Cheers,


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Cwc_lo10

    Clunk Weapons Co. Blaster-smith Services:
    Commissions offered on Stampede, LongShot, Spectre, LED Maverick.

    CWC Blaster-smith Services
    CWC Custom Paint
    abowden
    abowden


    Posts : 296
    Join date : 2010-12-16
    Location : launceston

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  abowden Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:46 am

    this is sad. very sad.
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant


    Posts : 349
    Join date : 2011-04-22
    Age : 52
    Location : NSW

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  oznerfnerd Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:48 am

    clunk07 wrote:
    Winterstrike wrote:
    Oh, and for those interested, Reign of Foam will be held again this year, but this time in Adelaide. Next year is either going to be NSW or WA, depending on what organisation we can get done. It would've been QLD, but after the warm fuzzy feelings I got from that crowd, I might get too emotional and weepy.

    TBH, you're probably more concerned about having your ass handed to you, rather than getting emotional, but I'm pretty sure that either way, you'd still be weepy...

    Us Qlder's are a pretty proud bunch, and we tend to stick together fairly well. You getting on here to tell us all about how good AN is and how shit ON is - that's just your opinion, and it counts no more than anyone else's.

    I understand where you're coming from, and what you're trying to achieve Chad, and hats off to you for taking the plunge. Personally, I couldn't give a crap whether Nerf is considered a hobby or sport. Just as long as it gets the kids off the street/couch. You could call it classical cross-country safety dart throwing, for all I care. I doubt I will ever participate in a war, though I have organised 2 so far, with attendee's numbering around 15 each time. Not bad for a town sporting 3000 people...

    I'm here to help people out, end of story. Don't really care if I'm doing it as an admin, donator or just a plain old member. And couldn't care less where they're located, how old they are etc etc. But, I'm not here to deal with crap. I lack the intellectual ability to have text-related arguments over the internet. If I see something wrong, I speak up. Always have, always will. That's who I am, and it's not going to change. If someone's got a genuine issue with me, let's deal with it IRL.

    Anyway, that's my piece. I'm at the stage where this bullshit has convinced me to down-scale my efforts, both on and off this site. Which is a shame really...

    But, this is grossly off-topic. Regardless of how this place is run (dicatorship/democracy etc etc), member's still need a voice. Attitude reflects leadership, and we're meant to be about attracting new member's, are we not???

    Cheers,

    "Classical cross country safety dart throwing"

    Sweet!

    That's got a nice ring to it.

    Oh, and some good points as well
    Joey
    Joey


    Posts : 551
    Join date : 2010-08-07
    Age : 34
    Location : Brisbane

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  Joey Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:17 am

    Classic clunk, *sigged*


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Slydev nerf parts and accessories store
    LJNERF
    LJNERF


    Posts : 18
    Join date : 2011-04-17
    Age : 22
    Location : brisbane

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  LJNERF Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:21 am

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Arguin11

    Nuf said
    abowden
    abowden


    Posts : 296
    Join date : 2010-12-16
    Location : launceston

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  abowden Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:23 pm

    Good, the arguing has stopped, now back on topic?
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619


    Posts : 711
    Join date : 2011-01-22
    Age : 25
    Location : E-Hills Melbourne

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  melbnerf619 Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:03 pm

    abowden wrote:Good, the arguing has stopped, now back on topic?

    This should just be cut. The only problems people are picking up is the occasional mistake by a mod or admin. NOT THAT BIG A DEAL. Everyone makes mistakes.

    -James
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott


    Posts : 327
    Join date : 2011-05-10
    Age : 32
    Location : Ipswich, QLD

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  mister_elliott Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:12 pm

    Pretty sure it's no longer really necessary. On this occasion I think we've got bigger issues than regular members and leadership here.

    WS, you talk about irony, you realise how bad you must look getting all riled up about furthering the sport? You ranting about this (and we ain't even trolling) just makes yourself and the community look bad.

    I'm a person that agrees with you by the way, though I distinguish between its on field nature as a sport (or at very least a game!) and it's off field nature as a hobby. Tinkering, buying parts, getting the most out of a product really fits hand in glove with the ideals and definitions of hobbying. Pelting people from 20m away with the beast you just made, between sheltering from returned fire is about as sporting as you can get. So let's do that.
    Alpha_Chick
    Alpha_Chick


    Posts : 79
    Join date : 2010-12-07
    Age : 32
    Location : Reservoir, Victoria

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  Alpha_Chick Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:20 pm

    Although I agree with mister_elliot about his distinction between nerf as both a sport and a hobby, I gotta say M_E, since when has trying to defend something you are passionate about make you look bad? If anything, its earnt him more respect from me for having the guts to proudly state that he is trying to further the sport...

    Anyways, since everyone is throwing in their 2 bob about this mod system, the way I see it, there is no proper way to have a system of no confidence, especially in a forum that is mainly made up of kids... the way some kids are if they get a ban for rule breaking, they could always just put in a vote of 'no confidence' for a perceived personal attack which only leads to trolling and flaming...


    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 41
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  clunk07 Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:23 pm

    Alpha, I think Elliott's referring to the way he's going about it, not the actual fact that he is.

    I could be wrong, but that's how I intrepreted it.

    Cheers,


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Cwc_lo10

    Clunk Weapons Co. Blaster-smith Services:
    Commissions offered on Stampede, LongShot, Spectre, LED Maverick.

    CWC Blaster-smith Services
    CWC Custom Paint

    Sponsored content


    Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Procedure for vote of no confidence in moderators or admins

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:56 pm