Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+25
Unknown
night stalker
EMEUTIER
Dietzie
melbnerf619
Calico
Combust
-mirsho
Genacon
NachoTaco
Nooft1187
Sadavi5
Eclipse
boosted6
redcricket077
False
Winterstrike
TooBz
RL
Swatsonia
Jeo
Arkham
oxymoron
littlebro05
clunk07
29 posters

CWC modification competition

boosted6
    boosted6

CWC modification competition - Page 3 Empty Re: CWC modification competition

Post  boosted6 Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:22 pm

Who's on the judging panel?
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:24 pm

Clunk, WinterStrike, 2120 and Lefty.
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:28 pm

Cool, i'm happy with that.

Would that be Winterstrike from SA...?
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:35 pm

Yes, it is.

boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:38 pm

Aha. I'll be seeing winterstrike in NZ in around 7 weeks then with Fatyzero, damn its a small world...

See you at Cobra Winter.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:20 pm

Categories and relevant entries as follows:

BEST OVERALL: boosted MNESIA, Calico RF-20, Rocafix LongShot, Captain Crooks Blockade ECS, Acerised Singled LongShot, Jeo LongerStrike.

BEST SPRINGER: Unknown Singled RFSG, boosted MNESIA, Zandor Longunov, Emeutier IPAI LongShot, Holdentem LongShot, ElementGuy Octo-shot.

BEST AIR BLASTER: Kat BBUMBBBBB, Jeo LongerStrike, Acerised BUMMER, Frostythesnowman UltimateStrike, Calico RF-20, Luke Titan, Bakabill Megastrike, Dietzie Piece Maker, False TitMav.

BEST WAR BLASTER: Unknown Swarmfire, NachoTaco LongShot, Captain Crooks SMG Stampede, Genacon Infiltrator, Calico RF-20, Combust Dual Stampede, Emeutier IPAI LongShot, Holdentem LongShot, Bakabill Megastrike, ElementGuy Octo-shot, DK Alpha Pistol, ShadowNerfer LongShot.

BEST ORIGINAL: Rocafix LongShot, Kat BBBBRecon, Genacon Infiltrator, boosted MNESIA, Captain Crooks SMG Stampede, Combust SMG Stampede, RogerExplosion NF HandCannon, Bakabill Megastrike, DK Alpha Pistol, evozn Tek3, Swatsonia Hunter.

BEST NEWB: Holdentem LongShot, ShadowNerfer BBUMB, Rocafix NF, evozn NF, NightStalker NF.

BEST PAINT: GirlyGamer Mav2-D2, boosted MNESIA, Calico RF-20.

BEST SIMPLE MOD: Swatsonia paper barrel, Luke Titan, NachoTaco NF, Rocafix NF, NightStalker NF, evozn NF.

CRAZIEST: Dietzie Piece Maker, Zandor Gemini Launcher, Jeo Storm Tommy, Combust Dual Stampede, Girly Gamer Ripley's Hope.

CWC ENCOURAGEMENT: Captain Crooks Blockade ECS, Zandor Longunov, Combust SMG Stampede, False TitMav, GirlyGamer Ripley's Hope.

To clear up a few things, before this thread gets bombarded with questions/comments.

Best overall blaster refers to overall modifications - ie: must have paint and mechanical modifications. It's not necessarily the best blaster in the competition.

Each person will only have one entry in each category.

I will be attempting to keep it fair, with the distribution of prizes. ie: 1 member won't win a heap of different categories - there will be a maximum of 2 category wins for each member, and I'd be surprised if this even happens.

CWC Encouragement Award is pretty much for blaster's that were difficult to categorise.

Judging will be on a points system, as follow's:

Each judge will submit their choice of 1st and 2nd place for each category. A 1st place will be worth 2 points. A 2nd place will be worth 1 point. The blaster with the highest points allocation from the 4 judges will obviously be the winner. In case of a tie, the 4 judges will re-vote in regards to only the blaster's involved in the tie-breaker. If at the end of that there's still a tie, it will come down to my decision.

WINTERSTRIKE, 2120 & LEFTY - Could you please attempt to get your choices to me by the weekend if at all possible. Obviously the sooner the better.

Now, I really don't want to see any complaining/whining about the categories etc etc. It's cost no one anything to enter, and I've got a fair bit on my plate at the moment. Guaranteed, if you have a sook, it will reflect badly on the judging of your entry. If you have a genuine issue, send me a PM.

So, I'd like to thank everyone for their submission's. It's been a fairly good turn-out, and I look forward to hearing what the other judges have to say.

Cheers,
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:19 pm

Just chasing some opinions from people who have entered the competition, as to the relevance of prizes I've assembled thus far:

* LED Clear Maverick x1
    * CWC stencilled Stampede clips x2
    * Standard 6 round clips x2
    * Recon and Raider stock x1 each
    * Drop-leg holster x1
    * Clear safety glasses x2
    * Recon light attachment x1
    * Longshot Scopes x2
    * Nerf Tactical Scope x1
    * Tasco 4 x 20 Scopes x2
    * Flip-clip connector x1
    * 50 blue foam pre-cuts, 50 small snap caps (various colours) and 100 washer's to suit x1
    * 60 various darts (blue foam stinger's, streamlines, micro's, whistler's, heavy sili-tips) x3
    * AR removed Reflex

Obviously, the smaller prizes will be grouped in to packs. eg: Tasco 4x20 scope and 1 x pack of 60 various darts.

I've decided to steer clear of brass breeches and stampede voltage upgrade kits for a few reasons. The first being the shortage of brass at present, and the low stock of battery charger's. The second, I'm trying to keep the prizes fairly generic. No point giving someone a brass breech, if their personal preference is TripleShot's etc.

Any constructive feedback from member's who have entered the comp. will be appreciated. I'll try to get some pic's uploaded later in the week.

Cheers,
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:22 pm

What is the "Nerf Tactical Scope"?
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:23 pm

Clunk, i think its amazing what you've done, and whatever anyone gets they should and will be happy with.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:24 pm

Luke wrote:What is the "Nerf Tactical Scope"?

It's not the pinpoint sight. It's the scope from the mission kit.

Cheers,
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:26 pm

Is it this? CWC modification competition - Page 3 Mission+Kit+Scope
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:26 pm

No one can complain. They're freeloading basically. No Entry Fee. A great way to 'flaunt' what you got.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:27 pm

boosted6 wrote:Clunk, i think its amazing what you've done, and whatever anyone gets they should and will be happy with.

haha - thanks mate. Just want to see people end up with something actually useful.

I've got a modded barricade here, painted, with a red-laser, that's probably worth around the same as a LED Maverick. I was considering putting it in to the prize pool, but, realistically, I'd need to supply batteries and a charger, which starts to hurt my pocket a fair bit... lol

I know that everyone will appreciate anything that they receive, because we've got such a good bunch of regular member's here.

Cheers,
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:06 pm

I'm feel sorry for you Clunk. Posting is a b***h.

-James
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:16 pm

melbnerf619 wrote:I'm feel sorry for you Clunk. Posting is a b***h.

-James

haha - yeh mate, that's going to be the real killer. Off-loading some of my spare gear isn't much of an issue, and I had all the equip lying around to do the LED Mav. Painting the clips wasn't much of a drama either, as I had an order for some, so just tacked a few more on to the production line.

But, yep, the postage is going to be the real killer. Hence why I'm trying to do prizes that are worth a few $$, but are relatively small and light, without being a cheapskate. Hopefully I'll get to see the Accountant next week, and see if my business venture is viable. If so, then postage costs won't be an issue.

Cheers,
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:16 pm

hey man, didn't see this until today, been on a writing spree with uni assignments this week.

but I will endeavour to do this ASAP, as I did volunteer to judge.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:18 pm

Hey 2120,

I've been meaning to send you a PM, just been busy myself.

No stress though mate, whenever you get the time. Obviously, with the quality of entries, we don't want to rush through it.

You're more than welcome to use whatever criteria you wish to judge. All I need is your top two picks from each category.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:19 am

Oh okay, so you don't necessarily want me to go through each entry and run through the criteria on a points basis?

That will save me plenty of time.
    Calico
    Calico

Post  Calico Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 am

I think whats been put up for prizes is fantastic, I'm so excited!
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:30 am

Just had a suggestion, it would be cool to see a brief 1-2 line explanation from each judge on why they chose which entry the chose, for each category. Would be good to not only see which entry they chose, but understand as well.

Probably be a fair confidence boost for said entry, as well, hah.
    Jeo
    Jeo

Post  Jeo Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:28 am

Not even slightly fussed about the prizes. I'm for more interested in the satisfaction of winning than physically getting something.
    Calico
    Calico

Post  Calico Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:03 am

I'm still stoked I got noms, I've told everyone I know!!!!
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:25 am

Mozart wrote:Just had a suggestion, it would be cool to see a brief 1-2 line explanation from each judge on why they chose which entry the chose, for each category. Would be good to not only see which entry they chose, but understand as well.

Reading this the first time, I agreed with you.

Thinking about it, and considering all the potential flaming that could come from it, I'm not going to bother. This is Clunk's comp, so I'll give him my reasons.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:56 am

2120 wrote:Oh okay, so you don't necessarily want me to go through each entry and run through the criteria on a points basis?

That will save me plenty of time.

Yeh mate, not too concerned. It shouldn't be too time-consuming. Every judge is going to have a different criteria.
    For example, I tend to be looking at the finished product overall. As in, how much effort was put in to the finer details, whether an addition looks like it could come from the factory that way etc etc.
    Whereas, another judge may be looking more at the usefulness in a war/functionality/reliability. I think we should get pretty good results from the judging panel being operated this way.

2120 wrote:
    Mozart wrote:Just had a suggestion, it would be cool to see a brief 1-2 line explanation from each judge on why they chose which entry the chose, for each category. Would be good to not only see which entry they chose, but understand as well.

Reading this the first time, I agreed with you.

Thinking about it, and considering all the potential flaming that could come from it, I'm not going to bother. This is Clunk's comp, so I'll give him my reasons.

Yeh, I can see the potential flaming as well. In a perfect world, it would work...
    Still, I think there should be a fairly decent confidence boost just by entering the comp, and displaying your skills, regardless of whether someone wins a category or not.

Cheers,
    EMEUTIER
    EMEUTIER

Post  EMEUTIER Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:29 am

Hhaha! seeing the category that my submission is in I honestly don't think I have a chance at beating boosted's MNESIA!

That is one AWESOME blaster!

Good luck to all involved!
    And thanks to Clunk for setting this comp up considering the cost in time and postage!

Edit: (BTW. I thought I'd better point out that this is not a complaint)
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:42 am

EMEUTIER wrote:Hhaha! seeing the category that my submission is in I honestly don't think I have a chance at beating boosted's MNESIA!

That is one AWESOME blaster!

Good luck to all involved!
    And thanks to Clunk for setting this comp up considering the cost in time and postage!

Edit: (BTW. I thought I'd better point out that this is not a complaint)

You're also in the best War blaster category mate. An Internal Pump-action LShot is definitely up there for valuable blaster's in a war!!

Cheers,
    Captain Crooks
    Captain Crooks

Post  Captain Crooks Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:37 am

I'm very excited about being omnomnominated for several categories in this comp - that alone has made this whole competition worthwhile to me I'm impressed with the standard of these entries, and the broad range reflecting all the best and extreme aspects of our hobby, from the crazy contraptions to the classy cosmetics - not to mention the enthusiasm of the Australian Nerfing community - lots of folks had a go, and that's the Aussie way!

I think the prizes suit the comp well, and it's a credit to clunk that he is willing to go to the effort to supply them out of his own stash and post them off hither and yon - kudos for that

All that's left to say is thanks again to clunk and to wish all the entrants good luck!

clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:11 pm

Okay, judging is half-way there. There's definitely going to be a few tie-breaker's at this stage, which is good to see.

Some ideas I've had for prizes:

CWC modification competition - Page 3 Dsc_1527

CWC modification competition - Page 3 Dsc_1528

CWC modification competition - Page 3 Dsc_1529

CWC modification competition - Page 3 Dsc_1530

10 categories, and 14 prizes. Gives me a few up my sleeve in case of any close 2nd places!!

Cheers,

Acerised
    Acerised

Post  Acerised Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:33 pm

Clint your so generous!
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:39 pm

Just trying to promote blaster modding mate. I've had that many people ask me to do basic commission's (Mav's NF's etc) because they've been too scared to give it a go themselved. With a bit of encouragement, the large majority of people concerned have succesfully modded their own blaster's. That in itself is a major achievement in my books.

The reason for the extra prizes is that there's really too many blaster's of such a high calibre in some categories, to have only one prize.

Thanks for your kind words everyone.

Cheers,
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:00 pm

Hey clunk, I just finished my first draft of judging... is Saturday a good deadline time? I'll email you the stuff cause I did it in an excel file.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:19 am

2120 wrote:Hey clunk, I just finished my first draft of judging... is Saturday a good deadline time? I'll email you the stuff cause I did it in an excel file.

Yeh mate, Saturday will be fine. I read my roster wrong (which isn't hard to do, it's a fricking complex bit of paperwork...), and I'm actually working through the weekend, right up until 0400 Wednesday morning. So, if you need a bit more time, then that's not a problem.

Just email it through to clunkweaponsco@hotmail.com once you've had time to finish it. Once again, thanks for helping out with the judging.

All things going to plan, Results will be posted towards the end of next week.

Cheers,
    Calico
    Calico

Post  Calico Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:19 am

looks like some neat packs there. clear mav is nice *coff*
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:46 am

Calico wrote:looks like some neat packs there. clear mav is nice *coff*

Haha I should've taken a picture of it with the led's turned on. There's 12 red led's running off a 9v battery. I do commission them though *cough cough*

Cheers,
    Eclipse
    Eclipse

Post  Eclipse Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:58 am

clunk07 wrote:
    Calico wrote:looks like some neat packs there. clear mav is nice *coff*

Haha I should've taken a picture of it with the led's turned on. There's 12 red led's running off a 9v battery. I do commission them though *cough cough*

Cheers,

You say you commission clear LED Mavericks? Would you sell the blaster on it's own, NIB or stock out of box, and if so, for how much?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:04 am