Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+15
Kat
-mirsho
melbnerf619
KingCam
mister_elliott
RL
ZeusPwns
Luke
Unknown
TooBz
clunk07
Silent Scope
littlebro05
Bacara
shadownerfer
19 posters

Shadow's stefan service CHEAPEST ON OZNERF!!!!!!!!!!

melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Shadow's stefan service CHEAPEST ON OZNERF!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Shadow's stefan service CHEAPEST ON OZNERF!!!!!!!!!!

Post  melbnerf619 Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:32 pm

Looks like I aint going to a war anytime soon.
    shadownerfer
    shadownerfer

Shadow's stefan service CHEAPEST ON OZNERF!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Shadow's stefan service CHEAPEST ON OZNERF!!!!!!!!!!

Post  shadownerfer Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:03 am

I can do postage. Thats if your talking to me.

-Hussein
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:38 am

shadownerfer wrote:I can do postage. Thats if your talking to me.

-Hussein

I said that because of these stupid new rules.

-James
    shadownerfer
    shadownerfer

Post  shadownerfer Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:18 am

What new rule?
    Napolean
    Napolean

Post  Napolean Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:04 pm

KingCam wrote:

Just to let you know we have Now ban all Snap Cap darts from being used in Melbourne wars, If I see even one I will personally see it through that each one of them is shredded to pieces and ban the player who used it from all Melbourne wars(the other organisers in Melbourne support this rule, so watch out).

Snap caps aren't banned from any war I run - Psykka

That is King cams suppossed rule...
    Although not for Psykka
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:42 pm

Claire's rule too.
    Napolean
    Napolean

Post  Napolean Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:47 pm

Well I don't war in melbourne for obvious reasons, so I would not know this.

shadownerfer
    shadownerfer

Post  shadownerfer Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:30 pm

Luke wrote:Claire's rule too.

Mate please leave my thread if your going to start a fight. And if you guyz are just going to use my thread as a debate please leave aswell.

Shadow's stefan service CHEAPEST ON OZNERF!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Llll11

[img] Shadow's stefan service CHEAPEST ON OZNERF!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Soooon10[img]

New low temp glue guns

Thank you.

-Hussein
    evozn
    evozn

Post  evozn Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:37 pm

Wow, the black glue tips look great, I attempted a steafan once, didn't go so well, it had 3 washers and glue was leaking off all over.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:20 pm

Those dart tips look a lot better now mate.

Congratulations on improving your dart making skills.

Cheers,
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:36 am

Agree. Those look awesome with the black domes.
    shadownerfer
    shadownerfer

Post  shadownerfer Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:53 am

Thanks guys.

-Hussein
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:14 pm

Pfft... Jagged edges, yeah right.

Good work, those do look very, very nice.

You can expect an order from me soon : )
    Kaos88
    Kaos88

Post  Kaos88 Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:14 am

KingCam wrote:
    clunk07 wrote:Shadow - if you're having trouble making the glue dome tops, why not just convert over to snap caps. They only work out to be a couple of extra cents per dart, and are a lot easier to make.

Cheers,

Just to let you know we have Now ban all Snap Cap darts from being used in Melbourne wars, If I see even one I will personally see it through that each one of them is shredded to pieces and ban the player who used it from all Melbourne wars(the other organisers in Melbourne support this rule, so watch out).

Snap caps aren't banned from any war I run - Psykka
    I may not be in Melb
    But if you touched the darts I or anyone I know owns I would safely say you would be running for your life.
    Thanh, Phoung and Ben all know me, all know my size and all know I don't like to get messed with.
    I suggest you take the threats out and just say they will get banned.
    shadownerfer
    shadownerfer

Post  shadownerfer Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:17 am

Unknown wrote:Pfft... Jagged edges, yeah right.

Good work, those do look very, very nice.

You can expect an order from me soon : )

Awesome. just use the ordering form.
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:36 am

Hey shadow, I take it you've seen my review and trader feedback over in AN?

Thanks for the quick postage
    shadownerfer
    shadownerfer

Post  shadownerfer Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:42 am

2120 wrote:Hey shadow, I take it you've seen my review and trader feedback over in AN?

Thanks for the quick postage

No problem man.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:19 pm

Yeah ShadowNerfer. Just watched his reviews. You're going to have to pull up your game because those off center darts is what's going to ruin your business.

It's then comes down to what people say... you get what you pay for.
    shadownerfer
    shadownerfer

Post  shadownerfer Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:03 pm

Look not all of them are like that. 2120 was just being picky. And thos wernt even the best of my work.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:08 pm

shadownerfer wrote:Look not all of them are like that. 2120 was just being picky. And thos wernt even the best of my work.

I think consistency is the primary goal here mate.

I haven't seen the review, but from what you've said, some of your dart's aren't quite up to scratch, and some of them are of good quality.

Maybe try this out...

Only sell the best darts that you make, until you get to the level where they're all pretty much the same quality. You can keep the not-so-good dart's for your own use.

Just an idea anyway.

Cheers,
    -mirsho
    -mirsho

Post  -mirsho Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:13 pm

shadownerfer wrote:Look not all of them are like that. 2120 was just being picky. And thos wernt even the best of my work.

Then that means you've missed the point of giving out samples. When you give a sample, you give your best - thats how you attract customers to your product.

And 2120 was not being picky, he was being honest, fair and critical. If you can't take the heat of criticism, then either improve your dart quality, or stop making/selling your darts to avoid the criticism.
    shadownerfer
    shadownerfer

Post  shadownerfer Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:19 pm

Do you guys ever stop complaining? My darts don’t have jagged edges any more. All my threads have caused a fight even my thread about interest of my Stefan service. People were complaining. I’m not going to name people because they know who they are. If you’re unhappy with what you see then don’t even bother replying to this thread.

-Hussein
    TooBz
    TooBz

Post  TooBz Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:28 pm

shadownerfer wrote:Do you guys ever stop complaining? My darts don’t have jagged edges any more. All my threads have caused a fight even my thread about interest of my Stefan service. People were complaining. I’m not going to name people because they know who they are. If you’re unhappy with what you see then don’t even bother replying to this thread.

-Hussein
    We're not complaining, we're giving you advice. Like -mirsho said, If you can't take criticism improve your dart making or stop the business.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:46 pm

Yeh mate,

I'm only trying to help you improve your skills, with a bit of advice, that's all.

It's not even criticism, just some tips from a business-perspective. I'd never even contemplate having a dart-making service, so I commend guys like yourself, Toobz, KingCam and inf0rm3r for getting out there and having a go!!

Cheers,
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:48 pm

Excuse me?

Let me destroy this argument piece by piece. I hope you like reading because I'm going to take while

"not all of them are like that" - Yes, I MENTIONED THAT. I have praised the ones that were great, and coloured hot glue domes are quite impressive. If you took the time to watch the review, and comprehend it, I said two had jagged edges, while others have issues with being off-center.

"2120 was just being picky" - So what exactly was the purpose of my review? To be fluffy and cuddly? I opened your parcel, opened the ziploc bag, and then looked at the darts individually for the first time as I was filming it.

I won't disagree with you, I was picky. But I believe that is the purpose of the review. While this was the first time I reviewed nerf darts, this isn't the first time I've reviewed or been reviewed by peers.

A review is about constructive criticism. Unfortunately I feel that you did not completely understand my purpose. I did not come to exonerate you, but nor did I set out to completely destroy your reputation. I reviewed the darts in front of me, not what had been said about your online persona or pictures of your darts.

"And thos wernt even the best of my work" - I think this statement just validates the idea that you had no idea what a review was, or a purpose of one.

Think of it as a try-out to a sport team, an audition to a dance or music school or competition. You present your best moves, your best skills.

Or a job interview. You wear a suit, or a nice shirt, not trackies and thongs. So if you say the darts you gave me are not top quality, you only have yourself to blame for that. I can only review what's in front of me. How am I to judge your good work if they weren't in the sample pack? Perhaps I can be sympathetic in the idea that you want to keep your best stuff for real customers. Fair enough. But it doesn't excuse you that some of the dart you gave me were of sub-par standard. And I did offer to pay for it - I insisted on postage.

I am not giving you advice because, frankly, I'm not a dartsmith. However I feel I have had enough nerf experience to see what a good hot glue dome looks like and what doesn't. It wasn't just me who noticed the off-centre darts and jagged edges. My sister, with no nerf experience at all, also noticed it as she ducked into my room when posting the review.

Now I'm feeling somewhat insulted that you've simply rejected the findings in my review. If anyone in Sydney wants to have a look at them, I am very happy to post them to you or drop by your place to see it for yourself.

By the way, here is the video in case you have not seen in yet
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGxuRf_DVQA

Last edited by 2120 on Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kaos88
    Kaos88

Post  Kaos88 Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:51 pm

shadownerfer wrote:Do you guys ever stop complaining? My darts don’t have jagged edges any more. All my threads have caused a fight even my thread about interest of my Stefan service. People were complaining. I’m not going to name people because they know who they are. If you’re unhappy with what you see then don’t even bother replying to this thread.

-Hussein
    I don't normally have an input in this but hell
    I think you need to relax a bit, You're 12 pull your head in.
    These guys are giving you feedback, Welcome to selling things. You're new at it and need to realise that some of the older guys here really know what they are talking about.
    I for one know nothing about modding a nerf gun but I can shoot it really well.
    Just after the fact of your little tanty I don't think I will be doing business with you.
    I am more inclined to support informer, He is alot more professional and his products are tried and tested.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:55 pm

Okay guys,

Thanks for the review 2120 - as mentioned, I haven't seen it, but I've had enough correspondence with yourself to know that any review you've done would be constructive, informative and legitimate.

Shadow - you've got heaps of advice to put in to practice, should you chose to do so.

This thread has become fairly-well clogged with non-sales comments. If you'd like me to delete any post's not sales-related, let me know.

Thanks guys.

Cheers,
    shadownerfer
    shadownerfer

Post  shadownerfer Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:15 pm

Shadow's stefan service CHEAPEST ON OZNERF!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Looooo10

This is a bunch i grabed out myself. I diddent pick any out Individually. If you want more please tell me and i will post more.

Sorry my dad is asleep i cant use his iphone.

-Hussein
    shadownerfer
    shadownerfer

Post  shadownerfer Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:46 pm

EDIT: FREE POSTAGE.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:32 am