Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+8
KingCam
-mirsho
Vavoom
Xoenz
Unknown
Acerised
littlebro05
Captain Crooks
12 posters

A new Sydney NERFer :)

Captain Crooks
    Captain Crooks

A new Sydney NERFer :) Empty A new Sydney NERFer :)

Post  Captain Crooks Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:57 pm

Hi everyone, hope you're all well

My name is James and i'm a relatively new NERFer from Sydney - the last few months of my life have been filled with NERF obsession as I have thrown myself into modding and painting my growing arsenal (much to the concern of my fiance at times ).

I recently attended my first Humans vs Zombies game in Canberra with a newly painted set of blasters, including a voltage modded aftermarket spring minimised Stampede and my pride and joy, a 3x Spring Longshot with DTB integration

I'm keen to meet up with some Sydney based NERFers and participate in some local games but I have one slight problem - the paintjob on my guns...

A new Sydney NERFer :) Guncollection

The folks in Canberra had no problem with my guns being that black but from what i've read on these forums it's considered quite a no-no, so i thought i'd get the opinions of the good folks here and base my future mods on your advice I've got a clip-fed Barricade in the works and my Alpha Trooper needs some love, so what's the verdict? Is this black and orange too black for Sydney based games?

Anyway, i'm looking forward to being a productive member of this NERF community! If you have any questions about my mods or any other thing feel free to ask, I love talking NERF
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

A new Sydney NERFer :) Empty Re: A new Sydney NERFer :)

Post  littlebro05 Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:01 pm

You've been lucky that the cops haven't been called on you yet. Recently in a Sydney war, black painted blasters were confiscated from the scene. Cops came with guns drawn. There should be a post on the legality of Nerf Blasters and paintjobs like that though.

That and the Titan was pure black matte apparently. You've got the right idea leaving all the oranges bits on there =). However, it's not likely the organisers of sydney wars will let you use it. But, you can get the final verdict from Echoes if you're worried.

I must say though, that DTB integration looks very clean.

Welcome to the forums =).
    Captain Crooks
    Captain Crooks

Post  Captain Crooks Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:10 pm

Cheers littlebro Those guns have only been out in public that one time so I guess I got lucky, haha! Oh well, back to the paint studio I suppose... and by paint studio I mean a cardboard box out the back of my house

I'm glad you like the Longshot, it started life as an internal pump action mod that went horribly wrong, and thankfully became an integration that works quite well, though the internals of the DTB really need an overhaul as it's only getting about 30 feet with just the AR's removed.

Here is a 'naked' picture of it - I used parts from the bungled Front Gun to disguise the ugliness of the joins it's held together with hot glue, two-part epoxy and hope!

A new Sydney NERFer :) LSDTBnaked

Thanks again for the welcome!
    Acerised
    Acerised

Post  Acerised Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:24 am

Welcome to the forums mate!
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:36 am

Those blasters look great!

You should really get a brass breech in that Longshot though, and an upgrade spring.

I can't wait to see what you come up with next.
    Captain Crooks
    Captain Crooks

Post  Captain Crooks Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:39 am

Unknown wrote:

You should really get a brass breech in that Longshot though, and an upgrade spring.

A brass breech I'm considering, as for the springs, it has the stock one plus an upgraded double-power spring and a stock Stampede spring for a bit of extra grunt The integrated gun definitely needs a better spring though, it's only useful for very close encounters

Thanks for the welcoming words My next project is a minimised clip-fed Barricade with a voltage mod, i'm making a lot of the bodywork and the clip release from scratch out of plasticard so it ought to be 'interesting'...
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:16 am

Great to see more Sydney Nerfers around

Also, if you like, painting over a black blaster should be pretty easy.

Anyway, many Welcomes from the Sydney Community
    Vavoom
    Vavoom

Post  Vavoom Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:06 am

Hey Captain! I met you at the last HvZ at Canberra and remember talking to you too cause hey, us Sydney siders have to stick together.
    You gonna go back to Canberra this Saturday?
    -mirsho
    -mirsho

Post  -mirsho Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:31 am

Hey man ! Welcome to the forum ! Hopefully you find it useful with more modding tips and tricks we've got available - also since you're sydney based as well (woot) you should join the rest of the sydney crew when we have wars ! Look forward to seeing you then, your HvZ skills should help you a lot.

Peace.
    KingCam
    KingCam

Post  KingCam Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:18 am

Welcome to OzNerf Captain Crooks.

I hope you have a good stay here at OzNerf.
    Nooft1187
    Nooft1187

Post  Nooft1187 Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:40 am

Hey bro and welcome. I love your stampede. I plan on doing prettu much the same to mine once I get it back from clunk. (its getting an internal overhaul currently).
    Any hints and tips on how you got that look on yours would be great.
    Captain Crooks
    Captain Crooks

Post  Captain Crooks Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:13 pm

You guys sure know how to make a chap feel welcome, heh!

Vavoom wrote:Hey Captain! I met you at the last HvZ at Canberra and remember talking to you too cause hey, us Sydney siders have to stick together.
    You gonna go back to Canberra this Saturday?

You might have to jog my memory, that day was so full of meetings! You're right, it's a dog-eat-dog world out there, us small-town city kids gotta watch each other's backs Unfortunately i'm not going to be back until late October due to work but i'm planning to attend the Urban warfare event in Bruce which should be fun

-mirsho wrote:Hey man ! Welcome to the forum ! Hopefully you find it useful with more modding tips and tricks we've got available - also since you're sydney based as well (woot) you should join the rest of the sydney crew when we have wars ! Look forward to seeing you then, your HvZ skills should help you a lot.

Peace.

I've come to this forum once or twice in the past due to all the great tutorials and mods here, but my main focus now is on getting some more playtime so i'm looking forward to meeting up with you all Any idea when the next Sydney event might be? I just missed one this last weekend, dang it!

Nooft1187 wrote:Hey bro and welcome. I love your stampede. I plan on doing prettu much the same to mine once I get it back from clunk. (its getting an internal overhaul currently).
    Any hints and tips on how you got that look on yours would be great.

My Stampede internals are probably quite standard, I have a pic of the wiring that I took for a friend on the FB page, here:

A new Sydney NERFer :) STAMPEDEMOD

But if you're more interested in the cosmetics it's pretty simple - I used pieces of plasticard and orange parts from a Longshot to clean up the nose-end where the cutting was done. Here is a (fairly horrible) photo of the front-end:

A new Sydney NERFer :) StampedeFrontdetails

Then I masking taped off a few areas of orange detail and the handle (i left most of the internals in and covered them with plastic and masking tape too) then sprayed the lot with VHT Satin Black Vinyl dye bought from Repco for about $20 a can.

The rest of the orange pieces were then screwed back in and I cut off part of the internal barrel and hot-glued it to the front for looks (i've since removed it as it was putting stress on the dart tooth area and causing jams...).

Feel free to ask any and all questions you might have
    Genacon
    Genacon

Post  Genacon Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:35 pm

Why hello thar Captain, welcome to the forums.

I must say, I really like the colour of your blasters.
    The orange and black goes well together and if black wasn't a no no, its what i would paint my blasters(if i had the time).
    Kat
    Kat

Post  Kat Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:31 pm

Hey
    Welcome, glad another Sydney sider joined.
    Whats happening in Canberra? I'll be down there.
    Captain Crooks
    Captain Crooks

Post  Captain Crooks Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:58 pm

acerised wrote:Welcome to the forums mate!

AHA!!! It's been bugging me where i've heard the name 'acerised' before, and I suddenly realised just now - I bought two lots of Snap Caps off of you via eBay a few months back

Those Snap Cap Stingers came in very handy when we 'raided' my friend's house one sunny Saturday morning... they never knew what hit them, haha!
    RePete
    RePete

Post  RePete Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:42 pm

Captain Crooks wrote:
    Unknown wrote:

My next project is a minimised clip-fed Barricade with a voltage mod, i'm making a lot of the bodywork and the clip release from scratch out of plasticard so it ought to be 'interesting'...

Sounds interesting but if it gets to hard it might be easier to just grab a photon storm from informer when they arrive?

Captain Crooks
    Captain Crooks

Post  Captain Crooks Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:32 pm

RePete wrote:
    Captain Crooks wrote:[

My next project is a minimised clip-fed Barricade with a voltage mod, i'm making a lot of the bodywork and the clip release from scratch out of plasticard so it ought to be 'interesting'...

Sounds interesting but if it gets to hard it might be easier to just grab a photon storm from informer when they arrive?

I can imagine myself one day owning a Photon Storm (sooner rather than later maybe!), but in the meantime i'm after a side-arm that is clip-fed and I thought the Barricade had potential - and besides, if it's too easy it just wouldn't be fun!

I've almost got the clip release working and the body-work is coming along well, i'll do a proper build thread soon I just need to come up with a whole new signature paint-scheme for my guns because the Canberra Nerf folks have now banned black too It's for good reason though so I shouldn't complain but I ONLY JUST PAINTED THEM!!!

Kat wrote:Hey
    Welcome, glad another Sydney sider joined.
    Whats happening in Canberra? I'll be down there.

Hiya Kat! I can't post links to you because my account isn't old enough but if you search on Facebook for 'Canberra & Southern NSW Dart Tag (Nerf Wars, HvZ)' you'll find a great group of NERFers who have regular weekend games and a variety of locations and play-styles - I recently attended a Humans vs Zombies game there and it was great fun You should look them up, there is a game this Saturday in Weston Park that sadly, I wont be able to attend, but they are building a bunker out of a picnic area so that should be cool!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:08 pm