Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

2 posters

Modified Longshot CS-6 ideas and questions.

XOIIO
    XOIIO

Modified Longshot CS-6 ideas and questions. Empty Modified Longshot CS-6 ideas and questions.

Post  XOIIO Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:05 am

Hey everyone, just wanted to say hi first of all. I know this is an Australian forum but sadly I am stuck in canada, and we don't really have nerf wars, but I love modding nonetheless.

Anyways, a fww things. I am currently painting and upgrading my Longshot CS-6. I painted it with two coats of matte black, and one of gloss back, and it turned out retty good. (the half that I am done anyways), and I plan on painting the orange sections (such as the barrel, bols and locks) neon green, as well as the line type of camo, with diagonal neon green lines. My question is, how many coats does it take to properly cover the orange sections, I think it might be two, but someone with experience would be helpfull.

I'm also ordering everything from Black Tactical, the metal interior, spring any o-ring, as well as the grease they sell. I was wondering what ranges other people have gotten with all this put in, and the AR removed.

Anyways, here is a picture of how it looks so far, I've only painted the one half because I don't have a huge amount of room, and I'll keep adding pictures later on. Sorry for the quality, it'm my ipod camera.

Modified Longshot CS-6 ideas and questions. Img_0211
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Modified Longshot CS-6 ideas and questions. Empty Re: Modified Longshot CS-6 ideas and questions.

Post  Akimbo Assassin Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:32 am

Hi and welcome. First advice is to read the forum rules so you won't get into trouble with the admin/mod here, they can be quite... "tight" with the rules There is a question thread where you can post all sorts of relevent questions.

Secondly, to do a proper paint job, you need to spend time preparing the surface first. There are various guides on painting around you can search. You will have to sand down basically all surfaces with sandpaper, file, or electric sander. You will then have to apply one or two coat of primer paint, before you apply the paint of your choice. To apply a lighter coloured paint on top of a darker paint, e.g. orange or light green on black, you will have to experiment it yourself depending on the types of paint you use. You are probably right that you will have to apply at least 2 coats on top. At the end, remember to appply at least one layer or clear protective coat.

Cheers.
    XOIIO
    XOIIO

Modified Longshot CS-6 ideas and questions. Empty Re: Modified Longshot CS-6 ideas and questions.

Post  XOIIO Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:48 am

Akimbo Assassin wrote:Hi and welcome. First advice is to read the forum rules so you won't get into trouble with the admin/mod here, they can be quite... "tight" with the rules There is a question thread where you can post all sorts of relevent questions.

Secondly, to do a proper paint job, you need to spend time preparing the surface first. There are various guides on painting around you can search. You will have to sand down basically all surfaces with sandpaper, file, or electric sander. You will then have to apply one or two coat of primer paint, before you apply the paint of your choice. To apply a lighter coloured paint on top of a darker paint, e.g. orange or light green on black, you will have to experiment it yourself depending on the types of paint you use. You are probably right that you will have to apply at least 2 coats on top. At the end, remember to appply at least one layer or clear protective coat.

Cheers.

Yeah, I sand down all the surfaces first, and I decided to put this in the mod thread in case people want to track the pain job progress, or if they see something that they think could be improved while i still have time.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:11 am