Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+10
Akimbo Assassin
clunk07
abeldumitru
mull
Klosteral
Joey
melbnerf619
Xoenz
psyk
14 posters

wrxloonie's Longshot Shotgun Grip pre-order thread

psyk
    psyk

wrxloonie's Longshot Shotgun Grip pre-order thread Empty wrxloonie's Longshot Shotgun Grip pre-order thread

Post  psyk Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:14 pm

Hey guys.

I'm helping wrxloonie (from the NerfSG forums) out with overseas orders and I'm opening them up to the members here on Oznerf.

Before we get into a pic and a video demo of it, here's some info.

- The grips will be moulded in matt black and will be available in 2 finishes.
    1) Grippy finish - extra grip and for those who like to keep it black.
    2) Smooth finish - for those who will be painting their grips / adding additional coating.
    - choose from 2 finishes with NO EXTRA COST
    - the grips will be casted in POLYURETHANE (PU) so please make sure you have PU paints.

Unlike the sample, the steel arms will remain steel in colour, i.e. bare metal colour. Buyers can choose to colour them (warning: paintjobs may chip) or paste some form of stickers or tape over them (that may peel) or just leave them as they are.

Me, I personally want to keep it black but I don't like the idea of having it grippy, so I'll have them "smooth" and not do anything to them.

Now for the most important information:
    Postage to USA, Canada and Australia is a flat rate of S$13, + S$2.20 for registered post (with a tracking number) and about S$4.80 for packing material and a padded envelope. So the total cost is S$68 + $20 = S$88.
    Note that all these are in SINGAPORE DOLLARS due to the fluctuating exchange rate. Of course, PayPal lets you transact with Singaporean dollars

The only mode of payment I will accept is PayPal.

Singpost Airmail to the abovementioned countries is between 6 to 8 days from Singapore. Rates quoted are from the Singpost website based on 360grams and is subjected to final confirmation. This, however, is a very close estimation.

After hearing all of that, especially the price range, I urge you guys to seriously consider before putting your name down for one. I understand that this is a little steep for just an additional peripheral to a TOY blaster.

As for now, wrxloonie isn't firm about anyone actually putting a deposit down, so just leave your name a reply, and state how many pieces you're interested in getting. I don't know if there will be an option to combine shipping, so for now, just be prepared to fork out SGD$88 flat per piece.

I'll be updating this thread as and when I receive more info.

wrxloonie's Longshot Shotgun Grip pre-order thread 293980_10150267054982654_631077653_7591991_7134841_n

Here's the youtube demo video:

This pre-order will close on the 10th September. (Yes, only 2 days for you guys. Sorry...)

PLEASE TAKE NOTE!
    the deadline set up there is for you to just put your order down.
    No payment involved yet, not till at least 2 weeks later!

Last edited by psyk on Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

wrxloonie's Longshot Shotgun Grip pre-order thread Empty Re: wrxloonie's Longshot Shotgun Grip pre-order thread

Post  Xoenz Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:16 pm

Interesting, to incorporate this grippy surface. I wonder what it's like :/

Anyway I am one of the 3 Aussie that have ordered a grip so far..:

Xoenzz x1
    Akimbo Assassin x1
    Clunk07 x1

Only 2 days left.. Get it quick
    psyk
    psyk

wrxloonie's Longshot Shotgun Grip pre-order thread Empty Re: wrxloonie's Longshot Shotgun Grip pre-order thread

Post  psyk Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:22 am

Xoenz wrote:Interesting, to incorporate this grippy surface. I wonder what it's like :/

Anyway I am one of the 3 Aussie that have ordered a grip so far..:

Xoenzz x1
    Akimbo Assassin x1
    Clunk07 x1

Only 2 days left.. Get it quick

You know... that rubberized grippy surface you can find on some phone cases?
    That's the grippy surface. haha... those "anti-slip" thingamajigs.
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:16 am

Put me down for one please. I've contacted you through youtube before this LOL.
    I might not be able to pay for it immediately and i'd like the smooth one. Anything eles I need to do?

-James
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:32 am

Very pro and $69AUS is a good price, however with only two days to get it I can't already spent enough on nerf this month.

Does it come with the felt and nylon washers?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Slydev nerf parts and accessories store
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:35 am

Joey wrote:Very pro and $69AUS is a good price, however with only two days to get it I can't already spent enough on nerf this month.

Apparently it's so good it doesn't need and that's why i'm getting it.

-James
    Klosteral
    Klosteral

Post  Klosteral Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:39 am

Hey Psyk I am interested. Is there any chance we could get those 'armadillo' or what ever you called them arm coverings? Also, like Joey asked, does it come with the felt? I am over cautious with my guns and want to take all measures to prevent scratches in the paint.
    I am interested but this is no offer of conformation.
    psyk
    psyk

Post  psyk Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:48 pm

melbnerf619 wrote:Put me down for one please. I've contacted you through youtube before this LOL.
    I might not be able to pay for it immediately and i'd like the smooth one. Anything eles I need to do?

-James

It's fine if you can't pay for it immediately, it's just the pre-order closing date!
    Let's move away from youtube and keep discussion to this thread, so it's easier for everyone!

Joey wrote:Very pro and $69AUS is a good price, however with only two days to get it I can't already spent enough on nerf this month.

It doesn't come with the felt and nylon washers, although wrxloonie mentioned that there are a pair of washers (i have no idea what material, but they're smoooooooth) that will be included with it!

Klosteral wrote:Hey Psyk I am interested. Is there any chance we could get those 'armadillo' or what ever you called them arm coverings? Also, like Joey asked, does it come with the felt? I am over cautious with my guns and want to take all measures to prevent scratches in the paint.
    I am interested but this is no offer of conformation.

Don't worry, it's smoooooooooooooth. hahahaha
    I'll look into this and see what I can do!

the armadillo coverings you should source out from your local replica gun shops or airsoft shops... you'll get then a hell lot cheaper than for me to ship them to you!

one last thing for everyone...

PLEASE TAKE NOTE!
    the deadline set up there is for you to just put your order down.
    No payment involved yet, not till at least 2 weeks later!

Post  238232 Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:56 pm

psyk wrote:the armadillo coverings you should source out from your local replica gun shops or airsoft shops... you'll get then a hell lot cheaper than for me to ship them to you!

It's Australia... given that both are illegal in most states, what replica gun or airsoft shops?
    psyk
    psyk

Post  psyk Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:31 am

238232 wrote:
    psyk wrote:the armadillo coverings you should source out from your local replica gun shops or airsoft shops... you'll get then a hell lot cheaper than for me to ship them to you!

It's Australia... given that both are illegal in most states, what replica gun or airsoft shops?

well... the armadillo rail covers that I got... I bought off Black Tactical...
    and well... it's not cheap. So if you guys are able to source out for this stuff from local stores or websites it would DEFINITELY be cheaper...
    mull
    mull

Post  mull Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:36 am

Hmmmm...
    Does it do okay with an upper limit for somewhere in the 30kg spring range?

Let me get back to you after work. (5:30pm 10+UTC)
    Klosteral
    Klosteral

Post  Klosteral Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:50 am

mull wrote:Hmmmm...
    Does it do okay with an upper limit for somewhere in the 30kg spring range?

Are you kidding? My longshot is packing 18kg and I am still curious as to how the plastic is holding out; is your longshot entirely metal now or what?

Also, if there will not be payment involved until later I am expressing interest in one of these grips. I may cancel my order in the future but for now I WANT ONE
    abeldumitru
    abeldumitru

Post  abeldumitru Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:02 am

Hey put me down for one too, looks great. Also what is smooth finished one made of, and is it as strong as the gripy one? If the same I'll take the smooth one.
    mull
    mull

Post  mull Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:20 am

Klosteral wrote:Are you kidding? My longshot is packing 18kg and I am still curious as to how the plastic is holding out; is your longshot entirely metal now or what?
    Nothing wrong with future-proofing for an over-design.
    psyk
    psyk

Post  psyk Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:02 pm

Guys, to answer your questions

the grippy material is actually moulded onto the grip AFTER it's been cast in PU.
    So yep, the integrity of both are the same.

Orders will be closing by the end of today (10th)
    so you can actually put your orders down here
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:28 am

UPDATE from nerfsg site:

Anyone who has indicated interest, closing date for a deposit is 2359 hrs on September 16th.

Please contact psyk to arrange payment and shipping information.

Cheers,

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    wrxloonie's Longshot Shotgun Grip pre-order thread Cwc_lo10

Clunk Weapons Co. Blaster-smith Services:
    Commissions offered on Stampede, LongShot, Spectre, LED Maverick.

CWC Blaster-smith Services
    CWC Custom Paint
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:43 am

So these extra 10 places are for the Oznerf people or the AUSnerf people?

I've been told that there are 8 people willing to buy, from AUSnerf..
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:28 am

Xoenz wrote:So these extra 10 places are for the Oznerf people or the AUSnerf people?

From what I gather, it's for Australian buyer's, regardless of which site.

Just a guess, but I would imagine it would be first-in with a deposit that secures the grip, unless prior arrangements have been made with psyk etc

40 grips have been reserved, obviously leaving 10 for Australian buyer's, with the addition of the grips reserved by yourself, myself and Akimbo. Of course, if people from nerfsg don't come up with the deposit, there will be a few more available.

But, anyway, that's psyk's department. I'm just a paying customer.. haha

Cheers,

CWC Custom Paint
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:30 pm

clunk07 wrote:
    Xoenz wrote:So these extra 10 places are for the Oznerf people or the AUSnerf people?

From what I gather, it's for Australian buyer's, regardless of which site.

Just a guess, but I would imagine it would be first-in with a deposit that secures the grip, unless prior arrangements have been made with psyk etc

40 grips have been reserved, obviously leaving 10 for Australian buyer's, with the addition of the grips reserved by yourself, myself and Akimbo. Of course, if people from nerfsg don't come up with the deposit, there will be a few more available.

But, anyway, that's psyk's department. I'm just a paying customer.. haha

Cheers,

Cool, that's what I though.

First in, first serve..

Thanks for clearing that up.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:32 pm

That's just my thoughts on it, nothing substantiated by psyk though.

Either way, at least we're sorted mate... haha

Cheers,

CWC Custom Paint
    psyk
    psyk

Post  psyk Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:00 pm

What's up!!

ORDERS ARE NOW CLOSED.

Any orders placed after this post will be duly ignored.
    However, you guys are free to post if you have any enquiries.

Right.

Anyway about the speculation, don't you guys worry about whether or not there's a cap at 50.
    If you order one, you're gonna get one.

Anyways, is there a "main contact person" in charge of, say, different states: Sydney / Melbourne / Perth etc?
    Or do you guys wanna go at it separately?

Here's the order list for this forum so far:

Xoenzz x1
    Akimbo Assassin x1
    Clunk07 x1
    Klosteral x1
    abeldumitru x1

Is that right?
    Let me know so I can discuss with you guys about the payment info, etc

clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:05 am

Hey psyk,

I'd imagine everyone will go separately, due to location:

Xoenzz NSW
    Akimbo Assassin NSW
    Clunk07 QLD
    Klosteral WA
    abeldumitru VIC

Maybe just list the paypal account details in this thread?

Also, are these the correct amounts:

Deposit amount - $30 SGD
    Total Purchase price - $88 SGD

Cheers,

CWC Custom Paint
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:52 am

psyk wrote:What's up!!

ORDERS ARE NOW CLOSED.

Any orders placed after this post will be duly ignored.
    However, you guys are free to post if you have any enquiries.

Right.

Anyway about the speculation, don't you guys worry about whether or not there's a cap at 50.
    If you order one, you're gonna get one.

Anyways, is there a "main contact person" in charge of, say, different states: Sydney / Melbourne / Perth etc?
    Or do you guys wanna go at it separately?

Here's the order list for this forum so far:

Xoenzz x1
    Akimbo Assassin x1
    Clunk07 x1
    Klosteral x1
    abeldumitru x1

Is that right?
    Let me know so I can discuss with you guys about the payment info, etc

YOU FORGOT ME!!

MelbNerf619 x1

-James
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:43 am

Okay Psyk,

I'd like to order just 1 grip overall, as stated on SGnerf, but if it's possible, i'd like to combine the shipping with the Sydney guys (Echoes) on Ausnerf.com.

Thanks!
    psyk
    psyk

Post  psyk Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:24 pm

Alright... just to clear the air up abit,

for you guys (overseas buyers)
    you don't have to drop me any deposit.
    Just make the payment in full by the 16th.

So here's the confirmed list for this forum (sorry I left you out, melbnerf!)
    -------------------------------------
    Melbnerf619 x1
    Akimbo Assassin x1
    Clunk07 x1
    Klosteral x1
    abeldumitru x1
    -------------------------------------

May I know who is getting it in what finish?
    Smooth or grippy?

Before the 16th,
    Send a PayPal payment of SGD$88 to:
    benkoh83@yahoo.com
    and please kindly state your userid and the forum you're from.

Thanks for all the support!
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:58 am

Funds transferred psyk,

1 x grippy finish please.

Cheers,

CWC Custom Paint
    psyk
    psyk

Post  psyk Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:42 am

clunk07 wrote:Funds transferred psyk,

Cheers,

Payment acknowledged
    (I owe you $2 change, don't I? haha)
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:44 am

psyk wrote:
    clunk07 wrote:Funds transferred psyk,

Cheers,

Payment acknowledged
    (I owe you $2 change, don't I? haha)

Nah, it's all good mate . I wasn't sure about paypal fees etc

Cheers,

CWC Custom Paint
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:51 am

Money transferred to your Paypal, psyk.
    Just to confirm grippy finish, and my delivery address posted along with the Paypal fund.
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:51 am

The funds will be transfered in 3-5 days. Sorry about that. It's because of the bank wait...

-James
    TomaszBurcon
    TomaszBurcon

Post  TomaszBurcon Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:39 pm

dam missed out on the pre orders =
    so when will i be able to order one of these ?
    psyk
    psyk

Post  psyk Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:27 pm

Akimbo Assassin wrote:Money transferred to your Paypal, psyk.
    Just to confirm grippy finish, and my delivery address posted along with the Paypal fund.
    I got it. Thanks!
    abeldumitru
    abeldumitru

Post  abeldumitru Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:49 am

Funds transferred

Would like a gripy one if possible thanks

Thanks
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:39 am

PayPal estimates to have the full funds by the 18th.
    Can I deposit 60AUD and deposit the other 10 when i get the funds?

-James
    JayDesu
    JayDesu

Post  JayDesu Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:04 pm

woah... Is this thin over? Did i miss out? I want a smooth if its not too late.

Me thinks I was too late...

Yep... Too late

Is the one in the video smooth or grip?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:29 pm