Type: Five-Shot Pistol
Ammunition: XLR Disks
Size: 12 Inches (1 Foot)
Disk Capacity: 5 Disks Advertized, 6 if you cock it before loading, 7 if you push it a little.
- Flat: 60-65 Feet
- 45 Degree Angle: At least 75 Feet
- Sideways, AKA “Gangster Style”: 55 Feet but Higher Velocity
- Loads via an auto-loading spring-fit interior disc chamber, and cocked via the slide.
- Multiple safety stages; cannot dry-fire, cannot pull trigger without cocking or while cocking, cannot cock or fire while loading door is opened.
- Aforementioned loading door is spring-loaded and can be opened by pressing the levers found on either side of the gun.
- Carry-Loop in Handle.
- 1 Tactical Rail on top compatible with all N-Strike and Vortex accessories except Stampede Shield.
- Anti-Jam Lever; press, hold, and tip forward to release jammed disks.
Notes: I start by saying this is all entirely just my opinion. This pistol is probably supposed to fill the “Maverick” spot in the lineup; it’s roughly the same size as the Maverick, is Slide-cocked, and is the next price-point up from the mini. Only one problem; the Maverick was cool-looking and easily modded. The Vigilon looks stupid and is apparently difficult to modify to boot, so say a few lucky people who got the gun before David and I did. The amount of dead space in this gun is legendary and unavoidable; the entire front section is just a tube and hollow space, with one spring mechanism near the tip- and that’s it. You can’t cut it off or fill it easily. So that’s an issue. The rest is just a holding bay for the disks. It would be easy to forgive if the entire front of the gun wasn’t a single color with very little detailing. This is the kind of thing I’d expect from Buzz Bee, and THEY aren’t charging fifteen USD for a pistol that gets hardly any more range than their bottom tier. Granted, the magazine spring-door is really cool, and it’s nice to see the slide-cocking so smoothly implemented, and this thing will beat the Proton every time thanks to its increased ammunition capacity- but overall, it’s just really bulky and ugly and really slow for a slide-loader. Even worse, it’s meant as a sidearm. Screw that. Buy if you dare, otherwise downgrade to the much cooler Proton and make Drac’s Grav Mag, or upgrade to one of the rifles.