Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

4 posters

I think you guys might be interested in a journey to toowoomba soon

Poll

which would you preffer?

[ 3 ]
    I think you guys might be interested in a journey to toowoomba soon Bar_left100%I think you guys might be interested in a journey to toowoomba soon Bar_right [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    I think you guys might be interested in a journey to toowoomba soon Bar_left0%I think you guys might be interested in a journey to toowoomba soon Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 3
    camo1010
    camo1010

I think you guys might be interested in a journey to toowoomba soon Empty I think you guys might be interested in a journey to toowoomba soon

Post  camo1010 Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:02 am

I was out at my friends place today fooling around with some nerf guns and out of the blue he suggested that he wants to rent out a warehouse in toowoomba for nerf.

Of course before all this happens we need to dig a bit deeper into the whole thing and look at legalities regarding modified blasters etc. But I like the idea that he had come up with. I suggested having 2 different fields with movable obstacles was probably the way to go so that repeat customers didn't have an advantage over anyone else when it comes to be spots for sniping and quick routes for capture the flag. While one game was being played, the other field would be re-arranged to suit the next game (By the way if you have any suggestions for games, please feel free to leave your ideas)

Pricing would all have to be worked out to match costs and outlays but be cheap enough to be able to attract players. At this stage It will only be a weekend and school holiday only operation unless it picks up enough to have maybe night time sessions and eventually all week.

once legalities are worked out regarding blasters and darts, members on the oznerf site might be able to get a cut of the dosh by supplying blasters (either modded or just painted) as well as dart manufacture.

This is all in the pipeline and if anyone has some suggestions feel free to put them down

Game types
    (Please note: These are only draft ideas. please add ideas if you please)
    Game #1Flag pole.
    The aim: To have the flag on your pole at the end of the round.

General info: 2 teams will have a pole each. In the centre of the playing field, there will be a drum (or something of that nature) with a flag on it. during the game, the teams must battle to take posession of the flag and keep it on their teams pole, possession time is irrelevant to the out come of the game. the only way to win is to have the flag on your pole when the hooter sounds. Each round will last approx. 15mins. If your team has the flag when the hooter goes, then they must return to the HQ with out being hit, if the player with the flag is hit, then it is classed as a win for the opposing team.

Lives: unlimited (However you must leave the field at the closest boundary and walk back around to your HQ, No ammo is allowed to be collected)

Game 2:
    Last man standing.
    The aim: To be the last man standing, DUH!

General info: Each round has 2 teams. Its basically shoot the crap out of each other, however, you are only given 1 life so if you're hit, you sit out until the end of the round. The last man standing at the end of each round is given a vulcan as a reward (not to keep) but this comes with a catch. If you have the vulcan, chances are you will be the prime target. If by some miracle you win the 2nd round then the third round will see you have 2x lives but only half the players on your side and the opposing team gets the other half (Total recall round)

Lives: 1

Game 3: Protect the HQ

Aim: To protect the HQ

General info: Basically each team has a go at protecting the HQ while the opposing team attempts to breach and take over the HQ. At the start of each game, the defending team will be given a vulcan in which they have 30seconds to decide where it will be placed and work out their plans. Once the vulcan is placed, it cannot be moved. There is the possibility that the attacking team may get a Titan to use like an RPG. if the vulcan is hit by the missile, it then becomes un usable. Only 1x titan rocket is givin to the attacking force.

Lives: unlimited however a 10 second re-spawn time applies to the defending team.

That's all I have at the moment but I will keep you updated as things progress.

Last edited by camo1010 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:44 am; edited 3 times in total
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

I think you guys might be interested in a journey to toowoomba soon Empty Re: I think you guys might be interested in a journey to toowoomba soon

Post  littlebro05 Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:14 am

The biggest thing about warehouse wars, or any indoor venue is that dart sweeps should always be conducted each round. You will find that when you step on a lot of darts causing them to break if you don't. These include sili tips too for those who run on it and 'twist' the dart head out'.

You will probs need to get people to bring a MINIMUM of 150 darts per person because believe me they will run out quick. Also these darts should be at least compatible in every dart blaster. Unless you like using short darts, the majority of Brisbane players use long darts.

Depends on your 'tolerance for modding'. The dart should not be able to penetrate more than 1 layer - 2 layers of cardboard or else, well yeah. Everybody needs to wear eye protection.

I wouldn't mind having a trip to toowoomba, would be cool to carpool down there. :D.
    camo1010
    camo1010

I think you guys might be interested in a journey to toowoomba soon Empty Re: I think you guys might be interested in a journey to toowoomba soon

Post  camo1010 Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:29 am

Yea we were gonna have sweepers working there to collect all of the darts between rounds. while this is happening it allows players to have a drink break and pick their strategies. I will need help with the preferred all-rounder dart that everyone can use in any blaster. We were going to get a whole heap of clip fed blasters so it would be easier to get darts and players can just pick up the ones off the ground and re-use them if they are still in a decent shape to be used.

With modifications, we would get the owners to test fire them for us and show us if the velocity of the darts and strength of the blaster was too strong or not.

I am going to organise some pretty cool eye wear through a company up here that does some pretty good deals with anything industrialy related. They have ski goggles with a mask that covers the nose and mouth. Not only are the comfortable, but they are pretty safe IMO. Players can bring their own safety gear but will have to sign a waver to say that by using their own safety stuff we aren't responsible for injuries yudda yudda yudda...

Keep an eye out on the OP for game types. I am in the process of writing them all up but seeing as though I am currently at work, please have patience.

Cheers

Nooft1187
    Nooft1187

Post  Nooft1187 Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:01 pm

Sounds like indoor paintball. Awsome
    If you are interested you can sometimes pick up 2nd hand inflatable bumkers from paintball fields or brand newies from companies who do paintball accesories. They just need a blower to be put up. They are fairly light and easy to move to once inflated.
    As for game ideas again I might suggest looking to paintball (yes I do love it and used to play compition). There are heaps of different rule sets depending on what you like.
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:09 pm

Nooft1187 wrote:Sounds like indoor paintball. Awsome
    If you are interested you can sometimes pick up 2nd hand inflatable bumkers from paintball fields or brand newies from companies who do paintball accesories. They just need a blower to be put up. They are fairly light and easy to move to once inflated.
    As for game ideas again I might suggest looking to paintball (yes I do love it and used to play compition). There are heaps of different rule sets depending on what you like.

Yea paint ball is awesome but the crap you need to go through for something like this....

I was thinking about getting some junk and making it mobile for obstacles. I'll make up a quick lift system for everything to make it pop up off the floor when I need to move it but during game play, it will sit on the ground. Plus junk is pretty cheap, usually free and it gives you the whole "abandoned warehouse look and feel"

Thanks for the ideas. Keep it coming guys
    Nooft1187
    Nooft1187

Post  Nooft1187 Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:25 pm

Farms are a good place to grab 40 gal drums if tjats what your after. They may need some special cleaning though
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:34 pm

I should be able to get some stuff from work that gets thrown out, like plastic drums that they put truck wash in and other assorted crap
    RePete
    RePete

I think you guys might be interested in a journey to toowoomba soon Empty legalities???

Post  RePete Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:48 pm

Not to put a damener in it or anything but I'd imaging any commercial operation that was allowing or promoting the use of modified blasters would be a leagl minefield

Unless you could get hasbro to manufacture more powerful blasters for controlled environments like paintball manufactures I'd think you will need to stick to stock blasters.

For indoor I think stock blasters with snap caps could work but even then it would be problematic

Perhaps a viable option would be Dart Tag type games using stock blasters and tagger darts. You would still need insurance but as long as eye protection was worn all equipment would be used as per the manufacturers guidlines.

Even social wars are not exempt from legalities and if a person was to take legal action against another person using a modified blaster they would have a pretty strong case. (If they can prove the blaster was modded or provide the modified dart as evidence)

by all means look into it but make sure you disclose all your intended activites to the insurer (including modifying a product that has "Do not modify" stamped on it
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:01 pm

Legalities-wise yeah. However, hence eye protection and face protection would be recommended. It's been almost a year in Brisbane that we've been using high powered modified blasters. With some blasters being banned at certain events such as KG.

You will probably haev to take into consideration the size of the warehouse too. If you're really concerned, we should just all use heavy silicone tips. They still leave welts.
    RePete
    RePete

Post  RePete Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:07 pm

littlebro05 wrote:Legalities-wise yeah. However, hence eye protection and face protection would be recommended. It's been almost a year in Brisbane that we've been using high powered modified blasters. With some blasters being banned at certain events such as KG.

You will probably haev to take into consideration the size of the warehouse too. If you're really concerned, we should just all use heavy silicone tips. They still leave welts.

I was just trying to emphasise the different legal obligations that a commercial operation would be held to.

As soon as you charge money for peaple to enter a venue and participate in an activity its a whole other level of responsibility

camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:27 pm

Yea insurance will definitely be a must. No doubt about it. obviously massive guns wont be aloud. We want to be able to use guns that will let the player know that they have been hit.

People that play will be doing so at their own risk. We will be ensuring that everything will be safe for everyone regardless of age or gender. We might put a big sign out the front saying that if they are here looking for easy money then piss off. Everything will need to be investigated more obviously.

Like i said its all in the planning stage at the moment and there will be kinks. But I started this thread as a means to find out every thing needed for this kind of thing and so far it's all been going good.

Another idea I thought of as well is a shooting range where people can show off any monstrosity they have made with out hurting someone.
    RePete
    RePete

I think you guys might be interested in a journey to toowoomba soon Empty Insurance

Post  RePete Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:40 pm

Just try ringing an insurance broker and tell them "We are thinking about running an entertainment venue where peaple shoot each other with Nerf Blaster that have been modified. The Blasters do have "Do not modify" stampped on the side. Do you think we will be able to get public liabilty insurance for this operation?

I can only imagine the answer you will get, and if its a casual "yeah sure we can get that for you" make sure you spel it out that clearly on the declaration form or the policy wont be worth the paper its printed on. Insurance companies dont like paying out.

A big sign out the front will only give peaple ideas.
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:51 pm

Yea people would see it as an oppotunity. We will just take whingers out the back and set the firing squad on them
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:58 pm

I don't know about you but stock wars are kind of lame. It's much funner playing with blasters that hit hard. Cheaper than paintball, the same kick out of it... unless you're all padded up.
    RePete
    RePete

Post  RePete Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:09 pm

littlebro05 wrote:I don't know about you but stock wars are kind of lame. It's much funner playing with blasters that hit hard. Cheaper than paintball, the same kick out of it... unless you're all padded up.

We are probably hijacking this thread but I understand your thinking that stock wars are kindo of lame which is why nerfing will remain a marginally legal sport until the authorities clamp down on it, force it to be regulated and insured. Once this happens the prices will be comparable to paintball.

Either this or Hasbro will be forced to glue their blaster shells together and Nerf will be religated to its original target market being young children who still find being hit with a streamline hilarious. And those of us who still find the sound of a sticky dart hitting a window,fishtank or microwave strangely addicting

Enjoy it while it lasts
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:16 pm

I don't know, but I think 95% of the Nerfing population just use stock blasters in wars. We're just the small 5% who prefer modified blasters. Nerf was never a sport to begin with. Some may see it as one. I just see it as a hobby where everyone will common interests come test their blasters on one each other and it's fun! Just depends on the limitations really. If someone has a chrony it would be useful. Oh, I'll enjoy it. It's been 1.5years since I've started this hobby, and a whole year since we've been participating in modified blasters. We still have our regulations with minimal rule engagement and the type of blasters you ain't allowed to use.

I'm going to have my input here. Another game type which results in alot of mayhem is what we call.. I just made it up is to defend and maintain. You have to activate a timer that is placed in the middle of the battles. There is two timers on each side that's counting down when activated.

The package can not be moved from it's position. Set timer is depending how long you want to play. Usually we have to hold for a total of 3 minutes. We've had alot of close games where the timer was set at like 0:09 to 0:00. Great game type because you're forced to jump into the line of fire to get the package to activate or something like that.
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:56 am

littlebro05 wrote:I'm going to have my input here. Another game type which results in alot of mayhem is what we call.. I just made it up is to defend and maintain. You have to activate a timer that is placed in the middle of the battles. There is two timers on each side that's counting down when activated.

The package can not be moved from it's position. Set timer is depending how long you want to play. Usually we have to hold for a total of 3 minutes. We've had alot of close games where the timer was set at like 0:09 to 0:00. Great game type because you're forced to jump into the line of fire to get the package to activate or something like that.

That sounds like a pretty good idea for a game. Could you tidy up the description and I'll add it to the list.

As for the blasters regarding mods. Maybe if the AR are removed it might make it a little bit easier for insurance and get a decent effect out of the impact of darts. I dont really want to try have stock blasters there except for maybe under 16 age groups so mummies and daddies are happy

Maybe if we can't get insurance we could run it like fight club.
    RULE #1 NO ONE SPEAKS ABOUT FIGHT CLUB! haha
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:46 am

My mate called insurance the other day, NRMA wont do it but they gave him a number of a company that does sporting insurance. We are going to find out what legalities we have to get around as well as the issue of modifications.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 pm