Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+9
Cammy
tanger32au
eibmoz28
Ungmon
Sadavi5
Seele
melbnerf619
jackson_mcp
Dylbot
13 posters

Nerf Vortex Blasters

Dylbot
    Dylbot

Nerf Vortex Blasters Empty Nerf Vortex Blasters

Post  Dylbot Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:06 am

Hey guys, what does everyone think of the new Vortex series?
    I have all of them except the Nitron (not a fan of battery powered blasters), and overall they seem pretty good, apart from the annoying safety locks, and lack of extra ammo.
    I have also heard that the performance of the blasters improve with use (eg. "breaking" them in)
    jackson_mcp
    jackson_mcp

Nerf Vortex Blasters Empty Re: Nerf Vortex Blasters

Post  jackson_mcp Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:59 am

I only have the Vigilon and i quite like it. I probably won't ever use in a battle or anything though. The disks seem to lack velocity but it is a lot of fun rebounding them off walls and stuff. Considering getting the praxis maybe...

Only criticism is the disks are really easy to lose because they generally roll away from where you shoot.
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:03 am

jackson_mcp wrote:I only have the Vigilon and i quite like it. I probably won't ever use in a battle or anything though. The disks seem to lack velocity but it is a lot of fun rebounding them off walls and stuff. Considering getting the praxis maybe...

Only criticism is the disks are really easy to lose because they generally roll away from where you shoot.

I absolutely agree. I bought a proton with 3 disk and have officially lost them all in my house in less than a week.

-James
    Seele
    Seele

Post  Seele Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:52 pm

I am glad I am not the only one losing discs, they just bounce and vanish. I have the 3 non-electric Vortex guns and they are a lot of fun, but might be more suited to indoors or more confined areas, particularly away from the wind.
    Sadavi5
    Sadavi5

Post  Sadavi5 Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:50 am

Have a Proton and a Vigilon. I'm an aesthetics guy as well as a functional one, so I love the Proton with tis compact design and awesome loading mechanism... but I freakin' hate the Vigilon. It looks silly, you can't trim it down at all, and the balance is so bad that I had to open it up and add a couple heavy rocks as counterweights in the handle just to aim the damn thing easily. Looking forward to owning a Praxis, though, that one looks nice. Overall I think it's a fun change-up... though for being bright green, I agree with the rest of yeh, those discs get lost CONSTANTLY.
    Ungmon

Nerf Vortex Blasters Empty hey Boys

Post  Ungmon Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:32 pm

HEY guys my Big W and ToysRus say they are releasing the vortex on the 14th of September it sais "ON SALE FROM WEDNESDAY SEPTEBER 14 UNTIL TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 20" and my ToysRus says
    "ON SALE FROM WEDNESDAY SEPTEBER 14 UNTIL TO SUNDAY 25 SEPTEMBER" However after listening to you guys Im wondering if this even matters and they released it early anyway I live in the Bankstown area in Sydney NSW
    eibmoz28
    eibmoz28

Post  eibmoz28 Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:47 am

I fully agree with all of the above. It is nice that they have gone with somthing different then darts. But as it has already been said those danm disc just roll away, I only have the proton and vigilon. With the first shot I took with my proton, that went over my back fence in to a wall of bamboo(insert Bear Grylls Quote here).

@dylbot I'm not exactly sure in what you mean by "eg. "breaking them in" I would hazard a guess that the main firing spring is not going to change much. That being said the moving parts will eventually wear down a bit and hopefully move a bit more smoothly.

All in all I like them for just to muck around with. Who knows what nerf will release next?
    tanger32au
    tanger32au

Post  tanger32au Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:56 am

I got a couple of these last night and from the testing I did with them last night they seem to work fairly well.
    Cammy
    Cammy

Post  Cammy Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:37 pm

I own a Vortex Praxis and a Vortex Vigilon and I really love them. The Praxis is my second favourite Nerf blaster of them all.
    Calico
    Calico

Post  Calico Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:55 am

I'm yet to get one, don't really like the idea of disc over dart. Has anyone put an nstrike guts into one yet?
    cfb_rolley
    cfb_rolley

Post  cfb_rolley Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:45 am

I've got a praxis and a proton and both are pretty sweet. the out of the box range is ridiculous, pretty accurate too. I've been considering buying a nitron but it's had pretty bad reviews, then again holding one yesterday it felt pretty sweet (out of batteries). I might wait till the value pack with the extra tube mag turns up at the kmart near me.

As for dart blaster internals in a vortex, I wouldn't bother, they still fire a projectile, and definitely out-perform stock dart blasters. But that's just me, just because it's a flat projectile and not a tube shape doesn't really put me off.

One thing I'd like to see though is more different designs, rather than designs that sort of mimic N-strike (nitron/stampede, proton/nitfinder). oh, and a 100 disc ammo box. I lose them was too easily.
    cuzza4321

Post  cuzza4321 Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:17 pm

I have to agree with you guys. I absolutly love the new vortex series. We are not allowed to play inside and when we play outside with the n-strike we cant actually run around as the range is insufficent. But with these new blasters we can be about 20 metres "or about 6- foot" away and we can hit eachother. But yes i agree with "they hit this wall but somehow ended all the way over ther. At first i liked the old nerf but now i have no worries spending my hard earned cash on these vortex ones. Any11 know if any more are going to come out?
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:34 am

cuzza4321 wrote:I have to agree with you guys. I absolutly love the new vortex series. We are not allowed to play inside and when we play outside with the n-strike we cant actually run around as the range is insufficent. But with these new blasters we can be about 20 metres "or about 6- foot" away and we can hit eachother. But yes i agree with "they hit this wall but somehow ended all the way over ther. At first i liked the old nerf but now i have no worries spending my hard earned cash on these vortex ones. Any11 know if any more are going to come out?

Please use the 'edit' button next time instead of double posting. Also try to avoid using numbers as replacement for letters (eg Any11').

No-one has any idea if new ones will come out or what they will look like yet. It all depends on how well the current ones sell and if nerf/hasbro feel it will be viable to make more. I hope it will because I love my praxis, even got a second hand nitron just for the 20 clip. I do wish that the disks were cheaper, at 60c a disk avg price you can rack up quite a bill in an average war.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:22 pm