Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+15
night stalker
Luke
littlebro05
andtheherois
royal86
False
matt.chopper
cfb_rolley
azza13b
Brunius
dandaldaks
Acerised
boosted6
Swatsonia
Joey
19 posters

Battlefield 3

Joey
    Joey

Battlefield 3 Empty Battlefield 3

Post  Joey Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:43 am

So the beta for battlefield 3 just started for those who preordered on origin and man is it looking good. Little buggy and missing some things but I cannot wait for the full version now. Wondering if anyone else is planning on picking this up because I plan to sink a lot of my life into the multiplayer :p

I wonder how close the console versions will look to the PC one:
    Battlefield 3 Bf3sm10
    It runs great too, I thought I would need to upgrade again just to run it at full. M left monitor is in the shop so I don't know how it will run over the 3 monitors but from how the beta is running so far I expect it to run great too.

Oh and also this isn't an invitation to talk about call of duty being better/worse. Consider that a pre-warning. I intend to pick up MW3 all the same as well.

To elaborate for those who are not in the beta; It has only one map which is a rush map too (boo!), no vehicals and a lot of the weapons aren't available to get. Big changes from BC2 is the ability to 'free run' over terrain (and you can see your own feet when you jump over them, so awesome), individual weapon add on unlocks (a lot like CoD), guns 'feel' a bit more like real guns and in that a bit less accurate, but powerful all the same, bloom effects when you go from a dark to a light area, the ability to go prone and crawl and also suppression when bullets are hitting near you (which is taken from an old battlefield2 realism mod and is awesome). All in all it has made me even more eager for the full version which will be out in a month...right when my assignments are due -_-

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Slydev nerf parts and accessories store
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Battlefield 3 Empty Re: Battlefield 3

Post  Swatsonia Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:53 am

Sitting on the fence is a win/win, isn't it Joey?

Console's performance would be nowhere near the level of a bunch of high-spec PCs playing, however, it does have the advantage of uniform performance over the majority of units.

It's nice to see that they've stepped up the franchise yet again.
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:41 am

Yeah i have mine on pre-order.

When i was checking it out on youtube, i couldnt believe all the crap i was reading regarding which game is better, etc. I replied and said-"I'm buying both so you all can shut the(BEEEEP)up!

Yeah it looks great, and some scenes are so real...its like your there, awesome.

Acerised
    Acerised

Post  Acerised Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:58 am

I Preorded, can't wait.
    dandaldaks
    dandaldaks

Post  dandaldaks Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:18 am

+1 to post count, and
    This GaMeLoOkSoRgAsMiC!!!!! JIZZ IN MY PANTS
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:52 am

OMG 4 more days mdaojfuiahjafbjgksgcdsgckgdskygsjkcgsjyagjycgjs * seizure*

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Brunius

Post  Brunius Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:23 am

Youtube embeds aren't working...
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQR49JGySTM
    Who wants to pitch in for an australian version? The forum where I saw this were discussing aimbotters in it...
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:33 am

Yes I had seen that, very cool. The show will also have freddie wong and brendon in it. Might actually have to watch it :p

I wonder how you crouch, throw grenades and what not. Maybe hooking it is hooked up to a kinect too, that would be epic.

Brunius

Post  Brunius Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:42 am

It's hooked up to a modded kinect, IIRC. I just don't want my opponents to start aiming for nutshots...
    azza13b
    azza13b

Post  azza13b Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:49 am

Teleported myself to the tommorrow and picked up a copy of Battlefield 3

https://plus.google.com/u/0/108443876496012081526/posts/

azza13b
    azza13b

Post  azza13b Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:17 am

I made us a Platoon

OzNerf

Tag = NERF
    cfb_rolley
    cfb_rolley

Post  cfb_rolley Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:34 am

GOD DAMN! I finished work just as EB closed looks like I'll have to wait till midnight or tomorrow afternoon
    azza13b
    azza13b

Post  azza13b Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:50 am

Yup 11Gb download, no good! If you have not pre-ordered and have a license, go find a 10pm release lol.
    matt.chopper
    matt.chopper

Post  matt.chopper Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:14 am

How are you already playing?

I need to wait till 12 .

Game is installed and all but I can't pass the official release date test thing.
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:16 am

I've had around 4 text messages from EB Games today, the first 3 said available from midnight. Now i just had another text, and they arent doing a midnight launch and saying its available now.

Anyone else had this happen?

Anyway i'll play Gears for one more night and pick it up tomorrow....or will i. Decisions, decisions.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:19 am

I VPN'ed into korea to unlock my preload early. Been playing all night and day...so epic XD

Finished the campaign, it isn't long but I did enjoy it. It ended when it outstood its welcome. AI isn't fantastic, story is cliche but damn the graphics just blew me away so much I was totally immersed. Anyways you don't get battlefield for its campaign. So now it is onto leveling up on multi!

boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:21 am

Thats wicked, damn 11GB download. This game will be sweet.
    azza13b
    azza13b

Post  azza13b Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:26 am

FOR ALL THOOSE THAT WANT TO PLAY BEFORE MID NIGHT.

You need to activate using a proxy from a country that has already had a release.

In windows 7, search proxy, then click 'LAN Settings'

210.107.100.251:8080
    control panel -> internet settings -> connections -> lan settings
    put it in the proxy, reload origin activate, disable proxy and play
    azza13b
    azza13b

Post  azza13b Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:31 am

Lol here is my little brother (not so little) showing me how this shit is done!

Battlefield 3 IMAG0731

Video footage here
    azza13b
    azza13b

Post  azza13b Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:59 am

matt.chopper wrote:
    I need to wait till 12 .
    Game is installed and all but I can't pass the official release date test thing.

Matt won't be back on OzNerf tonight, I just got him going lol
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:03 pm

I couldn't get it to run smoothly on ultra over the three screens, sticking to one for now just because it looks so pretty, but will prolly bump it down one. Running on two 570's. What cards/performance were you getting?

azza13b
    azza13b

Post  azza13b Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:13 pm

The GPU's shipped as 6950's (2Gb) but I modified the onboard bios to unlock the extra shaders.

So for comparison I am running HD6970's (2Gb) in CrossFireX with rock solid overclocks of;

950Mhz GPU
    1370Mhz RAM
    1.175 Volts (Core)

Load Temp = 70 Degrees
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:49 pm

Well I had to bump down a couple things so it doesn't look AS good but it is pretty close. However I am getting a couple other issues with tri-screen, being that I canno't see the marker over friendlies heads and the sun is HUGE when I look at it, It takes up a whole screen O.o

Seems to be a common problem linky , might stick to single monitor until then as it is all about the score :p

azza13b
    azza13b

Post  azza13b Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:56 pm

Joey wrote:Well I had to bump down a couple things so it doesn't look AS good but it is pretty close. However I am getting a couple other issues with tri-screen, being that I canno't see the marker over friendlies heads and the sun is HUGE when I look at it, It takes up a whole screen O.o

Seems to be a common problem linky , might stick to single monitor until then as it is all about the score :p

LOL thank you for posting this, I was starting to think man this game is just too hard! Was thinking how the hell am I meant to tell who is on my side or not!
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:58 pm

azza13b wrote:LOL thank you for posting this, I was starting to think man this game is just too hard! Was thinking how the hell am I meant to tell who is on my side or not!

Heh yeah I got stuck in the campaign because the prompt to pick up a weapon wasn't appearing and I thought it was 'e' not 'r' (like BC2). There should be an official or unofficial fix soon I rekon. At least the game has somewhat decent support off the bat, unlike another popular shooter franchise which requires a hack.

azza13b
    azza13b

Post  azza13b Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:02 pm

Lol true! it was nice to see it pop up in wide screen without spending hours fiddling around.

Do you have a copy of Dirt 3? If you dont and want one, send me a pm with your email address and I'll take a photo of the voucher I have here for you

boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:14 am

So whats everyones impressions with BF3?

Well here's mine.

Graphics are insane.
    Playing on hard is well...hard! Harder than COD? Yeah i believe so.
    Guns feel a lot more real, recoil, etc.

I havent played multiplayer yet, just campaign.
    Jumping in the fighter jet was just epic.

The only thing i dont like is when you throw a grenade it glows, to me it just weird, but then again kind of makes sense when your fightning in the dark, but then again its not realistic.

Thats my only dislike.

For realism it craps all over COD, and i've always been a huge COD player.
    Will be interesting to see how MW3 is. But a great game, and very, VERY impressed.

Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:09 am

I have finished the campaign which I loved, I wouldn't write home about it, but it was great and it didn't out stand its welcome.

As for multiplayer, man, I can see many many hours lost to this game. It is good to play alone, but you get 2-3 friends in a squad and you are invincible. It is hard, but it is also very real, this is no frag fest you have to think and not act on ADD impulses.

I have blown the dust off my joystick just to fly helicopters with, so epic.

Really it is everything bad company 2 was taken to the next level.

The glowing grenade is basically the grenade danger indicator, I quite like it because if it wasn't there I would have no idea where the thing went. I wonder if it will be turned off for hardcore mode.

They have fixed everything I was annoyed about in the beta so I am super happy. Uh, not much more to it, just get in and play, if it isn't your thing then go play something else. But really I am happy sinking 100s of hours in to this because it is just that damn good.

As a side note, though I have mentioned it before, I do not want to see this thread turning into a debate between CoD and BF, not that anything has happened now, but it only takes one person.

Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:17 am

Upon hearing about the campaign, I may have to push my purchase of BF3 earlier than I was planning.

I hate my internet sometimes.
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:35 am

Yeah Joey i'm sure we are all smarter than that. Giving a simple explanation of BF3 is fine.

Cant wait to play multiplayer now.
    azza13b
    azza13b

Post  azza13b Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:00 am

Couldn't agree with you more boosted6!

I'm also coming back from a 3-4 year hiatus from pc gaming, instead playing the COD series on xbox live with my mates as thats what the majority played.

My adventures with PC gaming prior to this have only really been counterstrike 1.3 to 1.6 and a short fad with BF-1942 when it came out.

I told myself I was going to grab BF3 on pc and COD on xbox this year but that damm sales chick at EB had me preordering COD on PC before I'd even seen the price of BF3 lol. Moral to the story, both series will leave a gap in your wallet and both will obsorb way too much lesiure time!

Now back to BF3, holy shit I am so overwhelemed being back on the pc but so excited at the same time. I initally loaded up the game in multiple player and got a hard-on remebering the that you can pull down the command prompt on pc and fiddle with settings. My intial thoughts were 'holy crap how do you identify an enemy/friendly' but then Joey pointed out a glitch with the multiple monitor setups.

After reverting back to single screen, im amazing how far the graphics have come over the years. Gone are the days of installing CS on my 900Mhz CPU needing a massive 1Gb of HDD. Now graphics cards have 900Mhz cores and the games are 10Gb+

Great game, anyone joining the OzNerf Platoon I setup lol?

Last edited by azza13b on Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:02 am

Oznerf Platoon? Never heard of it....whats it about?
    azza13b
    azza13b

Post  azza13b Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:05 am

cfb_rolley
    cfb_rolley

Post  cfb_rolley Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:56 pm

I have to say this game is pretty damn good, I love the jet mission, it felt as though my gut was turning every time it banked hard and it was so much fun! I'm having a little trouble with ground textures not loading properly on the thunder run mission though, even on medium settings. I've got an ATI radeon HD 5850, 8Gb ram and an i7 so I didn't think I should be having too many issues, but I haven't been a PC gamer since I had counter-strike back in like 2005 so I could be quite wrong.

But anyway, I applied for the oznerf platoon... though i don't really know what the hell a platoon is either haha
    False
    False

Post  False Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:41 pm

I really like this game. I had never played battlefield before, mainly CoD, I'm a big Mw2 fan (not the nooby kind, though, haha). But when my brother picked it up I had a go and have really been enjoying it.

Graphics, being on Xbox, are worse than PC but still pretty damn good! I've been using the second sniper rifle, with ballistics scope, trying to get the bi pod, haha.

Like I said, this was my first battlefield experience. The guns in this game feel a lot...heavier? And more realistic. It's pretty good, one thing I did notice is that the maps are huge!

So all in all, I really like this game, it's different and a nice change from CoD, although I'll still be playing that more.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:36 pm