Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+4
littlebro05
matt.chopper
Eclipse
NITROMAINIAC
8 posters

Attention all Toowoomba nerfers

NITROMAINIAC
    NITROMAINIAC

Attention all Toowoomba nerfers Empty Attention all Toowoomba nerfers

Post  NITROMAINIAC Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:13 pm

Greetings my name is NITROMAINIAC and I am trying to find some people to start up a slingshot paintball group in Toowoomba and surrounds and thought thier may be some people on here that are interested, if I find a few people that are in I will find a hidden location and build a skirmish area with starpickets, pallets trenches and of course natural foilage and terrain.

I was thinking of playing with the airsoft 6mm plastic BB's, the pros of these is you don't have to wipe of paint but the cons are I don't know how well they would fly out of a firearm with no barrel, which doesn't mean "No" just means maby.

Ok so like I said if you are into this stuff and are bored on the weekends please reply or send me a personal message.

I'm 17 years old and not really wanting to play with little kids so as queensland legislation says I don't want anyone under the age of 15 playing paintball.

This wouldn't cost much to get into either it would just be a slingshot ($40) a box of paintballs ($100) and will last you ages with the rate of fire involved with using slingshots, and last but not least probably a paintball mask ($60)
    Eclipse
    Eclipse

Attention all Toowoomba nerfers Empty Re: Attention all Toowoomba nerfers

Post  Eclipse Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:23 pm

Just saying mate, you probably won't have much success on a forum full of Nerfers at getting them to fire paintballs at each other in a field. Nerf is also about the modification process and not just the wars. Also, airsoft is highly illegal in Australia, so good luck in getting anyone to risk heavy fines and jail time.

Edit: Also mate, probably a paintball mask? Paintball mask required is what it should say. All your doing is risking being sued if someone gets injured and decides to be a bit of a dick and thinks it's your fault.

Last edited by danerfdude on Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    matt.chopper
    matt.chopper

Post  matt.chopper Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:24 pm

Well if anyones looking for protective gear join my ehobby order. Plently of masks and such on this site.

http://www.oznerf.com/t3856-ehobby-combat-gear-order#70156

Good luck mate and welcome to the forums.
    NITROMAINIAC
    NITROMAINIAC

Post  NITROMAINIAC Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:32 pm

matt.chopper wrote:Well if anyones looking for protective gear join my ehobby order. Plently of masks and such on this site.

http://www.oznerf.com/t3856-ehobby-combat-gear-order#70156

Good luck mate and welcome to the forums.

Ahh thank you, y'know I just don't know what is with these internet forums, everyone is always so angry?

good on you.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:41 pm

He's not angry. Just putting it down bluntly. Curiosity, where do you plan to get these paintballs from? From my knowledge, you still need to have a paintball license or something to buy them legally in Australia.

This would be cool and all, but well liability is pretty bad since the some of the blasters we use are already borderline illegal and in the grey. Take a look at the Salisbury war thread, you'll see the damage. You may as well Nerf XD. You can get these blasters hitting the 50metre mark if you know what you're doing. You can reuse the ammo, thus better than paintballing :P.

Also can you update your location and age on your profile, it's a requirement for this forum. Thanks.
    NITROMAINIAC
    NITROMAINIAC

Post  NITROMAINIAC Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:52 pm

littlebro05 wrote:He's not angry. Just putting it down bluntly. Curiosity, where do you plan to get these paintballs from? From my knowledge, you still need to have a paintball license or something to buy them legally in Australia.

This would be cool and all, but well liability is pretty bad since the some of the blasters we use are already borderline illegal and in the grey. Take a look at the Salisbury war thread, you'll see the damage. You may as well Nerf XD. You can get these blasters hitting the 50metre mark if you know what you're doing. You can reuse the ammo, thus better than paintballing :P.

Also can you update your location and age on your profile, it's a requirement for this forum. Thanks.

Oh yep well I don't know really I mean I guess It's just I don't know if nerf guns are packing the sort of punch I want. but I guess if these things are going upto 50 metres they may be reasonable, is thier a Toowoomba nerf group? umm Toowoomba wolfpack? I think Ive seen before.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:12 pm

You have the same mindset that I had when I was your age. I wanted to make a mini slingshot group / airsoft group too... then I come to the realisation, what's the point?

I can modify Nerf Blasters to penetrate through 2-3 layers of cardboard, and I can play with in a park (usually deserted) in public and no one would even know unless they got up close to see what was going on. These blasters can break skin, leave abit of blood if you're unlucky, you seem to be very uneducated with what Nerf Blasters can truly do.

It's gotten to the point where some 'younger' members don't attend certain wars where the blasters are that powerful. Bear in mind, the stuff we use are highly in the grey area, leaning towards in the black area (being illegal)

I would recommend you to do some more research before you put off "Nerf" as being too kiddy and wanting to do all the illegal stuff first.
    Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:17 pm

Honesty is good... but I'm not so sure it's a good idea to openly admit our blaster are illegal

But Lilbro is quite right. Nerf itself is as engaging as paintball already. And the only thing that airsoft has on Nerf is that they get to use realistic guns. If you're going to use slingshots, you'd might as well just modify a titan to fire 50m and bob's your uncle.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:25 pm

Haha.. probably not a good idea, but then again, our community is a small one. XD. Just saying, there are so many mods out there. Check out forsakenangel24. His stuff is the coolest.

Also that, when I first started Nerf, even though the blasters weren't that high powered, I still had fun, believe it or not, I thought it was childish too, until I had a go and wow, haven't stopped since.
    matt.chopper
    matt.chopper

Post  matt.chopper Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:15 am

I know you guys don't mean it in a bad way, but just let him go. He's here to do what he wants to do, let him do it. He obviously knows most of the risks with paintball and if he's making a little club sort of thing he'd probably researched it.

He obviously doesn't want to get involved in nerf and wants to use slingshots. He's not here to have people rave on about nerf, he wants get people for his club.

On another note, this sounds like a lot of fun mate. I'd love to join in if I wasn't on the other side of the country.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:32 am

matt.chopper wrote:I know you guys don't mean it in a bad way, but just let him go. He's here to do what he wants to do, let him do it. He obviously knows most of the risks with paintball and if he's making a little club sort of thing he'd probably researched it.

Basically, jumping down people's mouths as they join because of this or that isn't the kind of image we want to portray.

Back on topic, welcome to the forums, I hope your paintball slingshot adventure does well
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:18 am

We're just trying to 'convince' him to join Nerf. If your here to try to recruit us, it's probably not going to happen. You'd be better of joining a slingshot forum.

IF you want inspiration on making slingshots... you should visit this man here...

https://www.youtube.com/user/JoergSprave

German engineering at it's best.
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:36 am

Echoes wrote:Honesty is good... but I'm not so sure it's a good idea to openly admit our blaster are illegal

But Lilbro is quite right. Nerf itself is as engaging as paintball already. And the only thing that airsoft has on Nerf is that they get to use realistic guns. If you're going to use slingshots, you'd might as well just modify a titan to fire 50m and bob's your uncle.

Especially when they AREN'T illegal...

It's when you've got it painted up to look like a real piece, and scare a member of the public into think it's another Columbine or whatever that the cops would get involved.

Back on topic, hi mate.

There are actually some laws about slingshots too if I remember correctly...

Maybe the ones with the forearm brace??
    NITROMAINIAC
    NITROMAINIAC

Post  NITROMAINIAC Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:16 pm

Hmm, so tell me do any nerfers use homemade guns like the ones made out of pvc pipe, Ive discovered that they are actually pretty easy to make. How often and where do you have nerf wars? and do nerfers wear some of the tactical stuff like vests etc?

Yes I'm sure the homemade guns are illegal, but that wouldn't stop me.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:59 pm

Would being arrested stop you? If I were you, I would put your homemade inside a nerf blaster shell. Someone posted a while back about how these homemades can be modified to fire bullets or something, so a policemen will use it as excuse.

I encourage to try not to deal with 'illegal' stuff. Our hobby is already on a pretty unstable balance and it always takes one idiot to ruin it for everyone.

For example, there's a place that sells springer paintball pistols. Some kids bought it and started to them in the shopping mall, because of that, they aren't allowed to import them anymore... this happened in a shopping mall about 15minutes east of me.
    NITROMAINIAC
    NITROMAINIAC

Post  NITROMAINIAC Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:07 pm

littlebro05 wrote:Would being arrested stop you? If I were you, I would put your homemade inside a nerf blaster shell. Someone posted a while back about how these homemades can be modified to fire bullets or something, so a policemen will use it as excuse.

I encourage to try not to deal with 'illegal' stuff. Our hobby is already on a pretty unstable balance and it always takes one idiot to ruin it for everyone.

For example, there's a place that sells springer paintball pistols. Some kids bought it and started to them in the shopping mall, because of that, they aren't allowed to import them anymore... this happened in a shopping mall about 15minutes east of me.

Ahh I see, haha that's a great idea just put a nerf gun shell around the gun. Yeah and you know what I hear you man, the freaking gun laws in Australia are ridiculous, you need to have a gun licsense for a paintball gun.... a gun that is MADE to shoot people and not harm them, well maby a tad.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:26 pm

Haha yeah... the laws are ridiculous. Unfortunately, we have too many of those people who 'ruin it for everyone in Australia'. That paintball pistol incident was just ONE of many that ruined it for everyone. Melbourne - 3 people were caught using clear airsoft guns shooting people from the apartment was another incident I think that happened in 2007.

Gun laws are becoming strictor, for a good or a bad cause, I'm not sure.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure when you get a paintball license, you still need to put it in a safe and stuff. It's pretty strict, and you are only allowed to use it on private property or licensed playing grounds.
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:42 am

Yea they fall under the fire arms act. So just like any fire arm, it has to be partially dis-assembled and stored in an authorised vessel. (Does not mean under the bed grandma)

A friend of mine was initially going to set up an indoor paint ball facility but the cost to get your M class license I think it is, plus the paint ball guns, paint balls and not to mention the facility was way too expensive to do.

So he just turned to nerf just as I have done and it's probably the most legal and user friendly projectile game you can play.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:24 am