Only 70-75% of your team will be on the field. Respawn rules are that when someone 'is shot', they must return to base and swap with the next person who is waiting in line for their 'turn'. When they reach the respawn point, they must tag the next person in line back into the game. Obviously, one factor for calling it 'speed' is because you must return to base as quickly as possible to get your team going. (Note: If there is large numbers - this rule will apply)
Being a small playing field, you have to be quick on your feet. Staying in one place may results in a charge or rush causing a massacre (if there are a few in the same spot). It is recommended to split up to run to complete the objective while supporting your team mates through coverfire, distraction and division.
McCaskie Park, Blamey Street, Kelvin Grove, Queensland, 4059
Dart Hire (compulsory)
Provided by littlebro05 - $10 per person.
- Darts will include, weighted snap cap darts and silicone tips.
Dart Blaster Hire (optional)
Provided by littlebro05:
Updates on Gun Hire:
For those who have friends who don't have a blaster or if you bring a blaster and it isnt' up to your standard you can hire the following the blasters I will only be bringing a few though.
For $15 - You get Furyfire
-> Dart Hire
-> Ten Round Capacity
Dart Purchase (optional)
It is available after the war, you will get a mixture of silicone and snap cap darts. It will cost you $10 extra per person to get 100 darts. Then if you want more darts (per person) it will cost you $20 per 100 darts. If you have a friend, it will be better to split the cost if you want 200.
General Warring Rules and Etiquette
1. If you are hit by a dart in ANY part of the body, you are OUT (Hit)
2. If your gun is hit, you are OUT (Gun Hit)
3. If you hit someone and they continue to play, call them out.
4. Don't cheat in general, it's a game of tag.
5. Don't argue with the person who calls a hit on you.
6. Report to one of the organisers about a possible cheater and we will monitor them to see if they continue to do so.
7. Minimum engagement range = 2-3metres | For Air Blasters it’s 8metres
(NOTE: If the person charges YOU, you are able to shoot them at a close engagement range. However, if you charge at them - you will be given a warning)
8. Range Limit of 120ft (40’ish metres) - Big Blasts and Titans are banned.
9. EYE PROTECTION IS MANDATORY (You will most definitely need it in this war as the darts are flying at a higher velocity than HvZ blasters)
10. Melee weapons are allowed IF it is made from very soft foam. If you are to meet or sneak on a player and you have no weapon, just place your hand on there should to say I’ve got you. This is to avoid close shooting encounters from high end blasters
11. You are NOT allowed to pick up darts when you are dead or ‘tagged’. You can pick up darts when you are alive.
12. In case of a situation where both players have shot each other near or at the same time – this is a double kill. Both players must return to the safe zone / or respawn point.
13. When you are shot – you are NOT allowed to communicate with other players. Dead people can’t talk.
14. If children or anybody walks across the field, please halt your fire and screamout 'STOP' and continue the chain to yelling until the kids or other people are off to the field.
15. Please don't take the game too literally and get to serious about it. Nor boast about how good you are, no one likes arrogance or someone who is taking it way seriously. Be casual about it, it's just a game and we're here to have some fun.
1. Team Deathmatch (Elimination) - Classic GameType
2. Capture the Flag - Classic GameType
3. Defend and Maintain - Arm the bomb to win! Two way detonation and hold for 3-4minutes!
4. Suicide Bomber - Reverse capture the flag, you have a designated suicide bomber which must plant the flag at the enemy base! The bomber will have unlimited respawns, his 'support' will have none. Eliminate your contestants so it's easier for your comrade to plant the bomb!
5. HvZ - Run, run, run don't get infected by the zombies! Last man standing wins! Please bring low powered blasters for this gametype
6. Time Crisis / Ghost Squad - Defend your self against waves of fighting enemies!
7. Pistol Rounds for each gametype
PISTOL SIZED BLASTERS INCLUDE:
1. Wipeout Pistol
8. X-Shot Pistol
9. Tek One
10. Recon WITHOUT Stock or Barrel attachment (even though those bits are useless anyway - just trying to run with the hand gun only theme)
11. Scout IX-3
12. Speedload 6
13. Dart Tag Gun (Hyperfire)
14. Element EX-6
15. Dart Tag Sharpshot
16. Tech Target Pistol
17. X-Shot Turbofire
- Singled OR RSCB'd OR Hopper OR Inlined Big Blasts
- Singled OR RSCB'd OR Hopper OR Inlined Berserkers
- Singled OR RSCB'd OR Hopper OR Inlined Titans
- Singled OR RSCB'd OR Hopper OR Inlined Air Powered Blasters
- Anything that can shoot across the field (40metres) at a slightly flat angled
- Anything that can penetrate 2 or more layers of cardboard
- If in between game breaks and you are you 'popping of shots', ONLY shoot within the field as we do not want accidents happening by accidentally shooting a non player.
- If you arrive early, please help set up. Bring a mallet. I will print out the format of where the stakes should be hammered,
- At the end of the day, stay AT LEAST until all the darts have been sweeped off the field and all the tarps have been taken down. I will give instructions at the end of the day.
- EYE PROTECTION IS MANDATORY, IF YOU GOT NONE - YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO PARTICIPATE
- If this is your first time attending a war, please bring a blaster (and a spare one) that has AT LEAST the AR removal, these darts will not fire effectively if you have not at least done that modification. Use google, if you need help.
A list of attendees. If you are willing or might be participating in this war, REPLY to this thread stating the following. Age, any extra friends who are coming and Arsenal of EACH player. Arsenals included modifications on the blaster. Our age limit here is 12YO. So I know a rough estimate of how many darts I need to bring.
heist Drink Sales!
Are you too lazy to walk across the shopping centre to buy yourself a drink? heist is the man for you! He will be selling cans of soda for $1.50 each. Available throughout the course of the day. Damn it's convenient!
The BBQ last time was a BIG success and once again, our good friend lefty will be hosting another one.
$2 for a snag on bread - Free Sauce Haha!
Photos of Last Wars, taken by Unknown's father:
- The cover I will be bringing will ONLY be 1.2metres tall. I won't have any 1.8metre tall tarps for the time being as they were a pain to put up. There will be new 'ways' to hold up the cover
- We will play 3 rounds of each game type as 5 rounds per game type seemed a little boring as we didn't get through much. At the end of the third round, we will be using pistols only match REMEMBER TO BRING A SIDEARM. If you are unsure, check the list above.
- If you have cover, feel free to bring them along, the more cover we have the better!
- There maybe a possibility where Lite Tips and Heavy Tips will be involved. Lite Tips are recommended for those with weaker blasters. Depending on the circumstances.
- If you have a Nerf mini pocket howler, feel free to use it in wars, they must hit directly for the 'kill'. Bombard your enemies!
- If you have a stampede shield on your blaster, your gun can be used as a shield. Explained more on the day.
This will be the last war event I will be hosting until January, 2012 because I've become busy with my studies. Inf0rm3r and Unknown should be hosting some in the near future where I will attend if I'm not busy.
Last edited by littlebro05 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:53 am; edited 2 times in total