Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

5 posters

Noob questions / Stampede upgrades

krizzy

Noob questions / Stampede upgrades Empty Noob questions / Stampede upgrades

Post  krizzy Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:42 am

ok im new still to the whole nerf thing but iv had a resent purchase of 2 nerf stampedes and have doubled up the springs to get a little bit more power out of it and then did a battery mod to it so it can fire a bit faster than stock(AA1.5x10=15volts) its range is only 10M shooting at 90deg what can i do to improve the range? also accuracy is something to be desired darts seem to get tail happy exiting the barrel and curve in the air /it chews darts (but not as bad as a stock raider any ways to fix this? and what dose a brass breach do?
    are there any other things i should do to it?

also is toys R us still having there airzone sale? saw the shot gun for $15 /they still selling them for that? (grenade launcher under barrel sounds good to me XD)
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Noob questions / Stampede upgrades Empty Re: Noob questions / Stampede upgrades

Post  clunk07 Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:55 am

A bit of house-keeping to begin with. I've moved your post to the Question's thread. Please post all questions there.

Secondly, could you update your profile, to include age, location and an avatar etc.

On to your questions:

There are a number of upgrade springs available for the Stampede. You can purchase them from inf0rm3r or Servulus, depending on which one you want to use. Both springs will require a different power source than the 10 x AA batt's that your using. Your options are either a suitable LiPo battery, 12v SLA or 4 x 14500 li-ion batteries.

LiPo's are available from hobby stores.
    12v SLA's are available from electronic's stores.
    14500 Li-ion's are available from dealextreme.com

As for range, if you're shooting at 90 degree's, then 10m is pretty good (that would be vertical). Generally, flat/parallel to ground, a fully overhauled Stampede will hit around 50 feet +. Angled from hip, ranges of 90 feet are possible.
    I assume that you're using stock streamline's, which will explain why the darts are fish-tailing, and also contribute to pretty ordinary range. I recommend purchasing some blue foam darts from inf0rm3r - whether pre-made or diy is up to you. With the blue foam, you'll notice a distinct increase in range and accuracy.

Brass breeches are predominantly for Longshot's, though some member's are experimenting with brass/conduit/petg breeches for the Stampede.

Other options to improve the Stampede are obviously AR removal, and improved plunger seal, by either an after-market o-ring, or teflon tape under the stock o-ring. Have a look through the modifications directory for Stampede tutorial.

Cheers,

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Noob questions / Stampede upgrades Cwc_lo10

Clunk Weapons Co. Blaster-smith Services:
    Commissions offered on Stampede, LongShot, Spectre, LED Maverick.

CWC Blaster-smith Services
    CWC Custom Paint
    Calico
    Calico

Post  Calico Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:44 am

You can fill your streamline tips with hot glue for abit better flight but it's still not the best.
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:37 am

littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:44 am

Or you could just check out the modding directory located and stickied on top of the modification section. Please do some research before you ask these questions. We're here to help, but we're not going to spoonfeed you information you can find by googling stuff.

If you're asking questions, could you ask them like this..

Where can I get this paint?

How do I paint it?

Just so it's easier for us to read =). Thanks.

Also, could you spruce up on your post quality so it's less messy. It's like reading a massacre of words lol.
    krizzy

Post  krizzy Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:54 am

oznerfnerd thanks for the link prity much what i needed to know

thamks also for the other additonal info iv fixed the restricter but the sring i found liing around the shop was a bit to long and insted i cut it to put it into my soon to be shot gun atachment (has more range and speed than the stampeed shame it only fires 3 at a time =/ )

sorry for being a incoveniounce to all of you

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:20 pm