Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+2
littlebro05
natious
6 posters

Other populated australian based nerf forums where the majority age group is over 20?

natious

Other populated australian based nerf forums where the majority age group is over 20? Empty Other populated australian based nerf forums where the majority age group is over 20?

Post  natious Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:04 am

As title describes, no hard feelings intended.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Other populated australian based nerf forums where the majority age group is over 20? Empty Re: Other populated australian based nerf forums where the majority age group is over 20?

Post  littlebro05 Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:15 am

I don't know. You just learn to play with the kids I guess. That or as you attend wars, you slowly get the facebook contacts of various over 18 members and create your own group for it.
    RL
    RL

Other populated australian based nerf forums where the majority age group is over 20? Empty Re: Other populated australian based nerf forums where the majority age group is over 20?

Post  RL Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:31 am

There is but I don't think I'm allowed to tell you lol
    makeitgo
    makeitgo

Post  makeitgo Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:07 pm

I know this doesn't really help you but I live in Canada where we just had a big war, Hell Before Halloween 5. The majority of the participants were over the age of 20 and I would say that a 1/5th were over 25. I know the Oz War community isn't as aged affluent but we adults are out there. Plus, if you're an online-multiplayer-FPS guy, this is a way for us to get back at all the 12 year olds who kick our @$$3$ in COD, Battlefield, Gears of War, Killzone.... They may not be 'the' 12 year olds but that's how I justify shooting them.

Other populated australian based nerf forums where the majority age group is over 20? 62713302449db9c24005bsm
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:44 pm

natious wrote:As title describes, no hard feelings intended.

I understand totally, as my own son is 12.

For me, I just don't often engage another member specifically unless I know them (sort of).

The line is drawn for myself with going to a nerf war, as running around shooting at 12 year olds (other than my own kids) would be outside my comfort zone.

I'm actually surprised that so many kids at that kind of age are allowed unrestricted access to the internet...

On a positive note, they're using tools and getting outside/running around.

I must say that most of the young ones seem like nice kids, and the biggest dummy spits I've seen on here have been from blokes around the 20yo age...

makeitgo
    makeitgo

Post  makeitgo Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:17 pm

The wars that I've attended and many that have been organized by the same group of people have run very smoothly due to strict adherence to set regulations. One of the regulations, which is why I attend these wars specifically, is that the organizers implement a strict rule that if a participant is under the age of 16 they *MUST* be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.

In many cases the parents actually participate. I can say that those kids really get a kick out of their own mom or dad (or even both) getting in on the action. The smile on their faces when they shoot their dads is priceless.

This regulation actually has a two-fold benefit in my opinion. First, it means that the parent is aware of their child's activities and is willing to support them. The second, is that it deters those under-aged from attending. Since this results in most participants being over the age of 16, it raises the comfort level OzNerfNerd speaks of for the older participants.

When I say I shoot 12 year olds, that's to be taken with a grain of salt. I actually avoid shooting the young ones if their under 30 feet away and I always aim low on them. Knowing that their parent has given their 'signed' consent (yes there is a waiver), eases my conscience some.

Natious, OzNerfNerd if you want to increase the 'adult' population in the Australian Nerf world, I suggest you take the initiative and accompany your sibling/child to a War. Trust me, you'll have a great time and possibly meet other adults who may be in the same shell as yourselves. You don't have to go with the intention of participating but once you see all the action, you'll find it hard not to.

oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:09 am

makeitgo wrote:The wars that I've attended and many that have been organized by the same group of people have run very smoothly due to strict adherence to set regulations. One of the regulations, which is why I attend these wars specifically, is that the organizers implement a strict rule that if a participant is under the age of 16 they *MUST* be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.

In many cases the parents actually participate. I can say that those kids really get a kick out of their own mom or dad (or even both) getting in on the action. The smile on their faces when they shoot their dads is priceless.

This regulation actually has a two-fold benefit in my opinion. First, it means that the parent is aware of their child's activities and is willing to support them. The second, is that it deters those under-aged from attending. Since this results in most participants being over the age of 16, it raises the comfort level OzNerfNerd speaks of for the older participants.

When I say I shoot 12 year olds, that's to be taken with a grain of salt. I actually avoid shooting the young ones if their under 30 feet away and I always aim low on them. Knowing that their parent has given their 'signed' consent (yes there is a waiver), eases my conscience some.

Natious, OzNerfNerd if you want to increase the 'adult' population in the Australian Nerf world, I suggest you take the initiative and accompany your sibling/child to a War. Trust me, you'll have a great time and possibly meet other adults who may be in the same shell as yourselves. You don't have to go with the intention of participating but once you see all the action, you'll find it hard not to.

Absolutely no worries,

I should point that I was responding more about the forum question, but drifted off topic when I referred to wars.

I'm not looking to increase the "adult" population, I just referred to how I deal with it as it is.

We have good size battles at our 1 acre backyard with all my kids neighborhood mates, and I shoot the shit out of them, but I know their parents well. I make them wear safety glasses.

I'll check out a Brisbane war some day, but I live 950km north of there and am self employed.

My post was only sympathizing with Natious's point of view and explaining how I deal with it, not trying to change anything.

In this country there are real sensitivities about adult kid interaction, especially on the internet.
    spectre
    spectre

Post  spectre Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:52 am

2120 wrote:There is but I don't think I'm allowed to tell you lol

Agreed, AFAIK it's against the Forum's TOS to promote such... so all I can say is exercise your Google-Fu!

Alternatively...

Check Facebook for pages dedicated to Adult Nerfing specifically in your area, start up your own FBP OR get a job at THIS place.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:00 pm