Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

3 posters

Simple Side-by-Side Jolts

iamthatcat

Simple Side-by-Side Jolts Empty Simple Side-by-Side Jolts

Post  iamthatcat Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:43 am

I was walking along and muttering to myself that there's gotta be a way to do a Jolt Manta. This idea came to me as a temporary fix for my Manta need. No more ergonomic than a big rock but perhaps fun and good for integration.

Simple Side-by-Side Jolts Img0345kn

Sand the "inside" grip surface of both shells flat using the lines of the knurling as a guide. It looked like I was hitting the middle 2 lines of knurling when I started. I tried to leave a little more plastic on the shell than I thought was necessary for strength. Sand the inside screw bosses too as indicated by the yellow line. I used a clean toothbrush (no grease), then a soft brass wire brush to get the dust out of the knurling. Then I went over it with alcohol.

Simple Side-by-Side Jolts Img0311uo

I put a small drop of fast superglue on one side and then laid the shells next to each other on a flat surface, plunger tubes down. Then I carefully brought them together, matching the lines of the knurling and looking down the sides of the barrels for straightness. If it doesn't line up right now, just pull it apart, adjust the surfaces and try again. I let it dry for a few minutes and then found a few spots where capillary action would really get the glue into the gaps. Try to go slow and hold it at different angles to flow the glue around. Be mindful of the plunger tubes. (Note: glue it up when the shells are empty)

Simple Side-by-Side Jolts Img0337lm

Simple Side-by-Side Jolts Img0327iv

Simple Side-by-Side Jolts Img0315ig

If it's a tiny bit off now you can try to spread the barrels or clamp the barrels and glue strategically. Once it's ok set it aside to dry once again making sure the glue is not going to go places it shouldn't. I added a second layer of glue as that seems to really keep stuff together.

Simple Side-by-Side Jolts Img0316rf

Sand down the "inside back" 2 screw things like this. One on each side. Not all 4. Test fit this and make sure you've removed enough material or it could cock the barrels when tightened.

Simple Side-by-Side Jolts Img0319xc

Done. You can easily link the triggers. Chunky as hell in the hand but some improvements can be made here later. I'd recommend trying these taped together or something before doing this to see if it'll work for you

Simple Side-by-Side Jolts Img0323ks

I tried linking the priming bars through the holes already there. I used a nail with the head cut off slipped across the priming handles. It was better for priming but the span across the triggers made getting off both shots at the same time impossible. Something linking the triggers might fix that issue and be pretty cool. I found that just differences in the speed of the plungers were too great to include it in the writeup. And firing them singly was of course right out.

Ideas Shared :

Lein

"Here's an idea. Put a long screw with a nut through both of the priming rods so you could prime them both at the same time. Taking the screw and bolt out during a war could let you use a simultaneous double shot or two single shot."

And Y-Brik :

"Try disabling one of the triggers- keep it constantly pulled back (zip-tie) or clear off the catch notch (the 'nail'). If the priming bars are linked, one catch may just be enough."

catbarf:

"I want to do this with, like, twenty of them, and link the triggers with a steel bar going across all of them."

I'll update this post with any extra info I have.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Simple Side-by-Side Jolts Empty Re: Simple Side-by-Side Jolts

Post  littlebro05 Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:48 am

Bloody hell! Keep it up =). By the time these Jolts come to Aus, we'll have plenty of write ups we can experiment with =)!
    False
    False

Post  False Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:45 am

Stop making me want Jolts to come to Aus more!

Also, nice clean mod, and pretty interesting. Nice work.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:26 am